PDA

View Full Version : 4E Power Rangers!

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-07, 10:56 PM
With the emphasis in 4E on teamwork, a vague idea popped up into my head.

What about a sentai-based 5-man color-coded team (with or without their power armor) of adventurers?

Their main purpose (at least until I integrate them as NPC's into some 4E game) would be to run through the published modules with one person controlling them, so while this is simply a creative exercise, the team should at least be pretty viable.

It doesn't need to be specifically Power Rangers or anything like that, but should follow the basic principles of a Five Man Band. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand)

This is what I've got so far. Suggestions, changes, or outright rewrites are more than welcome, and not just for the class/race combinations. Suggestions for power selection, feat selection, equipment selection, and general tactics are more than appreciated.

Red: Dragonborn Warlord (The Hero. Because red is ALWAYS the leader)
Blue: (Some sort of Defender since one is needed. Big Guy role)
Green: Elf Ranger (Loner nature-loving sniper-type. The Lancer.)
Black: Halfling Rogue (The skill-monkey or closest person to it. Smart Guy and small guy with speed and precision.)
Pink: Human Wizard (The chick. Optimistic happy-go-lucky emotional leader for the team. The type who when the team is arguing over loot bakes muffins for everyone.)

DoomHat
2008-12-07, 11:13 PM
Imposters armor and Summoned Armor in Adventurers Vault where MADE for exactly this.
Also gloves of storing.

*Edit*
Actually the bow user is traditionally the pink girl character.
The Wiz should be blue. Blue is usually the smarty.

Starsinger
2008-12-07, 11:28 PM
Imposters armor and Summoned Armor in Adventurers Vault where MADE for exactly this.
Also gloves of storing.

*Edit*
Actually the bow user is traditionally the pink girl character.
The Wiz should be blue. Blue is usually the smarty.

I believe the Pink is a Wizard to change her from just The Chick to a Staff Chick.

RPGuru1331
2008-12-07, 11:33 PM
I believe the Pink is a Wizard to change her from just The Chick to a Staff Chick.

Staff Chicks are Healer Chicks, not just Mage Women.

Red: Swordmage. IT's Sentai, there absolutely MUST be flare. Paladin is also permissible.
Blue: Tactical Warlord.
Green: Warrior with a Two Hander
Yellow: Wizard
Pink: Laser Light Show CLeric. Race is all secondary..

Starsinger
2008-12-07, 11:37 PM

I'm aware, but if you don't want two leaders you don't want two leaders.

RPGuru1331
2008-12-07, 11:39 PM

Well, 2 Leaders is accurate to the source.
Red: Inspirational Warlord. Always.
Blue: Tactical Warlord. Always.

This still leaves Pink as a Staff Chick an impossibility, however.

skywalker
2008-12-07, 11:47 PM

Could be viable. Gives double defenders a run for it's money as the most viable double-up.

I personally think whoever your big guy is, it should be a dwarf fighter. I think, typically, black is the big guy. Blue is usually the smart one, as somebody else already said. Billy! Original power rangers had a yellow ranger, too, before there was a green ranger. But green was the lancer. Yellow was ill-defined.

Dragonborn actually have plenty of flair with their breath weapons and all that. Plus they stand out since they're different colored lizard people. But to be the leader, you don't necessarily have to fill the "leader" role. The red ranger is usually the best fighter, which by default makes them the best leader. The cleric doesn't have much of a leadership bent at all, even tho they are the "leader." A lot of Japanese stuff especially has the leader being the best fighter, not necessarily the most charismatic, most tactically smart, or the healer.

Draco Dracul
2008-12-08, 12:17 AM

Red: Swordmage. IT's Sentai, there absolutely MUST be flare. Paladin is also permissible.
Blue: Tactical Warlord.
Green: Warrior with a Two Hander
Yellow: Wizard
Pink: Laser Light Show CLeric. Race is all secondary..

I think red should be a Dragonborn as I agree with Skywalker that Dragonborn have good flare. I would go Paladin over Swordmage as Dragonborn get a bonus to two of the Paladin's primary stats.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-08, 12:33 AM
Going from the original show, there were 6 members: Red-leader-probably Warlord or other buffer with some personal combat abilities as well
Blue-the nerd-smart, figures out the enemies weakness, definitely Wizard
Black-the tough guy-Dwarf Fighter
Yellow-Doesn't really exist, as in she did nothing of import-Cleric most likely just so they have one, but if 4.0 has a 'monk' that I don't know about, maybe that.
Pink-the chick, but she had a bow, so-Ranger.
Green/White-The Badass-generally better in personal combat than anyone, and in his intro TPKd the others on a regular basis-definitely Rogue just for the betrayal aspect, plus gets Worf'd later on so fits the Glass Cannon

Asbestos
2008-12-08, 12:38 AM
Dragonborn actually have plenty of flair with their breath weapons and all that. Plus they stand out since they're different colored lizard people.

Different colored? Eldarin and halflings have more of a skin color range.

This thread is not helping the '4e was made for kids that want to play Power Rangers' bashing!!!!

And... yes, I too am old enough to have read the OP and been like 'wtf? why is green there and no yellow?' Green has to be annoyingly angsty and have cooler stuff than everyone else. He should get the highest level magic items at all times. He should, while being better than everyone else, not show his badassery until the team is on the ropes.

Also, this party should save all its dailies until the end and nova like whoa.

Starsinger
2008-12-08, 12:39 AM
He should get the highest level magic items at all times. He should, while being better than everyone else, not show his badassery until the team is on the ropes.

And he needs his own Vehilcle from Adventurer's Vault, whereas the other five have to share a single one.

Lord_Ventnor
2008-12-08, 12:44 AM
I'm just gonna go with roles. Much less confusing for me.

The Hero: Human Fighter. Without a doubt.

The Lancer: Melee Ranger. Probably human, but maybe not.

The Big Guy: Dragonborn Battlerager Fighter. Or 2-handed, if Martial Power isn't available. Dwarf also works

The Smart Guy: Wizard of some kind. Either Eladrin or Tiefling.

The Staff Chick: Devoted Cleric, of course. What else? Probably Human or Elven.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-08, 12:52 AM
Different colored? Eldarin and halflings have more of a skin color range.

This thread is not helping the '4e was made for kids that want to play Power Rangers' bashing!!!!

And... yes, I too am old enough to have read the OP and been like 'wtf? why is green there and no yellow?' Green has to be annoyingly angsty and have cooler stuff than everyone else. He should get the highest level magic items at all times. He should, while being better than everyone else, not show his badassery until the team is on the ropes.

Like I said, I was more interested in the Five Man Band teamwork concept than actually emulating the original power rangers. Though if I had to eliminate one to fit in the Green Ranger (and I do), it would be Yellow.

I kind of figured a spear-wielding Fighter would literally fill the Lancer position.

Hm... Now, I'm considering the prospect of reworking the team so that each member, no matter what class, uses an axe (http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/smrpg/images/axem.gif) for the sheer giddyness of it.

Starsinger
2008-12-08, 12:54 AM
In which case it's Green as Wizard and Pink as Cleric.

Tengu_temp
2008-12-08, 01:28 AM
The Hero: Human Fighter. Without a doubt.

I have doubts. Being The Hero is all about charisma and combat ability in one package, which is 100% Inspiring Warlord, not Fighter.

Asbestos
2008-12-08, 01:51 AM
I have doubts. Being The Hero is all about charisma and combat ability in one package, which is 100% Inspiring Warlord, not Fighter.

Charisma based paladin?

KnightDisciple
2008-12-08, 02:04 AM
Charisma based paladin?

That was kind of my line of thinking. The Red Rangers' special attacks could easily be smites. They almost always have big two-handed swords. And the later seasons give them the coolest armors.

BardicDuelist
2008-12-08, 02:13 AM
Red: Paladin
Blue: Wizard
Black: Fighter
Pink: Cleric
Green: Ranger

skywalker
2008-12-08, 02:33 AM
Green/White-The Badass-generally better in personal combat than anyone, and in his intro TPKd the others on a regular basis-definitely Rogue just for the betrayal aspect, plus gets Worf'd later on so fits the Glass Cannon[/list]

Green/White eventually turned red. Was definably the leader as soon as he turned white.

If you want to go five man-band, I'd go with a list not dissimilar to Lord Vetnar's:
Hero: Dragonborn Paladin. This is the main difference, I think dragonborn are even more "born hero" in 4e than humans.
Lancer: Obviously a ranger, doesn't necessarily have to be two-weapon, but "slayer" is the motif here. Could go with elf, or either shifter type for variety. Could be dragonborn (hero's best friend) or human (still a hero. Just not the hero).
Big Guy: Dwarf two-handed/battlerager fighter, Dwarf for the lulz.
Smart Guy: Wizard is the only choice here. I think Tieflings make more interesting characters and look more like the smart guy (uglier, altho they have a charisma bonus?). Another good choice might be Shadar-Kai, altho they lack feats.
Chick: A (gender unspecified) sunny cleric of Pelor. Choose an appropriate race for clerics. I like human or elf, the race doesn't matter as much here. Just not dwarf.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-08, 05:07 PM
After reading some suggestions and some tweaking, here's what I've got so far.

