PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Pete is LG...

multilis
2008-12-05, 01:01 AM
since he's not strong enough to stop evil thieves, priests of evil gods, etc, he gets them to fight each other to stop them. He would make a good *sneaky* paladin, his weakness was lacking the 'eyes' of 'detect evil' to make sure.

TheSummoner
2008-12-05, 01:11 AM
And Belkar is Neutral Good too.

Greep
2008-12-05, 01:20 AM
and is a sexy, shoeless.. oh wait nevermind.

Ron Miel
2008-12-05, 01:20 AM
I'd put his current alignment as "Neutral Dead."

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-05, 01:21 AM
since he's not strong enough to stop evil thieves, priests of evil gods, etc, he gets them to fight each other to stop them. He would make a good *sneaky* paladin, his weakness was lacking the 'eyes' of 'detect evil' to make sure.
Right, "Good" as in "He sold out an old friend for personal gain."

"Lawful," as in, "I promised to protect this old friend and sold her out anyway."

Avilan the Grey
2008-12-05, 01:58 AM
I'd put his current alignment as "Neutral Dead."

And I am happy the DM allowed him to play the alignment he so deserved.

Occasional Sage
2008-12-05, 02:45 AM
"I reported the wrongdoing to the authorities, so clearly I am Lawful. I made sure that the adventurers were able to make contact with their estranged team-mates and so save the world, so clearly I am Good."

Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Lord_Butters_I
2008-12-05, 03:41 AM
Sold out a lifelong friend whose only crime was helping him

LG that is not.

Ceaon
2008-12-05, 03:45 AM
...good *sneaky* paladin...

Though it can be done, a sneaky paladin is most probably not a paladin at all. Paladins don't have to be Lawful Stupid, but Lawful Sneaky?

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-05, 03:48 AM
Sneaky Pete? I thought this strip only had Old Blind Pete and Brainy Pete. I must have missed the Kingdom of Loathing crossover special.

King of Nowhere
2008-12-05, 07:52 AM
And Roy is CE: he sneakily get the job of killing Xykon, thus preventing stronger adventurers (those with actual chance of success) from getting it, he founded ways to dealy his coming at Girard's gate, arriving at the point in plotting with Nale the kidnapping of his sister, so he had a perfect excuse to not be there when Xykon took the gate.
But that was a misunderstanding with Xykon, and when Roy found Xykon attacking Azure city, he planned to entrap Sojo and manipulate Miko into killing him, then he made sure the new leader has the opposision of most nobles, and in the end he sacrificed himself in the battle to give Xykon XP and remove another obstacle on his path to the gate.
So Roy is in league with Xykon and Nale and is manipulating everyone.

theinsulabot
2008-12-05, 08:45 AM
dont you mean....brainy pete?

Assassin89
2008-12-05, 08:52 AM
And Roy is CE: he sneakily get the job of killing Xykon, thus preventing stronger adventurers (those with actual chance of success) from getting it, he founded ways to dealy his coming at Girard's gate, arriving at the point in plotting with Nale the kidnapping of his sister, so he had a perfect excuse to not be there when Xykon took the gate.
But that was a misunderstanding with Xykon, and when Roy found Xykon attacking Azure city, he planned to entrap Shojo and manipulate Miko into killing him, then he made sure the new leader has the opposition of most nobles, and in the end he sacrificed himself in the battle to give Xykon XP and remove another obstacle on his path to the gate.
So Roy is in league with Xykon and Nale and is manipulating everyone.

If that was true, then why is Roy in Celestia, which is for LG characters? Blame Eugene's blood debt for some of Roy's actions.

Querzis
2008-12-05, 09:02 AM
My sarcasm detector just blew up because of this thread...

TengYt
2008-12-05, 11:55 AM
If that was true, then why is Roy in Celestia, which is for LG characters? Blame Eugene's blood debt for some of Roy's actions.

...Um, yeah.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Assassin89
2008-12-05, 11:58 AM
Screw sarcasm. I just enjoy analyzing information and then deconstruct arguments. I can understand sarcasm, but I choose to ignore it in favor of more information.

BisectedBrioche
2008-12-05, 12:00 PM
Right, "Good" as in "He sold out an old friend for personal gain."

"Lawful," as in, "I promised to protect this old friend and sold her out anyway."

Not to mention Lawful Good as in "I convinced a childhood friend to help me for the purpose of selling him out for personal gain".

Optimystik
2008-12-05, 12:39 PM
Screw sarcasm. I just enjoy analyzing information and then deconstruct arguments. I can understand sarcasm, but I choose to ignore it in favor of more information.

Translation: Humor is secondary to proving people wrong, even when they weren't being even remotely serious.

Traker
2008-12-05, 12:48 PM
My sarcasm detector just blew up because of this thread...

I think... yep mine did to.

Texas Jedi
2008-12-05, 12:58 PM
I guess today is opposite day.

You can expect to see Xykon pet some bunnies and turn zombies into human.

Red Cloak will befriend a paladin.

Roy will get along with his dad.

