PDA

View Full Version : Fears: Nightfall RP Thread (open)

Cristo Meyers
2008-12-02, 07:31 PM
This is not part of the Town, or any Acronym. This is its own, self-contained dimension. It is open to all comers. Please leave your Acronym affiliations at the door, thank you and enjoy.

Welcome to Haven, a rather typical Midwestern city: freaking cold in the winter, bloody hot in the summer, and road construction the entire way through. It has its malls, its office buildings, its local landmarks, its celebrities...

...or at least, it did, once.

No one is exactly sure when the Total Night fell, one day the sun just never came up. The entire city was shrouded in darkness. But it wasn't the darkness that was dangerous...it was what came later.

Creatures, beings that could only have been spawned from the nightmares of a terrified populace, began to appear. In the first few hours after Nightfall, thousands died under their claws and powers. Packs of them roamed the streets, solitary, frighteningly intelligent ones stalked the alleyways, and rumors of even more power, entirely human-looking ones spread like wildfire among the survivors.

The creatures eventually seemed to disappear, leaving a horrified populace behind. Some tried to escape, but found that the darkness actually only held half the city, forming a solid dome that prevented them from leaving, from escaping into the light. Cut off from the outside world and with no help coming, the survivors fell into anarchy. Some banded together for safety, others turned to looting and banditry, a few braved the supernatural and natural dangers in an attempt to find out what was causing the Total Night.

A handful of the survivors noticed that the dome is centered on a particular spot in the city: the famed Pegasus Manor, rumored to be one of the most haunted manors in the country and the subject of much legend and folklore. Perhaps the secret lies inside, or perhaps something even more dangerous lurks there.

The final working lamps are starting to flicker and die as the generators run dry. Creatures of nightmare still lurk, hunting and killing at their leisure. No one is coming to save you, all you have is yourself and time is running out. Will you live to see the Sunrise?

Reinholdt
2008-12-02, 07:51 PM
Spike broke a wide toothy grin as the brick flew threw the window. Of course, Spike wasn't his real name, but who on earth is intimidated by someone named Chester? Honestly?

Spike had been looking for his big break. Sure he had done some small time gigs, but nothing to get him out of this dump. Now that the darkness had come, things were like Christmas all the time. He managed to miss some of the good stuff early on, but there was plenty to go around.

Besides, who's going to miss a few watches when people are running around scared out of their wits? Spike grinned even wider. "Hello there pretties. I'm Spike and your chaperone for tonight. Let's enjoy ourselves, shall we?" Spike starts grabbing jewelry as fast as he can and stuff it in the bag he had with him.

Coplantor
2008-12-02, 09:25 PM
Since the total night fell, Dave's routine changed drastically, of course, he was always a man who was bounded to a routine, he lacked the personality to do otherwise.

But no longer does he wakes at 4:30 AM and hops to his taxi to drive the same streets day after day waiting for someone needing a ride. He hardly has any sleep at all, he's been driving, looking for fuel, hugging his old baseball bat and praying to a god that probably forggot him, at least that's what Dave thinks since that dreadfull night and the first time he witnessed the true horror that can drive a man to insanity.

His friends are dead, so is his family, and day after day, as he curls up to sleep while grabbing firmly his trusty baseball bat he asks himself:
Why am I still alive?

ThePhantom
2008-12-02, 09:41 PM
Lost, nothingness. Ever since my death to avoid what ever the manor had in store, I've been trapped in my own mask. Forced to watch silently from the sidelines as the events in the manor played out, horrorified by the fate of the city. Well, at least my mask, was blown free of the manor. Sure, I don't have a body, but at least I'm out of the manor.

To all of the world, all they would see is a white mask, blowing along the streets in the wind.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-03, 12:00 AM
Creak...
Creak...
Creak...
An old lady in a rocking chair by the fire, sewing by its dim light, a cat dozing by her feet. Quite the homey scene, were it not for the shotgun that lies across her knees. Or the boards nailed across the windows. Or the utter, dismal, blackness of everything outside this room. Setting aside her work for a minute, she rises to her feet and pick up an ax from next to the fireplace. She walks across the room, shivering as she leaves the warmth and illusion of security offered by the fire's meager glow. She pauses next to a large dining table, obviously once expensive and probably the height of fashion many decades before. It is a massive thing, designed to seat at least eight, but somehow this tiny woman is not as frail as she looks, for she manages to wrestle it onto its side. She does not manage to do so silently, however, and at the loud noise it makes she grabs up both the gun and the axe, clutching them with bony hands and standing frozen for a long minute. Then warily she sets to work again, knocking off two of the elegant legs with the axe. She looks around the room, frowning. She is running out of things that can be chopped up easily by one person. Food, too, is scarce. A small pyramid of cat food cans stands on a shelf. They have been sharing the same fare, lately, from the looks of it, for there is not much else on the shelf, and the old lady would surely be even thinner were she subsisting solely on mustard and instant coffee. Gathering table legs, gun, and axe she shuffles slowly back to her chair, where the cat still dozes, oblivious. She lays a chunk of table leg on the fire. Her thin fingers resume their sewing, and the chair resumes its monotonous rocking.
Creak...
Creak...
Creak...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-03, 04:30 AM
(My RP is going on from Fears 1!)
Ugh.... He lost Bran somewhere along the way....and the rest...they were ...dead.. He was in a boarded up house now, got in through a basement connection which he'd blocked..... He was safe....for now... He had to survive....and possibly get out....
Were the thoughts of Cain, as he sat eating a little bit from the food he had left.
He had come to this small town under the command of Thror, or better known as Cook, the innkeeper in the town. He'd been hit hard by the loss of him, as they'd been good friends for years, they had been special, the only humans ever inniated in the Silverbrand clan, which was something very special..... Their original human names...They rarely used them, but that was a another story for another time.... He was in his own story now.... A follow-up to Thror's last one....

banjo1985
2008-12-03, 06:04 AM
Meanwhile, in the basement of Haven's only Church...

A man in a crisp white suit and dark glasses sighs and jams his pistol back in the waist of his trousers. He brushes a few strands of jet black hair from in front of his concealing shades and takes the steel bar off the door.

"This is bad. They've been gone far too long."

The man pushes through the door and out into a graveyard draped in eternal night. He used to like the graveyard, now after the change he loves it. Trailing a slender white hand over the gravestones as he passes, the man heads towards the locked gates that open onto the dark side of Haven beyond.

"They'd be in the dark side of town, Justin's a coward but Sera would have forced him along. Follow the screams I guess."

The man in white reaches the locked gates of the graveyard...and passes straight through them.

The man shivers a little and pats himself down, as if he's checking he's all still there.

"Still not used to that."

Sebastian Pewter laughs quietly to himself and heads off down the road into the centre of Haven, waiting for the screams to start.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-03, 06:50 AM
S.E.U Headquarters some days before Total Night fell

*Cellphone rings*
"Andy speaking"
"We got a assigment for you."
"Do we really need to discuss this by phone?"
"..."
Ever the secretcy eh? So what is it? More fieldwork?"
"Its more like a intelligence mission really, we have heard strange repports coming from a town called "Haven", and we want you to confirm how much truth there is in them."
"How strange are we talking about here?"
"Well have you heard about Pegasus Manor?"
"Not really, sounds like a traditional ghost house thought."
"Yeah thats pretty much what it is, if the rumors are true."
"Soo... a "fear" class wraith then?"
"Well that is what we want you to find you, go to Pegasus Manor and try to confirm the existance of a wraith."
"Sounds easy enough, anything else?"
"No, just go there and repport any of your findings, if it is a wraith we are dealing with, then we will send a team, until then see it as a vacation, I heard Heaven is a beautiful place this time of the year."
"If its not a wraith then? I don't want to deal with any horros again."
"Don't worry, nothing in the repport suggest anything about horrors, most likely its mothing more then overexacerated rumors."
"Just in case I want my pay-check early this month."
"...Contact us once you arrive."
"Hey, can't we disscus this at le-"
*Click*
"Sigh, I really should be thinking of changing my job..."

((S.E.U. works perfectly into this setting:smallbiggrin:. And if you are wondering what a wraith is just wait to the next S.E.U. game...))

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-03, 07:49 AM
Ian Duncan leans against a cold, concrete wall and lights up a cigarette. He sets his shotgun down next to him as he breathes in the sweet nicotine. A wave of relief floods his body and he feels his nerves begin to calm. He and his band have fortified the local IGA store, where there had once been plenty of food to get by. A few raids on a nearby gun-store had provided them with a decent supply of ammo, but they were now running low on everything, and were getting desperate.

He wouldn't call himself the leader of his group, but he had been the one to organize it when the Total Night had fallen and the creatures had attacked. He had discovered early on that the creatures could still die from a shotgun blast as readily as any human.

He watches the men and women who rely on him for leadership and protection. At first, they took in any person who came to them for help. Now, however, with the rumors of human-looking creatures, Ian had been forced to turn away all those who come to the store now whether for shelter or scavenge. That decision still haunts him, especially when he hears the desperate cries and pleas of those on the outside.

But desperate times call for desperate measures. He knew that something had to be done about the Total Night, and scouting missions were taken to try and discover the source. The report came back that the darkness was centered over Pegasus manor, so Ian ordered everyone under his care and command to prepare to move out.

(Anyone else wanna join Ian's group?)

Mordokai
2008-12-03, 08:01 AM
Nathan just about had it. It was one thing to have angry and unsatisfied customers on your head. It was all another to be chased by monsters from nightmares. Last few weeks managed to convince him that he shouldn't take anything for granted. To realise that there is more to the world then it meets the eye... it was discomforting, to say in the least. And yet, bodies around him spoke for themselves. Silent as they were. As much as he would like to believe it otherwise... he couldn't. Not in face of overwhelming evidence.

The pain in his arm flared again. Ever since a scared and wild dog took a bite of it few days back... the damned thing didn't stop bleeding. He did the best he could to stop it, but he was mechanic, not a medic. And right now, the improvised band-aid was getting soggy with blood once again. If he wouldn't find a fresh one soon, there wouldn't be much point keeping this one on. So he slowly got up and moved out of his hideout. Ironically enough, the night club, that was usually packed, was now lonesome hole, not much different from other lonesome holes in the city. From the looks of it, nothing was spared. Yes, life has twisted sense of humor indeed.