Red: The Hero: Dragonborn Warlord (Because red is always the leader.)
Blue: The Lancer: Half-Elf Paladin (I wanted the Lancer to use a spear for obvious pun entertainment, and there doesn't seem to be a class outside the Defenders who use spears well. I always thought blue was a cool color so I thought it went well with the badass member of the team. Half-Elf because it was one of the few good races left and allows for some versatility.)
Yellow: The Big Guy: Warforged Fighter (Delved into the MM for this just to get a good physical race. Warforged are literally natural tanks which I can throw a yellow and black warning-tape color scheme. I think I'll name him "Caution.")
Green: The Smart Guy: Human Wizard (Human for the extra at-will and versatility. The extra skill will help cement the Smart Guy role as well. Green because not many good colors left.)
Pink: The Chick: Elf Ranger (Ironic in this team that the Chick will probably be doing the most damage. Justified Chick role with very typical tree-hugging optimistic bubbly personality. Might give her the alternate class feature from Martial Power so she can have a "cute" pet. Otherwise, long-range bow chick. Pink because of Chick role.)

Black: The Sixth Ranger: Tiefling Warlock (Probably Starlock. Got all the necessary requirements: angsty, dark, possibly actually evil but not really. Probably won't be used unless DM allows for a sixth person to join at some point.)

Tacoma
2008-12-08, 05:19 PM
You will want your villain, who was once one of them but split off because he wanted too much power, to be one of the following:

White
Silver
Diamond
Titanium

(All of which are of course visually identical)

And the Black one is a mysterious stranger who the party at first believes to be evil but is actually good. He was however at one point the henchman / apprentice / padawan of the villain. He must prove himself to them by fighting the henchmen who he was going to attack the party with.

The villain needs a large number of grunts following the Inverse Ninja Law (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.InverseNinjaLaw) and he needs a series of headquarters (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SupervillainLair) that are incrementally more dangerous to navigate and have slightly different architectural flaws that permit easy entry for the heroes.

Also, they must have vehicle-golems. Each character has a vehicl-golem and the golems can all connect to form a much larger golem which the leader is always in control of. The others can press colorful buttons (http://shop.mobileation.com/Santa-Fe-Express-Ride-on-Toy-Train-by-Peg-Perego) but the control boards don't connect to anything.

But alas, when they enter their vehicle-golems it is at that time the villain decides to employ his oversized monster henchmen, which completely defeats the purpose of the golem-vehicles. Hopefully the player quickly realizes the fruitlessness of using them at all.

Asbestos
2008-12-08, 05:21 PM
Chick: A (gender unspecified) sunny cleric of Pelor. Choose an appropriate race for clerics. I like human or elf, the race doesn't matter as much here. Just not dwarf.

You're allowing a tiefling chick...
http://dnd4.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/tiefling.jpg
but not her?
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/RacesNClasses_Gallery/112928.jpg

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-08, 05:23 PM
but not her?

To be fair, I've seen a sunny-tempered tiefling girl played before.

I have not seen a sunny-tempered dwarf anything before.

EDIT: Wait, I have. They were called gnomes.

Tacoma
2008-12-08, 05:29 PM
Ooh, gnome-burn. That's not cool anymore now that they're 'officially' monsters. I mean, they were always borderline (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20autognome.jpg) but still.

They can not change what they are! Gnome is born into shame, our society should be above denigrating them for our own amusement.

chiasaur11
2008-12-08, 05:35 PM
Ooh, gnome-burn. That's not cool anymore now that they're 'officially' monsters. I mean, they were always borderline (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/d&d%20beasts%20autognome.jpg) but still.

They can not change what they are! Gnome is born into shame, our society should be above denigrating them for our own amusement.

Ah, but they don't realize their shame.

We need to teach then, as they teach us.

skywalker
2008-12-08, 05:38 PM
but not her?

I did specify a race appropriate to clerics. Dwarf falls under this, but does not fit the archtype, IMO. Tieflings don't even come close to meshing well with cleric. Also, I didn't say it had to be a girl.

EDIT: *Points at gnome, laughs.* :smallbiggrin:

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-11, 10:00 PM
All right, I got someone to agree to at least run the team through an encounter, all I need to do is stat out the characters. I'm not sure what level, so I'll just start them out at Level 1 and go from there.

First up is the Hero, a Dragonborn Warlord. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=80406)

Still deciding on what feat to give him. Was originally going for Initiate of the Faith for some extra healing but then realized I don't exactly have the Wisdom for it.

Went with the Resourceful Presence feature as it seemed the most appropriate.

Suggestions? Comments? Optimizing critiques?

Enlong
2008-12-11, 10:16 PM
I don't recall Resourceful Presence. Is that from Martial Power? (I would've gone with Inspiring Presence, 'cause the Hero's like: "assemble!", and everyone becomes twice as awesome.)

If you really want him to multiclass, I'd say Soldier of the Faith, 'cause Paladin meshes nicely with the Hero mentality.

Still dunno what Resourceful Presence does, but if it has a feat like Inspired Recovery and Tactical Assault are for the other two, then you might want that. Power Attack is also kinda nice... I dunno. You might even want to get Enlarged Dragon Breath. I dunno.

Oh, and remember the Vehicle-Golems? The Hero's has to be made out of an Ornithopter, so he can fly to the top in order to form... the head.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-11, 10:34 PM
Resourceful Presence is indeed from Martial Power.

When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, that attack gains a bonus to damage equal to one-half your level + your Intelligence modifier. If the attack hits no target, the ally gains temporary hit points equal to one-half your level + your Charisma modifier.

I agree that Inspiring Presence is indeed a great choice fluff-wise, but it didn't seem as useful to a largely-combat oriented team as something that could also add to damage or give hit points back, and temporary hit points as well, so the ally doesn't need to take damage in order to take advantage of the feature.

It does in fact have a support feat, Inspired Resouces: which adds 2 to the damage bonus and 3 to the temporary hit point gain. It's definitely something I'll take if not now, eventually.

Asbestos
2008-12-11, 10:37 PM
I don't recall Resourceful Presence. Is that from Martial Power? (I would've gone with Inspiring Presence, 'cause the Hero's like: "assemble!", and everyone becomes twice as awesome.)

It is, if your ally makes a melee attack they get a damage bonus if it hits and if they miss they get a few hp. I'd say Inspiring or Bravura might be more appropriate (even if Bravura is like, suicidal.)

If you really want him to multiclass, I'd say Soldier of the Faith, 'cause Paladin meshes nicely with the Hero mentality.
I was thinking one of the Fighter multiclass feats, but the feat I'm looking at to go with it, Draconic Arrogance is a paragon feat (would work great with opening shove and a number of other Warlord powers)

Oh, and remember the Vehicle-Golems? The Hero's has to be made out of an Ornithopter, so he can fly to the top in order to form... the head.
I'm so old... here I am thinking that the Pink one is the only one that should be flying. Though, I forget where it fit in.
Random thought... whichever one formed into the 'main' piece with the control room... did the person inside ride around all alone in a room made for 5 people while everyone else was in a regular cockpit? If so, way unfair.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-11, 10:42 PM
I'm so old... here I am thinking that the Pink one is the only one that should be flying. Though, I forget where it fit in.
Random thought... whichever one formed into the 'main' piece with the control room... did the person inside ride around all alone in a room made for 5 people while everyone else was in a regular cockpit? If so, way unfair.

Original Pink zord became the chestplate. And I am in complete agreement there. As for the cockpit thing... I'm not sure. They all clearly had normal cockpits due to camera shots (if I remember correctly), so I guess the main body zord of whichever incarnation had two separate cockpits.

Enlong
2008-12-11, 10:51 PM
Right. I need to look up the megazord formation sequence. I forget what Red's Zord usually does in that.

Oh yeah... I was thinking of Voltron, where the hero forms The Head (tm). Pink Ranger's usualy a pterodactyl, right? In that case, she's perfect for an ornithopter golem. (the vehicles can probably be construct versions of various monsters, bonus points if we can constructize the dinos from the original Power Rangers.

Edit: Ah, right. Red's is a T-rex that turns into a red dragon that turns into the main body and head. The rest form the limbs and chestplate.

So... what are the important attributes for a Resourceful Warlord?