Haley will dump Elan for Nale.

O'Chul will get monkey stomped by the acid-breathing sharks.

Belkar will finally understand how painful knife wounds are and stop doing it to other beings.

V will give up magic and throw rocks at his enemies.

Durkon will finally drink human ale and he will enjoy it. He also will have a huge party under the biggest tree he can find.

Tsukiko will start to have *ahem* (censored) with the living.

The potion store owners will start selling things for profit.

Thog will get the nobel prize in Chemisty.

TengYt
2008-12-05, 12:59 PM

So you're the type of guy people have to explain jokes to?

multilis
2008-12-05, 01:38 PM
The "friend" Pete "betrayed" served an *evil* god... The sort *Linear Guild* would want!

Pete did what he had to. We don't know how long Pete tried to convince him to switch to a good side first.

Belkar couldn't corrupt Pete (unlike Miko), so he instead used him as a Darth Vader trainer. "Give in to your Hate"

Pete will always be remembered as a Martyr for the side of good who helped clean up the evil ones by getting them to fight each other. Rest in Peace, Saint Pete.

(PS: Please don't disagree with me or others will think you are a racist/bigot who hates blind/disabled black men, and we wouldnt want that, would we?)

B.I.T.T.
2008-12-05, 02:34 PM
The "friend" Pete "betrayed" served an *evil* god... The sort *Linear Guild* would want!

Pete did what he had to. We don't know how long Pete tried to convince him to switch to a good side first.

Belkar couldn't corrupt Pete (unlike Miko), so he instead used him as a Darth Vader trainer. "Give in to your Hate"

Pete will always be remembered as a Martyr for the side of good who helped clean up the evil ones by getting them to fight each other. Rest in Peace, Saint Pete.

(PS: Please don't disagree with me or others will think you are a racist/bigot who hates blind/disabled black men, and we wouldnt want that, would we?)

Well....no. Still not buying it.

Old (formerly) Blind Pete sold out Haley, Belkar, Celia plus the cleric of Loki:

Haley, isn't evil at all, and since she grew up in that area, Pete should know that.

Celia he didn't know from beans so putting her in danger wasn't exactly what I personally would call "Lawful Good".

Belkar is evil, currently, but he was also incapasitated and delierious, so Pete wouldn't have any way of knowing he was evil.

The Cleric of Loki may have served a (seemingly) evil god, but he displayed no signs of actual evil. Self-centered-ness certainly but not really evil.

Plus, Pete sold them out for personal gain (his eyes back). That strikes me as fairly neutral, and given that he turned his back on a friend (Haley and Loki) makes me believe that he's either evil or chaotic (certainly not lawful since he's breaking promises). So CN, N, NE is the realm I'd give Pete.

P.S.: I get the feeling that you posted this thread specifically so people would disagree with you.

hamishspence
2008-12-05, 02:38 PM
getting eyes back might be personal gain, but its a more sympathetic reason than just "Money"

B.I.T.T.
2008-12-05, 02:41 PM
getting eyes back might be personal gain, but its a more sympathetic reason than just "Money"

More sympathetic, but still not "Lawful Good", in my opinion.

hamishspence
2008-12-05, 02:55 PM
betrayal is by most D&D sources considered evil. howver, the number of times a classically Good character infiltrates an enemy organization, makes sort of friends, then betrays them all, in fiction, isn't low.

I personally doubt that Pete is anything but evil (or Neutral with fairly strong evil tendencies, like Bandit Queen Samantha's dad, as described in Paladin Blues). But, things similar, but not quite as severe, are done, by slightly morally grey Heroes.

Zevox
2008-12-05, 02:57 PM
Not to mention we know that he used to sell Guild secrets to Bozzok's rivals when he was a member of the Guild. It'd take ridiculous stretches of the imagination and unfounded assumptions to spin that into lawful good territory, especially given what we know about Greysky City at large.

But then again, it seems that the topic creator has no problem making unfounded assumptions so long as they get people to argue with him, so I'm sure he will.

Zevox

Assassin89
2008-12-05, 03:47 PM
So you're the type of guy people have to explain jokes to?

Short answer: No
Long answer No, because I enjoy deconstructing jokes.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-05, 04:12 PM

So you like to strangle all the fun out of jokes? You are the Assassin what kills the fun-times?

RPGuru1331
2008-12-05, 04:20 PM

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Scarlet Knight
2008-12-05, 04:26 PM
:smallsigh: Ladies & Gentlemen of the Thread, Pete is Lawful Good.

Lawful because he follows the law of Greysky City ; primarily: Every Man for himself.

Good because he turned in the criminals that broke the law; Haley & Celia ; who are acting as thieves in a city where thieves are very heavily regulated.
And let us not even discuss "Death's Little Helper".

Who did he turn them into? Well, the only acting regulating agency: the Thieves Guild.

True, he asked for compensation, in true Greysky tradition. But he only asked for what was rightfully his to be restored.

Would that more of our citizens act thus; maybe Greysky would have much less hairbraiding?

If Brainy Pete was not hit, you would acquite!