PDA

View Full Version : D&D newbie

Jwioden
2008-12-09, 01:51 AM
hey guys, i'm new here so i hope this is in the right thread.
I'm new to D&D only having just purchesed the strater set and was wondering if you guys could give me any hints?tips on being a first time DM. Im playing with one other friend and he will be the rouge from the pre set characters. What should i do to make the game interesting after we have been through the starter encounters? looking forward to my first game.

Thanks

Kizara
2008-12-09, 02:02 AM
First question: what edition? 4th?

Jwioden
2008-12-09, 03:19 AM
yes. sorry should have said that. also nether of us have played D&D before.

Kaun
2008-12-09, 03:36 AM
have fun.. dont stress about getting the rules 100% right the first time. If you dont know how to handle something and you cant find the rule just figure out a rought % of the thing happening in a sucsesfull way and roll on it.

Basicly aslong as your having fun your doing it right!:smallbiggrin:

BobVosh
2008-12-09, 03:38 AM
You and one rogue? Basically do what seems fun, and recommend he plays something not so dependent on positioning. Like a fighter.

Jwioden
2008-12-09, 04:16 AM
Yeah, i know ill mess up, and i'm ready for that. Also, i'll see if he'll change although i doubt it, he loves rogues. Thanks for the tips.:smallbiggrin:

hewhosaysfish
2008-12-09, 08:20 AM
You and one rogue? Basically do what seems fun, and recommend he plays something not so dependent on positioning. Like a fighter.

Well, he won't have a flanking buddy to get Sneak Attack (unless he's joined by an NPC) but without a cleric and fighter following him around wearing tin-cans then he can employ hit-and-run tactics, ambushes, etc. All that roguey goodness.