Asbestos
2008-12-11, 11:03 PM
Original Pink zord became the chestplate. And I am in complete agreement there. As for the cockpit thing... I'm not sure. They all clearly had normal cockpits due to camera shots (if I remember correctly), so I guess the main body zord of whichever incarnation had two separate cockpits.

Well, that's just terribly inefficient :smalltongue: Yeah, just something that came up when I was talking with a buddy of mine, figured it'd either be way depressing ("I'm so alone...") or way luxurious ("I have so much leg room!") if they used the giant control room.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-11, 11:36 PM
So... what are the important attributes for a Resourceful Warlord?

Well, besides the obvious key attribute (Strength) both intelligence and charisma are pretty important. It's supposed to utilize stuff from both ends of the warlord spectrum. And frankly, while I like the fluff of the Inspiring Warlord, to me the powers it helps are kind of bleh.

Tacoma
2008-12-12, 04:23 PM
They all need to be teenagers!

This means something special for the Elves.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-12, 05:47 PM
Pink Ranger's usually a pterodactyl, right?

First series was Pterodactyl, then came Firebird (I think) because Phoenix is the name of a US city, then Crane- beyond that, I don't recall.

DragonBaneDM
2008-12-12, 11:42 PM
Hoooly crap!

Dude, I'm running a campaign that my players often note is much like Power Rangers!!!

The only difference is that instead of Pink and Yellow, we've gotta White and Green.

And they resemble the Mighty Morphers in no other way other than their DragonBane seals, but whatevs. This is still nifty!

newbDM
2008-12-13, 02:46 AM
Hmm... This seems familiar.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-13, 02:58 AM
First series was Pterodactyl, then came Firebird (I think) because Phoenix is the name of a US city, then Crane- beyond that, I don't recall.

After that, animal themes were on and off for the powers and vehicles. Same with the colors.
I'm old-school. The core 5 colors are Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, and Pink.
But don't let that dictate the colors, mind. :smallwink:

As for the Pink's part in the transformation...
Pterodactyl was chesplate. Firebird was the waist armor? Crane was actually the head.
Also, the Red Thunder was awesome. I wanted on for myself. :smallsmile:

KnightDisciple
2008-12-13, 10:36 AM
You know what the only bad thing about this is?
I want to play in this campaign now. :smallamused:

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-14, 03:43 AM
Second one is up, Lancer Blue, the Elven Ranger. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=80407)

For the record, the Tramyr is from the Adventurer's Vault, it's a superior one-handed spear with the heavy thrown and versatile traits. I really wanted the Lancer to be a spear-user for literal reasons, so this seemed to be like the best options. The best part is Blue can use dual-wield the weapons or throw them. So far, Lancer Blue looks pretty badass.

Critiques, comments, and suggestions are welcome as always.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-14, 05:40 AM
Second one is up, Lancer Blue, the Elven Ranger. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=80407)

For the record, the Tramyr is from the Adventurer's Vault, it's a superior one-handed spear with the heavy thrown and versatile traits. I really wanted the Lancer to be a spear-user for literal reasons, so this seemed to be like the best options. The best part is Blue can use dual-wield the weapons or throw them. So far, Lancer Blue looks pretty badass.

Slight typo here, the weapon is a tratnyr I think you'll find.

KnightDisciple
2008-12-14, 06:19 AM

Looks solid from what I can tell.

Are the spearheads a single point? Or can they be tri-pointed for us old-school fans? :smallwink:

Tengu_temp
2008-12-14, 08:29 AM
You can't have two ability scores at 8 by the default rules - single 8 and single 9 at least.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-14, 08:34 AM
You can't have two ability scores at 8 by the default rules - single 8 and single 9 at least.

Character Builder only allows for 1 ability score below 10...

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-14, 01:01 PM
Slight typo here, the weapon is a tratnyr I think you'll find.

Huh, funny thing, the text was so small that the "tn" looked like an "m" when I was reading it, minor mistake.

Character Builder only allows for 1 ability score below 10...

Could you show me where it says that I can't lower another ability score to 8? :smallconfused: I mean with point-buy yes you start out with 5 10's and an 8, but I don't see anywhere that says you can't lower another stat to 8.

Looks solid from what I can tell.

Are the spearheads a single point? Or can they be tri-pointed for us old-school fans? :smallwink:

Honestly, I don't know. It was the only weapon in the Adventurer's Fault I found which had no corresponding picture. All I know is another name for it is a "Wingspear," which I'll probably end up using just to save time.

The thing I might have to do is since Lancer here is proficient with dual-wielding AND ranged weaponry, either give her a longbow as backup or purchase more tratnyrs. The latter would be preferable, but the encumbrance rating would go through the roof, but the former would make it hard to get those kinds of exotic spears in the future I think.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-14, 01:32 PM
Could you show me where it says that I can't lower another ability score to 8? :smallconfused: I mean with point-buy yes you start out with 5 10's and an 8, but I don't see anywhere that says you can't lower another stat to 8.

Honestly, I don't know. It was the only weapon in the Adventurer's Vault I found which had no corresponding picture. All I know is another name for it is a "Wingspear," which I'll probably end up using just to save time.

It doesn't state outright that a second ability score could not be lowered to 8, however, the Character Builder utility developed by WotC does not permit you to do this.

Tratnyr image can be found on p63 of AV (numbered 11)

Shadow_Elf
2008-12-14, 02:25 PM
Isn't there always some moody member who doesn't really want to work with the team? I think that if this is one of the roles, Black should be a Drow. Same racial stats as Halfling, but I think it fits better.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-14, 05:50 PM
It doesn't state outright that a second ability score could not be lowered to 8, however, the Character Builder utility developed by WotC does not permit you to do this.

Tratnyr image can be found on p63 of AV (numbered 11)

Well, I should be glad that I'm using Myth Weavers and pencil and paper instead of the Character Builder on WotC then.

And thanks for the page number. I was worried that the spears the Lancer would be using would look something weird like pointy toilet plungers or something.

Isn't there always some moody member who doesn't really want to work with the team? I think that if this is one of the roles, Black should be a Drow. Same racial stats as Halfling, but I think it fits better.

Sixth ranger's going to be a Tiefling Warlock. Doesn't get much more moody than that.

Coidzor
2008-12-14, 06:18 PM
Is returning an option for the spear-thrower? I mean, since as you said, they're going to evolve into more of a plot-point/zany miniboss squad after you've playtested them, you've got a bit more leverage in designing them than if they were all going to be and stay PCs.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-14, 07:03 PM
Is returning an option for the spear-thrower? I mean, since as you said, they're going to evolve into more of a plot-point/zany miniboss squad after you've playtested them, you've got a bit more leverage in designing them than if they were all going to be and stay PCs.

If these guys were a zany miniboss squad and equipment cost wasn't an issue then yeah, Lancer would get, like, six Returning trantyrs. As they're only level 1 PC's as of now, I'll have to stick with the regular ones for the time being. I might give her a longbow for the time being so she doesn't blow all her spears on ranged combat. I gotta look up the rules for 4E encumbrance again...

Although if I were to make these guys into a zany miniboss squad, I would make them all kobolds with color-coded fullplate.

Coidzor
2008-12-14, 07:12 PM
If these guys were a zany miniboss squad and equipment cost wasn't an issue then yeah, Lancer would get, like, six Returning trantyrs. As they're only level 1 PC's as of now, I'll have to stick with the regular ones for the time being. I might give her a longbow for the time being so she doesn't blow all her spears on ranged combat. I gotta look up the rules for 4E encumbrance again...
So what is their purpose/role, then? I know they're having a start out as lvl 1 PCs now, but is this more of a testing/fleshing out thing, or are you incorporating them later into future campaigns as a group of established adventuring heroes? Because it sounded like you were running them as lvl 1 PCs for a reason other than having a true campaign of it.

Although if I were to make these guys into a zany miniboss squad, I would make them all kobolds with color-coded fullplate.
:biggrin: That should definitely be what their mirror match gives them... Or at least, they think those kobolds are the mirror match, and then run into the BBEGs of..themselves.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-14, 07:18 PM
So what is their purpose/role, then? I know they're having a start out as lvl 1 PCs now, but is this more of a testing/fleshing out thing, or are you incorporating them later into future campaigns as a group of established adventuring heroes? Because it sounded like you were running them as lvl 1 PCs for a reason other than having a true campaign of it.

Honestly? Boredom. I have a friend who's willing to run the team through a published module to test their effectiveness, or at least a few encounters. As for what level they are, not sure, but I figure level 1's a good place to start.

DiscipleofBob
2008-12-17, 06:19 PM
All right, the Big Guy, a Warforged Fighter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=80408) is up.

Ended up using the Tempest feature from Martial Power, and eventually I'll probably pick up a feat to use a Spiked Shield from Adventurer's Fault.