PDA

View Full Version : save the dasies!

kopout
2008-12-08, 09:49 PM
Pushing daisies is being canceled. This is unacceptable I urge my fellow fans to help come up with an email that we can send of to the producers and maybe a petition of some kind to save the show .It should be kept civil we don't want to offend them.

Joran
2008-12-09, 10:10 AM
I personally don't think these kind of petitions work anymore. Jericho managed to get a second season after people deluged the offices with peanuts, but then still didn't get ratings.

Maybe we should send pie... Mmm... pie...

Mewtarthio
2008-12-11, 02:56 PM
Seriously, this would only work if you sent money. Like, a lot more money than they would make with a reality show in that timeslot, along with a promise to send additional money if the show is renewed for a third season.

Mrs. Bait
2008-12-13, 04:31 PM
The American viewing public has progressively less and less taste. I'm still reeling from when Journeyman was cancelled and replaced by the new American Gladiators. Pushing Daisies, like anything by Bryan Fuller, is a fantastic and original, beautifully executed show, and it is a crying shame that it is being cancelled. I'm trying to stay positive, maybe there will at least be a Pushing Daisies movie to wrap up the story (like they are doing with Dead Like Me). Not sure if a cable network would pick it up because it seems like it would have high production costs. What a darn shame . . .

In good news, Bryan Fuller is rumored to be heading back to Heroes, so maybe he can bring back some of the season 1 magic and revitalize the show!

Metal Head
2008-12-13, 05:21 PM
Am I really the only one dancing a merry jig on the grave of this show?

Arlion
2008-12-13, 05:55 PM
Why does most people enjoy the bad shows,instead of the really good ones

Bluelantern
2008-12-13, 07:01 PM
Am I really the only one dancing a merry jig on the grave of this show?

yep, the rest of us have brains inside they heads. Not metal. :smallbiggrin:

Kjata
2008-12-13, 07:22 PM
Why does most people enjoy the bad shows,instead of the really good ones

Who says you don't like the bad show and everyone else likes the good shows?

Metal Head
2008-12-13, 07:25 PM
yep, the rest of us have brains inside they heads. Not metal. :smallbiggrin:

Because metal clearly makes you exempt from intelligence or good taste in entertainment. :smalltongue:

Bluelantern
2008-12-13, 07:25 PM
Who says you don't like the bad show and everyone else likes the good shows?

Me

*completing message that is too short*

Because metal clearly makes you exempt from intelligence or good taste in entertainment. :smalltongue:

A head full of this can't be very smart

http://www.lobisfer.com.br/imgs/ferro.jpg

:smallbiggrin:

Ryuuk
2008-12-13, 07:34 PM
It's a shame its getting canned. It was an interesting show, whenever I had time and caught it on TV I'd watch it through. The Deadpan humor and nonsensical killers were fun.

Metal Head
2008-12-13, 07:41 PM
A head full of this can't be very smart

http://www.lobisfer.com.br/imgs/ferro.jpg

:smallbiggrin:

My head is full of gold and lead, not steel. Because I like my metal super-heavy.

Bluelantern
2008-12-13, 07:54 PM
Seriously what is your problem with the show?

Boo
2008-12-13, 08:59 PM
They're also canceling Chuck, which isn't as good, but it's better than most shows on right now.

Seriously, we're all going to be stuck with reality TV soon. Well, that and Jeopardy. I'm just glad we still have Myth Busters and Dirty Jobs. Those are the closest things to reality TV I ever want to get.

kopout
2008-12-14, 10:28 PM
They're also canceling Chuck, which isn't as good, but it's better than most shows on right now.

Seriously, we're all going to be stuck with reality TV soon. Well, that and Jeopardy. I'm just glad we still have Myth Busters and Dirty Jobs. Those are the closest things to reality TV I ever want to get.

they are canceling Chuck also? crap!

Seriously what is your problem with the show?

Seriously . What is so wrong with you that you can hate Pushing Dasies?

Irenaeus
2008-12-15, 06:40 AM
The American viewing public has progressively less and less taste. I'm still reeling from when Journeyman was cancelled and replaced by the new American Gladiators. Pushing Daisies, like anything by Bryan Fuller, is a fantastic and original, beautifully executed show, and it is a crying shame that it is being cancelled. I'm trying to stay positive, maybe there will at least be a Pushing Daisies movie to wrap up the story (like they are doing with Dead Like Me).For me the American Public seems to have about the same diverse taste as they had a few decades ago. Some awful, some very good.

Very slight spoiler about to which degree the Dead Like Me movie wraps anything up:
Almost not at all. I'm not a huge fan of Dead Like me, but I'm sure I would have be able to spot if it tried to finish something.

I wouldn't survive a Pushing Daisies movie, after a single episode, I'm near a diabetic shock. I like it quite well, but I can't watch more of it in a single sitting.

kopout
2008-12-19, 08:41 PM
all I am saying is that they have a letter writing campaign to protest the casting of the avatar movie and that is not nearly as bad as this