As he moves past the entrance he spares a quick glance for the posters of the various dancers. Pretty, all of them. But one particular name caught his attention.

Casey? Wasn't that the name ol' Jules mentioned? More than a couple of times, actually?

Checking the poster up and close, his lips twitch with a hint of smile.

You always had a good taste for women, my friend. How long did your interest hold in this case? Two nights? Three? I'd be honestly surprised if it was any more than another one night stand for you, pretty as she may be.

He then looks around, as if looking for somebody.

"Where are you Jules? Usually, all one would have to do would go here and sure enough, he'd find you. Ah well, wherever you are, I hope you're doing ok for yourself."

He then walks away, towards another part of the city. Checking a few abandoned houses on the way, he finds nothing of use for him. No bandages, no painkillers... not even food. From the looks of it, the looting bands did their work really well. And just as he is ready to give up, he notices something akin to light in one of the houses.

Somebody actually lives here? Or just one of the looters that felt like taking a break?

He didn't care anymore. He wouldn't made it on himself, he needed help. And if somebody would kill him... it's preferable to die fast than at the hands of those creatures. He slowly limped to the doors and opened them, not even bothering to knock. At his current state, politeness didn't count for much. As soon as he did, he saw an old woman with a cat in chair. Shotgun complemented the pair nicely. He tried forcing a smile to his face, but instead only an expression of anguish was visable there. Holding his wounded hand with the other one, he mutters:

"You wouldn't have some food to spare for your fellow citizen, would you lady?"

Cristo Meyers
2008-12-03, 10:42 AM
Alicia! Wait!

Alicia Vanche ignored her partner's protestations. Jacob was missing, gone inside of that Manor, and now this, the two had to be related. Which meant that someone had to go in there and try and find out what had happened...

'Licia!

She holstered her weapon, normally she didn't carry if she could help it. But recent events definitely went beyond being able to "help it." What, Alex? She asked without turning around.

Alex was a young man, the youngest of the group by far, actually. He was also the only one of the trio that had any talent whatsoever with supernatural arts. To call him a mage would be a vast exaggeration, but when you can't afford to be picky... It's dangerous to go out alone. Take this.

Alicia rolled her eyes. Leave it to Alex to be cracking jokes right now. Alex, if you're about to hand me a wooden sword I swear to God...

I'm being serious...

That was something Alex never said unless he meant it. Alicia turned around to face him. Wh-?

The kiss cut her question off immediately. Alex drew back and smiled. Be careful. We don't know the full extent of what's going on: Jacob's gone and Kate can't find Cris either, don't become the third.

Kate and Cris...if there were ever two people Alicia never would have thought they would have to work with...they were as slippery as the rest of Marsh's kin. I'll be fine. We need more information and we're not going to get that sitting around here.

She smiled and turned towards the door. The world outside was shrouded in a permanent twilight, not even the stars were visible. But, for some reason, it didn't block the rain, which was falling in earnest right now. She put her hood up. If I'm not back in three hours...

I know, I know...

Alicia stepped out into the rain-soaked darkness, suppressing a small smile as the sound of something wooden clattered to the ground back inside the warehouse. Leave it to Alex...

If you can't laugh now... She made her way down the street, towards the last place Jacob was seen, the Pegasus Manor, I hope I know what I'm doing...

((S.E.U. works perfectly into this setting:smallbiggrin:. And if you are wondering what a wraith is just wait to the next S.E.U. game...))

((Oh if you only knew...))

ThePhantom
2008-12-03, 06:02 PM
Rain. It probably would feel cold. Course I can't tell. No nerves.
The mask that was both prison and haven for Eric's soul continued to blown down the streets of Haven. But even in the darkest times, a little good luck can happen. The mask was blown onto the face of a late looter. The looter was trying to get into an electric box, and was electrocuted just a minute before. The body was still in good shape, other than the final, fatal shock, to give the chance for Eric's soul to escape, and he took that chance.

"What?... I can feel the rain, and hear the sound of the wind. I'm... alive. I'm alive!"

Reinholdt
2008-12-04, 01:17 AM
Spike is headed back to his hangout, loot bag packed and carried over his shoulder. It had been a good night. He had been able to outlast some of the others simply be being smart when it all started. Instead of immediately going for the valuables, he made sure to grab supplies. So far it's paid off tremendously.

But things always had a downside. He was jumpy. Real jumpy. Who could blame him with things running around killing people? So when he heard a noise, his gun was out and the shot was fired before he even had a chance to see what made it. By the time he realized it was just a dog, it was too late. Spike just shook his head, feeling no remorse. He had seen one of the people he used to hang out with eaten by a creature who looked just like a dog. These days it was better to shoot, shoot some more, and don't ask any questions.

D_Lord
2008-12-04, 01:45 AM
An iron box, long buried and forgotten in the graveyard. Bang, bang, bang.
A clawed hand breaks out of it. And second one follows. A small brown robed figure claws it's way up to the surface. Shaking the dirt off , it walks off, into the raining streets.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-04, 03:50 AM
Run, I have to run. They are right behind me. Oh, what was I thinking? Sacha was in control and nothing could stop her. The girl starts to slow down, resigned to defeat before she'd even tried to fight back.

*BOOM!*

The girl jumps and hides in a nearby shadow. She looks toward the sound. It was a survivor. He was carrying a sack full of stuff, most likely food. Mmmmmm. I am hungry. Maybe, maybe I could convince him to share.

No. He'd probably shoot me on sight. And why not, there were others like me. Ones that looked to be normal humans, but were not. She watches him walk into his own shadows.

Run, I have to run. The girl takes off running, sticking closely to shadows, where she feals safe.

banjo1985
2008-12-04, 05:08 AM
The man in white leaves the graveyard behind and heads into the murky alleyways of Haven's dark side. His ears are better now, as is pretty much everything, a lot's changed since the darkness fell. Still, given the choice, he'd rather have Haven back the way it was before that strange horrifying event at the run down Pegasus Manor.

"Justin? Sera? Abby? You lyin' low down here?"

The man hissed rather than shouted. He knew what he was, and he knew he wasn't stupid. One such as him had as much to fear from a panicked civilian as from the creatures in the dark. It would probably be difficult for a civilian to work out what he actually was...in their position he would pull the trigger.

No answer. His friends weren't here. The man in white just hoped they'd gone to ground somewhere safe. He was about to move off when he heard a low wet growl behind him.

"Crap."

He spun round just as the thing that must once have been a stray dog jumped at him, bearing fangs longer than his index finger. No time to draw, so he just closed his eyes and concentrated.

He felt the creature pass through him, felt the confusion and frustration in its tiny insane mind. He opened his eyes and bolted for the main road, pulling the pistol from his belt as he did so. It might not do much good even if he had a chance to shoot. Since the darkness came these dogs had got remarkably resistant to bullets.

As he charged out onto the street he saw a few people around. Looters mostly, civilians who were doing what they could to survive in a situation they never thought could ever arise. They didn't need to see this.

"Run! Get inside if you know what's good for ya!"

Heedless of whether they heard him or not, the man in white pivotted round and levelled the pistol at the creature as it leapt straight at his neck...

Shadowcaller
2008-12-04, 06:10 AM
*Beep...Beep...*

"Come one, come on..."

*Beep...*

*Beep, Beep, Beep, Bepp*

"Work damit!"

He threw himself back into the hotel bed feeling a mild anyonace that he had not seen what was coming, all those rumors...

This was the third time Andy had tried to call S.E.U. since the nightfall but there was no conenction. He put the cellphone back into his pocked and looked out the window, it was still pitch black outside, it had been for a few days now.

He had spent the first day in Haven trying to make something out of all the rumors going around in town, it had been apperent that something was going on in the town but he had been unsure about what.

Apperently a few days ago a number of people had mysteriously dissapeared. Most of the people ha had talked to had been convinced that it had something to do with Pegasus Manor that seemed to be the cuase of most of the disturbance in the city.

It had all been pieces of a puzzle that he had not figured out until it was too late do to anything about it.

One day the sun just never came up again and that was hardly his biggest concern right now, there was even stranger things that had come with the darknees.

He had not met any of them himself since he had never leaved the hotel room after the darknees came (at least you learn something useful by working with the S.E.U.) But he was fairly convinced that it was not someones imagination that had cuased the scratch marks down in the hotel lobby.

If all this was cuased by a wraith, it was a type of wraith he had never seen before, the horror and the Ghasts was out of the picture too.
The only thing left was that this somehow had been cuased by humans, like the ones that had created the horrors.

But whatever it was he could not do anything about it since he neither knew anything about this phenomena or could contact the S.E.U., he had been in touch with them as he arrived here so they probably didin't think it was anything strange that he didin't call again.

Many agents took "extended intelligence missions" if they didin't found anything.
It was all to easy to just say that their investigation just took a bit longer time then expected.

He rose up from the bed, keeping his eyes on the singel window in his hotel room, the S.E.U. didin't exactly threw money around.

"Well no use sitting around here" Andy said to himself, "I might just go out and find someone who know a bit more about this..."

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 07:43 AM
Their ranks had already been infiltrated...

The creatures had only been biding their time, waiting for Ian to be foolish enough to order everyone out of their fortified position. He supposed it didn't matter, they would have attacked eventually anyhow.

He took count of his remaining shotgun shells, four, just four. He loaded each shot and prayed he wouldn't need to use them. He checked to see that his bowie knife was still there, it was.

Sighing, he turned to see who was left. There was the scientist who had joined them early on for her research, and a handful of others. Everyone else was dead.

He thought he saw a shadow rush past him, and he turned his shotgun on it, but it was gone before he could determine if it was a friend or not.

He looked up, they were almost to the manor. Hopefully there, they would find some answers.

"We continue on, there is no point in letting those people who died die in vain." Ian said, laying his shotgun across his shoulders and continuing on in the rain.

happyturtle
2008-12-04, 08:12 AM
Dr Satya Prasad stayed near the center of the group. She had a gun, because Ian insisted, but she'd only fired it once with live rounds, just to learn what to expect. They couldn't afford the ammunition for more practice.

As she walked, she organized her thoughts, in her mind, as if she were giving a lecture at the university.

All of the energy used for life on earth, comes from the sun. (For this discussion, we will discount the thermophilic bacteria that live around hydrothermal vents.) Plants convert solar energy into vegetation. Herbivorous animals convert this vegation into flesh.

If the creatures disappeared tonight, we would still have to face the problem of survival without sunlight. At some point in the future, there will be no more packaged food in the city. Let us refer to this as N-day.

What will we do when N-day comes? Without light, we cannot plant. Without plants, we cannot raise livestock. We will have to find food sources that can exist on the resources that we have with us here, in the darkness. Things that can live on garbage. Life forms that will break down the chemical bonds of organic matter that is inedible to us and convert it into something edible. Fungus. Insects. Nematodes. This will be what we live on after N-day.

She had explained this to people. Given them some small hope that life could go on, even if the darkness never lifted. Even if the canned food ran out.

She always left off the last part of the lecture.

This will buy us time. Perhaps a few years. But eventually, we will reach X-day, the day when we run out of organic matter to feed our food stocks. And then, there will be nothing more we can do. Every species within the dome will die, one by one. Eventually even the bacteria themselves will no longer have anything to live on. Haven will be sterile.

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 08:31 AM
Ian turned to Dr. Prasad. He admired the way that she could inspire such hope in the people he tried to protect. She was more of a leader then he, a lowly construction foreman and ex-army corporal.

"Still deep in thought, Doctor?" He says, mainly in an effort to break the tense, mournful silence of the group.

banjo1985
2008-12-04, 09:00 AM
The man in white let off three shots right into the things gaping maw, ruining its face in a shower of blood and gristle. The thing continued its trajectory, would have hit him square in the chest if he hadn't have twisted aside. He'd never have been quick enough before...but now things were different.

The creature scraped past his arm instead and smashed headfirst onto the pavement, tearing the arm of his suitjacket to pieces and dousing the white material with crimson. The thing didn't have much of a head left, but it still tried to get up, eager to get revenge on whatever had caused it such unexpected pain. The man switched his gun to his uninjured hand and levelled it at the bleeding monstrosity.

"Sleep well my dear."

Three more shots and the things head exploded like a grapefruit dropped from a tall building. Finally it dropped to the floor dead, and immediately it began to dissolve into ephemeral shadow, as insubstantial as mist. They always seemed to do that, even the things that used to be normal creatures. It prevented anyone from studying them, though why anyone would want to escaped him.

He looked down at his right arm. The creature hadn't taken any flesh, but it had cut him deep in two places, probably a jagged spike of bone or similar. Already he could see the surrounding area going a mottled angry red, infection having a field day already.

"Time for a band-aid I guess."

Seb allowed himself a grim smile and walked down the street, looking for bandages. A doctor wouldn't have gone amiss either, but he didn't fancy the chances.

Sera and the others would have to wait.

Fitz
2008-12-04, 09:06 AM
O'Niel quietly took a deep draw on his cigarrete, thinking, damm i'm going to miss these when i run out. an old Irish beat cop from New York, he thought back to the transfer, it looked such a good career option , but that was then. the sounds from the street below indicated trouble , but on the second floor there would be plenty of warning, the weight of his firearm reassuring, he returned to musing on a way out, refusing to give in to despair.

ThePhantom
2008-12-04, 10:22 AM
Eric heads for what was once his store. It was in ruins, but there were a few items that he need to pick up before things got worst. He enters through the back entance, and picks up the items. Out of a sense of why not, he uses his special phone to call a bunch of numbers that were in the city. It probaby wouldn't work, but hey, maybe someone was still alive with a working phone.

Coplantor
2008-12-04, 10:29 AM
Dave is driving aimlessly through the streets, hoping to find other survivors. On hand in the driving wheel, the other hand holding the bat. While he makes a left turn, he looks at the bat and thinks to himself:
Huh, Why arent you a gun?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-04, 12:47 PM
*THUMP*

A taxi comes out of nowhere and hits the girl. She lays there, prone on the ground. So this is how I'm to die? Hit by a Taxi?

She lays there for a moment, then begins to stand up.

The Bushranger
2008-12-04, 02:12 PM
Ian Duncan leans against a cold, concrete wall and lights up a cigarette. He sets his shotgun down next to him as he breathes in the sweet nicotine. A wave of relief floods his body and he feels his nerves begin to calm. He and his band have fortified the local IGA store, where there had once been plenty of food to get by. A few raids on a nearby gun-store had provided them with a decent supply of ammo, but they were now running low on everything, and were getting desperate.

He wouldn't call himself the leader of his group, but he had been the one to organize it when the Total Night had fallen and the creatures had attacked. He had discovered early on that the creatures could still die from a shotgun blast as readily as any human.

He watches the men and women who rely on him for leadership and protection. At first, they took in any person who came to them for help. Now, however, with the rumors of human-looking creatures, Ian had been forced to turn away all those who come to the store now whether for shelter or scavenge. That decision still haunts him, especially when he hears the desperate cries and pleas of those on the outside.

But desperate times call for desperate measures. He knew that something had to be done about the Total Night, and scouting missions were taken to try and discover the source. The report came back that the darkness was centered over Pegasus manor, so Ian ordered everyone under his care and command to prepare to move out.

(Anyone else wanna join Ian's group?)

A tall, statuesque blonde in her late 20s is part of the group, and looks a little dubious about the prospect of confronting the evil at its source. Nevertheless it is what must be done, so she sets about preparing herself, checking over a revolver she tucks in her belt, and her trusted staff.

No matter what happens, Eileen Thorsson plans to be ready for it.

http://public2.tektek.org/img/av/0812/d03/1215/cd2166.png

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 02:16 PM
"How are you holding up, Eileen, do you have any ammo left?" Ian asks during the group's break in an alleyway.

The Bushranger
2008-12-04, 02:20 PM
"I'm alright, thanks Ian. Got plenty of ammo left actually." Mainly because unlike most of these jokers I actually know how to aim. "For all the good it'll do me if we run into one of the skinjobs."

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 02:22 PM
Ian nods, setting his shotgun down. He pulls out his bowie knife and a whetstone, idly sharpening it. "This is the only back-up I got right now, and only four shells before I have to use it. I will rely on your marksmanship to take care of the group, alright?"

The Bushranger
2008-12-04, 02:24 PM
"I think I can handle that," Eileen says with a crooked grin as she spins her staff around in her hands. "You can count on me, boss."

Dirk Kris
2008-12-04, 02:27 PM
Dirk Kris decided he'd spent long enough being cooped up in his apartment. He had heard the screams, the explosions, and had ignored them. Best if he didn't get involved. When the transformer blew for his building, he'd cursed quietly and started living by candlelight. He had enough water, Ramen noodles, and chili to live off of for a while, but he was bored now. Really, really bored.
Forgoing his usual hat since it was so dark out, Dirk grabbed a bottle of tequila and his shiny silver lighter, tucking the bottle under his arm and the lighter into his shirt pocket.
"Let's see if I can't find someone to talk to, or at least something to set on fire."
Aimlessly he strolled as if monsters didn't lurk around every corner. He found himself nearing somewhere he had often seen and never entered - a topless bar. Well, no need to worry someone would see him now. Whistling, a grimace plastered on his gave, he entered.
"Hey, anyone alive in here?"

happyturtle
2008-12-04, 02:28 PM
Ian turned to Dr. Prasad. He admired the way that she could inspire such hope in the people he tried to protect. She was more of a leader then he, a lowly construction foreman and ex-army corporal.

"Still deep in thought, Doctor?" He says, mainly in an effort to break the tense, mournful silence of the group.

"Not very deep, Mr Duncan," Satya says. "I know what I need to say to people, how to convince them to join us, rebuild some kind of stable culture. We're going to need to start digging wells. We need to start going house to house to take a census. We need to centralize the supplies..." she trailed off. Her plans for after N-day required more than just a small group of people working together. For a project of this scale, they'd need to reinvent government and organize everyone. But she knew that would never happen as long as these killings were going on.

Suddenly she stopped. "Mr Duncan, look." She points to an elegant little shop that stocked high end cosmetics. "It probably hasn't been looted too badly. We need to check it out."

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 02:30 PM
Ian scratches his head, hearing Dr. Prasad speak. "What good would a cosmetic store do us right now, if I may ask."

The Bushranger
2008-12-04, 02:36 PM
Eileen also looks over at the doctor curiously, asking herself the same question.

happyturtle
2008-12-04, 02:37 PM
"They might have Vitamin C serum, designed to be applied topically to the skin as an antioxidant. We're going to need to stockpile all the vitamins we can find." Satya says.

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 02:39 PM
"Makes sense to me, and who knows, there might be something else we can find thats useful. Okay, we will take a quick look, Doctor, but we can't linger too long."

Ian picks up his shotgun and lays it across his shoulder again. He starts to rouse the few survivors with them.

"I'll take the lead, Eileen, I want you to watch our backs. Doctor, you will stay up front with me. Let's move out!"

Ian leads the group into the Cosmetic store, he keeps his shotgun held at the ready, prepared to fire at the first sign of trouble.

The Bushranger
2008-12-04, 02:41 PM
Eileen nods and tucks her staff under her arm, pulling out her pistol and taking position at the rear of the group, peering out into the gloom, and seeing nothing.
At least, not yet.
Of course, it's what you don't see that gets you...

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-04, 02:45 PM
"Okay, doctor, get to it! I don't want to stay in here too long."

Coplantor
2008-12-04, 09:12 PM
*THUMP*

A taxi comes out of nowhere and hits the girl. She lays there, prone on the ground. So this is how I'm to die? Hit by a Taxi?

She lays there for a moment, then begins to stand up.

What the???? Dave stopped the car and looked behind. It doesnt look like one of them, though one could never be carefull enough. Trust nobody he kept repeating to himself, it could be a trap.... But he is of a kind nature, he believes hmself to be weak, so he opens the door, grabs the bat, and slowly walks towards the unluckiest pedestrian ever.

Lady! Are you alright?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-04, 09:39 PM
She sits up. I... I think so. She shakes her head, dazed. Then suddenly looks behind her. Then back to the taxi driver.

