PDA

View Full Version : WINNERS of the Monster Contest!

Lilly
2005-10-17, 11:51 PM
It's what you all have been waiting for, a month and a half of hard work and trash talk comes down to this...

The envelope please..... *drumroll*

Best Overall Entry: Now I lay me down to sleep by Vorpal Tribble

Best Low Level Entry: Little Golems by Sacrath

Best Mid Level Entry: Now I lay me down to sleep by Vorpal Tribble

Best High Level Entry: Cadre of Suffering by Frojoe21

Expansion of a theme Award: Now I lay me down to sleep by Vorpal Tribble

Most useful as an encounter: Wizenfolk by foxtail

Most useful as a PC race: Contrary to Popular Belief by Bingo Bob

Flumph Award: They Came from Santa Cruz by LeifVignirsson

And the Cookie (also known as mod's choice) goes to: Notable Creatures of the Southern Plains by Rimx (This was a really hard choice, they were all so good)

Congrats to all the winners! The bragging rights are all yours.

I hope you all have had fun, I know I have.

LeifVignirsson
2005-10-17, 11:55 PM
I have achieved my dream! I AM BUTTERED TOAST!!!

No... wait... that is Ed, Edd and Eddy...

Kids, thanks for showing me that you all know quality when it comes to being useless. I will take this award with great pride. Sadly, I had to make fun of my town to do it, but still... ;D

Rykounagin
2005-10-18, 12:05 AM
The odds have been defeated, the natural order is gone, GLYPH LOST! *gasps* but great job to the rest of you, may the rest of us learn from our CRUSHING DEFEAT *lol* and do better next time!

Good job y'all!

Sacrath
2005-10-18, 12:09 AM
After years (time maybe exagerated) of waiting! Yay! This contest was awsome, good job to everybody who won, and good luck next time for those who didn't. As for my horn *toot toot*.

The Vorpal Tribble
2005-10-18, 12:19 AM
Congrats guys! About everyone I voted on got it, so all is well ;D

*burbles in satisfaction*

Snommelp
2005-10-18, 01:19 AM
Curses! Foiled again! I'll get you next time, Gadget!

...now, if you'll excuse me, my inner five year old is crying, my inner two year old is throwing a tantrum, and my inner ninety year old has fallen asleep and can't control the kids.

Congratulations, all.

Sucros
2005-10-18, 02:23 AM
I may not have won anything, but those who did were well deserving, so all is well.

Serraphin
2005-10-18, 03:21 AM
Congrats to the winners.

Completely deserved :)

Now I'm in the swing of things I'm looking forward to the next set of trash talk and brow beating.

The Glyphstone
2005-10-18, 05:27 AM
Hooray. Not great I didn't win, but now I can resume plotting and finally overwhelm you all in the next contest!!!!

I really didn't think to win anything this time anyways, my entry was rather uninspired.

foXXtail
2005-10-18, 09:28 AM
Thank you, all!

The lesson here? Fey are fun!

The Vorpal Tribble
2005-10-18, 10:04 AM
The lesson here? Fey are fun
Oh, definetely ;D

Yours deserved to win most useable. I mean, its called Dungeon and Dragons, but generally I see more taverns/inns and brawls.

Btw, you gave me an idea for the great-grandaddy of the Weizenfolk:

John Barleycorn (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1128623535 )

Turin
2005-10-18, 06:40 PM
Congratulations to all the winners!!! ;)

Now as for the next contest...

Frojoe21
2005-10-18, 06:59 PM
YAY, I think I won by default. Unfortunatley, my songbird entry didn't get the reception that I wanted. Oh well, a wins a win.

*Pulls out paper*

I would like to thank Axelgear for the intro, concept and art, and all of the people who did vote for me. Thanks a lot.

The Vorpal Tribble
2005-10-18, 08:47 PM
I voted for the Cadre of Suffering for best expansion of theme myself.

Now as for the next contest...
Hear him, hear him! ;D

Sacrath
2005-10-18, 08:57 PM
Hear him, hear him! ;D

We just can't be pleased can we? The mods could probably use some time, you know, with thier families and stuff. Ah well, they knew the risks when they signed up for this. ;)

bingo_bob
2005-10-18, 09:17 PM
WOOT!!!

WOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOTWOOT!!!

*ahem* Wow... just, wow... I'm surprised that I actually won...

Thanks to all the people who voted for me in that category, and in all other categories.

Congrats to all the other winners, and better luck next time to the writers of the entries that didn't quite make it.

You have completely made my day.

Bil123
2005-10-25, 06:53 PM
When is the next contest coming? Next month/week ?

Wooz
2005-11-07, 10:28 PM
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Sooooo? Contest updates? Anything? Ideas? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SilverElf4
2005-11-15, 10:54 AM
Ditto! I'd like to see this board revived. It looks like phun. 8)

Gorbash Kazdar
2005-11-17, 03:22 PM
As mentioned in the Contest Ideas thread, the next contest will begin on the 1st of December.