PDA

View Full Version : Help with drivers

Crispy Dave
2008-12-06, 02:58 PM
ok so I am despratly looking for a driver for my DVD drive and I cant find one.this (http://www.memorex.com/products/product_details.php?section=&CID=&SID=&PID=744&FID=) is my drive that I need a driver for. When I try searching all I get is these stupid driver scanners crap.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-07, 12:41 AM
Why don't you try posting on Yahoo Answers?

Reinboom
2008-12-07, 01:05 AM
What is your operating system, service pack release if windows, and if possible bios information or maker of your tower?

Crispy Dave
2008-12-07, 01:58 PM
What is your operating system, service pack release if windows, and if possible bios information or maker of your tower?

Win XP pro SP3. comp is custom build whitebox

Rawhide
2008-12-07, 03:56 PM
Then you should not need any drivers to use the drive to read CDs or DVDs, all the drivers you require should be included in your operating system.

If you want to watch DVD movies, you will need to install a DVD player application, which should have been included in the box or you may need to pay for, I recommend PowerDVD.

If you want to burn CDs, you will need to install CD burning software (which will include any burning drivers you may require, such as ASPI). This should also have been included in the box or you may need to purchase one, I recommend Nero.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-12-07, 04:07 PM
If you need help with it, why not ask Memorex tech support seeing as they are the ones who made the drive.

Fawkes
2008-12-07, 06:13 PM
Why don't you try posting on Yahoo Answers?

How is babby formed

How girl get pragnent

Crispy Dave
2008-12-07, 09:13 PM
Then you should not need any drivers to use the drive to read CDs or DVDs, all the drivers you require should be included in your operating system.

If you want to watch DVD movies, you will need to install a DVD player application, which should have been included in the box or you may need to pay for, I recommend PowerDVD.

If you want to burn CDs, you will need to install CD burning software (which will include any burning drivers you may require, such as ASPI). This should also have been included in the box or you may need to purchase one, I recommend Nero.

no I need a driver for it its not working right.

If you need help with it, why not ask Memorex tech support seeing as they are the ones who made the drive.

I have thier teck support sucks

Rawhide
2008-12-07, 09:46 PM
no I need a driver for it its not working right.

I have thier teck support sucks

How is it 'not working right'? Can you explain the symptoms? Any error messages?

If the operating system is unable to locate and install a driver for a CD-Rom/DVD-Rom drive, then that is indicative of what is likely a serious problem with your operating system, not the drive.

Crispy Dave
2008-12-07, 09:56 PM
How is it 'not working right'? Can you explain the symptoms? Any error messages?

If the operating system is unable to locate and install a driver for a CD-Rom/DVD-Rom drive, then that is indicative of what is likely a serious problem with your operating system, not the drive.

the disk tray is not opening for me It used to just fine

FdL
2008-12-08, 12:29 AM
Well, they're right. DVD and cd drives don't usually need drivers in windows, as long as I have known it (dunno Vista but doubt it). It's the motherboard's controller which does the job of recognizing it and making it available for the OS. And what the OS does is quite simple.

Now, it doesn't eject the tray mechanically or with the option in Windows??

Crispy Dave
2008-12-08, 12:34 AM
Well, they're right. DVD and cd drives don't usually need drivers in windows, as long as I have known it (dunno Vista but doubt it). It's the motherboard's controller which does the job of recognizing it and making it available for the OS. And what the OS does is quite simple.

Now, it doesn't eject the tray mechanically or with the option in Windows??

mechanically it just kindov grunts at me

FdL
2008-12-08, 12:44 AM
mechanically it just kindov grunts at me

Well, then that isn't a driver problem then, is it? Sounds like it's something mechanical :s Any chance of returning it?

Crispy Dave
2008-12-08, 12:48 AM
uhhhh dammit this is the secont DvD drive that has broke on me and no no return

Crispy Dave
2008-12-08, 12:49 AM
hmm it seems if I press it three times fast it opens and if theres a disk it opens with one press.

FdL
2008-12-08, 12:51 AM
Sorry to hear. Maybe it's not such a difficult thing to fix. Tried the manual eject thing? With a straightened paper clip, inserting it in a little hole that's in the front to spring the eject mechanism.

Warning: do try this at your own responsibility. It's not like anything will break doing that though, as it's a designed feature of drives. But well, be careful anyway.

Crispy Dave
2008-12-08, 12:53 AM
Sorry to hear. Maybe it's not such a difficult thing to fix. Tried the manual eject thing? With a straightened paper clip, inserting it in a little hole that's in the front to spring the eject mechanism.

Warning: do try this at your own responsibility. It's not like anything will break doing that though, as it's a designed feature of drives. But well, be careful anyway.

well I found a program that opens your disk tray but I cant find how to tell it to open your slave drive. I will have to work at this.

if anyone knows of a better program that opens your disk drive for you please let me know.

FdL
2008-12-08, 12:56 AM
well I found a program that opens your disk tray but I cant find how to tell it to open your slave drive. I will have to work at this.

if anyone knows of a better program that opens your disk drive for you please let me know.

So you can open it by software. That's good! Means the mechanism is not broken, only the button, if at all.

Crispy Dave
2008-12-08, 12:59 AM
So you can open it by software. That's good! Means the mechanism is not broken, only the button, if at all.

no im not sure because the drive thats not working is a slave drive

Rawhide
2008-12-08, 02:28 AM

Richt click the drive in My Computer and click Eject.

It certainly sounds like a mechanical fault, rather than a software issue.

Crispy Dave
2008-12-08, 01:39 PM
Richt click the drive in My Computer and click Eject.

It certainly sounds like a mechanical fault, rather than a software issue.

ya its broken then time to add another part to my list of parts needed.