Can I get a ride? She says excitedly. Fear dripping from her voice. I'll pay you. She digs in her pocket as she stands up, and moves towards him. She pulls out a wad of cash, some of it falling out of her hand. This is all I've got. She pushes it towards him. It looks to be easily $20, not including what fell from her hand.

Coplantor
2008-12-04, 09:53 PM
Dont worry, this aint working hours so you can keep your money, come on hop in the cab, we should really get out of here.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-04, 10:12 PM
No arguement here. She thinks. She shoves the money back into her pocket, grabbing one of the bills on the ground, and scrambles into the back of the cab. Thanks.

Coplantor
2008-12-04, 10:21 PM
Dave starts the engine and gets moving. I was starting to think I was the only one alive you know... This is such a relief. I guess it's just my luck, running over the first survivor I happen to see, you sure you are alright? Anyway, do you plan to go to somewhere in particular?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-04, 11:57 PM
Mmmm. He smells good. She inhales deeply. Yes. I'm fine, except... She bows her head a little. Well, I am hungry. I haven't eaten in days.

I could do with nice big bite, right now. No, must... resist... the urge.

banjo1985
2008-12-05, 04:49 AM
Seb got out onto Havens main stretch and eyed the gaping shop fronts for what he needed. Pretty much every one had been looted, glass smashed and doors burnt or gone. Still, there was a little cosmetics store down the far end of the street, it was just about possible they'd have some bandages, or at least running water to wash the wound.

Moving closer, he saw that the door to the little store was open. Moving to the entrance he heard movement inside, not one thing but several. He should probably have moved on, but silence was something he was good at nowadays. Seb crept into the cosmetics store, sliding off his sunglasses so that his altered eyes let him see clearly.

There were people in their, making a search of the place by the looks of things. Armed. Scared. On edge. Seb quietly pushed his sunglasses back onto his nose. He had a choice, creep out again and not get shot, or make sure they didn't get a shock when they turned around. He really didn't want a bullet in his gut, he wasn't sure he'd be able to blink quick enough.

Eventually he decided to go for broke. His father had always said humour was a good ice breaker.

Seb coughed and held up his bleeding arm, not liking how red the veins were already. He gave the group a smile full of white teeth and nodded towards his wound.

"I could really use some concealent."

Philistine
2008-12-05, 09:00 AM
Flip Starnes glides silently through the darkened streets of Haven in his Army-surplus fatigues, with an auto-loading 12-gauge cradled in his arms and a machete at his hip. This is his third venture out from the dubious safety of home since Nightfall, as he's come to call it. His first was spent in making the rounds of friends' and neighbors' homes, only to find each of them dead. Horrible deaths they'd been, too, by the looks of things. That's why he's carrying Doc Savitch's .38 snubnose revolver in his waistband now - it's not a very accurate weapon, and he doesn't have any reloads for it; and most damning of all, it looked like Doc had time to fire off all six rounds at whatever was attacking him, then died screaming anyway - but Flip only figures to want the .38 for one shot. Worst case scenario.

All of which is beside the point, here and now. Now Flip is looking for other survivors. He'd seen the signs of 'em during his second expedition - smashed store windows, and the occasional sound of cars moving down nearby streets - and had been relieved to think that there were others still out there, but he hadn't been able to make contact before an unfocused but overwhelming feeling of dread drove him back to the old fallout shelter under the family home. Today, prowling through downtown Haven is proving more rewarding - sort of. The first person he sees is robbing a jeweler's, of all things! Flip sneers in disgust. Don't guess I'll be hollerin' out to that one, he thinks, pressing deeper into the shadows until the thief is out of sight.

A little further on, he sees a small but organized group of people slinking into some kind of high-end boutique. They don't look like looters, exactly - they're the wrong kind of furtive. He thinks. But just as he reaches a point across the street from the doorway, he hears a feral growl punctuated by six shots - two quick groups of three - from one of the side streets behind him. He freezes in a pool of darkness as a figure in white stumbles out into the road, right arm pressed tight to its side as if injured. The figure approached the same shop the earlier group had entered, and spent a few moments observing them from the shadows outside before moving through the doorway.

Decision time, ol' boy. This is the best chance you've seen yet - so whaddya gonna do? Flip takes a last look up and down the road, scowling, then runs across the road to the boutique. He bursts through the door behind the white-garbed figure, levelling his shotgun at it.

"Looks like you folks got somethin' wants to follow ya home."

banjo1985
2008-12-05, 09:13 AM
"Anyone for a Seb sandwich?"

Seb smiles but doesn't turn round. Instead he brings his other hand out form his side, an attempt to show he is not armed. He closes his eyes behind his shades, a strange smile lingering on his lips.

"I'd be careful where you're pointing that thing. You wouldn't want to fill these good people with buckshot would you?"

He doesn't seem the slightest bit concerned to have a gun levelled at his back. Whether this is bravado or something more sinister is up for debate.

Coplantor
2008-12-05, 10:25 AM
I have some food back there, just check for it under the seats, sorry for the mess. He looks a little nervous right now.

Philistine
2008-12-05, 11:16 AM
"Call me Flip, ever'body does," the young man says evenly. "And t' answer your question - it depends, don't it?" he asks, nodding toward the group. "Are y'all good people?"

happyturtle
2008-12-05, 12:39 PM
Dr Prasad sees the newcomers, but leaves Eileen and Ian to handle it. She makes her way efficiently through the shop, filling a shopping bag with all the vitamin C serum in the store. When she notices a display of themed gift baskets, Satya quickly scavenges the scented candle out of each one. Their batteries weren't going to last forever.

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-05, 12:42 PM
Ian steps out of the store to speak with the new people. He keeps his shotgun out, but doesn't point it at the newcomers.
He offers his hand for a handshake. "I'm Ian, Ian Duncan. I guess you could say I'm the leader of the group." He motions toward Eileen. "Eileen here is my second. Its good to meet more survivors."

Lex-Kat
2008-12-05, 01:04 PM
I have some food back there, just check for it under the seats, sorry for the mess. He looks a little nervous right now.

She looks under the seat. Yuck. This stuff is going to taste awful. It always does, anymore. She spots a moldy old sandwich, a small bag of Doritos, and a can of Mountain Dew.

She takes all three. What did it matter, the mold might actually make it taste better. Thanks. She begins to eat, remembering what they use to taste like, to help get them down. Maybe this will actually sate my hunger, for a bit.

Philistine
2008-12-05, 01:48 PM
Flip steps out of the doorway and backs up against the wall of the building next door, holding his own shotgun across his body to point farther down the street. "You ain't half kiddin', neither," he grins crookedly at Ian's words. "Y'all're 'bout the first livin' people I seen since the sun decided not to come up. I mostly been holed up out to my place; but since the radio's been dead - even the poe-leece scanner and the weather service! - I figured I'd have me a look-see." His grin fades and his expression darkens as he continues, "I reckon I know the score now. I ain't seen any of whatever's out here, but I seen what they left behind when they was done with people."

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-05, 01:52 PM
Ian nods. "We've seen them, pray you stay ignorant, friend. Come inside, with the group, at least indoors there will less openings for attack."

"We are on our way to the Pegasus Manor, where the dome is centered. Half our number has been slaughtered by those things and our good doctor requested we search this shop for some useful components for her work. After we are done here we will continue for the manor. Are you armed? We could always use another gun or strong arm."

The Bushranger
2008-12-05, 01:55 PM
Eileen nods to the newcomer and stays quiet, letting Ian do the talking. Flip is, however, subjected to pretty intense scrutiny.
Senseing Motive is someting she's pretty durn good at.

Philistine
2008-12-05, 02:01 PM
Flip gestures toward the machete on his hip with the barrel of the Mossberg, smiling grimly. "Wouldn't be caught dead out here without a little somethin' to add weight to my argument," he says.

"But I do want to hear ol' buddy Seb here's story before I sign on for anythin' else."

Shadowcaller
2008-12-05, 04:50 PM
Andy unlocked the door and slowly opened it, outside it was all quiet, like in a tomb, the othel seemed to have been abodened at the start of this ethernal night.

With a gun in his right hand and a flashlight in his left he stepped out into the darkness, he had been outside the room a few times before but this time he was determent to find out more about what happened here.

He didn't know if the gun would help, it didn't help against wraiths or horrors. The only reason S.E.U. agents used guns was because of Ghasts, but thinking about them right not was not helping, the situation was worse as it was.

He slowly sneaked down into the hotel lobby ready to shoot the first thing that moved, thankfully he didn't had to use the gun just yet the only thing that was out of place in the lobby was the gigantic scratch marks on the door.

*Do-do-do da-da-da*

He literary jumped when he heared his own ring tone, his hearth was beating like crazy.

He moved into a corner and picked up the phone, hoping that the S.E.U. had managed to get thought this interference.
He looked at the display, unknown number. Crap, this better be good.

Andy Gates speaking, who am I talking to?

ThePhantom
2008-12-06, 12:43 AM
"This would be Eric. Now, i'm guessing that you are alive, and you want to meet up with more people? There's a group of people at a boutique store. I don't know where you are, so I can't give you good directions. Or you could come and meet up with me. After all, I'm think I'm one of the few people who know why this happened."

D_Lord
2008-12-06, 11:50 AM
The small figure darts from hiding place to hiding place. Heading to Manor. Long claws cut into the ground and the creatures that get in it's way.

banjo1985
2008-12-06, 12:01 PM
Seb opens his eyes when guns are pointed away from him, and visibly relaxes further if that's possible. He listens to the doctors and the soldier talking, looking at his armwith more interest.

"I'm not your buddy soldier. My buddies are out there though, and that's where I'm heading for."

He notices a package of bandages near the counter and does a little looting of his own, wrapping the strips around his right arm, hissing slightly as the antiseptic hits the open wounds. The material immediately starts to turn crimson.

"Pegasus Manor? You don't want to go there. Bad ju-ju like you wouldn't believe. That's where I'm going though. Abby and Sera are brave, I'm sure I'll find the two of them there, Justin too if he's still alive."

Seb pushes his shades firmly over his eyes before they slip, they look almost like blind glasses, the edges curl around to mask the wearers eyes from all directions. A strange fashion choice to be sure.

Seb laughs.

