PDA

View Full Version : Now You Too Can Treat Mental Patients (That Happen to be Cute Stuffed Animals)

InkEyes
2008-12-07, 02:20 PM
Paraplüsch: Psychiatry for Cuddlytoys (http://www.parapluesch.de/#)

I came across this a while ago and I thought I should share. The site is in German, but if you click the Union Jack/American flag it will translate to English.

Basically, a psychiatrist has set up a clinic for abused toys and has been called away. So you are left to dictate the treatment of five little toys: Kroko the crocodile, Dolly the sheep, Lilo the hippo, Sly the snake, and Dub the turtle.

Sure it's probably not completely accurate, but it's a fun puzzle game. Try different things in a particular order to help the patient. You can treat the patients in any order you want.

Two notes: if it gets to the point where none of the treatments are working on a patient, the only think left to do might be to use the electroshock machine that's hidden under the bed. Once the patient is attached to the machine, they can't be removed until you repeatedly press the red button, so be careful what treatments you try.

Also, Dub was added on after I last played so I haven't finished his treatment, but I've done all the others a few times so I can help if anyone is stuck.

How many patients can you treat?

SurlySeraph
2008-12-07, 03:56 PM
:eek: Creepiest... game premise... ever.

Zenos
2008-12-07, 04:03 PM
Wierd, slightly funny.

Mx.Silver
2008-12-07, 04:10 PM
How many patients can you treat?

All of them except Dub (who I can get to a point where he's almost treated, but then all options cease to function). Professional Advice suggests that he requries time, which leads me to suspect his part hasn't been completely written yet. Either way, decent game although a bit psychoanalitic for my tastes (in reality, dream analysis is not the answer to everything).

InkEyes
2008-12-07, 04:21 PM
All of them except Dub (who I can get to a point where he's almost treated, but then all options cease to function). Professional Advice suggests that he requries time, which leads me to suspect his part hasn't been completely written yet. Either way, decent game although a bit psychoanalitic for my tastes (in reality, dream analysis is not the answer to everything).

That's exactly the problem I had; I tried leaving him alone for a while but nothing had changed after I treated someone else.

I also agree about the psychoanalysis, but I suppose it would be pretty difficult to give good background to each critter while still making the game simple and enjoyable. I think that's why the game designer decided to use dreams as a form of flashbacks.

TheLogman
2008-12-07, 05:26 PM
I played this a long while ago. Pretty good.