PDA

View Full Version : I´m Da Rogue

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-09, 06:02 AM
I´m sorry if I´m wrong but, I haven´t heard from in some time now and with the mess in Greece, I just wanna know, does anybody know if she is fine and safe?

Do note NOT to let this dissolve into politics about the mess in greece, please.

I´m just worried....*hugs for Rogue*

Irenaeus
2008-12-09, 07:19 AM
I have no idea, but Greece has over 11 million inhabitants, and the number of people directly affected (not to metion hurt) is relatively small. I would bet (and hope) that she is quite fine.

Fingers crossed, though, just to be safe.

Fan
2008-12-09, 07:32 AM
Fingers crossed indeed.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-09, 07:38 AM
I have no idea, but Greece has over 11 million inhabitants, and the number of people directly affected (not to metion hurt) is relatively small. I would bet (and hope) that she is quite fine.

Fingers crossed, though, just to be safe.
Yeah, but reading it everyday in the papers and seeing it everyday on the news and that it´s also pretty hard in Athens just worries me.

But yeah, fingers crossed....

Serpentine
2008-12-09, 07:45 AM
Wait... There's a mess in Greece? What mess?! :smalleek:

Evil DM Mark3
2008-12-09, 07:47 AM
I too must confess my ignorance.

Morty
2008-12-09, 07:50 AM
From what I've read in today's newspaper, there's riots on the streets, people are throwing molotov cocktails and have set fire to a a governmental building as well as several civillian ones.

Lord Herman
2008-12-09, 07:50 AM
A kid got shot by the police, which sparked riots all over Greece. I do believe it's over now, though.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-09, 07:51 AM
A kid got shot by the police, which sparked riots all over Greece. I do believe it's over now, though.

Not from what I have heard, it was still riots when I watched the news this morning.

Irenaeus
2008-12-09, 07:57 AM
Wait... There's a mess in Greece? What mess?! :smalleek:Riots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Greek_riots).

It is difficult not to worry about such things, I've had friends in Lebanon and Syria at the times our embassies there were tourched (the Danish cartoon-riots-thingy), and I worried quite a bit. After that I've always tried to remember that riots are almost always figured very prominently in the media, while they often does not affect as many people as the media attention would seem to suggest. It helps me keep calm.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-09, 07:59 AM
Riots over Greece, including Crete and several smaller islands.
In london the Greek ambassy got stormed....

And thenks Ire.

banjo1985
2008-12-09, 08:08 AM
Yeah it's still going on, though apparently the numbers of people involved are starting to trail off a bit.

From what I remember Rogue doesn't live right in the centre of Athens, so I guess she's okay, I hope she's okay anyway.

someonenonotyou
2008-12-09, 08:18 AM
oh im worried i hope she ok :smalleek:

Irenaeus
2008-12-09, 08:38 AM
And thenks Ire.No problem. :smallsmile:

From what I remember Rogue doesn't live right in the centre of Athens, so I guess she's okay, I hope she's okay anyway.That is very good. Hopefully, she does exactly what we do: watch it on the news and worry about her friends. Who are hopefully okay as well.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-12-09, 08:56 AM
Hopefully, she does exactly what we do: watch it on the news and worry about her friends.Which of course is a very good reason why she might not be online much.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-12-09, 10:03 AM
Not from what I have heard, it was still riots when I watched the news this morning.

Oh, that was in Greece? I wondered where that was as I saw it...

I hope she's okay. Hell, I hope everyone's okay.

Neko Toast
2008-12-09, 10:18 AM

Sounds like the start of the Ishbal war... [/FMA reference]

Sorry, bad habit. I do send my well wishes, though. Hope he's alright.

Player_Zero
2008-12-09, 10:21 AM

Well, "over"... But yeah, I'm fairly positive that no one was seriously hurt during the riots. It's more likely her PC is broken or she's taking a break or something.

Also, discussing the matter would be politics.

Sounds like the start of the Ishbal war... [/FMA reference]

I'm not so sure sending in magic-wielding soldiers would be such a good move this time.

Groundhog
2008-12-09, 10:22 AM
I hope she's all right too...I had no idea anything was going on there...

UncleWolf
2008-12-09, 10:24 AM
I'm not so sure sending in magic-wielding soldiers would be such a good move this time.

Yeah, I don't think that would be such a good idea. Cool? yes. Good? no.

Don't worry DD, I'm sure that she is fine.

Milanius
2008-12-09, 12:04 PM
I'm seeing things I can't believe on news for 3 days now. Athens, Salonika, Corfu... all this violence and hatred erupting so suddenly in one of few lands I truly consider friendly with us :smallfrown: as for Rogue, I hope she's ok and unshaken by all of this. Had no idea she was from Greece.

It just hits a person. The more people around the world you get go know and like, the more you're shaken when you hear about eartquakes, summer firestorms, floods, hurricanes in their countries... damnation. At least this could have been prevented.

Dirk Kris
2008-12-09, 12:08 PM
It just hits a person. The more people around the world you get go know and like, the more you're shaken when you hear about eartquakes, summer firestorms, floods, hurricanes in their countries... damnation.

Here, here!
I totally feel your pain, dude.

ghost_warlock
2008-12-09, 12:29 PM
Yes. I have not heard from a friend of mine in Germany for...going on 3 weeks now. Used to talk to her just about every day and now...nadda. Hasn't responded to e-mail, either. :smallsigh::smallfrown:

Exeson
2008-12-09, 12:49 PM
Well I spoke to her a few days ago on IM and it didn't seem like anyhting was particularly wrong, so I assume she is ok.

Optimism FTW

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-09, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Roguey is just on one of her prolonged absences from the Playground, DD.
I'm fairly certain she's alright :smallsmile:

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-09, 01:29 PM
Annnnd, Roguey just signed in on msn.

It seems she's fine :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-09, 01:34 PM
Annnnd, Roguey just signed in on msn.

It seems she's fine :smalltongue:
Yeah she just signed on.

But she isn't responding.
I guess she's fine then.

Yay?

Milanius
2008-12-09, 04:50 PM
Yeah she just signed on.

But she isn't responding.
I guess she's fine then.

Yay?Or, she just might be depressed about all that is happening in her homeland. I know full fell how it is when you go to IRC, connect and then... nothing. No will to talk, no one says "hey man, how are you' or, if they do, you lie to them and say you're OK. Give it time.

V: this is exactly why you should proceed with sending her that christmass present; small acts of kindness can make one's day or even a year much better

FoE
2008-12-09, 06:03 PM
Damn. I was just going to send her a Christmas present.

Oh, I hope she's OK.