"Story? Well, I've been wandering around this place since the darkness fell, with the three people I told you about just now. We've been bunkering down in the basement of the old Church at the top of Hurst Street. Gates are locked and the fences are high, it's a safe place. The other three went out for some food supplies, we always keep one back to make sure the Church stays safe. But they didn't come back, and here I am."

Seb doesn't elaborate further, and it's pretty clear he's leaving out a large swathe of information. The strange smile remains on his lips, it's a little unnerving. He pulls his jacket away from his side, revealing the pistol.

"I'm armed, in more ways than you can probably imagine. If you're serious about heading for the manor then I guess I could stay aroudn until we get there."

Shadowcaller
2008-12-06, 02:36 PM
"This would be Eric. Now, i'm guessing that you are alive, and you want to meet up with more people? There's a group of people at a boutique store. I don't know where you are, so I can't give you good directions. Or you could come and meet up with me. After all, I'm think I'm one of the few people who know why this happened."

((Sorry about the slow reply, I went straight to bed after I wrote that...))

The boutique store? Well I'm at the- Andy looked up at the sign in the hotel lobby -Dolphin Hotel, can you guide me from there? I don't know much about this town I'm afraid.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-06, 03:03 PM
So, driver, what's your name, and where are we heading? She gets a suspicious look on her face. You're... not going to hurt me, are you?

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-06, 03:11 PM
“You wouldn’t have some food to spare for you fellow citizen, would you lady?”

Before the words can even leave the man’s lips, the shotgun is up, cocked and pointing straight at him.

“How the hell did you get in here?”

She was certain the doors were locked. Locked, barred, and reinforced. Wait... she had gone out a couple days ago (well, what felt like a couple days, it was impossible to tell anymore) to look for Tybalt. Poor thing, he was almost certainly dead. He had never been much of an outdoor cat in the best of times and couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper sack. Not too bright, either. Loathsome creatures, or desperate survivors, it didn’t much matter which found him, the outcome would be the same. Had she really forgotten to lock up again when she gave up and went home? Senility must be setting in...

“Well it doesn’t much matter how you got in, you can just back slowly out the same way. With your hands where I can see them, if you please. The last young man who figured on my food to keep him alive ran away with buckshot in his backside, and he was lucky to do so. At least you had the manners to ask nicely, but I don’t take kindly to strangers walking into my house, especially in these times, so out you go, sonny. I mean it. March!”

Mordokai
2008-12-06, 03:48 PM
What else was he expecting? That she would treat him to kingsize diner? Yeah, probably did. It was stupid, but hunger did its work. And would probably continue doing it even further. Still, it was preferable being alive and hungry to being hungry with an ass full of buckshots. So, slowly, he raises his hands as he continues to talk.

"My appologies. It was nice knowing you."

He didn't even had a strength left to lace these words with a decent dose of sarcasm. He starts backing out the doors, but all of a sudden, a vertigo gets him. It would appear the blood loss was too much after all. He leans against the doorframe, world dancing around him. He grabs himself for head and directs his eyes towards the dancing fire... but the bright light is too much for him. So, he redirects it to the old lady instead. She was still aiming a gun at him. Couldn't blame her, he would probably do the same. He lets out a coarse laughter, that soon turns to coughing.

Sorry lady. It would appear you'll need to kick my carcass out yourself. I just don't have it in me anymore."

Some more coughing, before he speaks again.

"Or hell, you can feed your cat with me. At least,that way I'll be put to good use."

With that, his head falls down.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-06, 05:04 PM
“Well, Maxwell, this is a pretty kettle of fish.”

The cat stirs, finally, pricking his ears up.

“No, dummy, I don’t have any fish. I meant the situation. What shall we do with him?”

She stares disapprovingly at his still form, lips pursed, gun still trained on him. Her eyes soften somewhat when she sees the bloodied bandage. In the corner, the cat stretches, then trots over to investigate. He sniffs at Nathan a few times, then curls up on his chest.

“Fine. You win. We will see what we can do for him. But as soon as he is able, out he goes.”

She goes to the door, securing it against other univited guests, then hobbles around, gathering items from various tucked away corners. A large, somewhat rusty first-aid box, her sewing kit, a small kettle and water from a large jug, a blanket. She sets about seeing what she can do for him.

Some time later, he is laid out on a dusty old sofa, his arm freshly bandaged. She sits nearby, the gun still ready, trying not to notice how childlike and innocent his face looks in sleep. The cat has curled up on his feet and is purring, in defiance of her disapproval.

Philistine
2008-12-06, 05:34 PM
"Soldier! Naw, I'm just a feller that believes in bein' prepared," Flip says sourly. "Soldiers, they got lots better toys - night vision gear, to name one thing that'd come in real handy right here'n now. An' radios, too. Oh, yeah - an' they's a whole army of 'em for backup." He chuckles at his own feeble attempt at wit.

He nods to Ian. "You still wanna move this here get-together in off the street?"

Mordokai
2008-12-06, 05:46 PM
Slowly, his conscience returns. Was it a dream? Did it really happen? The eternal night, the monsters, his wound...

Still lying, he touches the place on his wounded arm. And sure enough, there it is. Exhaling somewhat dejectedly, he notices that the wound has been nontheless freshly bandaged.

He then hears a funny sound. Lifting his head slightly, he notices the cat, curled on his legs. It would appear that the little bugger took a liking to him. He extends his healthy arm and pats his head softly.

"Hey furbal, what's up?"

But before he can continue, a cocking of the gun can be heard. He slowly turns his head and looks almost directly in the barrel of the shotgun. And behind it, what looks like a very displeased owner of the cat. Gulping loudy, he says to her:

"Look lady... I'm not looking for trouble. You patched me, right? I'm grateful for that. So much, in fact, that if you remove your gun from my face, I'm just going to walk away. Here, I'll even leave you something in return."

With that, he slowly pulls a heavy wrench out of his working dress and drops it on floor. He shrugs a little.

"May come useful in future. Now, can you please let me go? I haven't eaten in few days and I need to loot a store or two, or I won't make it much longer."

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-06, 06:55 PM
On seeing that he is only petting the kitty, and more importantly, the way the cat pushes against his hand and purrs, she lowers the gun.

"No need to go just yet, young man. For one thing, you are in no state to move off that sofa, and for another, I made you some broth, and I am not about to see it go to waste."

She brings him a cup of hot, deep brown liquid with small chunks of meat in it. It smells, not surprisingly, like cat food.

She picks up her sewing again (though the gun still lays across her lap), and peers intently at him over it.

"Now tell me about yourself. Where did you get such a nasty wound, and how have you survived this long going around bleeding like that?"

She pauses, pursing her lips.

"And how are things out there in our fair city? I must admit, I do not get out much and so I would welcome any news."

Mordokai
2008-12-06, 07:16 PM
What do you know, maybe the old lady isn't that bad after all.

Picking the cup of her hands, he smells it a little and cringes as the smell hits his nose. Did she really expect him to eat cat food? But... hunger is the best cook. And at the moment, he didn't really have much choice. Either he would eat it or he would continue starving. At the moment, any meat was welcomed. So he sets upon the broth and before you know, it's gone. From the looks of it, the poor guy really was hungry. As he wipes his mouth and hands the cup back to the lady, he speaks up again.

"Name's Nathan. Been working down the auto repair shop, as you may have deduced from my attire. And the wrench. Anyway, everything went rather smooth until few weeks back, when the darkness fell. And the creatures appeared."

At that he shakes a little, but soon continues.

"From the looks of it, they found other more... interesting than me. Was able to escape that way. Ever since that, I have been wandering the town, doing what one can to survive. Was rather lucky too, until few days back. Met this dog, almost the size of a horse. I don't know, was he scared, hungry or just mean. Maybe a little bit of everything. In any case, the animal seemed to take me for a tasty piece of meat and before I knew it, a chunck of my arm was in his mouth."

Bitter smile crosses his face at that, as he looks over the freshly bandaged wound.

"Mix of fear and adrenaline spurred me to bludgeon the beast down with the wrench you see over here. Wasn't much left of his head after I was done."

Now there is not even a hint of smile left. Picking the wrench up, he puts it back in his place and continues the story.

"As luck would have it, there was a pharmacy near. Took a few bandages and some painkillers, bandaged what I could and set on the way. Ever since then, I'm my own doctor. Not very good one, mind you, but I made it this far."

At the question about the city and the news, he shakes his head again.

"Can't tell you much there. I've been hiding myself as well. Those creatures don't make much difference, white, black, young or old. I've seen enough death to last me for lifetime. From what I heard, the darkness has a limit, but we can't pass it. And as you can imagine, there's chaos going on out there. You'd probably do it well to stay in here for some time more."

With that, he tries to get up again, but decides against it. He lays down and breaths deeply for some time. Then he asks, out of nowhere:

"And whom I have pleasure talking to, if I may inquire?"

ThePhantom
2008-12-06, 07:42 PM
((Sorry about the slow reply, I went straight to bed after I wrote that...))

The boutique store? Well I'm at the- Andy looked up at the sign in the hotel lobby -Dolphin Hotel, can you guide me from there? I don't know much about this town I'm afraid.

"Sorry, I don't have a map of the city, and I don't use makeup. Tell you what. Just sit tight, and I'll come to you." Eric starts heading for the Dolphin Hotel, eyes open for anything that moved.

V.Z.
2008-12-07, 09:44 AM
A dark-haired girl clad entirely in black and dark grey steps out of the shop’s storage room, just putting a small carton in her jacket’s pocket. Upon noticing the group she lets out an annoyed sigh. “Great… More people…” She mumbles in a monotone voice, only just audible. Leaning in the doorpost she casually twirls around a large serrated-edged knife in her hand and tries to blow a hair lock, clumsily dyed purple, out of her pale face, only for it to fall back in place. All the while she simply stares at the others as if demanding some sort of explanation, a constant dull look in her sunken-in eyes.

