PDA

View Full Version : Christmas and New Years Month

charl
2008-12-03, 09:41 AM
So this week's baby week, but what happens on Monday when it's up? We will all have to go back to our normal, boring avatars.

We can't have that now can we? So I propose a Christmas and New Years month that lasts throughout December.

Now start making Christmas and/or New Years-themed avatars. And if you don't liks Christmas, then make a Hanukkah or Kwanza or Wookie Life Day theme or whatever.

EDIT: Yes. This is only about avatars done in holiday style to match the secular commercialized aspect of winter festivities. I don't want to see any religious icons. That is not what it's about. Unless you worship Santa Claus, but then you can't tell us.

Seriously, NO RELIGIOUS STUFF.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-03, 11:09 AM
Just make sure this thread is only about avatars, or Roland will lock it faster than you can say This thread has gotten entirely too religious. :wink:

Neko Toast
2008-12-03, 11:10 AM
I think Roland will only lock it if it turns into a religious discussion. So if we avoid that, we're golden.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-03, 11:12 AM
Or if he thinks it's going to turn into a religious discussion.

charl
2008-12-03, 11:17 AM
Yes. This is only about avatars done in holiday style to match the secular commercialized aspect of christmas or whatever other winter festivities. I don't want to see any religious icons. That is not what it's about. Unless you worship Santa Claus.

Neko Toast
2008-12-03, 01:38 PM
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/Pathae/X-masShox.jpg
Behold! Christmas hedgehog!

rayne_dragon
2008-12-04, 09:01 PM
Behold! Christmas hedgehog!

Eeee! It's so cute!

I should get a picture of me dressed as redcloak, he's red and green so it should fit the x-mas theme. :smalltongue:

Ash08
2008-12-04, 10:19 PM
holiday as in... what? can I turn insane reindeer? I'd like that....:smalltongue:

Roland St. Jude
2008-12-04, 10:21 PM
Yes. This is only about avatars done in holiday style to match the secular commercialized aspect of christmas or whatever other winter festivities. I don't want to see any religious icons...

You might want to make that (much) clearer in your original post.

charl
2008-12-05, 05:18 AM
You might want to make that (much) clearer in your original post.

Yes sure I will.

To be fair I barely realized Christmas had a religious significance at all until it was pointed out. It's just another time off from work or education when you drink, practice weird traditions and fuel the mighty consumer economy machine.

But no matter, I'll add some disclaimers and stuff to the first post.