PDA

View Full Version : Haley coming back to the fight (possible spoilers)

Snow
2008-12-07, 03:50 PM
How many of you think that Celia and Haley can run into the cleric of Loki when leaving the house and get Haley healed?

Grey Watcher
2008-12-07, 03:58 PM
How many of you think that Celia and Haley can run into the cleric of Loki when leaving the house and get Haley healed?

Tough call. The Cleric is going to be doing his best to keep a low profile (to keep his church from doing what the Theives' Guild just failed to do, so he'll probably be difficult to find.

I'm not basing this on anything but...

(speculation ahoy!)

... my gut says no, Haley and Celia won't be coming back to this particular battle. Haley, Celia, Belkar, and Mr. Scruffy will all escape and regroup somewhere to heal and get ready for the next step (whatever that may be). Bozzok and Crystal will, I think, survive the encounter and become a major obstacle in the Quest to Retrieve Roy's Corpse. With much of their Guild dead at the hands of 1/3 of the Order, Haley should have a lot more room to maneuver in Greysky City than she did before (i.e. no more hiding in basements).

Of course, I could be flat wrong. I was among those betting that Miko would cry in #251 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0251.html).

By the way, for future reference, speculation threads should have the word "spoiler" somewhere in their title. I added it in for you.

raphfrk
2008-12-07, 04:03 PM
For her to re-enter the fight, she also needs a new bow (or maybe a melee weapon).

TengYt
2008-12-07, 04:09 PM
She has a Sap. Plus there's a big pile of Rogue corpses near the enterance, ripe for looting.

ABB
2008-12-07, 04:56 PM
I think Haley also needs a cure for her new haircut. I wonder if there are any spells to cover that sort of thing.

You know, if you think about it, in the DnD world I'd bet there would be magical beauty salons, seriously. I mean, if a guy can just touch someone, holler "CURE MAJOR WOUNDS!" and heal an enormous laceration or broken bone, not to mention apparently making blood appear in the victim's veins to replace what he'd lost, then making someone's hair or skin look good ought to be a snap.

Given what women spend on vanity products in the real world, there'd be money to be made from a salon that could magically make women look better, and you can bet someone would be doing it, with spells like "Aphrodite's skin!" or "Hair of gold!" spells being rattled off several times a day.

As for guys, forget that smelly gym! Just go on down to the spell spa and get "Buffness of hercules!" cast on you. (I shudder to think about the market for "Male enhancement" spells...Nah, just forget it, I see so many commercials for that crap in the real world it makes me wanna shoot the people making them..)

TheSummoner
2008-12-07, 05:06 PM
Personally, I'm more concerned about Hank, Yor, and the others returning to the fray. Best case scenerio as I see it is our heroes make their escape and regroup, possibly getting Elan and Durkon back, and then go for Roy's body.

I think Haley also needs a cure for her new haircut. I wonder if there are any spells to cover that sort of thing.

I agree... I really don't like short hair... on anyone lol

As for guys, forget that smelly gym! Just go on down to the spell spa and get "Buffness of hercules!" cast on you. (I shudder to think about the market for "Male enhancement" spells...Nah, just forget it, I see so many commercials for that crap in the real world it makes me wanna shoot the people making them..)

Pass the Brain Bleach please!

David Argall
2008-12-07, 07:17 PM
Not impossible. Haley owes the cleric quite a bit of coin, so he may try to find her before leaving town. But he may well have figured that Haley is a deadbeat, due to being dead, and is now nowhere near Pete's place.

I'd say better odds are that Celia or Haley still have a few healing potions.

The standard idea would be that the heroine beats her rival, which argues we are going to see another Haley-Crystal fight. However, our writer has shown that sort of logic doesn't always hold in OOTS. Still, the idea of Belkar fleeing and another fight later is more reasonable than I first thought.

Mo_the_Hawked
2008-12-07, 07:25 PM
Nah, man Haley can rock the short hair, hell she'll make it look good.

Linkavitch
2008-12-07, 10:23 PM
I don't think that she'll be coming back. She's probably really low on hit points, so it would be suicide to come back, unless they could get few healing potions.

Captain Six
2008-12-09, 03:04 AM

You know, if you think about it, in the DnD world I'd bet there would be magical beauty salons, seriously. I mean, if a guy can just touch someone, holler "CURE MAJOR WOUNDS!" and heal an enormous laceration or broken bone, not to mention apparently making blood appear in the victim's veins to replace what he'd lost, then making someone's hair or skin look good ought to be a snap.

Given what women spend on vanity products in the real world, there'd be money to be made from a salon that could magically make women look better, and you can bet someone would be doing it, with spells like "Aphrodite's skin!" or "Hair of gold!" spells being rattled off several times a day.

For the buffness not so much, that has mechanical benefit. As for cosmetic care good ol' Prestidigitation has you covered.

theinsulabot
2008-12-09, 09:15 AM
i am not entirely sure haley can come back. can you even force someone to drink if they are at negative and bleeding?

rayne_dragon
2008-12-09, 11:04 AM

You're looking for the Book of Erotic Fantasy. If I recall correctly it covers everything you've mentioned (and more). So these things do exist in D&D... they just tend to be in sourcebooks that most people don't tend to use.

Milanius
2008-12-09, 12:20 PM
Celia and Haley fly right into Loki's Cleric, who is now all done with beating Pete's scull to bits or red and grey. Since Cleric can't ask anything out of them BEFORE they've got actual money, they convince him once again to aid them; thus, he heals Haley, while Belkar is holding his own against 2 deadly assassins.

Now, Haley can find *some* replacement weapon in the midst of all those corpses that'll be of service to her, but ultimately, I think she will take Crystal's +4 funky looking jagged dagger as replacement, once she, Celia, Loki's Combat Healer Dude and half-Kratos Belkar are done with the sorry remains that was once Thieves Guild. 2 against 4, not at all bad. Not to mention they'll take everything Guild managed to steal and accumulate over the years, which could provide some interesting weapons and gear for the crew.

And now, the hair issue... Haley gets her hair trimmed and corrected and she now looks like a tomboy :smalltongue:

Zeful
2008-12-09, 12:28 PM
For the buffness not so much, that has mechanical benefit. As for cosmetic care good ol' Prestidigitation has you covered.

Prestidigitation doesn't grow hair. You can make a crappy one-hour wig, but that's about it.

In fact there is no spell in Core D&D that actually covers hair growth. Haley's stuck with the new hair-cut.

javcs
2008-12-09, 02:41 PM
Prestidigitation doesn't grow hair. You can make a crappy one-hour wig, but that's about it.

In fact there is no spell in Core D&D that actually covers hair growth. Haley's stuck with the new hair-cut.

Depends on how tightly you're reading Regenerate. If it grows back limbs, and heads (of multi-headed creatures), it can probably do hair.

Zeful
2008-12-09, 02:46 PM
Depends on how tightly you're reading Regenerate. If it grows back limbs, and heads (of multi-headed creatures), it can probably do hair.

Hair isn't alive, so no regenerate wouldn't grow hair.

DBear
2008-12-09, 02:58 PM
Why is everyone going on about Haley wanting to reverse her haircut? I think it's part of her character growth that while she was vain enough at 19 to form a mutual dislike of Crystal over a fashion comment, Haley seems to be over that now. I think Haley will just roll with it.