PDA

View Full Version : Glom together... right now [4e Monsters]

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-06, 03:34 PM
Hey. I've been gone for a while, like, a long while, like most of you probably don't remember me, but I'm back with my first 4e homebrew project, a project I like to call:

Amorphous 4e
First, go here (http://armorgames.com/play/2044/amorphous-plus)

Now that I've thoroughly wasted your time:

Glooples

Common Gloople

Level 1 Minion
Medium natural beast (ooze, blind, gloople)
XP 25
Initiative: +1
Senses: blindsense 10
HP: 1(A missed attack never damages a minion)
AC: 15
Fortitude: 13
Reflex: 12
Will: 13
Speed: 5

Slam (standard, at-will) +6 vs. AC: The target is stunned until the end of the Common Gloople’s next turn.

Glom (standard, recharge 5, 6) This power starts out as if it has been used; it must be recharged before being used once. If another Common Gloople is present in an adjacent square, they can glom together to become an Oozle. Both glooples must be recharged to use this power.

Alignment: Neutral
Abilities: Str: 12, Con: 10, Dex:10, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Oozle

Level 3 Brute
Large natural beast (ooze, blind, gloople)
XP 150
Initiative: +0
Senses: blindsense 15
HP: 54
Fortitude: 15
Will: 15
Speed: 4

Engulf(standard, at-will) +4 vs. Reflex: On a hit, the target is grabbed and pulled into the oozle’s space; the target is dazed and takes ongoing 5 acid damage until it escapes the grab. A creature that escapes the grab shifts to a square of its choosing adjacent to the oozle. This oozle can move normally while creatures are engulfed within it.

Glom (standard, recharge 5, 6) This power starts out as if it has been used; it must be recharged before being used once. If another oozle or a common gloople is present in an adjacent square, they can glom together to become a Gray. Both glooples must be recharged to use this power. Oozles cannot glom while one is engulfing another creature.

Abilities: Str: 14, Con: 14, Dex:8, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Stickie

Level 2 Minion
XP 31
Initiative: +1
AC: 16
Fortitude: 13

Slam (standard, at-will) +7 vs. AC: 5 damage, and the Stickie explodes, covering a zone 3. Anything entering the zone is slowed (save ends.) The zone lasts until the end of the encounter.

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: The stickie dies. Effect: The stickie explodes (see above.)

Abilities: Str: 12, Con: 10, Dex:10, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Biter

Level 4 Minion
XP 44
Initiative: +3
AC: 18
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 15
Will: 15

Slam (standard, at-will) +9 vs. AC: The target is stunned until the end of the biter’s next turn.

Lunge (standard, at-will) +7 vs. Reflex: 2d8+4 damage. The Biter must move up to 1d4 sqares as part of this attack. This movement must be a straight line.

Glom (standard, recharge 5, 6) This power starts out as if it has been used; it must be recharged before being used once. If another biter is present in an adjacent square, they can glom together to become a Horror. Both biters must be recharged to use this power.

Abilities: Str: 16, Con: 14, Dex: 12, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Meltie

Level 5 Minion
XP 50
Initiative: +2
AC: 19
Fortitude: 17
Will: 16

Slam (standard, at-will, acid) +10 vs. AC: 10 acid damage, and the Meltie explodes, covering a zone 3. Anything entering the zone or starting it’s turn there takes 10 acid damage The zone lasts until the end of the encounter.

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: The Meltie dies. Effect: The Meltie explodes (see above.)

Abilities: Str: 14, Con: 10, Dex:10, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Clutter

Level 3 Artillery
XP 150
Initiative: +0
Senses: blindsense 20
HP: 38
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 14
Will: 14

Clutter shot (standard, at-will) Ranged 6. +8 vs. Reflex: 1d6 +3 damage, and a Baby Clutter latches onto the target (see below) On a miss, a Baby Clutter is formed in a square adjacent to the target.

