PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sinterklaas!

Redpieper
2008-12-05, 12:38 PM
Alright for those who don't know what Sinterklaas is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Happy Sinterklaas everyone, what'd you get from the beardy old man? (I still have nothing, we do it on sunday)

Have fun with the poems, suprises and good luck with the dentist tomorrow!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-05, 12:53 PM
Have fun with it everybody.

I don´t celebrate it this year...But I still get chocolate:smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-05, 01:02 PM
Oh my goodness, that means it's my father's birthday tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder! :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2008-12-05, 01:26 PM
Hooray, Sinterklaas!

We don't really celebrate it this year, though. Not with presents, anyway. We have some candy, we play some games, and that's about it.

faerwain
2008-12-05, 02:06 PM
Fröhlichen Nikolaustag!!

Well, as there is nobody around to fill my boot, my celebration will be mainly to work from 6 am to (officially) 12:15, more probably 3:45 pm :smallfrown:

I plan to go to the Medieval Christmas Market later the day, though. :smallsmile:

Have fun altogether!

V.Z.
2008-12-05, 06:08 PM
Happy Sinterklaas!

Things just ended here. Gourmet, presents, lots of chocolate, and the game of Cluedo (that's the Dutch name for Clue) we play every year on this day and which got a winner for the first time in quite some years. I got quite a load of presents, which is always nice: a chocolate letter, the Karate Kid trilogy (sweet nostalgia!), several coffee cups, a bag of coffee beans (I love coffee :smallbiggrin:), for my sloppiness a package consisting of folders, page markers, sheets, a stapler and that thing you use to make holes in paper but of which I don't know what it's called in English (perforator in Dutch), and a bycycle lock. Yep, I can survive for some time. :smallbiggrin: I also got a poem from my mom, and as a surprise (how do you translate that in English anyway?) for my sister I made a baby Sinterklaas (named Klaasje) out of the wrapping of one of her presents. My sister made a surprise for my dad, which after popping several balloons and opening the box turned out to contain... a box with nothing. :smallbiggrin: I won't go into all the details, but, ah, quite a fun evening with the family it was. *nodnod* Good journey home to the world's oldest still living bishop and all the Piets! :smallbiggrin: Until next year!

Supagoof
2008-12-06, 02:22 AM
Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I wish you a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, color of motor vehicle chosen, or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that :

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.
This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wisher are acknowledged.
This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes.
This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.
This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

The wisher warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Savior", "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer", "Santa Claus", "Tooth Fairy", "Scuzzlebutt", "Rincewind", "Loki", "Rich B. aka The Giant" or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-06, 02:39 AM
Heh, awesome as usual 'Goof.

Wait.....

I have a classmate who's nickname is 'Goof....

You're not called Joran, are you?

It's all a conspiraccccyyyyyy....

:smalltongue:

Supagoof
2008-12-06, 02:42 AM
Heh, awesome as usual 'Goof.

Wait.....

I have a classmate who's nickname is 'Goof....

You're not called Joran, are you?

It's all a conspiraccccyyyyyy....

:smalltongue:
Nope. Go Fish. :smallamused:

He may be called a Goof, but there's only 1 Supagoof. :smallbiggrin: