PDA

View Full Version : Need three names

Shpadoinkle
2008-12-05, 07:30 PM
I'm playing a centaur Giant Killer (ranger kit) in a 2e game. He dual-weilds a pair of flaming poison-enchanted longswords (+2d4 fire damage and +1d12 poison damage per hit, with another d12 from poison on a failed save vs. poison), and one of his henchman, a wizard, occasionally uses Improved Phantasmal Force to make him look bigger, with blood-red skin and coat, and a dragonskull head with blue flame eyes. His name is Stennal, but I'd like a second name for when he's in "demon form," and names for his swords, so I'm asking for suggestions.

The 'demon' name I've come up with so far is Losteras (pronounced los-TARE-as), but I'm not married to it just yet. I haven't come up with anything for his swords, though.

Tacoma
2008-12-05, 07:38 PM
Haloed Pinks
Asphodel Ink
Sake Dolphin
Khan Spoiled
Ankh Dipoles
Spinal Hodek
Polka Shined
Ad Liken Posh
Head Sink Lop
Lashed No Kip
Phased Linko
Naked Ho Lips
Spanked Hi Lo
Lead Shop Kin
Shake Old Pin

I hope you see what I did there.

Crow
2008-12-05, 07:44 PM
For the swords: Adder and Mamba?

R4ph
2008-12-05, 07:46 PM
For the swords, "Tact and Diplomacy" or "Brute Force and Ignorance" can work. Depending on your standard method of approach =)

Collin152
2008-12-05, 07:56 PM
I like "Peace and Negotiations" myself.
If it were one weapon, I'd call it "Peaceful Negotiation"

"Don't worry, we're rational people. We can settle this with Peaceful Negotiation."

An Enemy Spy
2008-12-05, 07:57 PM
Name one Tact and the other Tranquility. If that doesn't have demonic sword written all over it, I don't what does. Btw I'm serious about the names

Another_Poet
2008-12-05, 08:00 PM
Demon centaur:
Bane or
Yamantaka (http://www.nongnit.net/khonmask/tmynn001.JPG) (demon sent to destroy the rampaging death god in Hindu mythology)

Swords:
The Red Comet and the Gold Comet

Prometheus
2008-12-05, 08:25 PM
Eat your heart out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_theological_demons)

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-12-05, 08:25 PM
Smith and Wesson

Pie Guy
2008-12-05, 09:14 PM
President and Cheney.

Scares me whenever I think of it.

Inyssius Tor
2008-12-05, 09:15 PM
Smith and Wesson

"...who the hell are they?"
There was a moment of silence followed by Vimes saying, out of the corner of his mouth: "Lance-Constable Vimes?"
"Yessir?'
"What make are these crossbows?'
"Er... Hines Brothers, sir. They're Mark Threes."
"Not Burleigh and Stronginthearm?"
"Never heard of them, sir."