Slam (standard, at-will) +10 vs. AC: The target is stunned until the end of the clutter’s next turn.

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: the clutter dies. Effect: Three Baby Clutters appear in the clutter’s space.

Abilities: Str: 10, Con: 14, Dex:12, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Baby Clutter

Level 1 Minion
Small Natural beast (ooze, blind, gloople)
XP 25
Initiative: +3
HP: 1 (a missed attack never damages a minion)
Fortitude: 12
Reflex: 14
Speed: 7

Clutter (standard, at-will) +4 vs. Reflex. The baby clutter latches onto the target. While it is latched on, the target is slowed. The target can free itself from the Baby Clutter by making a standard escape attempt. On a successful attempt, the target stays in its square, and the Baby Clutter is shifted into an adjacent square. The clutter cannot use it's grow ability while latched on.

Grow: After 1d3 rounds, the Baby Clutter grows. It’s size increases to medium and it takes on the following stats: AC: 15, Fortitude:13, Reflex: 13, Will: 13, Speed 6. The Baby Clutter loses it’s Clutter attack and gains the Clutter’s slam attack, but with a +6 bonus. 1d3 rounds later, the Baby Clutter becomes a clutter.

Before grow:
Str: 5, Con 10, Dex 16, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1
After grow:
Str: 8, Con: 12, Dex 13, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Fuzzle

Level 6 Lurker
XP 250
Initiative: +10
HP: 56
Regeneration 10
AC: 20
Fortitude: 18
Reflex: 18

Slam (standard, at-will) +11 vs. AC. 1d10 +4 damage.

Lunge (standard, at-will) +9 vs. Reflex: 3d10+4 damage. The Fuzzle must move up to 1d4 sqares as part of this attack. This movement must be a straight line.

Abilities:
Str: 16, Con: 14, Dex 16, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Sharp

Level 8 Soldier
Medium Natural Beast (ooze, blind, gloople)
XP 350
Initiative: +9
HP: 86
AC: 22
Fortitude: 20
Reflex: 20
Will: 18

Slam (standard, at will) +15 vs. AC. The target is stunned until the end of the sharp’s next turn.

Spiky Form (minor, recharge 5,6) The Sharp’s body hardens and it sprouts dangerous spikes. The sharp gains resistance 10 to all damage. It’s speed increases to 6. It loses it’s slam attack, and gains the Impale attack. While in this form, the Sharp is also immune to terrain effects created by other glooples. These changes last until the end of the sharp’s next turn.

Impale (standard, at-will) +15 vs. AC. 4d8+5 damage. This attack can only be used while the Sharp is in it’s spiky form.

Abilities
Str: 16, Con: 14, Dex: 16, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Sharp (Modified version)

Level 8 Soldier
Medium Natural Beast (ooze, blind, gloople)
XP 350
Initiative: +9
HP: 86
AC: 24
Reflex: 20
Resist 10 all damage
Speed: 6

Impale (standard, at-will) +15 vs. AC. 4d8+5 damage. The Sharp cannot use this power if it grants combat advantage.

Slam (standard, at will) +15 vs. AC. The target is stunned until the end of the sharp’s next turn. The Sharp can use this power only while granting combat advantage.

Combat weakness: If the Sharp grants combat advantage to anyone, it loses it’s spikes and becomes, essentially, a regular gloople. It loses all resistances, it’s AC decreases by 4, and it’s speed drops by 2. It can no longer use the Impale power.

Abilities
Str: 16, Con: 14, Dex: 16, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Torchie

Level 8 Minion
Medium natural beast (ooze, blind, gloople, fire)
XP 75
Initiative: +6
AC: 21
Reflex: 19
Will: 19

Slam (standard, at-will, fire) +12 vs. AC: 10 fire damage. Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends.)

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: The Torchie dies. Effect: The Torchie explodes. All creatures in a burst 1 are affected. +10 vs. Reflex. 3d10 + 5 fire damage, and ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends.)
Miss: Half damage, and no ongoing damage.

