PDA

View Full Version : Raiser's Heart Grew Three Sizes That Day

Raiser Blade
2008-12-06, 01:29 PM
I remember one christmas way back in the day when I was but a wee tyke. For some strange reason I thought that owning a quadripedal mammal would just be the greatest thing ever, so for that last crucial month I dropped hint after hint after hint that what would really make my christmas a swell day would be a cute widdle puppy.

To make a long story medium length, that christmas was the day I got my dog Risky. He was my first pet and i'll always remember him fondly. I would have to say that Risky was my favoritest christmas present ever.

What was your favorite christmas present? The one that you'll always remember long after those pair of socks or new video game are forgotten.*

*If the socks or the video game is your favorite present this by no means is meant to demean the very special place they must have in your heart.

Neko Toast
2008-12-06, 01:45 PM
Hm. Nothing really comes to mind when I think of my favorite present...

I guess my first Walkman was my favorite. It got me started on my love of music. That Walkman lasted me for years. It did break eventually, but a few months after it did I got my first iPod.

It was still a great Walkman, though. :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2008-12-06, 01:49 PM
Hmm... well it's a toss up between the terracotta warrior on a horse (from a later tomb, 5th century, I think.) which still has some of the original paint on it and my leather pig footstool. It's so awesome. ^_^ And huggable.

One or the other. Don't make me decide!

Arokh
2008-12-06, 01:52 PM
Hmm..I would say that the present I have liked the most (and do still like today)
was a gameboy (one of the second generation, the ones with the coloured cases) I got a bunch of years ago, and do still own today.

Player_Zero
2008-12-06, 02:08 PM
I got my first computer for Christmas I believe. Kinda' coo'.

Hmm... I think most of the various crazy stuff I got for my birthday in October.

Nowadays I think it's lost some of its 'zomg presents' charm though... Damn... I think that means I'm becoming mature. Quickly, get me lego, I need to play!

Moff Chumley
2008-12-06, 02:11 PM
I'll have to say, my first synthesizer. It was an old Korg N5, but I wuv it so.

Sucrose
2008-12-06, 02:27 PM
Probably the computer that I'm posting this from. It was a combination graduation/Christmas present, if I remember correctly. I got it three years ago, and I refuse to believe that any of the machines on the market today can hold a candle to my baby. :smallsmile:

skywalker
2008-12-06, 03:50 PM
I think my most memorable present was when my parents got me a bow for Christmas. It didn't really work out (I have soft hands, my fingertips and the string did not get along) and I have no idea where that thing is today. But I do remember coming into the living room and seeing arrows stuck into our tree, like they had been shot there. I played it cool and acted like I didn't see them till everything else had been opened. Then I was like "OMG, arrows! I wonder what that could mean?"

Socks would actually be nice this year... :smallfrown: My feet are cold.

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-06, 03:57 PM
The piano I got last year, definitely. :smallbiggrin: My digital camera too.

Crow
2008-12-06, 05:13 PM
My dog "Huscarl". Talk about the best gift you could ever get. There is nothing better than getting a new life-long friend for Christmas.

Younger Carl.
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1226061636af8.jpg

Carl closer to now, wearing his gay bandana he got from the groomers.
http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1957xg4.jpg

Flickerdart
2008-12-06, 05:22 PM
It's kinda sad that I've never gotten anything good as a present. My best things in life I've had to buy myself, and even they bring me little delight. Looks like Raiser took my heart sizes that day, and never gave them back, the rogue.

InaVegt
2008-12-06, 08:00 PM
I've never had any Christmas presents.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-07, 12:39 AM
My sword and armor, my digital camera, Battle for Middle-Earth, and a certain scale model locomotive come to mind (though I'm sure I'm missing some things I really like) but the funniest one has got to be a birthday present.

So I've got this weird uncle--doesn't everybody--nice, but weird. For my 16th birthday, he got it in his head that I was Becoming A Man. And what did he give me for my coming of age? A disposable razor and a hefty crowbar. Yes, you read that right, a razor and a crowbar. It's two and a half years later and I still don't need to shave, and I've never used the crowbar, but it's always good for a chuckle.

Phae Nymna
2008-12-07, 12:45 AM
I don't really know. :smallfrown:

If any of my Christmas wishes come true this year though, I should have several new favorites.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-07, 12:57 AM
An official Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock, and this thing which tells time. :smalltongue:

ghost_warlock
2008-12-07, 01:04 AM
Um...getting my own name in the name drawing and not telling anyone?

Seriously, I don't really want to give/receive anything and only go along with the family festivities to appease my mother. I bought my gf a digital camera, but that was mostly just to get back at her for buying me an iPod. :smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2008-12-07, 03:36 AM
An official Red Rider carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock, and this thing which tells time. :smalltongue:

You shot your i out kid.

:smalltongue: I know that's how it's spelled.

Haruki-kun
2008-12-07, 09:58 AM
I got my first modem on Christmas. That's right, Christmas gave me teh Internetz. :smalltongue:

ghost_warlock
2008-12-07, 09:59 AM
I got my first modem on Christmas. That's right, Christmas gave me teh Internetz. :smalltongue:

Okay, now there's a gift I could appreciate! :smallbiggrin:

Helanna
2008-12-07, 10:05 AM
My laptop I got last year!! *hugs* I love this laptop.

OH! And I also forgot my wonderful perpetual wall calendar. 'Tis in the shape of a castle, and each month is a dragon figurine. I love my dragons. :smallbiggrin: I got it two years ago and was only able to hang it up last month, due to space shortages. Stupid apartments. But now it's up, and I have . . . already broken a figurine. I was pretty upset, but it wasn't too bad, at least.

Other than that? Just being with my family on Christmas. I'm so lucky. :smallcool: And kinda sappy, but hey.

Syka
2008-12-07, 12:21 PM
I think the dream catcher my mom made was for Christmas. I've had it for years and it's currently hanging on my fan's pull string. Not only does it ward of bad dreams (srsl, the only bad dreams I've had since getting it were when I was elsewhere), but it also helps me reach the pull string to get my fan on AND serves as amusement when my boyfriend or family run into it. *snicker*

This Christmas I may get some better presents, so yays?

Firefly, too. That show is my heart. :smallsmile:

Cheers~

Ashtar
2008-12-07, 05:01 PM
This was years ago, on Christmas day (1987 or maybe 1988?) ...

Around five AM, my brother and I got up, started snacking on the socks at the end of our bed that had been mysteriously stuffed full of peanuts, clementines and sweets. We rushed downstairs, careful not to wake the parents... We couldn't even wait for them. This was IT. Finally, We (my brother and I) had our computer.

It was a wondrous Amiga 500. With a superb OS, games like never before (Rick Dangerous, Narcopolice, Shadow of the beast and so many others), the best and most advanced programming language of its time (AMOS) with which I programmed my first games, nothing could of been better than that! We even had the monthly "Amiga News" mail order pirate list where you could order any game for a flat fee per disk.

Can you say best gift ever? I must admit that it shaped my view of technology and put me firmly on the path where I stand today. I get all misty eyed thinking about it. Sadly, I don't know what happened to it when my dad moved out of our old house.

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-12-07, 05:52 PM
I got my favorite Christmas present early, during this years Thanksgiving break. After sleeping on couches and air mattresses at home since my freshman year in college, I finally have a permanent bed. My mother told me I wouldn't need any other Christmas presents this year, and I believe it! :smallsmile: