PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Punisher: Warzone?

late for dinner
2008-12-08, 01:03 PM
I saw the movie this weekend, and I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly suprised at how entertaining it was....what did you think??

Avilan the Grey
2008-12-09, 02:35 AM
They made another one?

(Serious question)

WalkingTarget
2008-12-09, 09:21 AM
They made another one?

(Serious question)

Yes. There are now 3 Punisher films, each independent of the others (1989, 2004, and 2008). I haven't seen any of them, but more out of apathy than active aversion.

ReluctantDragon
2008-12-09, 02:23 PM
It reminded me of watching a Faces of Death video. Raunchy gore, violence and no apology for it.

In terms of the closest thing to what a Punisher film should be, this accomplished it.

Was it a good movie? Heck no.
Was it a good comic book movie? Not really.
Was it a good Punisher movie? The best so far.

Mikeavelli
2008-12-09, 02:31 PM
Not a very good movie.

The one they made a couple years ago, about the origin of the Punisher, was much better.

To be tropish, it suffers from wanting to be 'Darker and edgier' - and failing at it. Gratuitous gore scenes were poorly done, fight scenes consisted of the Punisher waltzing in and firing at people, saved only by the impossibly terrible aim of everyone else in the movie, instead of by, y'know, battle tactics, stealth, gratuitous use of explosives, or anything else the Punisher is actually known for.

And I didn't care about the characters. At all.

What's worse is normally I like anti-hero movies. The concept is great, just executed extremely poorly in Warzone.

TheDeeMan
2008-12-14, 10:13 PM
I liked it better then the Thomas jane version.

Dee