PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a feat

Jimp
2008-12-08, 12:14 PM
I'm looking for a feat that changes your spell so it is disguised as something else.
There's a feat in Cityscape that changes the direction that the spell comes from, but what I'm looking for is one that changes the sounds/visuals/etc so that it would be mistaken for a different spell.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-08, 12:24 PM
There's a Skill Trick in Comp. Scoundrel that does this, the Disguise Spell feat for Bards, and maybe a couple of others. What's your class?

Zephyros
2008-12-08, 12:24 PM
As far as i can remember its Spell Thematics from PGtF.

In Cityscape there is also the Invisible Spell which Spell Thematics can't do.

Hal
2008-12-08, 12:31 PM
There's a Skill Trick in Comp. Scoundrel that does this, the Disguise Spell feat for Bards, and maybe a couple of others. What's your class?

It's not just for bards. When casting, you make a sleight of hand check opposed by the spot check of anyone who might catch this. Success means they don't see you casting and can't take opportunity attacks or counterspell you.

Of course, you might want to use Silent Spell metamagic to further enhance that.

Zephyros
2008-12-08, 12:35 PM
ehmm..

I'm looking for a feat that changes your spell so it is disguised as something else.
There's a feat in Cityscape that changes the direction that the spell comes from, but what I'm looking for is one that changes the sounds/visuals/etc so that it would be mistaken for a different spell.

so its spell thematics (which may not be as useful as conceal spellcasting, but is what he asked for :smallbiggrin:)

Mephit
2008-12-08, 02:03 PM
And of course, you can only use a Skill Trick 1/encounter. (Except if you take a feat, I think.)

Tacoma
2008-12-08, 02:51 PM
It's called Silent Image and Whatever They Call Audible Glamer in 3.5, I Am Too Lazy To Check SRD

Harp
2008-12-09, 01:25 AM
You can use silent and still metamagic feats on the same spell, effectively casting it without even appearing as if you casted the spell in most cases. This works better with the less flashy spells (such as those of the enchantment school), as its going to be hard to play down the fireball that just seemingly launched itself from your direction.

There are two feats in Complete Arcane that lets you change energy types of damage on your spells or the shape they take, so you could turn your fireballs into frostballs or make that fireball into a flamethrower (120 ft line). While there are uses to these feats it's probably not even close to what you had in mind.

There's another feat in Lords of Madness that lets you turn your spells into rays you shoot out of your eyes. They still have the same effect once they hit and its apparent you're firing them, but it might throw some enemies off. It's real use is that it lets you unload two eye ray spells in the same round I believe.

Anyways, it might be more prudent to post exactly what you're trying to do. There's probably a lot of spells and items that can accomplish what you want much more easily without having to burn the feat.

jcsw
2008-12-09, 03:07 AM
My Sublime Chord has the False Theurgy skill trick, good for tricking the opponent in wizard duels into not wasting their celerity on a "mere Sirine's Grace spell" (In fact, it's a timestop.)

Curmudgeon
2008-12-09, 03:33 AM
You don't need a feat, class ability, or even a skill trick. Just a straight Sleight of Hand check (opposed by Spot) will do; the rule's in Races of Stone (page 133). This disguises both somatic and verbal components if you succeed.