PDA

View Full Version : Kratos vs. Kharn

KilltheToy
2008-12-08, 07:13 PM
My friend and I are having an argument enlightened debate over whether God of War is better than Dawn of War. Since I've only played DoW, and my friends have played all four GoWs, I've come here looking for less biased veiws, since each of us is sticking to our sides. I've decided to make this easy by having Kratos fight his 40k equivilant.We've come to the concensus that Khorne is the 40k equivilant of Kratos, so in an effort to make this even, Kratos will be fighting a Berzerker (http://http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Berzerker). And the Uberberzerker is Kharn (http://http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Kharn_the_Betrayer), the fight will be Kratos vs. Kharn.

My bets, obviously, are on Kharn.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-08, 07:23 PM
Both of them are awesome, but Kratos is, well, a GOD. Even including Kharn's ridiculously powerful axe and armor, and his inability to miss, he's going down.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-12-09, 02:30 PM
Kharn.

What a guy.

Enlong
2008-12-09, 02:35 PM
Kratos.
I mean, he's got high-end healing skills, some nice magic, and I'd like to see humanlike opponents survive a couple of six-hit followed by various lighting-blade combo...

Oh. Wrong Kratos, sorry.

Gundato
2008-12-09, 05:03 PM
Assuming god-level Kratos: Probably Kratos

Assuming Kratos when he inevitably gets de-godded every five minutes: Probably Kharn. It seems like every few levels Kratos has a nervous breakdown and feels remorse. Kharn is best summarized as being able to defeat insanely powerful Slaaneshi worshippers simply because his greatest desire is to hurt things.

NerfTW
2008-12-10, 11:16 AM
Depends on the universe it's taking place in.

If in the God of War ancient Greece, Kratos is unkillable, because every time he dies (in plot, that is), he just fights his way back out of Hades. He's done it in both PS2 games. (Don't know about the others)

Dragonus45
2008-12-10, 01:11 PM
Dang, now i want to see kratos fight his way out of a 40k hell. That would be amazing. Which he would be doing if he fought Khorn.... ever.

KilltheToy
2008-12-10, 05:06 PM
Both of them are awesome, but Kratos is, well, a GOD.

Kharn is a DEMIGOD in 40k. Which is actually much better than it sounds. Every nameless foot soldier has to have at least 2 levels of badass. To become a named character, you have to have epic levels of badass.

Dang, now i want to see kratos fight his way out of a 40k hell. That would be amazing. Which he would be doing if he fought Khorn.... ever.

My first plan was to shoot Kratos with a D-Cannon. Sucking your problems into the Warp usually gets rid of them.

Verruckt
2009-01-03, 12:07 PM
Just win the argument by calmly explaining to your Friend that since Kratos is already clearly worshiping Khorne this argument is moot. (plus the idea of Kratos in the warp is sort of like that Warforged Chain fighter that kills infinite numbers of lvl 1 commoner children. By which I mean it is both epic and never ending.)

KilltheToy
2009-01-03, 03:55 PM
Just win the argument by calmly explaining to your Friend that since Kratos is already clearly worshiping Khorne this argument is moot. (plus the idea of Kratos in the warp is sort of like that Warforged Chain fighter that kills infinite numbers of lvl 1 commoner children. By which I mean it is both epic and never ending.)

Thank you. MASSIVE AND EPIC THANK YOU. :smallbiggrin:

However, didn't Khorne come into being in the Middle Ages? :smallwink:

Nevrmore
2009-01-03, 04:05 PM
Kratos never met a problem that he couldn't hack, slash, crush, or bludgeon to death.

SAMAS
2009-01-04, 10:50 AM
My friend and I are having an argument enlightened debate over whether God of War is better than Dawn of War.

That seems a rather silly debate, given the two are of entirely different genres.

Revlid
2009-01-05, 11:44 AM
Kratos never met a problem that he couldn't hack, slash, crush, or bludgeon to death.

KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIN BURN! KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIM BURN!

Kharn wins, by benefit of being such a great guy.

KilltheToy
2009-01-05, 07:56 PM
That seems a rather silly debate, given the two are of entirely different genres.

He pointed that out, actually. I've intentionally overlooked that.

And trust me, it could be sillier.

Niether has Kharn.

chiasaur11
2009-01-05, 08:10 PM
KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIN BURN! KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIM BURN!

Kharn wins, by benefit of being such a great guy.

And then, if Kratos isn't dead, he buys him a beer made of the blood of the innocent.

Kharn the betrayer, what a guy.

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-01-09, 06:55 PM
Man I can just imagine there being a movie that starts off with you looking at the back of a Daemons head, unable to see his opponent, he goes on about how he's going to brutally kill his foe, he'd be this huge primeval monster, covered in scales that ooze liquid HATE, with like a pair of tiny dinosaur arms right below a pair of huge muscley arms that end in things more akin to talons than claws. The camera sweeps behind it again, giving us a look at it's long reptilian tail that ends in a cruel barb sweeping back and forth, like a hunting cats. We hear the Daemon finish off by saying it will devour this weaklings soul and be done with it, and the screen goes black, and then the camera shows the inside of the daemons hideous fang-filled mouth as it opens, revealing two bladed tongues and row upon row of huge teeth... and his opponent: Kharn. Every 40k fan would be thinking the same thing "Man, this daemon is so SCREWED" XD

*cough* to the debate at hand. I would honestly give Kharn the benefit of the doubt against MOST Greek Gods. Kratos may be badass, but even he's not KHARN badass.