PDA

View Full Version : Need One More Feat

Kesnit
2008-12-08, 01:06 PM
My PnP group decided to do a 1-shot session with LVL 20, non-gestalt hack-and-slash. Authorized books are SRD, any Complete, BoVD, BoED, X Psionic Handbook, and Libris Mortis.

I have NOT bought equipment, so the below stats are just from the point buy and every-4-level-increases. The DM allows gauntlets to be enchanted like weapons.

LE Human Monk 3/Cleric 3/Sacred Fist 10/Disciple of Mephistophles 4

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 10
WIS 20
CHA 8

Domains: Fire, Evil

Feats:Power Attack, Combat Casting, Cleave, Evil Brand (Head), Disciple of Darkness, WF (Unarmed)

Skills: Balance 6(8), Conc 23 (25), Heal 13(18), Know (Religion) 22 (22), Spellcraft 4(4), Spot 15(20), Tumble 23(25)

I am leaning towards Fiery Burst from CMage, but am open to suggestions.

I'll also listen to tweeks on the build. However, I do want all 10 levels of SF and at least 3 levels of DiscMeph.

TengYt
2008-12-08, 01:07 PM
Improved Initative? Boring, but always useful.

Keld Denar
2008-12-08, 01:18 PM
Less Monk, more Cleric. You can't go wrong with this.

If you are striking unarmed, Improved Natural Attack is a must. It's in the Monstrous Manual, and increases the damage you deal as if you were a size catagory larger. Thus, as a medium creature, you'd pull your damage off the Large monk table, and if you Righteous Mighted yourself up to large, you'd pull your damage off the Huge monk table, or just extrapolate your large unarmed damage as if it were a large shifting to huge weapon. The rules for this are in the equipment portions of both the PHB and the DMG.

That should help.

Kesnit
2008-12-08, 01:32 PM
Less Monk, more Cleric. You can't go wrong with this.

The most I could add is 1 level (I want Evasion and Combat Reflexes for free), 2 levels if I drop a level of DiscMeph.

(Looking at book...) Dropping one level of Monk would get 7th level spells. (works) Dropping a level of DiscMeph would hurt my BAB and Reflex save... (not so good)

If you are striking unarmed, Improved Natural Attack is a must. It's in the Monstrous Manual, and increases the damage you deal as if you were a size catagory larger.

Useful. I'll see if the DM will let that one fly.

and if you Righteous Mighted yourself up to large,

I hadn't gotten around to picking spells yet, so I'll keep that one in mind.

BTW, just realized Combat Reflexes should not be on the list in the OP, since I get it at Monk 2.