PDA

View Full Version : Vote Up A Star Wars SE Adversary: Almost Unoriginal! [HK-42-R1 Complete!]

Ascension
2008-12-07, 02:47 AM
There are only two Vote Up As on the first page now. That's an unacceptably low number. Besides, they're all D&D. They aren't anywhere near galaxies far, far away. It's time to bring the Vote Up A trend to Star Wars Saga Edition. No, it's past time. So, let's get to voting up an adversary, shall we? I say "Adversary" so the field is more open than "monster" or "villain." I could go even more generic and make it "NPC," but that sounds... blander.

1.) Basic Classification
{table=head]Classification|Votes
Organic Sentient|3
Droid|9
Beast|2[/table]

2a.) If an Organic Sentient:

{table=head]Species|Votes
Human|0
Bothan|0
Cerean|0
Duros|0
Ewok|0
Gamorrean|0
Gungan|0
Ithorian|0
Kel Dor|0
Mon Calamari|0
Quarren|0
Rodian|0
Sullustan|0
Trandoshan|0
Twi'lek|0
Wookiee|0
Zabrak|0
Aqualish|0
Hutt|0
Neimoidian|0
Yuuzhan Vong|0
Arkanian|0
Cathar|0
Draethos|0
Feeorin|0
Khil|0
Kissai|0
Massassi|0
Miraluka|0
Rakata|0
Selkath|0
Snivvian|0
Aleena|0
Caamasi|0
Felucian|0
Gran|0
Nosaurian|0
Talz|0
Togorian|0
Togruta|0
Whiphid|0
Yarkora|0
Chistori|0
Utai|0
Other Species (Please Specify)|0
[/table]

2b.) If a Droid:

Degree
{table=head]Degree|Votes
1st (medical, scientific)|0
2nd (astromech, technical)|2
3rd (protocol, service)|0
4th (combat, security)|8
5th (labor, utility)|2
Replica Droid|0
[/table]

Size
{table=head]Size|Votes
Fine|0
Diminutive|0
Tiny|0
Small|2
Medium|7
Large|1
Huge|1
Gargantuan|0
Colossal|1
[/table]

2c.) If a Beast:
Classification:
{table=head]Type|Votes
Mammal|0
Reptile|0
Reptomammal|0
Bird|0
Insect|0
Arachnid|0
Invertebrate (other)|0
Fish|0
Amphibian|0
Plant|0
Fungus|0
Other (please specify)|0
[/table]

Environment:
{table=head]Environment|Votes
Jungle|0
Desert|0
Arctic|0
Mountain|0
Grassland|0
Aquatic|0
Air|0
Vacuum|0
Swamp|0
Seashore|0
Urban|0
Other (please specify)|0
[/table]

Size
{table=head]Size|Votes
Fine|0
Diminutive|0
Tiny|0
Small|0
Medium|0
Large|0
Huge|0
Gargantuan|0
Colossal|0
[/table]

3.) Primary Class:
{table=head]Class|Votes
Jedi|7
Noble|5
Scoundrel|3
Scout|2
Soldier|1
Non-heroic|0
Beast|0
Other (please specify)|0
[/table]

4.) Force Sensitive?:
{table=head]Sensitivity|Votes
Yes (Trained)|1
Yes (Untrained)|0
No|6
[/table]

5.) Dark Side Score:
{table=head]DSPs|Votes
Zero|0
Low|2
Mid|5
High|4
Equal to Wisdom|0
The square root of the sum of the squares of its Wisdom and Intelligence Modifiers|1
[/table]

6.) Era:
{table=head]Era|Votes
Old Republic|3
Rise of the Empire|1
Rebellion|2
New Republic|1
New Jedi Order|2
Legacy|3
[/table]

7.) Planet of Origin:
{table=head]Planet|Votes
Coruscant|4
Kuat|1
Balmorra|1
Vjun|2
Csilla|1
Dantooine|1
Fondor|1
[/table]

8.) Motivations:
I originally planned to make the motivations more specific, but I've decided to keep them a bit vague. Remember to vote for two, one for each era.

Old Republic:
{table=head]Motivation|Votes
Service (Republic)|0
Service (Jedi)|0
Service (Sith)|3
Service (Other)|0
Justice|3
Freedom|0
Power|0
Droid Rights|0
Droid Revolution|2
Conquest|0
Genocide|2
The Greater Good|0
Vengeance|0
Boredom|1
Logic|0
Insanity|0
Destruction|0
Greed|0
Fear|0
Anger|0
Hate|0
Suffering|0
The Dark Side|0
Other (Please Specify)|0
[/table]

Legacy:
{table=head]Motivation|Votes
Service (Galactic Alliance)|0
Service (Galactic Alliance Remnant)|0
Service (Fel Empire)|0
Service (Jedi)|0
Service (Sith)|1
Service (Other)|0
Justice|0
Freedom|0
Power|0
Droid Rights|0
Droid Revolution|2
Conquest|0
Genocide|0
The Greater Good|0
Vengeance|0
Boredom|6
Logic|0
Insanity|0
Destruction|0
Greed|0
Fear|0
Anger|0
Hate|0
Suffering|0
The Dark Side|2
Other (Please Specify)|0
[/table]

9.) CL:

Old Republic:
{table=head]CL|Votes
1|0
2|0
3|0
4|0
5|0
6|0
7|0
8|0
9|0
10|0
11|0
12|0
13|0
14|0
15|1
16|3
17|0
18|0
19|0
20|0
21+|3
[/table]

Legacy:
{table=head]CL|Votes
1|0
2|0
3|0
4|0
5|0
6|0
7|0
8|0
9|0
10|0
11|0
12|0
13|0
14|0
15|3
16|0
17|0
18|0
19|0
20|0
21+|4
[/table]

starwoof
2008-12-07, 03:05 AM
Thats awesome. This thread is awesome. Organic Sentients are awesome.

Reverent-One
2008-12-07, 03:05 AM
Droid, we can creatures and living things in fantasy. Robots? Not as easily.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-07, 03:07 AM
Droid. What? Droids are awesome. I wonder what a Astromech Droid villain would be like?

Liliedhe
2008-12-07, 03:53 AM
I'll cast a vote for Beast. Just because.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-07, 04:36 AM
Beast

beware the dreaded white-text beast

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-07, 05:11 AM
Droid
The "I, Robot" angle is always nice. Especially since if they don't get memory wipes, they'll tend to "break" from their original function due to a programming conflict and develop unique personalities and motivations.

Athaniar
2008-12-07, 06:24 AM
Since I don't know which category a cyborg would fall under, I vote droid.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-07, 06:27 AM
Droid.

There really aren't enough good interesting Not so nice Droids in Star Wars IMO (HK was really onle intersting in KotOR 1 and was taken to annoying levels in 2, 4-LOM was awesome but all his character development was thrown out the window {Along with Zuckuss to unfortunatley}, and we all know what happened to IG-88).

