PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] -Ranger Build-The King's Son...not a king to be himself :P

Zephyros
2008-12-03, 08:25 AM
Campaign is starting. Atypical medieval D&D setting, standard differentiating nonsense (only 100 elves remaining all of them druids, isolationist dwarven nation on northern mountains, many human federations empires, emirates, protectorates, male witches pass a transition at 5th level and become magisters or die, while female witches remain that way making CON checks to cast and dieing eventually yadah yadah yadah)

I ll be playing a 15 level character which will deviate between 2 parties. One 15th lvl and one 10th. He is the NG 3rd son of the king of the human LE emirate (yeah quite f'd up). The DM asked me to make him a wilderness man preferably a ranger. Till now (2 introductory sessions) I can tell the party will be a powerfull one. Due to that rping restriction I can't be a druid so I must draw power from a mainly ranger build.

So I was thinkin: 1 ranger/3 scout/1 ranger/1 beastmaster/9 ranger (with Natural Bond, Swift Hunter and Able learner ofc)

Anything useful or must feat to take from that point?
Is Impure Prince (from MoE) worth it? (will screw-up Swift hunter beyond fixing?)
What kind of feline AC do u suggest?

Splitting is Out, and unfortunately ToB classes too.

Thx a lot :smallcool:

:smallredface::smallredface:

Zephyros
2008-12-03, 10:42 PM
Bump:smallfrown: no luck?

I rolled my stats. 5d6 b3 got something like 18 18 17 17 13 16!!!

ps: all books allowed (but for ToB classes)

FoE
2008-12-03, 11:15 PM
The title ... it is confusing ...

Also, there was a lag with the forums today. Some Playgrounders may be still staying away.

Why don't you just re-title the thread "Need help building a ranger."

koldstare
2008-12-03, 11:49 PM
The title ... it is confusing ...

Also, there was a lag with the forums today. Some Playgrounders may be still staying away.

Why don't you just re-title the thread "Need help building a ranger."

I'll second that, I only clicked on your thread after exhausting other interesting sounding threads.
As for how I would build a character of your type I might go Catfolk. Use some sort of reincarnate backstory... worked for me in the past + move, + dex, is great. I might even start with a level of barbarian. As for the animal companion, lion. I like lions.

Draz74
2008-12-04, 12:32 AM
I assume you know all about the standard Scout 3/Ranger 17 Swift Hunter? (Or Scout 4/Ranger 16)

Zephyros
2008-12-04, 01:24 AM
@Draz74:
nah... I just took it for the hell of it :smallbiggrin:

Well I made some specific questions.. I m almost sure I ll go archery. Since the campaign will have lots of abberation fighting I kinda liked impure prince from MoE. Any other suggestions?