PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Prinny Land: The Plane of Failure, the Prinny Council, & the Prinny God [Peach]

newbDM
2008-12-08, 06:42 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/483e7adc.png
The Prinny God

Moderate Deity (LN)
The Prinny God is the supreme ruler of the Plane of Failure, and the master of all Prinnies; which theoretically making him the biggest failure among the gods. A fact he is not too happy with.

Although his original form has long been forgotten, The Prinny God is believed to once have been a regular run-of-the-mill deity in a regular pantheon. Only the gods remember how he came to be in his current position, but most assume based on his followers that he must have died such a miserable, pointless, and stupid death, or somehow managed to royally tick-off the other deities on such a godly level that they damned him to serve as The Prinny God instead of letting him fade while his body went to the Astral Plane (although his original body might possibly be there somewhere).

Although neutral in his views of good vs. evil, he is an extremely PO'd and angry individual; which is understandable, wouldn't you be angry if you were the god of the prinnies?

He has unchallenged dominion over all of Prinny Land: The Plane of Failure, though, he spends most of his time locked away at the top floor of the Prinny Headquarters Building located at the very center of Prinny Land. Disturbing him is one of the only known methods to reduce a prinny to -10 (see my Prinnies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98863) thread for more information).

Theories abound regarding who or what he was before becoming The Prinny God. Some say he was a deity who got too close to the realm beyond existence, while others say he was a god with a drow fetish who tried to make a pass at Lolth. The most common rumor goes that he was the former deity of anger, who is known to have suddenly disappeared in a puff of brimstone when Vor: The Big Red Angry God of the kobolds' own minions finally drove Vor's rage to a level that dwarfed his own. If the later is the case, the irony between the two deities' situations is irresistible.

Some sages believe The Prinny God is attempting to gain his own reincarnation or death by attempting to raise his divine status to Greater. How he is trying to go about this is uncertain.

Aside from being the highest ranking and most powerful prinny in existence, The Prinny God is the only prinny known to be immune to the word -dood, which prinnies are known (and often hated) for. In fact, many prinnies believe The Prinny God implemented the word himself just to further the contempt other races feel towards them.

Portfolio: Anger, Death, Judgment, Prinnies, Suffering, Rebirth.
Domains: Death, Hatred, Law, Life, Prinny, Retribution, Suffering, Wrath.

Clergy Training:
Clerics and other divine casters of The Prinny God are relatively rare outside the ranks of the prinnies. Since prinnies are essentially a slave race, few bosses outside Celestia are willing to let them waste the valuable time and costly materials needed to crate a place of worship for their god. While some temples exist in Celestia, at most prinnies elsewhere in the multiverse are allowed a small shrine or alter in their already cramped living quarters. Hence most of the prinny temples in existence are located in Prinny Land (where worship of The Prinny God is mandatory by law) and most prinny divine casters in the multiverse hail from them.

Note that just because a prinny devotes it's life to The Prinny God, and The Prinny God sees it fit to entrust a portion of it's divine power with, does not mean The Prinny God likes the thing any better.

Quests:
Followers of The Prinny God often take quests to hunt down rogue prinnies, as well as prinnies who are attempting to escape their sentences by other means. They often act as leaders of hunting parties consisting of prinnies specially trained at Prinny Headquarters for this job.

However, these prinnies and their hunting parties also hunt down any bosses who have breached their contracts with the prinnies, or necromancers attempting to interfere with the souls of those sentenced to their prinny suits. Note that this is the most help a prinny is ever likely to receive from Prinny Land and the higher ups.

The double nature of these prinnies (and tiny handful of other creatures) has earned the prinny divine casters a status as both saviors and tyrants among prinny society, as well as mixed feelings and reactions from their kind.

Rites:
The Prinny God's clerics and clergy are charged with manipulating the souls of those sent to Prinny Land, and sewing them into their prinny suits. They also craft the neigh indestructible, yet huggably soft, suits in an ancient sweatshop located in the basement of the Prinny Headquarters Building.

The Prinny God's Realm:
The Prinny God's personal realm is the top floor of the Prinny Headquarters Building located at the exact center of Prinny Land. Only one entrance leads to this realm, a short narrow stairway beginning at the floor right below. The stairway is located near the courtroom where the Prinny Council judges and sentences newly arrived prinnies. At the top of the stairway stand two massive golden double-doors engraved with elegant designs, powerful magical incantations, and divine glyphs all embedded with platinum or silver. Behind these doors lies an entire demiplane.