Contagious flame: If the Torchie enters the same space as another gloople, that gloople catches fire. It takes no damage, but anyone who hits it with a melee attack takes 1d10 fire damage. It’s slam attack also deals ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends.) This effect lasts until the Torchie’s next turn.

Extinguishable: At the beginning of a Torchie’s turn, roll a d6. On a one, the Torchie is extinguished (save ends) An extinguished Torchie does not explode when killed.

Frostie

Level 8 Minion
Medium natural beast (ooze, blind, gloople, cold)
XP 75
Initiative: +6
AC: 21
Will: 19
Speed: 6

Slam (standard, at-will, cold) +12 vs. AC: 10 cold damage. The Frostie explodes (see below.)

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: The Frostie dies. Effect: The Frostie explodes. Burst 1, +10 vs. Reflex. Creatures who are hit are turned to ice (save ends). While turned to ice, creatures are immobilized and gain vulnerability 5 all damage and vulnerability 10 fire. In addition, whenever a this creature is hit with by a critical hit, that creature takes additional damage equal to their Bloodied value and this effect ends.
Miss: Slowed, and vulnerable 5 fire (no other vulnerabilities.)

Gray

Level 8 Lurker
XP 350
Initiative: +7
Senses: blindsense 25
HP: 68
AC: 22
Reflex: 16

Engulf: (standard, at-will) +11 vs. Reflex: On a hit, the target is grabbed and pulled into the cube’s space; the target is dazed and takes ongoing 5 acid damage until it escapes the grab. A creature that escapes the grab shifts to a square of its choosing adjacent to the gray. This gray can move normally while creatures are engulfed within it, but cannot use it’s spike attack.

Spike (standard, recharge 4,5,6) line 6, +11 vs. Reflex. 4d8 + 5 damage, and the target is Engulfed (see above.)
Effect: The Gray’s body hardens, giving it resistance 10 to all damage until the end of it’s next turn.

Glom (standard, recharge 5, 6) This power starts out as if it has been used; it must be recharged before being used once. If an oozle is present in an adjacent square, they can glom together to become a Void Eater. Both glooples must be recharged to use this power. Grays cannot Glom while one is engulfing another creature.

Abilities: Str: 14, Con: 14, Dex:8, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Inky

Level 5 Minion
XP 50
Initiative: +2
AC: 19
Fortitude: 17

Slam (standard, at-will, acid) +10 vs. AC: The target is blinded (save ends), and the Inky explodes, covering a zone 3. Anything entering the zone slides across the zone, then slides three squares in whatever direction they were moving when they entered the square. If any attack with the fire keyword hits the zone, it goes up in flames, dealing 10 fire damage to anyone who starts or ends in that square. The zone lasts until the end of the encounter.

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: The Inky dies. Effect: The Inky explodes (see above.)

Grinder

Level 12 Brute
Huge Natural Beast (ooze, blind, gloople)
XP 700
Initiative: 5
Senses: blindsense 5
HP: 146
AC: 24
Fortitude: 25
Will: 20
Resist 15 all damages, Vulnerability 15 acid. Once the Grinder is bloodied, it’s resistances decrease to 5.

Trample (standard, at-will) The Grinder can move up to it’s speed and enter enemies spaces. This movement provokes opportunity attacks, and the Grinder must end its move in an unoccupied space. When it enters an enemy’s space, the Grinder makes a Trample attack: +13 vs. Reflex; 3d6 +5 damage, and the target is knocked prone.

Terrain immunity: Grinders ignore all difficult terrain, except the acid left by a meltie. They are also immune to the Frostie’s splat ability.

Abilities:
Str: 22, Con: 16, Dex: 8, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

Amalgam

Level 12 Elite Lurker
XP 1400
Initiative: +10
Senses: Blindsense 15
HP: 192
AC: 28
Fortitude: 26
Reflex: 22
Will: 21

Slam (standard, at-will) +17 vs. AC: 1d8+5 damage

Engulf (standard, at-will) +15 vs. Reflex: On a hit, the target is grabbed and pulled into the amalgam’s space; the target is dazed and takes ongoing 10 acid damage until it escapes the grab. A creature that escapes the grab shifts to a square of its choosing adjacent to the amalgam. This amalgam can move normally while creatures are engulfed within it. Only one creature can be engulfed at a time. If an engulfed creature dies, it is absorbed by the amalgam – see below.

Absorb (standard, at-will) When any gloople with less than 100 HP enters an Amalgam’s square, it is absorbed by the amalgam. The other gloople ceases to exist, and the amalgam gains 25 temporary hit points, plus 25 more for every size category above small that the absorbed gloople possesses. Once an Amalgam’s Temporary hit points equal it’s current HP total, it loses all temporary HP and divides into two identical Amalgams with HP equal to it’s current total.

Abilities: Str: 16, Con: 18, Dex: 10, Int: 1, Wis: 12, Cha: 1

I know I probably got a lot of numbers wrong because the guidelines in the DM's guide were confusing to me, (the monster roles table has no entry for minions?) so please help me fix those. Fixed, thanks Meek!

zagan
2008-12-06, 04:15 PM
Awesome idea !:smallwink:

I can't wait to see the stat of the rest particulary the Horror and the Gray.

I'm sorry, I'm not qualified to judge the stat but they look good to me.

Continue the good work man !:smallbiggrin:

Zeta Kai
2008-12-06, 05:18 PM
Amorphous d20

I think that it should be pointed out that 4E & the D20 system are mutually exclusive. Therefore, since this is based on 4E, it is a misnomer to say that this is Amorphous d20. Amorphous 4E, Amorphous GSL, or Amorphous: Total Conversion would be more apt titles.

This does look nice so far, though. :smallwink:

Meek
2008-12-06, 06:53 PM
Asmor's monster tools can help you with your math. It does minions too, though they're reverse-engineered from the Monster Manual if I recall correctly.

http://www.asmor.com/scripts/4eMonsterMathCruncher/index.php

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-06, 07:21 PM
Thanks - I edited the stats. They should be right now.

Baron Corm
2008-12-07, 12:44 PM
Just one little thing... I think that oozles glom together with one more gloople to become a gray, not another oozle. This is because in Amorphous, two oozles glomming would be really rare, but I don't know how that translates to 4e.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-07, 01:09 PM
You're right. I fixed that. I also renamed the standard gloople the Common Gloople, to differentiate it from the gloople subtype.

I added two more dangerous glooples: The Fuzzle and the Sharp. Go crazy and critique them.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-08, 12:57 PM
I changed the Sharp based on the Damage Reduction discussion in the other thread. Is it overpowered if it has resist all and no weakness, if that form can only be used when the power recharges?

Pirate_King
2008-12-08, 01:28 PM
Keep in mind that some glooples follow you or otherwise recognize your presence more clearly than others, such as clutters running away from you or melties sort of following you, or fuzzles being able to lock on to you quicker than biters. Such glooples should have a longer range for their blind sense.

On Sharps, they shouldn't need to recharge being in the sharp form, since in the game, they do it as a reaction. They come out of it when you come up behind them. In 4e, this translates best to combat advantage. basically, the impale power should be the default, and they lose it when you have combat advantage against them.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-08, 02:01 PM
That makes a certain amount of sense. I think I would have to remove the slam attack completely if that was the case, to avoid this scenario:

Two PC's flank the Sharp. It loses it's spiky form.
Sharp slams one PC, stunning him or her. Stunned creatures can't flank; combat advantage gone. Sharp reverts to Spiky form before other PC ca get another hit on it.

That might not be so bad though. Thoughts?

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-08, 10:00 PM
Two more new glooples now, and a different take on the sharp.

mikeejimbo
2008-12-08, 10:11 PM
For if we don't glom together, we shall surely glom apart!

Yeah, finally got that out of my system. After a few days. I have nothing to pick at, because my skills at producing monsters is very small. But I like them.

Crabs Magee
2008-12-12, 06:20 PM
This is pretty cool, and the game is fun too!

Really like to see you do the Inkies next. Maybe come up with some items/weapons to be used in combat against the glooples?

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-12, 09:19 PM
Added the Gray and the Inky. Yeah, I might do the rewards later.

Crabs Magee
2008-12-13, 03:09 PM
As far as the baby Clutters go, instead of making their Grow ability an actual power, make it so after...maybe 1d4+1 turns, it becomes a normal Clutter if it isn't latched on to a target.

This makes sense, and it seems the baby clutters are always growing while not latched onto you. The way you currently have it, they have to recharge their ability which means they could never grow during their brief lifespan.

In addition, are you planning on making glooples for higher tiers?

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-13, 03:42 PM
The last five (Amalgams, Grinders, Horrors, Void Eaters, and Queens) will be paragon tier. Void Eaters and Queens might make it to epic, but I doubt it.

I like your baby clutter suggestion. I think I'll implement a compromise version.

DracoDei
2008-12-13, 03:43 PM
Could someone do a 3.5 version of these guys?

Crabs Magee
2008-12-13, 04:44 PM
Woo! I was helpful!

Here's another thought: When your frozen by a Frostie in the game, if you get bumped, you shatter. Obviously, in D&D having a creature that can put an effect on you that lets other creatures kill you instantly is kinda overpowered, so what about this:

Splat (immediate reaction) Trigger: The Frostie dies. Effect: The Frostie explodes. Burst 1, +10 vs. Reflex. Creatures who are hit are turned to ice (save ends). While turned to ice, creatures are immobilized and gain vulnerability 5 all damage and vulnerability 10 fire. In addition, whenever a this creature is hit with by a critical hit, that creature takes additional damage equal to their Bloodied value and this effect ends.
Miss: Slowed, and vulnerable 5 fire (no other vulnerabilities.)

This way, the freezing thing becomes even more deadly and retains a lot of it's original game-flavour, but it's not overpowered to the point of game-breaking. After all, it can still miss and you can still survive it.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-13, 04:54 PM
I really like that. Thanks Crabs.
*steals*

Crabs Magee
2008-12-13, 05:04 PM
I really like that. Thanks Crabs.
*steals*

Glad to be of assistance. The only thing is that that game is too addicting. Stupid little blobs.

God, I don't know why I'm so attracted to this concept, but I just can't stop critiquing it!

You should change the Biter's skills to the following:

Slam (standard, at-will) +9 vs. AC: The target is stunned until the end of the biter’s next turn.

Lunge (standard, at-will) +10 vs. Reflex: 2d12+3 damage. The Biter must move up to 1d4 sqares as part of this attack. This movement must be a straight line.

In the game, Biters must lunge at their target, otherwise they just bump into the player. In this form, the Biter's lunge is much more lethal, and they can use it whenever, just like in the game. However, it now has to leap to the player in order to attack them.

Also, this movement must be a straight line, so a DM cannot manipulate a roll of 3 to the Biter turning around and attacking a player (hope that makes sense). It's like that in the game too, so...yeah.

Also, maybe give the Biter an action point? They seem to sometimes lunge at me, then lunge again immediately after that.

Maybe do this with the Fuzzle too?

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-14, 08:15 PM
I like that. I think I'll change it.

I used your idea, but not your numbers. Thanks.

Grinders and Amalgams coming next.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-15, 04:33 PM
The Grinder is up! I'll probably just edit this post when I finish the amalgam.

Edit: Amalgam's up too. Please critique.

Crabs Magee
2008-12-16, 07:02 PM
Here I go again....

Have Amalgam split into two when it hits it's bloodied value. The resulting Amalgams are small, and should have an increased speed. They should have HP equal to the Amalgam's surge value.