DemonicAngel
2008-12-07, 03:11 PM
The young man awakes, his green-blue eyes glitter in the glow from the emergency lights... his brown hair is about shoulder length, and he looks around...it was his hotel's lobby, just in the outskirts of this town... called Haven... where all hell broke loose.
he was wounded, his arm bleeding from the many cuts from the glass fragments on the floor... around him were bodies, horrible to behold.. some have been gutted, others ripped apart.
The young man looked calm enough.. he reached into the pocket of his high-quality jacket... He was rich... you could almost smell the stench of money from his whole attires.
form the pocket he got out a piece of parchment, and what seemed to be a a crystal of sorts, the type you put on chandeliers.
on the parchment were a few written words, and what seemed to be a signature. he put it all back into his pocket, and came out into the pale moonlight, looking around, trying to see other people... or monsters.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-07, 04:22 PM
"Sorry, I don't have a map of the city, and I don't use makeup. Tell you what. Just sit tight, and I'll come to you." Eric starts heading for the Dolphin Hotel, eyes open for anything that moved.

*Click*

Well that was intresting, I wonder what he knows about all this.
Andy heard a creacking sounds upstairs.
...But the most important thing is that I get togheter with the other survivors, I don't know how much longer I can stay at this place.

D_Lord
2008-12-07, 07:08 PM
A small figure freezes at DemonicAngel (sorry don't know the name so going to call him your name) coming out of the hotel. A glint of metal can be seen on it's hands.

ThePhantom
2008-12-08, 01:40 AM
Eric is in sight of the hotel, hiding on the rooftops. Lot less monsters up here. Sure, going from rooftop to rooftop in near total darkness was dangerous, but in these times, just breathing is dangerous.

The Bushranger
2008-12-08, 05:53 AM
((*pokes the others in the group?*))

Eileen spins around to face the dark-haired girl who emerged from the back of the shop, her gun coming halfway up. "Identify yourself, who are you and what are you doing here?"

banjo1985
2008-12-08, 06:19 AM
Seb appraises the newcomer and smiles.

"Evening Violet."

He looks at the knife, the casual ease with which she manipulates it, and his smile grows wider.

"A rose with a thorn. Interesting."

He takes a cursory glance down at his bandaged arm, blood is dripping from the sodden material in a crimson shower. His smile falters. He doesn't want to delay searching for Sera and the others any longer, but soon even he will start feeling light headed from the blood loss. The eternal night has changed a lot, but the need for blood in his system was not one of them.

"Scrap Pegasus Manor for now, I need to go back to the Church. Holy Water will have at this."

His expression darkens as he looks down at his arm.

"Damn stray nearly took my arm off. I need to learn to blink quicker. Or carry some of that water around with me. Strange thing is, it loses it's potency after a few hours, so it's not much use out here."

He surveys the room with casual distaste.

"This party is getting too crowded for me. Like an all you can eat buffet for the things out here. I'm heading back to my church and wouldn't be too averse to some company. If not, then I hope you all get to see daylight again."

Seb starts down the street towards the west side of town, shaking drizzles of blood from his right arm as he does so. It sounds like he's whistling, something offtune that's somehow quite disturbing.

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-08, 08:52 AM
"The Church isn't going to be safe for long, and food will run out soon enough as well. Now I intend on finding what is causing this night and ending it. All sources indicate Pegasus Manor as a location of interest, and that's where I'm going."

Ian turns to his group. "I have never been one to force you all to do something you didn't want to do. I'm going to the manor, but if any of you want to go with Seb to the church, be my guest. I won't hold it against you."

Turning to Dr. Prasad. "If you are finished here, Doctor, I would like to get a move on to the manor!"

happyturtle
2008-12-08, 09:09 AM
"I am ready, Mr Duncan," Dr Prasad says, trying not to let her exasperation show. The survivors needed to work together, not split up. Predators may follow large groups of prey, but they didn't attack the main group. They targeted the stragglers. She suspected that the young man would never make it to the church.

She shouldered her bag and followed Ian out.

banjo1985
2008-12-08, 09:33 AM
Seb laughs a little as he walks away.

"Oh I'm going to the manor, I'm just going to fix this arm up first. Maybe try to distil a little holy water. If you're still alive when I get there I'll say hi. Or boo, depending on whether you're armed or not."

He walks down the street towards the empty warehouses that flanked this part of town. It was a shortcut to the church, he could bless the wound, be done screaming in agony and be back on the way to the manor in twenty minutes.

"Good deal."

DemonicAngel
2008-12-08, 11:38 AM
The Young man appears to be unshaken by the sight of the creature he just saw... he couldn't make any outlines because of the darkness, but it appeared to have claws...
"Who... who are you?"

Dirk Kris
2008-12-08, 11:47 AM
Dirk hangs around the nightclub for a while, admiring the cheesy decor and helping himself to a few mini bottles from behind the bar. He steps outside, remaining hidden in the shadow of the awning proclaiming the name of the place. He sees a faint flicker of light coming from his left and narrows his eyes. He can tell it's a fire, so there must be people there. Still, the house doesn't look secure, so he shifts his gaze elsewhere. He sucks in a sharp breath as he sees a moving mass down the street. He pulls his dark hood over his pale hair and holds his breath as he watches. From the way they were moving, it was a group of survivors. Smiling grimly, he moved to join them, hands tucked into his pockets, whistling quietly as he moved to meet them. As they were entering the drugstore, a few closest to him noticed his presence and stopped. Dirk greeted them all with a mirthless smile.
"Who's in charge here?"

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-08, 11:49 AM
Ian turns to Dirk. "That would be me." He offers a handshake. "Name's Ian, Ian Duncan. And you are?"

He introduces the others in his group, Dr. Prasad and his second, Eileen.

V.Z.
2008-12-08, 12:11 PM
(( Ack, need to keep up. ))

((*pokes the others in the group?*))

Eileen spins around to face the dark-haired girl who emerged from the back of the shop, her gun coming halfway up. "Identify yourself, who are you and what are you doing here?"

“Just getting some supplies. No need to get noisy.” Both the girl’s expression and tone remain unchanged. Twirling the knife around one more time she then puts it back on her belt, shortly revealing a second knife, about the same length but with a smoother looking blade. “ Name’s Viola, if you really need to know…”

Not moving from her spot she eyes the group for a moment, but then just stares ahead with an absent look, picking up some traces of the ensuing conversation, but not paying much attention, until the others start leaving the store. “Finally.” She seems to mumble to herself again, watching them go. “Thought they’d never leave…”
‘Shouldn’t you go with them, Miss?’ A familiar voice, hollow and without emotion, sounds in her mind.
“Right, with such a talkative crowd… Fun…” Viola replies dryly.
‘But they intend to go to…’
“Pegasus Manor. I know. You don’t have to spell everything out for me.”
‘I know that, Miss. But how…’
“I’ll just follow at some distance.” The girl rolls her eyes and sighs. “I don’t feel like, socializing too much... I thought you knew that by now…”
‘Of course. Forgive me, Miss.’

Standing motionless, Viola waits, her eyes on the clock on the wall. The digital numbers change, indicating the passing of about two minutes since the group left.
“Right, that should be plenty of time.” She quickly checks her pockets and weapons and then swings open the store’s door. Stepping into the darkness engulfing Haven she holds up one of her knives, the blue glow coming from the gem it holds serving as her light. As she looks around there is no one to be seen. “Oh come on… Two minutes too long?” With an annoyed grunt she decides to head in the direction of the church. That man in white seemed to know what he was doing. Maybe he knew the way to the manor.

Philistine
2008-12-08, 02:50 PM
Flip nods to the new arrival, saying, "Howdy, Dirk. Guess Ian didn't innerduce me 'cause I ain't signed on with his bunch official-like - not yet, anyhoo. Folks call me Flip."

He turns to Ian. "Well, I guess when it rains it pours, like they say. Neither hide nor hair of anyone at all for days on end; and now there's y'all, this Dirk character here, Viola back there, and that weird Seb fella too."

"Now, this idea y'all got to go 'round to Pegasus Manor - I don't know if it's a good idea or a bad 'un, but it's more than I got so far. 'Fore I head that way, though, I need to swing back by my place. I wasn't expectin' this to be a long trip," he smiles wryly. "I wanna grab me some flashlights with extra batteries; food an' water; a first-aid kit; an' a bootload more ammo. I'd also like y'all to come with, on accounta y'all seem like decent enough sorts; an' if this Pegasus Manor thing goes bad an' I don't get out, the fine bomb shelter my grandpappy built will just go to waste 'cause nobody knows about it."

Dirk Kris
2008-12-08, 03:17 PM
Dirk eyes the group and shrugs. They didn't seem like the exciting types, but it was better than no one. And talking to himself was definitely NOT going well - he'd nearly gotten into a fist fight with himself the other night. He eyed the women in the group again, then smiled at Ian.
"Well then - let's hope we aren't the last ones left. If we had to repopulate the earth..." He lowers his voice and leans close to Ian.
"...I think we know who'd they pick." He straightens and tucks his hands into his pockets again. "So, what's the plan, what're ya doin', and got any food? Because if you guys are going to the manor, I will definitely NOT be joining you."
He looks over and sees what's left of a jogger a few feet away. Acting like its no big deal, he walks over, plucks the iPod out of the dead man's jacket pocket, and sticks the ear buds in his ear.
"Sweet. Type O Negative." He starts playing air guitar while he waits for answers.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-08, 03:55 PM
Eric is in sight of the hotel, hiding on the rooftops. Lot less monsters up here. Sure, going from rooftop to rooftop in near total darkness was dangerous, but in these times, just breathing is dangerous.

More sounds upstairs, I better get out of here... wait did I just rime?

Andy slowly moved toward the entrance, he didn't know what was worse, staying here or taking his chances on the outside. Unable to take a decision he simply stood there at the entrance weighting the downsides and upsides of each option.

happyturtle
2008-12-08, 04:12 PM
Dirk eyes the group and shrugs. They didn't seem like the exciting types, but it was better than no one. And talking to himself was definitely NOT going well - he'd nearly gotten into a fist fight with himself the other night. He eyed the women in the group again, then smiled at Ian.
"Well then - let's hope we aren't the last ones left. If we had to repopulate the earth..." He lowers his voice and leans close to Ian.
"...I think we know who'd they pick." He straightens and tucks his hands into his pockets again. "So, what's the plan, what're ya doin', and got any food? Because if you guys are going to the manor, I will definitely NOT be joining you."
He looks over and sees what's left of a jogger a few feet away. Acting like its no big deal, he walks over, plucks the iPod out of the dead man's jacket pocket, and sticks the ear buds in his ear.
"Sweet. Type O Negative." He starts playing air guitar while he waits for answers.

