PDA

View Full Version : Acolyte of the Skin

Abbott
2008-12-08, 03:28 PM
This class is fairly god-awful as I see it. I was wondering if it could perhaps be a viable choice in a RP-heavy campaign if I gave warlocks entering the class full edlritch blast progression?

Starbuck_II
2008-12-08, 04:16 PM
This class is fairly god-awful as I see it. I was wondering if it could perhaps be a viable choice in a RP-heavy campaign if I gave warlocks entering the class full edlritch blast progression?

Would Warlocks get full Invocation progression too?
(normally anything that gives +1 progression grants both invocation and eldritch blast)

It would be better than it stand now.

Abbott
2008-12-08, 04:23 PM
I actually was thinking about making the acolyte appealing to more martial, close combat 'locks, so no. But they're really, really crippled without full blast progression.

Blood_Lord
2008-12-08, 07:55 PM
I actually was thinking about making the acolyte appealing to more martial, close combat 'locks, so no. But they're really, really crippled without full blast progression.

They are really crippled without full invocation progression as well.

Seriously, half their invocations go into eldritch blasts anyway.

Captain Six
2008-12-08, 07:57 PM
I had a warlock take this for four levels. I asked the DM if I could trade the levels for the half-fiend template. More powerful, a lot quicker and one more caster level. I have no regrets.

As for anyone who does want to take it, maybe have it full caster progression for the warlock in general. They loose quite a bit and pretty much only get a little sturdier in return. It would be broken to let sorcerers and wizards take it this way ( it was designed for them in 3.0 ) but warlock is a much different story.