PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Foresight + Danger Sense?

mikeejimbo
2008-12-04, 11:44 PM
The Divine Oracle 11th level feature Foresight works a lot like Danger Sense. What happens if you have both? Do you get four initiative rolls every time you roll initiative, and get the best? Do you get three rolls? Are you just not allowed to do it?

OneFamiliarFace
2008-12-04, 11:51 PM
I've been thinking about this, because there are a few instances in 4e in which he can be possible to reroll a reroll. From what I can see, there is no particular ruling on this.

I would say that you roll and given check once and an additional rolls or re-rolls are based on that. Thus, if something says, "You roll 2 dice and select one," and you have 2 of those abilities, then you roll 3 dice and select one. Likewise, you can re-roll a re-roll, because any given re-roll usually expends an important resource you might have.

I guess if it seems too broken to almost always go first in combat (which I could only see that being true for the rogue, who would have to do some MAD multiclassing to make the divine oracle powers work), then they could just not overlap. But if a cleric were to have this ability, then his dex probably isn't the highest, and if a high initiative enemy rolled high, then it would still beat out the cleric no matter how many initiative dice he rolled.

KKL
2008-12-05, 12:27 AM
I'd err on the side of four initiative dice being rolled.

Starsinger
2008-12-05, 02:01 AM
I'm going to say they don't stack. They don't say "You roll twice as many dice for initiative." nor do they say "Roll an additional die for initiative" Both the feat and the ability say "Roll twice." And 2 = 2 /=4. Simply twice is just twice.

KKL
2008-12-05, 02:16 AM
Haha disregard that, CustServ (lol CS) said they don't stack. This was back in June.

And apparently even if they did stack you'd roll three dice.

mikeejimbo
2008-12-06, 12:33 AM
OK, that really just confirms that I made the right choice by going Radiant Servant.

Or I could have gone Divine Oracle and not taken Danger Sense. But I decided this way.

Thanks for everyone's help and input!