It is unknown what The Prinny God spends so much time on in there. However, every prinny in the Prinny Headquarters Building knows that he retreats there to be alone. Alone, and away from any and all prinnies. Only Saa of the Prinny Council is allowed to freely enter and roam this realm.

The Prinny God's personal realm ?????? ????? ??? ? ???? (Have no clue how to make it or describe it. Any ideas?)

Those who try to escape:
Those prinny who decide to just say screw it, accept the abuse they naturally unsuppress in others, and spend their eternity as a prinny without need of a boss or paying off their debt are known as rogue prinnies. Once the accountants back in Prinny Headquarters believe a prinny has gone rogue (usually after their Prinny Debt reaches the maximum of -5,000gp) they immediately send out hunting parties to retrieve the creature. Once found these prinny are dealt with quickly and brutally.

Once the rogue prinny is captured and the initial beatings are over, the secondary beatings begin. Once that is done the prinny are dragged back to the Plane of Failure. There they suffer treatment even worse than that of your average demonic boss until their torturers are convinced the prinny is genuinely willing to go back to work on it's sentence.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/572985cf.png
The Prinny Council
(From left to right: Saa, xxxxx, Sehdre, xxxxx, Dionysus.)

The Prinny Council is the administrative body in charge of overseeing all affairs in Prinny Land, and judging, prosecuting, and sentencing newly arrived souls. They are a small pantheon of mostly quasi to demi level divine entities. They are the second highest ranking prinnies in the Plane of Failure, and are also known as the Prinny Kings; however, this is mostly a formal and meaningless title since they spend the vast majority of their time sentencing prinnies and processing paperwork.

Unlike The Prinny God, more is known about the Prinny Council. All five members were once divine entities of around quasi or demi status who earned their fate just like the prinnies they now sentence do. They were all personally judged by The Prinny God himself, and once the first of them was sentenced (Saa) it was slapped with the duty of judging the prinnies (a task The Prinny God despised) and managing Prinny Land. This allowed The Prinny God to begin his retreat into his personal demiplane, and away from the creatures he loathes so much.

The Prinny Kings freely admit that they are working on completing their Prinny Debt(see my thread on prinnies here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5436953#post5436953)), though, they tend to leave out the part about how massive and long it is. Saa, the first lesser power to be sentenced to the Prinny Council, has been at it so long it's original form has been completely forgotten to antiquity.

Although separate entities with their own power, the Prinny Council is almost exclusively worshiped as a group. Effectively serving as a miniature prinny pantheon.

Portfolio: Balance, Human Resources, Judgment, Paperwork, Prinnies, Punishment, Suffering.
Domains: Death, Law, Life, Prinny, Suffering.

Saa:
Lesser God (LN)
Saa is the oldest and most powerful of the Prinny Council. It serves as the head of the council and reports directly to The Prinny God himself.

Nothing is known of it's former form, and it never speaks of the transgression(s) which led to it's current position.

Saa has been at it's job so long that it has managed to slowly rise in divine level. Within the last century Saa has achieved Lesser God status, making it an official divine power in the multiverse. What significance this has to it's role/banishment to the Prinny Council is currently uncertain, but until now Saa has remained doing it's job without question.

Over the ages of working with The Prinny God, Saa has managed to form at least some level of comradeship with it's boss. Although The Prinny God does not seem to feel any ill-will towards the other members of the Prinny Council, he simply does not care about them outside of official business and daily duties (Well, at least this is better than how he feels for his own followers...). Saa is the only being allowed to freely enter and roam The Prinny God's personal demiplane in the top floor of the Prinny Headquarters Building.

???:
???? (??)
???????????
???????????

Sehdre ("Soft Charmer" in Elven):
Quasideity (CN)
Sehdre was once an Elven demigod who attempted to "pantie raid" (as the mortals would call it) the consort of Moradin Berronar Truesilver's divine unmentionables in their shared realm in an attempt to poke fun at the dwarven pantheon while trying to gain notice in the elven pantheon. What happened to him should be self-explanatory.

This being can be accurately described with a single sentence: "I hate my job..."

???:
???? (??)
?????????????
?????????????

Dionysus:
Quasideity (NN)
Dionysus is the latest edition to the Prinny Council. He was once a human intermediate level god of mirth, madness, wine, fertility and theatre. He gained his position shortly before the first of the Great Human Wars after attempting to seduce Malcanthet: The Demon Queen of the Succubi believing he could "handle it". He couldn't.

The irony is that this might have saved Dionysus, for it wasn't long after his sentencing that the madness the human's inflicted upon themselves and their gods began. Whether this fate was better for him is yet to be seen, it is not the party lifestyle he once had, but at least he is still alive (well, kinda).

Notes:

Odds are if someone non-prinny is willing (or desperate enough) to worship the Prinny Coucil or the Prinny God, they are probably going to end up as prinnies themselves. So some figure why not get on their good sides, right? Since worship/worshippers is the method The Prinny God might be attempting to use to earn reincarnation, this often works, and the Prinny Court will often be slightly more lenient in the sentencing of these individuals. Plus, that simply means one prinny who will be out of The Prinny God's hair sooner.

Whether the Prinny Council benefits from increased numbers of followers is unclear, but it might have been a factor in Saa's recent ascension to true godhood.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/a1046a93.jpg
Prinny Land: The Plane of Failure

Prinny Land is the Outer Plane of Failure. Here is where the souls are sent of those who either lived worthless depressing lives, or died such a meaningless, pointless, stupid, and worthless death that the higher powers decided that they needed a timeout before moving on in the natural life cycle.

Planer Traits:
• Normal Gravity.
• Normal Time.
• Finite Size.
• Divinely Morphic: The Prinny God and the Prinny Council can alter the plane at will. The Prinny God's will always overrides that of the Prinny Council.
• No Elemental or Energy Traits.
• Aligned Traits: Strongly lawfully-aligned, mildly neutrally-aligned.
• Normal Magic.

Description of Prinny Land:
???
??????

?????????
???????????

(No clue here. I could really use some help please!)

Locations in Prinny Land
-The Prinny Headquarters Building.

(Again, some help in this section would be greatly appreciated!)

newbDM
2008-12-08, 08:01 PM
Wow...been working on this since 6am. :smalleek:

Anyway, I could use bit of help from the experts here. There are some things I need to figure out, and I am burned out of ideas.

Some things I know I need to fix off the top of my head:

First of all, any critiques, opinions, or ideas you have (good or bad) would be greatly helpful. I always learn from the help given here.
I need to figure out a Prinny Domain. I have nearly no experience with magic, so I was hoping a divine magic fan can help me with this.
I would like some advice and ideas for both The Prinny God's personal demiplane/realm, and the rest of Prinny Land/The Plane of Failure.
I would like to know what you think of the whole concept to be honest. I know a "Plane of Failure" probably seems stupid and immature.
I would like to know if it makes sense to have a deity's realm not only be off the deity's plane, but isolated and meant for only one person/itself. Does this completely defeat the purpose of a realm? Can some of the older edition players please define a deity's "realm" a bit clearer?
I need idea for the remaining Prinny Kings. And perhaps some ideas for further fleshing out the first three? I feel I did a very poor job of them.
If a pro at deities can look over them, especially the portfolios and domains that would be greatly appreciated. I completely winged it there. I used the free PDF list of D&D domains from Crystalkeep to try and match them to these guys, but I have found no information about how to give portfolios.
As well as helping make/flesh out Prinny Land, I can use ideas for locations, settlements, etc. Perhaps some ideas like this for The Prinny God's personal demiplane as well?
Any ideas for what The Prinny God might be scheming (if anything) secluded inside his person retreat (or if he really is by himself?).
Your honest opinions on all this/them (good or bad).

As always any help or advice you are willing to give me would be greatly appreciated!

newbDM
2008-12-11, 05:31 AM
Does anyone at least know where I can find information on making your own domains/portfolios/deities?

I would like to work out the prinny domain, and now I am thinking about making a Failure domain.

newbDM
2008-12-11, 05:33 AM
edit:

Sorry, double post. System was slow.

mikeejimbo
2008-12-11, 05:51 AM
I need to figure out a Prinny Domain. I have nearly no experience with magic, so I was hoping a divine magic fan can help me with this.

I'm a Divine Magic fan! Although, I prefer to stick to core in homebrew, and I don't know about you. Still, my suggestions will be biased in that direction.

First of course, you'll want to decide on the theme of the domain. Will this be used to aid Prinny priests in hunting down rogue Prinnies? Will it help keep the Prinnies enslaved? Will every spell be a worthless failure?

For domains, I like to look at the Cleric spell list first, and then the Paladin's, for appropriate spells. The Druid/Ranger lists are sometimes applicable for a weather/nature deity, which isn't the case here.

I like to look at the Sorcerer/Wizard and Bard lists last, and if I do grant a spell on that list that's not on a Divine list, I make it a higher level. This has some precedence, although there is also a precedent of granting some Arcane spells at the same level (I think the Time Domain), and some of granting Divine spells at earlier levels. I like to err on the side of under-powered, myself.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-12-11, 06:02 AM
Haven't played a whole lot of Disgaea (more just heard Tengu prattle on about it endlessly), but wouldn't Overlord Baal be, effectively, god of the Prinnies? Dude at least has Divine Ranks by D&D standards, and he takes the form of a Prinny..

All in all, looks nice, dood.

newbDM
2008-12-13, 08:09 AM
I'm a Divine Magic fan! Although, I prefer to stick to core in homebrew, and I don't know about you. Still, my suggestions will be biased in that direction.

Understood. I appreciate the help either way!

First of course, you'll want to decide on the theme of the domain. Will this be used to aid Prinny priests in hunting down rogue Prinnies? Will it help keep the Prinnies enslaved? Will every spell be a worthless failure?

Hmm. I did not realize domains were meant to achieve a specific purpose. I always figured they were just a list of spells with a certain theme.

As for what to make the prinny domain, could it be a combination of helping the prinny priests do their job, and help keep the prinnies enslaved? Could it then be possible to use the "ever spell be a worthless failure" idea (I love that idea by the way!) for the Failure domain?

And how would that idea work for the Failure domain anyway? Wouldn't there need to be some incentive for creatures to actually take it?

For domains, I like to look at the Cleric spell list first, and then the Paladin's, for appropriate spells. The Druid/Ranger lists are sometimes applicable for a weather/nature deity, which isn't the case here.

I like to look at the Sorcerer/Wizard and Bard lists last, and if I do grant a spell on that list that's not on a Divine list, I make it a higher level. This has some precedence, although there is also a precedent of granting some Arcane spells at the same level (I think the Time Domain), and some of granting Divine spells at earlier levels. I like to err on the side of under-powered, myself.

What about taking Dominate from the arcane list for the Prinny domain? Would it then need to be a higher level?

Would Charm also be appropriate, or is it too "nice" for this need?

Haven't played a whole lot of Disgaea (more just heard Tengu prattle on about it endlessly), but wouldn't Overlord Baal be, effectively, god of the Prinnies? Dude at least has Divine Ranks by D&D standards, and he takes the form of a Prinny..

Well, if I remember my Disgaea correctly (it has been a few years) there was a Prinny God (the yellow prinny in the picture above. took forever to find an image of him...) before Baal got killed off and reincarnated as a prinny. And I do not believe Baal really ruled over them, or even cared too much about them. He was just a very uber powered one.

All in all, looks nice, dood.

I actually LoL's at that. :smallbiggrin:

mikeejimbo
2008-12-15, 02:59 AM
Hmm. I did not realize domains were meant to achieve a specific purpose. I always figured they were just a list of spells with a certain theme.

Yeah, it is usually more or less just a theme, but with Prinnies, I don't know exactly what the theme would be.

As for what to make the prinny domain, could it be a combination of helping the prinny priests do their job, and help keep the prinnies enslaved? Could it then be possible to use the "ever spell be a worthless failure" idea (I love that idea by the way!) for the Failure domain?

Yes, these both seem like good ideas.

And how would that idea work for the Failure domain anyway? Wouldn't there need to be some incentive for creatures to actually take it?

Huh, that is a good point. Maybe a neat domain power, like once a day you fail so much you actually fail to fail, thereby doing something useful? Not much of an incentive, but funny.

What about taking Dominate from the arcane list for the Prinny domain? Would it then need to be a higher level?

Would Charm also be appropriate, or is it too "nice" for this need?

I think both are viable options. I don't think they need to be a higher level necessarily, either, because while they are powerful, this domain itself is very restricted in who can take it, and probably not that powerful anyway.

For the failure domain, you may consider finding whatever spells are considered to be the most worthless, silly things and making them those.

