PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Primordial Role

Gralamin
2008-12-05, 05:58 PM
I don't think I've seen any topics about this, but while randomly looking through Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, I noticed that Blazing Rorn The Fury is a level 33 Solo Primordial. Intrigued, I tried to figure out what this Role would look like.

Initiative Bonus
Since his Initiative is equal to his dexterity modifier, its pretty safe to say he doesn't have a bonus here.

HP
Due to Rorn being a solo, I could not figure out the roles HP.

AC and Other Defenses
Keeping in mind that three of the defenses have been increased by 2, and differing ability scores alter Non-AC defenses.

Stats before Solo
AC 17+Level
Fortitude 15+Level
Reflex 14+level
Will 15+level

Well other defenses should all be the same value, so assume that all three +2s were applied to them.

AC 17+Level
Fortitude 13+Level
Reflex 12+level
Will 13+level

Then assume that the stats have been tweaked a bit, or I over looked something.

AC 16+Level
Fortitude 12+Level
Reflex 12+level
Will 12+level

Hey thats the same as soldiers, and seems to be roughly equivalent.

Attack vs Defenses
Pretty clearly, these follow the attack patterns of Skirmishers and Lurkers.

Best Guess
Thus, my best guess is:
{table=head]|Primordial
Initiative Bonus|-
Hit Points|?
AC|Level+16
Other Defenses|Level+12
Attack vs AC|Level+5
Attack vs Other Defenses|Level+3[/table]

I hope to try and refine this when we see another Primordial (Perhaps in Manual of the Planes?).

What do you think of this guess for the role?

hamishspence
2008-12-05, 05:59 PM
Primordials (not demon princes) seem to get the same thing Deities do- immunity to non-epic attacks)

Gralamin
2008-12-05, 06:13 PM
Primordials (not demon princes) seem to get the same thing Deities do- immunity to non-epic attacks)

I don't see anywhere thats said, but I might be missing it. Makes sense though, as they are basically the "other" gods.

hamishspence
2008-12-05, 06:19 PM
it's in his statblock- Immune to attacks by creatures below level 20, next to his Defences.

he doesn't benefit from other deity type powers- like always getting saves- even when save against a condition normally wouldn't be allowed, and other this.

I think its just a new thing for certain monsters. I don't think the Grazzt preview had him have that immunity though.

Gralamin
2008-12-05, 06:27 PM
it's in his statblock- Immune to attacks by creatures below level 20, next to his Defences.

he doesn't benefit from other deity type powers- like always getting saves- even when save against a condition normally wouldn't be allowed, and other this.

I think its just a new thing for certain monsters. I don't think the Grazzt preview had him have that immunity though.

I managed to completely miss that. But I think its the sort of Primordial and Deity thing. Notably though, Deity's have roles (Tiamat is a brute), so there might be some more to the Primordial role we are unaware of.

Mando Knight
2008-12-05, 07:14 PM
He appears to be similar to a Brute, given his high Fortitude defense...

skywalker
2008-12-06, 01:30 AM
I think primordials(also like deities) will not have a defined set of bonuses/features for being primordials. I think each will be unique enough as himself.

Grey Watcher
2008-12-06, 02:06 AM
He appears to be similar to a Brute, given his high Fortitude defense...

The online Compedium lists him as a Level 33 Solo Brute.

I think that each Primordial and Deity that they stat out is going to have a unique array of powers and whatnot. Since these things are supposed to be the very raw power and ultimate architects of creation, respectively, I think trying to shoehorn them all into a given mold wouldn't make for very exciting design.

Yakk
2008-12-06, 11:02 AM
I think they just missed including his base role.

:)