Drakefall
2008-12-07, 06:45 AM
Can droids wield lightsabers?:smallconfused:

EDIT: More specifically: If this villain was chosen to be a droid, could it wield a lightsaber? I choose to completely avoid any responses involving Grievous:smalltongue:

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-07, 08:20 AM
Can droids wield lightsabers?:smallconfused:

EDIT: More specifically: If this villain was chosen to be a droid, could it wield a lightsaber? I choose to completely avoid any responses involving Grievous:smalltongue:

It could wield a lightsabre, I'm sure. It could not, however, use the force (unless a force-using cyborg) and therefore could not construct its own lightsabre.

Drakefall
2008-12-07, 09:44 AM
It could wield a lightsabre, I'm sure. It could not, however, use the force (unless a force-using cyborg) and therefore could not construct its own lightsabre.

That seems perfectly fine. My vote goes towards droid as well then.

Hmm... you know, I wonder that since droids can come with a multitude of gizmo's and gadgets if they would not be able to construct a lightsaber for themselves threw somewhat more scientific methods. I've never played any Star Wars rpg's beyond the two KotOR games so I don't actually know the rules.

Graybacca
2008-12-07, 09:53 AM
i vote for Organic Sentient master mind and his Replica Droid duplicates, so we have to fight multiple Replica Droid before we get to the TRUE master mind

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-07, 09:55 AM
i vote for Organic Sentient master mind and his Replica Droid duplicates, so we have to fight multiple Replica Droid before we get to the TRUE master mind

Has been done in the EU (as has mastermind with clone duplicates)...

Chappers
2008-12-07, 10:18 AM
Organic Sentient because the kind helpful master is always the baddy.

Vadin
2008-12-07, 10:59 AM
Astromech Droid for the win!

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 11:22 AM
Statement: I cast a vote for Droid, meatbag.

Pronounceable
2008-12-07, 11:35 AM
Astromech droid. One that'd kick, um... that stupid R2's erm... servos?

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 12:05 PM
Astromech droid. One that'd kick, um... that stupid R2's erm... servos?

Hey, R2's awesome. Especially in Episode III and The Clone Wars. Seriously.

Ascension
2008-12-07, 12:43 PM
A cyborg, even one carried to Grievous's extremes, is still an organic, not a droid. But this seems to be turning into a landslide regardless, so I'm going to go ahead and give droid the win and move on to the next stage. Now we're voting for the degree and size of the droid, to determine its basic function. Note that its intended function does not necessarily match its current function. So yes, if you really want to you can build a lightsaber-wielding astromech droid. I wouldn't recommend it, but you can still do it.

Please vote for both a degree and a size.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-07, 12:58 PM
5th
Large

UnChosenOne
2008-12-07, 12:59 PM
My votes:
Degree:4th (combat, security) and size:Huge.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-07, 01:10 PM
I'll go with 4th, and Colossal. Just because. :smallbiggrin:

Reverent-One
2008-12-07, 01:28 PM
5th
Medium

Shadow_Elf
2008-12-07, 01:34 PM
I'm going to vote for 4th and Medium.
Because we seriously need a Jedi Droid.

Athaniar
2008-12-07, 01:39 PM
4th Degree Medium. Something that feels personal enough.

Chappers
2008-12-07, 01:40 PM
2nd and small because i've always had this inkling that R2 was the power behind the Emperor's throne

DMfromTheAbyss
2008-12-07, 01:48 PM
I'll vote for the 4rth degree droid of M size and add in a concept for it...

Darth Vader in Shadows of the Empire had these practice droids he would routinely practice with/destroy to practice his lightsaber combat skills. Well what if one of these droids, having been ordered with the most bada@@ lightsaberskills Vader could afford to be his next sparing partner got lost in the whole fall of the empire deal and turned loose at a later date, turned out really villainous and had a penchant for "Challenging Jedi" which is it's programming, but being smart about it, chose to build up a network of minions etc to weaken them first, got good at underworld buisiness deals to finance it's operation... you get the idea.

If you really want to screw with players have it dress like Vader just to see their reaction... Have it programmed with all of Vader's fighting ability for a really epic baddy, or have it keep upgrading itself and have a string of "Bodies" with one personality saved in some out of the way area that the PC's eventually have to hunt down to stop it for good.

Just an idea... heheh

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 02:05 PM
4th, Medium. 'nuff said.

Zeta Kai
2008-12-07, 02:09 PM
Medium/4th.

Shadow_Elf
2008-12-07, 02:14 PM
Hurray for extremely reasonable bandwagonry!

Pronounceable
2008-12-07, 02:14 PM
Small, 2nd. I want an evil astromech dammit!

Drakefall
2008-12-07, 02:17 PM
Oh Mr. Bandwagon, you scoundrel! 4th and medium for me to please.

Ascension
2008-12-07, 02:19 PM
Sadly for the evil astromech fans, the will of the majority seems clear. We're looking at a Medium 4th Degree droid.

Now Voting: Primary Class

Note that Jedi is not an option for droids. Neither is Beast, of course. If you want a saber-wielding droid you probably want to vote Soldier... although any class could theoretically take up the saber with the proper proficiency feat.

Oh what the heck. Go ahead and make your Jedi droid, I know you want it.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-07, 02:22 PM
Noble

Zeta Kai
2008-12-07, 02:23 PM
I'd like a Scoundrel, please, good sir.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-07, 02:33 PM
Note, Jedi is a valid secondary class for droids, as they wouldn't have to take force sensitivity. Case in point, PROXY.

Till then, I'll vote Soldier.

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 02:34 PM
Noble

Wait, what? It's a 4th degree...

Has to be Soldier.

Shadow_Elf
2008-12-07, 02:37 PM
Scoundrel, unless Jedi is a valid choice.

What if it had artificial Force sensitivity? Like it treated the Force as a type of energy it could channel into various gadgets attached to its person? Using advanced sensory technology to pick up and utilize the Force. It could then be very deadly vs. Jedi, since it would be able to cancel the flow of Force into their Force powers and use it to power a plasma torpedo...

Ascension
2008-12-07, 02:41 PM
Note, Jedi is a valid secondary class for droids, as they wouldn't have to take force sensitivity. Case in point, PROXY.

But we're voting for primary class here. I'm open to a Jedi dip, but a droid shouldn't be primarily a Jedi... not a normal droid, at least.

The artificially simulated Force concept was sort of explored with Anakin Sal-Solo (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Sal-Solo), though not quite the way you're suggesting, Shadow Elf. I suppose I could make Jedi an option... I'm assuming that would make Moral Wiz and Shadow Elf's votes swing to Jedi.

Juhn
2008-12-07, 02:55 PM
Technically the point of these things tends to be to take something which should be (at least nearly) impossible and then not only pull it off, but make it a) plausible and b) awesome.

If you think you can manage it, I'd open up Jedi as an option.

Ascension
2008-12-07, 02:57 PM
If you think you can manage it, I'd open up Jedi as an option.

Check the OP. It's open. Is that another vote?

Athaniar
2008-12-07, 02:59 PM
A Noble droid would be interesting.

Forget noble, let's go for Jedi.

Pronounceable
2008-12-07, 02:59 PM
Soldier is the obvious choice here. So let's go with noble.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-07, 03:05 PM
Droid.

There really aren't enough good interesting Not so nice Droids in Star Wars IMO (HK was really onle intersting in KotOR 1 and was taken to annoying levels in 2, 4-LOM was awesome but all his character development was thrown out the window {Along with Zuckuss to unfortunatley}, and we all know what happened to IG-88).
Well, you're plainly and objectively wrong. Because I say so.

HK-47 was actually more interesting in KOTOR 2, since he developed characteristics aside from being a chaotic stupid mass murder. That is, he expressed resentment for being treated as furniture while simultaneously relishing the irony of the "possessions" shooting their supposed masters in the head. This goes doubly so because he was actually used for a time to assassinate Jedi, and even gives a interesting lecture (given enough influence) on how one goes about killing nigh invulnerable avatars of ass-whupping.

He was even slated to come to terms with his growing obsolescence and inferiority due to "updated" versions of himself being made for a HK droid factory level. That is to say, he becomes a individual capable of self-mediation rather than a mere machine that mindlessly carries out orders.

Then he even launches into pseudo-philosophical discussions about the Butterfly Effect when a pivotal person is assassinated, which pretty much established Revan's modus operendi and even gave a suggestion as to who Revan's master was.

In all KOTOR 2 HK-47 was actually a fleshed-out character. KOTOR 1 HK-47 was a flat, if funny, character.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-07, 03:10 PM
Noble
A military-officer type of droid might be interesting.

shadowxknight
2008-12-07, 03:13 PM
I'll jump on the Jedi bandwagon

Ascension
2008-12-07, 03:23 PM
I'm not naming him Skippy (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid).

Drakefall
2008-12-07, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna vote for scoundrel. I definitely want the droid to be able to slash aboot with lightsabres but giving him/her force powers just feels kinda wrong. A droids construction gives it access to pretty much all the physical benefits of the force (dodging, jumping, etc) that a jedi would need for combat anyway. Besides a charismatic lightsabre and blaster wielding droid sounds far cooler to me than a plain dark jedi droid assassin.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-07, 03:26 PM
Gonna go for Noble but with a secondary class dip.

Mando Knight
2008-12-07, 03:36 PM
but giving him/her force powers just feels kinda wrong.

Giving it Force powers by RAW is just plain impossible, anyway. It can go Jedi later to pick up Lightsaber combat skills, but that's about it.

Ascension
2008-12-07, 03:48 PM
Giving it Force powers by RAW is just plain impossible, anyway. It can go Jedi later to pick up Lightsaber combat skills, but that's about it.

Juhn was right, though. The Vote Up A threads tend to be about doing the impossible, seeing the invisible, row, row fight the powah. If the votes demand it I'll break the rules to give it a limited form of Force sensitivity. But only if the votes demand it.

Vadin
2008-12-07, 04:11 PM
Astromech droid!

Ascension
2008-12-07, 04:14 PM
Astromech droid!

Too late, I'm afraid. We're voting on class now.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-07, 05:29 PM
Well, you're plainly and objectively wrong. Because I say so.

HK-47 was actually more interesting in KOTOR 2, since he developed characteristics aside from being a chaotic stupid mass murder. That is, he expressed resentment for being treated as furniture while simultaneously relishing the irony of the "possessions" shooting their supposed masters in the head. This goes doubly so because he was actually used for a time to assassinate Jedi, and even gives a interesting lecture (given enough influence) on how one goes about killing nigh invulnerable avatars of ass-whupping.

He was even slated to come to terms with his growing obsolescence and inferiority due to "updated" versions of himself being made for a HK droid factory level. That is to say, he becomes a individual capable of self-mediation rather than a mere machine that mindlessly carries out orders.

Then he even launches into pseudo-philosophical discussions about the Butterfly Effect when a pivotal person is assassinated, which pretty much established Revan's modus operendi and even gave a suggestion as to who Revan's master was.

In all KOTOR 2 HK-47 was actually a fleshed-out character. KOTOR 1 HK-47 was a flat, if funny, character.
Am I getting my HK's mixed up *Been awhile since I've played either KotOR*

Anyway, I vote Noble.

Reverent-One
2008-12-07, 06:11 PM
Noble, because I can.

Lerky
2008-12-07, 07:09 PM
Scoundrel. A nice old fashioned assassin droid or a droid built for smuggling. Awsome:smallcool:

Mushroom Ninja
2008-12-07, 07:13 PM
Scout

Because scouts are fun too.

Ascension
2008-12-07, 07:14 PM
Scout

Because scouts are fun too.

Indeed. One must at least dip Scout if one wishes to become a Bounty Hunter.

Reath
2008-12-07, 07:29 PM
Jedi.

Becuase I can.

Vadin
2008-12-07, 08:05 PM
Jedi bandwagon for the win!

Minchandre
2008-12-07, 10:11 PM
Ascension, for the love of god, if you end up going with a Jedi droid, please, please let me design it. I promise I won't use meta-game knowledge.

Owrtho
2008-12-07, 10:29 PM
I'll vote scout.

Owrtho

Vic_Sage
2008-12-07, 10:57 PM
We can vote Jedi? If so I change my vote to that.

Ascension
2008-12-08, 12:07 AM
Ascension, for the love of god, if you end up going with a Jedi droid, please, please let me design it. I promise I won't use meta-game knowledge.

Get your own contest! I've already got three possible plans for handling this crazy Jedi droid situation.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go ahead and call it. Jedi droid it is.

Now comes a step which is probably unnecessary given the last vote, but which I'll proceed with regardless... Do you want the droid to be able to simulate Force sensitivity or not? It's a simple yes/no question.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-08, 12:29 AM
No. Honestly; it all sounds a bit clichéd to me. As does a lightsaber wielding droid. I like villains that throw characters off, are unexpected. Things that they haven't seen before, especially in the movies. I remember throwing a pair of lightsaber wielding droids into one of my SW games once, and simultaneously 3/5 of my Players next sentences involved the words; "Grievous" and/or "General". It should be noted that at this point 1/5 of them had had their character take enough of a beating to fall unconscious, and had gone down to the shop to refill on some 'supplies'.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-08, 12:37 AM
Facepalms at the idea of a Jedi droid.

The idea is now fundamentally broken and silly. We've just crossed over into bad fan-fic territory. Doubly so since people can apparently only make a character important by giving them Jedi powers and lightsabers.

It's Drizzt clone silly.

My hopes for this thread are now officially dead.

Mewtarthio
2008-12-08, 12:46 AM
I won't prejudge it. DVUAM and the old Vote-Up-A-Tavern thread have already managed to pull off some impressive results with the voters working against them to actively sabotage the project every step of the way. Even VUAV is currently leaning towards a Good-aligned villain (though that vote isn't closed yet).

I do think the idea of a Jedi droid is silly, though, so I'll vote No on Force Senstitivity. Yes, I'm aware that it won't undo the fact that he's already a Jedi...

thegurullamen
2008-12-08, 01:06 AM
I won't prejudge it. DVUAM and the old Vote-Up-A-Tavern thread have already managed to pull off some impressive results with the voters working against them to actively sabotage the project every step of the way. Even VUAV is currently leaning towards a Good-aligned villain (though that vote isn't closed yet).

I do think the idea of a Jedi droid is silly, though, so I'll vote No on Force Senstitivity. Yes, I'm aware that it won't undo the fact that he's already a Jedi...

If it goes that way, I sense a Grievous- or Aurra Singh-level convoluted plot about being a Jedi-hunting Jedi droid vampire bounty hunter whose mind was scooped out and implanted in a metal body after he/she single handedly landed a crashing Star Destroyer in the middle of an acid lake while outrunning the first Yuuzan Vong scouts before they---I HATE THE EU.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-08, 01:22 AM
No on Force Sensetive, the Droid can practice Jedi traditions and stuff like that but no Force.

Reath
2008-12-08, 01:24 AM
Yes.

Cause I'm a REBEL! :smallannoyed:

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-08, 01:27 AM
No on Force Sensetive, the Droid can practice Jedi traditions and stuff like that but no Force.
Right. . .
. . .what I wonder is why we couldn't have Noble droid that was essentially Jedi property at one point?

Is it even possible to be a Jedi without being Force Sensitive by the rules of Saga?

Oh, and No.

Ascension
2008-12-08, 01:27 AM
No. Honestly; it all sounds a bit clichéd to me. As does a lightsaber wielding droid. I like villains that throw characters off, are unexpected. Things that they haven't seen before, especially in the movies. I remember throwing a pair of lightsaber wielding droids into one of my SW games once, and simultaneously 3/5 of my Players next sentences involved the words; "Grievous" and/or "General".

GRIEVOUS IS NOT A DROID. He is a cyborg. It drives me nuts when people forget the organic component there. The only lightsaber-wielding droids in canon are various training droids plus a droid who exists only as a fighting game character (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EG-5_Jedi_Hunter_droid).

My hopes for this thread are now officially dead.

I won't blame you for giving up on this particular thread, but I hope you'll come back if I continue the series. I figure one Jedi droid should be enough to sate the masses for a while, and we might get an adversary more to your taste out of the next round of voting.

I think I can make it work, as silly an idea as it is.

If it goes that way, I sense a Grievous- or Aurra Singh-level convoluted plot about being a Jedi-hunting Jedi droid vampire bounty hunter whose mind was scooped out and implanted in a metal body after he/she single handedly landed a crashing Star Destroyer in the middle of an acid lake while outrunning the first Yuuzan Vong scouts before they---I HATE THE EU.

I won't do anything like that. I'm not too fond of some of the EU's... excesses myself.

Is it even possible to be a Jedi without being Force Sensitive by the rules of Saga?

Technically yes, as long as your first level isn't in the Jedi class.

If you'd like to hear them, the basic seeds* I have in my mind right now are...

1.) If the droid is not Force sensitive and the era allows: Given the popularity of the Noble option, this droid would be a Noble/Jedi multiclass, built as a sparring partner for a Tapani saber rake (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saber_rake).

2.) If the droid is Force sensitive and Rise of the Empire wins the era voting: The droid will be a one-of-a-kind prototype built by the CIS and will replicate some Force abilities through technological means. Though successful, it was judged too expensive for production.

3.) If the droid is Force sensitive and the era is later than Rise of the Empire... Surprise! It isn't really a droid. It's one of the Iron Knights (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Knight), a Force sensitive Shard (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shard).

If it's Force sensitive and was built prior to the Prequels, though, I don't know what I'll do.

Thankfully the No votes seem to be in the majority at the moment.

*All of these concepts are subject to massive change based on your voting. You're still in control here, these are just a few of my preliminary ideas.

UnChosenOne
2008-12-08, 01:41 AM
No force sensitive.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-08, 04:54 AM
No Force sensitivity please.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-08, 06:30 AM
GRIEVOUS IS NOT A BALLOON. He's an airship!

Fixed.

What?

*Plummets to Death*

Ascension
2008-12-08, 07:21 AM
I'm going to go ahead and hurry to the next stage while No Force Sensitivity still has a strong lead. :smallbiggrin:

Now... How evil do you want this droid? Let the Dark Side score voting commence!

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-08, 07:27 AM
High Dark Side please.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-08, 07:34 AM
Mid - enough to be not Evil with a capital 'E', just misguided.

UnChosenOne
2008-12-08, 07:55 AM
High. And you dirty litel ********. How you dare to sabotage our attempt to sabotage this vote up?

Pronounceable
2008-12-08, 10:13 AM
If you say a jedi/sith is an option, it's not an option. It's a foregone conclusion. Blasted jediphiles...
:smallsigh:
And a jedi droid? What's the galaxy coming to?

I'll hold out hope for a wee little bit longer, but I'm unhappy with the result. Not that it's important in the grand scheme of things...

Voting low for dark side.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-08, 10:26 AM
Mid

Mushroom Ninja
2008-12-08, 11:03 AM
Mid darkside

No real reason

Vic_Sage
2008-12-08, 11:13 AM
Mid Darkside

Would be alot more interesting if he's well intentioned but misguided.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-08, 11:15 AM
Can we do a vote for first level?

Ascension
2008-12-08, 11:52 AM
Can we do a vote for first level?

You already did, sort of. Since I can't take Jedi first level I'm planning on going on to the second most popular option: Noble.

Athaniar
2008-12-08, 01:59 PM
High. Me is wanting evil droid.

Mewtarthio
2008-12-08, 04:19 PM
High 10char

Mando Knight
2008-12-08, 04:43 PM
The square root of the sum of the squares of its Wisdom and Intelligence Modifiers. Just to be odd.

...yes, it'll form a right triangle with the Wis and Int modifiers.

It'll probably also be Low.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-12-08, 07:21 PM
Mid
Well-intentioned villain.

Drakefall
2008-12-09, 08:41 AM
Low. He's a lazy droid and has only just begun down the path of villainy!

Ascension
2008-12-09, 08:48 AM
I'm going to call it. Mid it is. So we have a moderately evil droid. Now it's time to vote for era (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_publishing_eras)!

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-09, 08:49 AM
Rebellion - Its a classic

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-09, 08:59 AM
New Jedi Order... because the galaxy needs psychotic YVH Droids (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YVH_1) with lightsabres.

Liliedhe
2008-12-09, 09:04 AM
Legacy Era

Because then I will never, ever meet it. :smalltongue:

Ascension
2008-12-09, 09:07 AM

I'm still convinced this concept is salvageable!

Zeta Kai
2008-12-09, 09:12 AM
I shall vote for the Rebellion Era. And all concepts are valid, as long as they are written well. Good luck, Ascension.

Drakefall
2008-12-09, 09:15 AM
New Jedi Order... because the galaxy needs psychotic YVH Droids (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YVH_1) with lightsabres.

No terminator droids!:smalltongue:

But I do agree on the era. New Jedi Order for me please.

Mando Knight
2008-12-09, 09:20 AM
Legacy Era

Agreed. I vote the same.

Ascension
2008-12-09, 09:21 AM
Agreed. I vote the same.

Oh ye of little faith.

Or is it just that you don't want to fight another droid with a saber after R45-CO?

Pronounceable
2008-12-09, 09:37 AM
Old republic, which spans an absurdly long time in which crazy crap like this might've flown.

I'm really wondering if this'll turn out to be anything halfway decent.

UnChosenOne
2008-12-09, 11:00 AM
Old republic.

Mando Knight
2008-12-09, 11:07 AM
Or is it just that you don't want to fight another droid with a saber after R45-CO?

Not until I get to Elite Trooper 9, and you let me have cortosis-weave armor.

Or until you let me use a droid like this one (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=88748).

Ascension
2008-12-09, 11:09 AM
Not until I get to Elite Trooper 9, and you let me have cortosis-weave armor.

This shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Or until you let me use a droid like this one (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=88748).

This would be. That thing's insane.

archmage45
2008-12-09, 11:18 AM
Old Republic

Mando Knight
2008-12-09, 11:30 AM
This would be. That thing's insane.

And on top of that, in another game (in which I'm using it), the machine is The Designated Informant Of Your Meatbag Status.

Athaniar
2008-12-09, 01:37 PM
I'll be bold and vote for New Republic. Possibly something Thrawn worked up.

Mewtarthio
2008-12-09, 01:44 PM
I'm going to vote for the Rakatan Infinite Empire, please.

...Nah, I'm just messing with you. Seriously, that's not my vote. Discount the vote for Rakatan Infinite Empire. I'm voting Rise of the Empire, preferably late in the era.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-09, 02:40 PM
Legacy Era for me.

But I'm fine with anything but Old Republic era.

Ascension
2008-12-09, 03:02 PM
I'm going to vote for the Rakatan Infinite Empire, please.

Right. Because a droid built before the establishment of the Jedi Order will obviously have levels in the Jedi class. :smalltongue: It's a good thing you changed your vote.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-09, 03:13 PM
Right. Because a droid built before the establishment of the Jedi Order will obviously have levels in the Jedi class. :smalltongue: It's a good thing you changed your vote.
*Sigh* Just cause your in the Jedi class it does not make you a Jedi.

Ascension
2008-12-09, 03:23 PM
*Sigh* Just cause your in the Jedi class it does not make you a Jedi.

Right you are, but a droid would gain no benefit from it. With no Force sensitivity and no lightsabers (as they haven't been invented yet) and not even Sith alchemical weapons (without significant fudging) would gain absolutely nothing from the Jedi class except for full BAB.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-09, 03:32 PM
Right you are, but a droid would gain no benefit from it. With no Force sensitivity and no lightsabers (as they haven't been invented yet) and not even Sith alchemical weapons (without significant fudging) would gain absolutely nothing from the Jedi class except for full BAB.
There are a few talents in the Jedi class that don't require UTF checks :smalltongue:

Ascension
2008-12-09, 04:40 PM
There are a few talents in the Jedi class that don't require UTF checks :smalltongue:

Okay, okay, you're right. With no sensitivity and no lightsaber, a Rakatan droid could still take: Adept Negotiator, Skilled Advisor, Acrobatic Recovery, Battle Meditation(!), Elusive Target, Resilience, Improved Battle Meditation(!!), Sentinel's Gambit, Cleanse Mind, Force of Will, Mobile Combatant, and Steel Resolve.

But I still think it's a bad idea.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-09, 04:49 PM
How is it a bad idea? Its very easy to see a Droid that was built to emulate jedi/Jennassari/Shion Sa traditions and Droid Bounty Hunters or other independent Droids that pick up things for survival or to better understand concepts such as the Force.

Ascension
2008-12-09, 04:55 PM
I'm saying that a Rakatan "Jedi" droid would be a bad idea. I'm not saying that a "Jedi" droid, in and of itself, is a bad idea. I just think it should be built later.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-09, 04:57 PM
All right I'll give you that *I really don't know to much about stuff pre Old Republic*

Ascension
2008-12-10, 12:26 AM
I'm calling an end to the Era voting because I'd like to exploit the current tie. I will create two stat blocks for the droid, one for the KotOR era, shortly after its construction, and one for the Legacy era, thousands of years afterwards. With this in mind I'm going to split the Motivation and CL voting. When we come to that you'll vote for two Motivations and two CLs, one for each era. The Legacy CL can either be higher due to experience (millennia of experience) and possible upgrades or lower due to degradation of programming, parts, etc over the long, long, long years.

For the moment, though, we're voting on something that will be the same in both eras. Planet of manufacture. Feel free to nominate any world that would have droid construction capability at some point during the KotOR era.

Pronounceable
2008-12-10, 01:51 AM
If I was mean, I'd vote Dagobah or Kashykk. But since I'm such a nice guy, I'll actually use logic and vote Coruscant.

Ascension
2008-12-10, 01:53 AM
I specified planets with droid-production capability, you'll note. I'm throwing out clearly frivolous nominations unless given an explanation of how one would make it work.

But anyway, Coruscant needs no such defense. +1 for the Big C.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-10, 01:53 AM
Part of me wants to say Khomm, the other Gand, aw screw it, I vote Kaut.

Ascension
2008-12-10, 01:54 AM
You mean Kuat?

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-10, 04:26 AM
1 for Balmorra please.

Liliedhe
2008-12-10, 05:17 AM
For several reasons I'll vote Vjun.

Pretty little creepy planet for pretty little creepy droid.

Athaniar
2008-12-10, 06:14 AM
I vote Csilla.

archmage45
2008-12-10, 07:34 AM
Another vote for Vjun.

UnChosenOne
2008-12-10, 08:52 AM
Vjun. It just sound that i should vote it.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-10, 09:12 AM
Coruscant

Drakefall
2008-12-10, 11:12 AM
Coruscant! If the droid is going to be some sort of amalgamation of evil noble and dark jedi then this would be a fitting planet for him to be born/built.

Mewtarthio
2008-12-11, 05:21 PM
Old Republic? Right around KotoR? The obvious choice is Dantooine. After all, we're talking about a Jedi droid.

Ascension
2008-12-11, 05:23 PM
Old Republic? Right around KotoR?

Technically the Old Republic Era covers thousands of years. But yes, since most people's games in that era are around the time of the KotOR games I'll probably have the droid's construction more or less coincide with them.

Mando Knight
2008-12-11, 05:24 PM
I specified planets with droid-production capability, you'll note. I'm throwing out clearly frivolous nominations unless given an explanation of how one would make it work.

Dang it. I was going to vote for the Maw...

Fondor.

UnChosenOne
2008-12-12, 06:49 AM
I change my vote from Vjun to Coruscant.

Ascension
2008-12-12, 06:54 AM
And that tips it to Coruscant. I'll have a list of possible motivations up shortly.

Motivations now up! Please vote for two, one for each era.

archmage45
2008-12-12, 07:22 AM
Old Republic
Service - Sith

Legacy
Droid Revolution

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-12, 09:50 AM
Old Republic- Genocide (or maybe it should be Xenocide)

Legacy- Service (Sith)

Liliedhe
2008-12-12, 11:35 AM
Old Republic - Justice

Legacy - Boredom

Drakefall
2008-12-12, 11:46 AM
Old Republic: Droid Revolution

Legacy: Boredom

Initially motivated by the desire to promote equality for droids, Droid X was soon swayed down the path of darkness and destruction by uncaring and hostile meatbags. By researching and adapting ancient Sith fighting styles and causing galactic strife and unrest through political machinations, Droid X prepared and set the scene for the violent Droid Revolution of 1984. The droids were, however, defeated all to easily by their meatbag masters and Droid X went into hiding. As the centuries past his revolutionist fervour diminished and he sought new, more sinister, pursuits to occupy his time and abilities...

Er.. or some silly fluff like that:smalltongue:

Mewtarthio
2008-12-12, 11:57 AM
Technically the Old Republic Era covers thousands of years. But yes, since most people's games in that era are around the time of the KotOR games I'll probably have the droid's construction more or less coincide with them.

Yes, but I was referring to the fact that you said to nominate any planet with droid-making capabilities "at some point during the KotoR era."

Old Republic: Service (Sith)
Legacy: Dark Side

Mando Knight
2008-12-12, 12:00 PM
Double Boredom! Once for KotOR, once for Legacy.

Ascension
2008-12-12, 12:02 PM
Yes, but I was referring to the fact that you said to nominate any planet with droid-making capabilities "at some point during the KotoR era."

I did? I mean Old Republic, without the "Knights of."

*facepalm*

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-12, 12:49 PM
Justice

Boredom

Athaniar
2008-12-12, 02:40 PM
Genocide - Boredom sounds good.

Vic_Sage
2008-12-12, 05:37 PM
Justice

Boredom

UnChosenOne
2008-12-13, 04:55 AM
Old Republic:Service (Sith) Legacy:Dark Side

Pronounceable
2008-12-13, 09:30 PM
Double droid revolution, coming right up (hopefully). Let's have ourselves a rebel with a cause.

Ascension
2008-12-15, 01:03 AM
Motivation voting's over. So, our Jedi droid is motivated in the Old Republic Era by both a burning desire to mete out JUSTICE(!) and an obligation to serve the Sith. By the Legacy Era Boredom is its only driving force.

Now we're voting for its CL. Again, please vote for two, one for Old Republic and one for Legacy.

UnChosenOne
2008-12-15, 01:22 AM
CL 21+ and CL 21+.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-15, 06:10 AM
I agree with this, we need epic droids, the galaxy needs epic droids:

CL21+ and CL21+ please.

Drakefall
2008-12-15, 06:20 AM
CL16 and CL21+

He should get stronger as the centuries wash over him!

Liliedhe
2008-12-15, 06:50 AM
Are you crazy? I might get to fight this thing :smalltongue:

Ah, what the heck...

Let's throw in another vote for CL 21+ for Old Republic, but CL 15 for Legacy - being bored doesn't mean striving for self improvement anymore.

archmage45
2008-12-15, 08:09 AM
Cl 15

Cl 21+

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-15, 12:12 PM

15* *

Drakefall
2008-12-15, 12:55 PM
being bored doesn't mean striving for self improvement anymore.

The way I see it droids don't really have to strive much to attain self improvement creating situations along the "Meh. I'm bored... I'm gonna go look for a new dexterity attachment modifier thingy" line. Self improvement made made easy:smalltongue:

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-15, 12:59 PM
The way I see it droids don't really have to strive much to attain self improvement creating situations along the "Meh. I'm bored... I'm gonna go look for a new dexterity attachment modifier thingy" line. Self improvement made made easy:smalltongue:

Maybe, but on the other hand, that could involve keeping a constant eye on the markets- weighing up components and/or software from multiple competing manufacturers, etc. So about as much effort as upgrading a computer today (bare minimum).

Mando Knight
2008-12-15, 01:04 PM

15* *

Eh, sure, why not.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-16, 01:17 PM
Remember, vote for 16&15

Ascension
2008-12-16, 04:16 PM
I'm going to call this to a close. We have a tie between 16 and 21+ for the Old Republic... I'm going to draw up two Old Republic stat blocks, one for the Jedi Civil War and one for a couple thousand years afterward, around the time of the New Sith Wars.

Product coming... soon.

Ascension
2008-12-20, 01:55 AM
I took a few minor liberties with the voting, mostly in the area of class (especially for the Jedi Civil War model), Dark Side score (for the New Sith War model), and motivation (the generic 42R doesn't have much JUSTICE! in its programming and R1 serves no man) but I think the resulting droid(s) turned out pretty well.

I also flat-out broke the rules to allow a one level dip into Jedi Knight and a self-constructed lightsaber for the 42Rs. Hope you don't mind too much...

HK-42-R (Jedi Civil War)
CL 16

Stats

Medium droid (4th-degree) Noble 5/Jedi 5/Jedi Knight 1/Officer 5
Force 12; Dark Side 5
Init +19; Senses darkvision, low-light vision; Perception +15
Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese, Mando'a, Sith
Defenses Ref 35 (flat-footed 29), Fort 29, Will 31; Lightsaber Defense, Command Cover
hp 80; Threshold 29
Immune droid traits
Speed 6 squares (walking), 6 squares (hovering)
Melee lightsaber +22 (2d8+8) or
Melee lightsaber +20 (3d8+8) with rapid strike or
Melee lightsaber +17 (2d8+8) and
lightsaber +17 (2d8+8) with double strike or
Melee lightsaber +15 (3d8+8) and
lightsaber +15 (3d8+8) with double strike and rapid strike or
Melee lightsaber +12 (2d8+8) and
lightsaber +12 (2d8+8) and
lightsaber +12 (2d8+8) with triple strike or
Melee lightsaber +10 (3d8+8) and
lightsaber +10 (3d8+8) and
lightsaber +10 (3d8+8) with triple strike and rapid strike or
Ranged by weapon +20
Base Atk +14; Grp 20
Atk Options Rapid Strike, Double Attack (lightsabers), Triple Attack (lightsabers), Melee Defense, Running Attack, Accelerated Strike
Special Actions Born Leader, Inspire Confidence, Assault Tactics, Deployment Tactics, Field Tactics, Share Inspire Confidence, Share Field Tactics
Abilities Str 11, Dex 22, Con --, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 18
Talents Born Leader, Inspire Confidence, Distant Command, Lightsaber Defense x3, Makashi, Assault Tactics, Deployment Tactics, Field Tactics
Feats Linguist, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple, lightsabers), Skill Focus (Persuasion), Weapon Finesse, Rapid Strike, Melee Defense, Improved Defenses, Running Attack, Double Attack (lightsabers), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Accelerated Strike, Triple Attack (lightsabers)
Skills Deception +17, Initiative +19, Knowledge (tactics) +14, Perception +15, Persuasion +22, Pilot +19, Use Computer +14
Systems walking locomotion, magnetic feet, hovering locomotion, heuristic processor, 2 hand appendages, darkvision, improved sensor package, translator unit (DC 5), vocabulator, locked access, integrated comlink, secondary battery
Possessions lightsaber (self-built)

Story

Note that I've left the matter of who exactly is responsible for the 42Rs' production rather vague. This is so you can fit the 42R more easily into your individual campaigns. Maybe one of your important NPCs was the one who set the plan in motion?

From the very start of the Revanchist movement it was clear that Revan's followers were just as dedicated to him as they were to his ideals, if not more so. When his forces' involvement in the Mandalorian Wars began, it became obvious that any battlefield graced by Revan himself would inevitably produce victory for the Revanchists. When Revan later claimed the Darth title and took to wearing face-and-body-concealing armor, several of his advisors saw his new garb as the key to exploiting Revan's personality cult. Armor can be duplicated far more easily than a face...

The original plan was to simply dress a few propaganda officers in Revan-like armor, but finding other humans capable of imitating Revan's voice proved to be more trouble than it was worth. Ultimately the plotters decided to utilize droid impersonators, whose vocabulators would be precisely tuned to match Revan's strident tones. The enhanced expendability of droids compared to human mimics also enabled the use of the robotic Revans as decoys to help confound would-be assassins.

The duplicate droids, then, would need to be able to lead armies, inspire troops, and ward off professional killers. They would need to possess more charisma than the most charming protocol droid and better fighting skill than any other man-sized battle droid... it was a tall order. The scheming Sith knew of only one model of droid that even came close to combining the dual roles of negotiator and killer in something like an effective manner: The HK-24. Revan himself was fond of the HK series, as evinced by his construction of HK-47, his own personal assassin droid, in its predecessors' image. The 24, it was decided, would make a fine base model for Revan's doppelgangers.

A few greased palms later a secret automated production facility, buried deep in the Factory District of Coruscant, began to churn out heavily upgraded HK units. They were designated HK-42s by the engineers responsible for their updates. Once delivered to the Sith these HK-42s were further upgraded and given a new facade in order to match the image of Darth Revan. From there they went on to receive individual training in lightsaber combat from high-ranking Sith. After that a special program was uploaded into them, a program based on Revan's speech patterns, catch-phrases, rhetorical techniques, that sort of thing... a comprehensive style guide to aid the droids in their inspirational speaking role.

Once completed the droids were rushed to the front to help lead the Sith in what became known as the Jedi Civil War. To the grunts Revan's apparent omnipresence merely inflated his legend. To those with high enough security clearance to know what was going on, the "Robo Revans" became a joke. Still, their effectiveness was undeniable.

Tactics and Use

HK-42-Rs will always be accompanied either at the head of a Sith army or, if serving as decoys rather than generals, a hand-picked squad of elite bodyguards. They should never be encountered alone. They will not enter combat personally until the opponent has demonstrated a threatening level of power... until approximately 25% of the force under the HK-42-R's command has been defeated. They will generally attempt a quick but inaccurate fusillade of blows first, and if that fails to penetrate the opponent's defenses they will attempt a fighting retreat, using lightsaber defense, melee defense, and running attack to (hopefully) withdraw without being overwhelmed. While seeing "Revan" retreat may be demoralizing, it would be far worse for the troops to see "Revan" die, so self-preservation is one of the droids' top priorities. This, combined with the droids' natural agility, can make them rather hard to dispose of.

HK-42-R1 (New Sith Wars)
CL 22

Stats

Medium droid (4th-degree) Noble 5/Jedi 5/Jedi Knight 1/Independent Droid 5/Melee Duelist 6
Force 12; Dark Side 8
Init +17; Senses darkvision, low-light vision; Perception +18
Languages Basic, Binary, Bizka
Defenses Ref 43 (flat-footed 37), Fort 35, Will 37; Lightsaber Defense
hp 114; Threshold 35
Immune droid traits
Melee lightsaber +26 (2d8+23) or
Melee lightsaber +24 (3d8+23) with rapid strike or
Melee lightsaber +21 (2d8+23) and
lightsaber +21 (2d8+23) with double strike or
Melee lightsaber +19 (3d8+23) and
lightsaber +19 (3d8+23) with double strike and rapid strike or
Melee lightsaber +16 (2d8+23) and
lightsaber +16 (2d8+23) and
lightsaber +16 (2d8+23) with triple strike or
Melee lightsaber +14 (3d8+23) and
lightsaber +14 (3d8+23) and
lightsaber +14 (3d8+23) with triple strike and rapid strike or
Ranged by weapon +24
Base Atk +18; Grp 24
Atk Options Rapid Strike, Double Attack (lightsabers), Triple Attack (lightsabers), Melee Defense, Running Attack, Single Weapon Flourish I, Single Weapon Flourish II, Severing Strike
Special Actions Presence, Weaken Resolve, Demand Surrender, Master of Movement
Abilities Str 11, Dex 23, Con --, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 19
Talents Presence, Weaken Resolve, Demand Surrender, Lightsaber Defense x3, Severing Strike, Modification Specialist, Soft Reset, Repair Self, Single Weapon Flourish I, Master of Elegance, Single Weapon Flourish II
Feats Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple, lightsabers), Skill Focus (Persuasion), Weapon Finesse, Rapid Strike, Melee Defense, Improved Defenses, Running Attack, Double Attack (lightsabers), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Skill Training (Mechanics, Jump), Triple Attack (lightsabers), Gearhead, Quick Skill
Skills Deception +20, Initiative +17, Gather Information +20, Jump +16, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +17, Mechanics +17, Perception +18, Persuasion +25, Pilot +22, Use Computer +17
Systems walking locomotion, magnetic feet, jump servos, hovering locomotion, heuristic processor, 2 hand appendages, darkvision, improved sensor package, translator unit (DC 5), vocabulator, locked access, integrated comlink, secondary battery
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), tool kit

Story

Note: Details about Bizka are fuzzy for a reason. Make it whatever sort of planet you'd like, terrain-wise and culture-wise. While you're at it, go ahead and make its inhabitants whatever you'd like as well... just as long as they don't grow back limbs.

The R1 unit was the only 42R who actually learned lightsaber combat directly from Revan. But that wasn't all it learned. Revan did something to the R1, something he did to his other personal HK unit as well. He gave R1 a personality. Since even in the throes of corruption he was convinced his way was the right way, he gave R1 a strong sense of justice and a willingness to enforce it.

After Revan was captured by the Jedi and Malak assumed command of the Sith the Robo Revans were immediately decommissioned. The seed of independence Revan had planted in R1, though, was enough to enable the droid to abandon the treacherous Sith and preserve his existence. The ship he was occupying at the time of his would-be decommissioning, though, was not so lucky, and he found himself stranded on a primitive backwater world called Bizka.

It took years for him to learn how to repair himself, reprogram himself, rebuild himself, and he was forced to cannibalize a great deal of what remained of his ship in the process, but eventually he was whole again. He rose from the wreckage a new droid, free from servitude.

He came down from his mountain to observe the people of Bizka. He found a corrupt society, rife with the injustice Revan taught him to hate. He also found a primitive society, incapable of dealing with any modern battle droid, much less a highly advanced battle droid. Subjugating the planet was almost too easy for R1.

Once in command of the planet R1 ruled how Revan had taught him to rule: through fear. He never killed when he could cripple instead, leaving visible signs of the effect of his wrath all across the planet. His penchant for severing limbs earned him the moniker "Butcher of Bizka."

After two centuries The Butcher of Bizka began to introduce advanced technology to his people. He calculated that their fear of their now-obviously-immortal emperor was great enough to prevent them from turning their newly modernized weaponry on him. Soon Bizka was brought near the standard of the rest of the galaxy, if not quite to it, and The Butcher began to expand his empire.

By the time of the New Sith Wars the Bizkan Empire spans several star systems. Its technology is equal to that of the rest of the galaxy in most respects, but the presence of droids other than the Emperor is strictly forbidden. Any visiting droids are summarily executed, dissected, and turned into spare parts for The Butcher. Prosthetic limbs are also unavailable within the Empire, ensuring that The Butcher's victims' missing limbs are constantly on display. A few committed rebels have been reduced to little more than a limbless torso.

Tactics and Use

Emperor R1 will only be difficult to reach if the party is unwilling to let itself be captured. R1 takes some sort of pleasure in dispensing all justice himself, and he will personally deal with any and all prisoners, no matter how greatly doing so may inconvenience him.

The Butcher of Bizka never fights to kill, not when he has an opportunity to turn his opponents into examples instead. He makes great use of Weaken Resolve, Demand Surrender, and, of course, his signature Severing Strike to crush enemies' will without completely crushing their bodies.

HK-42-R1 (Legacy)
CL 26

Stats

Medium droid (4th-degree) Noble 5/Jedi 5/Jedi Knight 1/Independent Droid 5/Melee Duelist 10
Force 12; Dark Side 5
Init +20; Senses darkvision, low-light vision; Perception +20
Languages Basic, Binary, Bizka
Defenses Ref 48 (flat-footed 42), Fort 39, Will 41; Lightsaber Defense
hp 130; Threshold 39
Immune droid traits
Melee lightsaber +31 (2d8+27) or
Melee lightsaber +29 (3d8+27) with rapid strike or
Melee lightsaber +26 (2d8+27) and
lightsaber +26 (2d8+27) with double strike or
Melee lightsaber +24 (3d8+27) and
lightsaber +24 (3d8+27) with double strike and rapid strike or
Melee lightsaber +21 (2d8+27) and
lightsaber +21 (2d8+27) and
lightsaber +21 (2d8+27) with triple strike or
Melee lightsaber +21 (3d8+27) and
lightsaber +21 (3d8+27) and
lightsaber +21 (3d8+27) with triple strike and rapid strike or
Ranged by weapon +28
Base Atk +22; Grp 29
Atk Options Rapid Strike, Double Attack (lightsabers), Triple Attack (lightsabers), Melee Defense, Running Attack, Single Weapon Flourish I, Single Weapon Flourish II, Severing Strike, Leading Feint, Dirty Tricks, Out of Nowhere
Special Actions Presence, Master of Movement
Abilities Str 11, Dex 24, Con --, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 20
Talents Presence, Noble Fencing Style, Leading Feint, Lightsaber Defense x3, Severing Strike, Modification Specialist, Soft Reset, Repair Self, Single Weapon Flourish I, Master of Elegance, Single Weapon Flourish II, Dirty Tricks, Out of Nowhere
Feats Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple, lightsabers), Skill Focus (Persuasion), Weapon Finesse, Rapid Strike, Melee Defense, Improved Defenses, Running Attack, Double Attack (lightsabers), Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Skill Training (mechanics, jump), Triple Attack (lightsabers), Gearhead, Quick Skill, Skill Focus (deception)
Skills Deception +28, Gather Information +23, Initiative +20, Jump +18, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +19, Mechanics +19, Perception +20, Persuasion +25, Pilot +22, Use Computer +17
Systems walking locomotion, magnetic feet, jump servos, hovering locomotion, heuristic processor, 2 hand appendages, darkvision, improved sensor package, translator unit (DC 5), vocabulator, locked access, integrated comlink, secondary battery
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), tool kit

Story

"Bizka" they call him. Just Bizka. He is more than an Emperor, he is an Empire. And what an empire it is. After millennia of service to a single master, the whole of the Bizkan Empire has been molded to perfectly conform to the ancient droid's programming. It is, by Revan's, and thus R1's, standards, a perfectly just society. And it has stood for so long that almost no one is willing to question it. It runs like a droid: coldly, efficiently, tirelessly.

But the droid at its heart has grown quite tired indeed. R1 is beginning to slip into madness. His habitual self-reprogramming only exacerbates the situation. He dreams of termination, but his self-preservation protocols are still too strong to allow him to deliberately undertake suicidal actions. Instead he has begun to let other things slip. Though he maintains the facade of The Butcher, anyone willing to look past the propaganda can see that almost no one is being maimed by the Emperor anymore. And he no longer has the ferocity that once forced enemies to flee before him. Instead there is something in him that feels quite out of place in a droid, especially in a droid known for brutal enforcement of the law: unpredictability.

Tactics and Use

The fluctuation of R1's personality has grown quite intense lately. It threatens to destabilize the galaxy's most stable government, to topple the Bizkan Empire. His small inner circle has grown quite concerned, and has begun to quietly seek out aid.

When confronted R1 will behave erratically, with the only constant in his fighting style being a tendency to feint wildly. The monotony of ruling a perfect empire has driven him mad, and, though his programming will not allow him to admit it, he seeks nothing more than a long-overdue death... but he has not been able to find anyone in his empire capable of standing against him.

Pronounceable
2008-12-20, 11:27 AM
Much as I was skeptical about a droid with force, this one turned out good. Or maybe that's Revanchist in me speaking. Anyway, I like droid stunt doubles for rulers.

All in all, a good job.