PDA

View Full Version : Recursive threats 3.5

Coidzor
2008-12-08, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know of a situation where, through the rules, a DM can really screw over a party using something involving recursivity? I've just received some threats from my DM after one too many "X y is X!" statements, say "Redundant statement is redundant!" while playing Smash bros. Brawl.

So I come to you, fair playground, to see if anyone here might have an idea of what might come to pass.

Hopefully not fractal alligators like was suggested by my roomie who is also in the campaign.

Jack_Simth
2008-12-08, 08:11 AM
Well, just Core, a Titan has Gate as a spell-like ability, usable once per day ... and the Titan is within range of the easy control version of Gate. So one Titan calls the next, orders it to do the recursive Calling, and you've got an infinite number of Titan's facing you, for the cost of one standard action.

Roll for initiative vs. a hundred Titans that's officially a single CR 21 encounter.

Kurald Galain
2008-12-08, 08:24 AM
Wishing for more wishes?

Jack_Simth
2008-12-08, 08:28 AM
Also, quite a few demons/devils have the ability to Summon a member of their own kind with a reasonable chance of success, although those don't chain.