And don't forget about domain powers. For the Prinny domain, how about something like "Summon Prinny" 1/day as a SLA?

magic_unlocked
2008-12-15, 07:07 AM
I think I might have some help for you.

Prinny Domain
Granted Power: By channeling a small amount of the Plane of Failure, you actually fail to fail. You may re-roll any d20 roll you have just made. If this reroll comes up as a natural 1, it is not treated as an automatic failure, merely a numerical number. You must still beat the DC, however.

1: Backbiter (make target's weapon strike weilder) SC pg. 23
2: Curse of Ill Fortune (-3 on all d20 rolls) SC pg. 56
3: Unluck (make a creature re-roll all roll, forcing them to take the worst result) SC pg. 227
4: Assay Spell Resistance (+10 bonus to bypass SR on 1 creature) SC pg. 17
5: Curse of Ill Fortune, Mass (as curse of ill fortune, but 20ft radius) SC pg. 56
6: Backlash (make a single spell backfire, dealing 1d6 damage per spell level) SC pg. 23
7: Bestow Curse, Greater (as bestow curse, but higher penalties) SC pg. 27
8: Energy Ebb (subject gains 1 negative level/round) SC pg. 80
9: Trap the Soul (steal a subjects and put it into a gem) PHB pg. 295

Maybe that helps? They are along the lines of making the target fail...

Edit: Changed the 9th level spell slot to trap the soul.

DracoDei
2008-12-15, 10:44 AM
Reverse Gravity seems a poor fit to me... maybe Trap The Soul to halt all accommplishment forevermore?

magic_unlocked
2008-12-15, 03:05 PM
Ah, yes, that would seem a lot more appropriate.

newbDM
2009-01-01, 01:10 AM
Huh, that is a good point. Maybe a neat domain power, like once a day you fail so much you actually fail to fail, thereby doing something useful? Not much of an incentive, but funny.

That is an interesting idea. I wonder if it fits the theme, though.

I think I might have some help for you.

Prinny Domain
Granted Power: By channeling a small amount of the Plane of Failure, you actually fail to fail. You may re-roll any d20 roll you have just made. If this reroll comes up as a natural 1, it is not treated as an automatic failure, merely a numerical number. You must still beat the DC, however.

1: Backbiter (make target's weapon strike weilder) SC pg. 23
2: Curse of Ill Fortune (-3 on all d20 rolls) SC pg. 56
3: Unluck (make a creature re-roll all roll, forcing them to take the worst result) SC pg. 227
4: Assay Spell Resistance (+10 bonus to bypass SR on 1 creature) SC pg. 17
5: Curse of Ill Fortune, Mass (as curse of ill fortune, but 20ft radius) SC pg. 56
6: Backlash (make a single spell backfire, dealing 1d6 damage per spell level) SC pg. 23
7: Bestow Curse, Greater (as bestow curse, but higher penalties) SC pg. 27
8: Energy Ebb (subject gains 1 negative level/round) SC pg. 80
9: Trap the Soul (steal a subjects and put it into a gem) PHB pg. 295

Maybe that helps? They are along the lines of making the target fail...

Edit: Changed the 9th level spell slot to trap the soul.

WOW!

This is awesome. Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Just a few questions:

The rerolling ability. Is it meant to only work x times a day, or as much as one likes?
Which book is SC?
The Trap the Soul spell. What if it was a variation that instantly trapped the soul in a Prinny Suit, and sent the individual to the Plane of Failure to the Prinny Council's reception area to await trial? (I guess getting killed/owned by a Prinny at such a high level would probably qualify one for prinnihood...)
This domain seems to collect all the failing spells. Does this not leave room for the failure domain?

edit:
Sorry for the delay in replying to all this. I have been working on my deities section of my website, and have been working on my Candy Land/Elemental Plane of Candy (see my sig for my current projects if yoy like), so I put this on hold for a little bit.

I have also recently got a hold fo Deities & Demigods, and have realized that I made some mistakes in the prinny pantheon of the Prinny Council. I will be working on that now, and will be updating them in the OP when finished.

magic_unlocked
2009-01-03, 05:23 PM
To answer your questions:

1: Yeah, it's 1/day, my bad.
2: SC = Spell Compendium
3: I like your idea better.
4: I don't know?

I hope that helped and yer welcome.