Dr Prasad sighs. Repopulate the earth. The poor fool didn't understand. But then most of them didn't. Without the sun, they couldn't afford to repopulate the earth. Without the sun, this would be the last generation. The new society she intended to build would have to be strict about that. Mandatory use of contraception. And when that ran out, forced sterilization and forced termination. It was a grim future, but facing the end of all life would be far worse if everyone had children to protect. And it would come a lot sooner.

Please let the sun come back. Please let all this planning be for nothing.

ThePhantom
2008-12-08, 06:32 PM
"Hi there. So, you would be Andy Gates." Eric climbs down from the overhang of the hotel entance. "So, would you like to hear a tale of death and horror?"

D_Lord
2008-12-08, 06:40 PM
The small figure follows him around the corner. It walks into the light. It's wearing a hooded brown robe, it defently has metal claws.
Hello? Who are you? It sounds like a kid, but seems older for some reason.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-08, 06:49 PM
"Hi there. So, you would be Andy Gates." Eric climbs down from the overhang of the hotel entance. "So, would you like to hear a tale of death and horror?"

Gah!

Andy quickly points his gun in the direction of Eric until he realizes that he recognize that voice.

You really scared me there kid...
He lowers his gun again, dropping his shoulders into a more relaxed position You're the one I talked to huh? Well you might as well tell me what you know so i can make some kind of sense of this.

ThePhantom
2008-12-08, 06:56 PM
"First a question. Do you believe in ghosts?"

Shadowcaller
2008-12-08, 07:05 PM
"First a question. Do you believe in ghosts?"

"Ghosts?" Andy asked a bit confused.

"Well you could say I certainly believe in things that looks like ghosts depending on how believable you think I am I can say that its my job to fight ghost-like things."

He paused.

"But no, not ghosts as in the sentence "souls of the departed" if you're claiming that such beings have caused all this."

ThePhantom
2008-12-08, 07:11 PM
"Okay then, that's good enough. I was one of the soul unforturate to drawn into pegusas manor a few days before Nightfall. Inside the manor, a group of spirits called horror started picking the people inside off. The horrors didn't have everything their own way. The people inside the manor got rid one of the most powerful horrors, and shortly after, the master of the horror's himself was destroyed. However, we were unable to destroy the strongest surving horror, and in the end, the horrors destroyed everyone. That was the moment of Nightfall."

Shadowcaller
2008-12-08, 07:28 PM
"Okay then, that's good enough. I was one of the soul unforturate to drawn into pegusas manor a few days before Nightfall. Inside the manor, a group of spirits called horror started picking the people inside off. The horrors didn't have everything their own way. The people inside the manor got rid one of the most powerful horrors, and shortly after, the master of the horror's himself was destroyed. However, we were unable to destroy the strongest surving horror, and in the end, the horrors destroyed everyone. That was the moment of Nightfall."

"Horros?" For a moment Andy spaces out like he just remembered something.
He continues slowly like he is having a hard time believing what he just heard, "That's... quite a amazing" He Pauses again trying to find the words. "It-it must have been a terrible experience, my condolence for your loses."

ThePhantom
2008-12-08, 07:37 PM
"You have no idea. I was in the manor, and as I told you, everyone who wasn't a fear, died. Now, put my story with what I told you, and don't do anything rash."

Shadowcaller
2008-12-08, 07:48 PM
"You have no idea. I was in the manor, and as I told you, everyone who wasn't a fear, died. Now, put my story with what I told you, and don't do anything rash."

"The only survivor eh? Well don't worry about me I'm trained for situations like this... sort of at least."

"I have fought creatures that could take the guise as humans, like the creatures that attacked you we called them "horrors" but they were not ghost-like... not at all..."

Andy sigh loudly.

"But I'm talking far too much, since you seems to know more then me about this what do you suggest we do next?"

ThePhantom
2008-12-08, 07:50 PM
"Survivor? I didn't survive it, must I spell it out. I D-I-E-D. As for what we should do next, we should look for more people still alive in this town."

Shadowcaller
2008-12-08, 08:12 PM
"Survivor? I didn't survive it, must I spell it out. I D-I-E-D. As for what we should do next, we should look for more people still alive in this town."

((dead-time, must sleep:smalleek:))

DemonicAngel
2008-12-09, 12:34 AM
(OOC: blah.. it seems my post was deleted... I just bumped into one of the other survivors in Dirk and Ian group. and D Lord just followed me around the corner)

"Wha... What? bloody hell, your just a kid! you scared the living daylights out of me." *he then pauses to breath, and looks at the other human figures he just ran to... most of them looked like they would kill him any minute... he tried ti think if that was such a good idea.
"The name's Jake... John Soyer... I'm here because of a few... personnel matters. mind if I accompany you guys? I really don't think it's best that we wonder off on our own."

D_Lord
2008-12-09, 12:49 AM
Well, not just a kid. The hood is raised by clawed hands. The brown eyes underneath look much older.
Not really a kid, I'm the clone of Mr. Maven, the undertaker of this city. I only got out of the box, the he put me in for save keeping, a few hours ago. I guess he must have died a while ago for me to be out and about.
The metal claws on his hand keep on getting shorter and longer has he moves his hands about while talking to you.

banjo1985
2008-12-09, 04:43 AM
Seb smiled as he watched the group of survivors moving off towards the manor. They had a decent chance, no idea what they were letting themselves in for, but at least they were in a large group and heavily armed. Maybe a few of them would still live by the time he got to the manor.

“Still, I’m better off without them right now.”

Seb walked down the rubbish-strewn alleyway between the warehouses and closed his eyes as he reached the chain link fence, passing straight through it. At the end of the alley was the road passing by the locked church gates. They were harder to pass through, something to do with the holiness of the site or something. Seb waited for a moment outside the gates, gathering his mental strength.

“Time to get this thing purified. Better get your screaming face on.”

Blood was now drizzling from his arm in a crimson shower, rivulets of it running into the pooled and stagnant water around the blocked drains. Despite his heightened senses he had no idea anyone was following him.

((BIP still fresh in the mind huh? :smalltongue:))

Lex-Kat
2008-12-09, 04:55 AM
((Never trust a man in white named Seb. That's a lesson I learned. :smalltongue:))

V.Z.
2008-12-09, 08:21 AM
Seeing the church gates come in sight as she turns around the corner, Viola lets out a sigh of relief. Finally… Not used to running more than short distances anymore, and especially with the pouring rain having soaked her clothes, her trip from the store to the church left her more than a bit weary. Panting, she halts for a moment and holds the knife down, trying to catch her breath. From across the street Viola sees a person standing at the gate and noticing the white clothing and black hair it doesn’t take her long to recognize the man from the store. From what she can see from her position his arm is still in a sorry state and many others would have likely been felled by the blood loss by now. She knows she would. The girl starts crossing the street in a calm pace, still exhausted from her latest run. She holds up the knife slightly, revealing just enough of its gem’s glow to signal her approach but not draw any unwanted attention.

(( May take some time responding as I'll be away from my laptop at irregular intervals. Apologies in advance. ))

banjo1985
2008-12-09, 08:32 AM
((I wouldn't worry, my posting is rather haphazard at the moment as well :smallbiggrin:))

Seb catches the shine of the knife in the corner of his eye and makes a split second decision. He closes his eyes and walks straight through the locked gates, shivering as he does so, but managing to keep on his feet as a wave of nausea passes through him. When he turns around there is a smile on his face. He doesn't seem surprised to see the purple-haired newcomer.

"Ah, the thorny rose, it is a pleasure. Sorry for the parlour trick, but it's best to be cautious in these times, don't you think?"

He flaps his right arm casually, blood slakes off it like rain.

"So not everyone fancies their chances with the good Doctor and his associates? Not my scene I must admit."

The Bushranger
2008-12-09, 09:05 AM
((*sees result of poking*
:smalleek: ))

Eileen notices the looking-over she received from Dirk, and rolls her eyes with a sigh. Men. Face the end of the world and still all they can do is undress you mentally... She shakes her head and looks over to the doctor, noticing her worried look and frowning a little.

"As a matter of fact, we are, indeed, going to the manor. We're going to face down what's responsible for this and put a stop to it."

Or die trying, she doesn't add. Also not adding that she'd rather die than live in the world the Fears have wrought.

Dirk Kris
2008-12-09, 10:15 AM
Dirk smirks at Eileen's back.
"Well, that won't end well. Chick, haven't you EVER seen a scary movie?"
The song on the iPod changes.
"Ooooh, Bon Jovi, Blaze of Glory. How wildly appropriate."
He drops her a wink and heads into the store to start rummaging for supplies.

The Bushranger
2008-12-09, 10:21 AM
Rather abruptly, Dirk will find himself starting down the shaft of Eileen's staff.
"First, do not. Ever. Call me 'chick' or any variation therof. Secondly, I don't care about what happens in the movies. But if you have a better plan, spit it out now."

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-09, 10:22 AM
(Ninja'd! By my own teammate! :smalleek:)

Ian watches Dirk and Eileen. "Stand down Eileen!"

To Dirk, "Listen, buddy, you don't have a chance at survival if you don't have someone watching your back. You should come with us. At least you have some hope then..."

Ian starts heading toward the manor again. "Lets get this over with..."

The Bushranger
2008-12-09, 10:33 AM
(( :smalltongue: ))

Eileen pauses, then nods slightly in response to Ian and steps back, her staff seemingly vanishing into nothing as she does so.

Her look would still freeze Dirk to the spot if she had ice-vision, though.

Dirk Kris
2008-12-09, 11:14 AM
Dirk throws his hands up in surrender.
"Easy baby, easy. Just having some fun. Geez, why the tension? You know, if you have some...stress to work out, I'm always available."
Finding a few things and stuffing them into the pockets of his hoodie, Dirk grabs a protein bar off a nearby shelf and takes a big, crunching noisily with his mouth open.
"Look, man, I ain't go no plan. But sitting at home and waiting it out clearly isn't an option."
He shifts his eyes to Eileen and chuckles.
"Too many cans of pork and beans is not good for the intestines, or the air. And being closed in with it? Peee-whew!"
He waves his hand in front of his face for dramatic effect.
"Well, guess I'm hangin' with you guys then. At least until I find something better to do."

Coplantor
2008-12-09, 11:42 AM
So, driver, what's your name, and where are we heading? She gets a suspicious look on her face. You're... not going to hurt me, are you?

((Sorry, been very busy with studies latley))

Of course not, unless you turnes out to be a monster, hahaha. Well, my name is Dave, and yours?

V.Z.
2008-12-09, 12:03 PM
Seb catches the shine of the knife in the corner of his eye and makes a split second decision. He closes his eyes and walks straight through the locked gates, shivering as he does so, but managing to keep on his feet as a wave of nausea passes through him. When he turns around there is a smile on his face. He doesn't seem surprised to see the purple-haired newcomer.

"Ah, the thorny rose, it is a pleasure. Sorry for the parlour trick, but it's best to be cautious in these times, don't you think?"

He flaps his right arm casually, blood slakes off it like rain.

"So not everyone fancies their chances with the good Doctor and his associates? Not my scene I must admit."

For a moment Viola quietly eyes the gate, not too dissimilar from an audience member of a magic show trying to figure out the secret of a magician’s act, then looks up at the man and makes a slight nod. “Too crowded that lot... And too noisy… Quite annoying really...” She says in her usual dry monotone voice, deliberately leaving out her main reason for her presence here; having lost track of the group and not knowing the way to the manor. “Besides...” She continues. “You seem to know things…” Shoving a wet lock out of her eyes she slightly tilts her head to the side. “About that manor…”

The Bushranger
2008-12-09, 01:03 PM
I have better ways to work out stress that don't involve a man, Eileen says icily before turning away and rolling her eyes, heading over in the direction of the doc.

happyturtle
2008-12-09, 01:17 PM
"Try not to let it get to you," Dr Prasad says to Eileen. "Remember in life threatening situations, primate instincts take over. We can expect to see more phallic displays and crude attempts at mating rituals from people like that."

She doesn't make any particular effort to lower her voice, so it's possible that this could be overheard by Dirk.

The Bushranger
2008-12-09, 01:24 PM
And I guess it wouldn't be proper for me to respond by kicking them in certain places that would semi-permamently discourage such actions? Eileen shakes her head, then smiles a little. Thanks, Doc. You doing alright?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-09, 01:53 PM
Of course not, unless you turnes out to be a monster, hahaha. Well, my name is Dave, and yours?

Um, Alyssa. Okay, so... um, where are we headed then? She takes a bite of the moldy sandwich.

Coplantor
2008-12-09, 01:59 PM
Nowhere actually, I asked you if wanted to go somewhere in particular a few minutes ago.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-09, 02:05 PM
Oh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention. The hunger was so strong.

She swallows the her bite. She makes a horrid face. Blech, I won't be able to survive on this. She thinks.

How about you're place? Anywhere but Pegasus Manor.

(Sorry, gotta go. See ya in the game. :smallsmile:)

Coplantor
2008-12-09, 02:24 PM
If I had a place at all! I've been sleeping in this cab since it all started!... Uhm, Why not Pegasus Manor?

((deady dead time!))

DemonicAngel
2008-12-09, 02:33 PM
"Well... thats... odd, but I cant tell left from right in this place....how about you show me the way to Pegasus manor?" Jake smiles, passing his hand over and through his hair... his eyes seem to light up as he mentions the manor.

Dirk Kris
2008-12-09, 03:05 PM
Dirk smirks at the women and mouths something somewhat obscene, starting with an "L".
"Hey, let's blow this taco stand."
He snickers at his own joke.

((@v: Yeah, I just didn't want to outright offend anyone. 'Tis why I said "somewhat obscene".))

Lex-Kat
2008-12-09, 03:29 PM
If I had a place at all! I've been sleeping in this cab since it all started!... Uhm, Why not Pegasus Manor?

((deady dead time!))

That's the heart of this whole problem. We should stay as far aqway from there as possible. She says meakly. There is fear in her voice.

((@Dirk: I can't think of any obscene words that begin with L. Do you mean Lesbian?))

Coplantor
2008-12-09, 06:45 PM
So it all started there... And how did it all started? I mean, one day, I was happilly driving my cab and the next day I had to hide from almost everything! I think that I'm still alive just because I've been lucky, I havent seen one of those things since, well, I think I havent actually seen one, you know.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-09, 07:28 PM
I... I've seen too many. It was horrible. The way they tear apart their victims. And then... And then... She turns away, to hide her face in her hands and begins crying.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-12-10, 12:58 AM
"And whom I have pleasure talking to, if I may inquire?"

"I am Elise. The rude and greedy fellow currently licking the dregs from your cup is Maxwell. I suppose he is not too happy about sharing his food, but it is all we have left, so he shall just have to get used to it. It is his own fault, in any case, since you have him to thank for still being here. He seems to have taken a liking to you and as he is usually a good judge of character, here you are."

banjo1985
2008-12-10, 04:24 AM
For a moment Viola quietly eyes the gate, not too dissimilar from an audience member of a magic show trying to figure out the secret of a magician’s act, then looks up at the man and makes a slight nod. “Too crowded that lot... And too noisy… Quite annoying really...” She says in her usual dry monotone voice, deliberately leaving out her main reason for her presence here; having lost track of the group and not knowing the way to the manor. “Besides...” She continues. “You seem to know things…” Shoving a wet lock out of her eyes she slightly tilts her head to the side. “About that manor…”

Seb grins and unlocks the heavy chain keeping the gates closed.

"Sure I know things, I've changed since the darkness came. I know more than I ever wanted to know. If you don't mind I need to get this wound sorted out though. I'll tell you about the manor between the screams."

He doesn't smile about this, seems completely serious for the first time since he left the church. He spins on his heel and strolls towards the manor, trailing blood that is starting to tinge an ugly diseased green.

"That manor is the cause of all this. That and the spirits within it. It's changed everything, the town, the animals....even me."

Seb turns back towards Viola and searches her face with eyes hidden completely behind his dark shades.

"Tell me...has the dark changed you Viola?"

The Bushranger
2008-12-10, 09:30 AM
Eileen, reading Dirk's lips, smirks and mouths back something rather more obscene, something along the lines of/starting with "dream on"...
:smalltongue:

Philistine
2008-12-10, 06:44 PM
Flip watches the byplay between Dirk and Eileen with a strange mixture of amusement and disgust. "If them two was back in grade school," he looks at Ian, "I'd guess they had little kiddie-crushes on each other. Right here an' now, though, I'm tempted to just shoot 'em both to shut 'em up," he smiles thinly and quirks an eyebrow upward. "'Course, I reckon my lack of patience is prob'ly just on accounta me bein' on my own since this thing started."

He straightens up, squaring his shoulders. "Tell you what. If you still wanna go straight to Pegasus Manor, I'll meet y'all there after I fetch along some more supplies from home. Y'all take care now, y'hear?" He nods to each of them in turn, then turns and starts off down the dark street, back the way he came.

V.Z.
2008-12-10, 07:25 PM
Seb grins and unlocks the heavy chain keeping the gates closed.

"Sure I know things, I've changed since the darkness came. I know more than I ever wanted to know. If you don't mind I need to get this wound sorted out though. I'll tell you about the manor between the screams."

He doesn't smile about this, seems completely serious for the first time since he left the church. He spins on his heel and strolls towards the manor, trailing blood that is starting to tinge an ugly diseased green.

Viola just nods, stepping through the opened gate. Without a word she follows the man and eyes the now strangely coloured blood coming from his wound. Things could take longer than expected if the look of that wound was anything to go by. Not that it’d matter that much. It’s not like she’s in a hurry, and if that wound would get the better of him, she’d be even further away.

"That manor is the cause of all this. That and the spirits within it. It's changed everything, the town, the animals....even me."

Seb turns back towards Viola and searches her face with eyes hidden completely behind his dark shades.

"Tell me...has the dark changed you Viola?"

His words take her somewhat by surprise.“Changed me?” She looks at the ground, thinking the question through. She didn’t expect there’d be more to the manor than those things roaming the town. And she’d be excited about it, thinking it would have been just an interesting mystery addition to fighting off those weird, whatever they were, if not for the man’s sudden serious tone. Feeling a for her rare sense of uncertainty welling up inside, she vainly tries to blow the single purple lock out of her face again to interrupt her own thoughts. “I dunno… I don’t feel any different... I, think…” She finally continues and turns her deceivingly absent-looking gaze back at the man. “Should I, Mr…?”

Coplantor
2008-12-10, 09:56 PM
I... I've seen too many. It was horrible. The way they tear apart their victims. And then... And then... She turns away, to hide her face in her hands and begins crying.

Sorry, didnt mean to make you cry... Takes a left turn and then a right turn

Cristo Meyers
2008-12-11, 08:26 AM
The game thread in Structured is currently awaiting approval. I'll keep this going as long as there's still interest.

Fitz
2008-12-11, 08:45 AM
O'neil picked the lock on the main library, not expectly but competantly enough, thinking there must be some plans of the city or something that can be used in here, or maybe some clue as to what is going on...old habits of a beat cop rising to the surface.

Dirk Kris
2008-12-11, 12:49 PM
Dirk heads to the back of the store and starts digging in the storage area. He finds a heavy crowbar and hefts its weight experimentally. Nodding, he finds a mini bungie cord and uses it to form a support for the bar so it straps to his back. He then proceeds to calmly tear a t-shirt into little strips. Seeing some of the others watching him, he turns up his iPod and grins.
"Wicks. For my mini-Molotovs."
He jiggles the pockets of his hoodie so they can hear the little bottles clacking around inside.
"Brass monkey, that funky monkey, brass monkey chunky, that funky monkey."
His singing is mercifully quiet, as he is terribly off-key.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-11, 01:37 PM
Sorry, didnt mean to make you cry... Takes a left turn and then a right turn

In the distance, they see pegasus manor. Why are you taking me back there?

Coplantor
2008-12-11, 05:07 PM
I... I... I'm sorry, I was just driving randomly and... the car starts to fail Oh god, I forgot to fill the tank!

Cristo Meyers
2008-12-11, 05:32 PM
Game Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99210) is up, kiddies

Feel free to continue to use this thread as an RP thread during and after the game.