PDA

View Full Version : [SWSE] 1gm-1pc

Darth Stabber
2008-12-09, 03:14 PM
Does any one have any good Ideas for starwars saga edition one on one, My fiance is a gigantic kotor fan and just went out and bought the main book and the Old Republic splat book. Would a jedi(gm)/padawan(pc) be the best way to do it? How would I go about doing that? I really want to get her into RPGs and I think this is the best shot that I am going to have, since when I'm not home she plays alot kotor 2 the initial buy in is there, I just have to deliver an experience to make it unforgettable. Any thoughts, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kiero
2008-12-10, 03:47 AM
With one PC you're going to have some real problems in terms of creating interesting encounters, especially if you start the PC at 1st level.

I'd really recommend not having them play sidekick to a GMPC, that's not a particularly fun way of getting started for someone new to the game.

What I'd recommend is starting them at about 3rd level, and if they want to be a Jedi, perhaps they're a Padawan trusted to get on with certain tasks by themselves. The Master could be in the frame for advice and guidance, just not there to do everything with the PC merely tagging along for moral support.

Alternatively, get some more players, at least two, they'll make a big difference. I just joined a group which previously had two players, and the addition of a third has seriously improved our potential. More fun for the GM, more fun for the players.

Darth Stabber
2008-12-11, 05:25 PM
Thank you.

Kiero
2008-12-11, 07:11 PM
Even if you get some more players, still start them at at least 3rd level. You'll get a more interesting mix of PCs that way, and they can do more.

Darth Stabber
2008-12-29, 03:03 PM
How would I mitigate the higher power lvl of the jedi master over the padawan

BardicDuelist
2008-12-29, 03:05 PM

Don't make it a "higher power level" but a higher wisdom level, knowledge level, etc.

Kiero
2008-12-29, 03:11 PM

Well for one, don't have the Master wandering around with the Padawan in tow all of the time. Maybe the Padawan has non-Jedi friends (ie other PCs or if all else fails GMPCs or some co-characters) who help them out. Or they could be employees either of the Master or the Jedi. That way they get to be the main Jedi of their group, not stuck in their Master's shadow. If the Master isn't regularly with them, it doesn't really matter how powerful they are.

If you must have the PC in the Master's entourage, make their abilities complementary. If the PC is a warrior-Jedi, make the Master a diplomat, healer or teacher who's less specced for combat. If the PC is a sneaky-Sentinel type, maybe then the Master could be an old warhorse, who creates openings the youngster can take advantage of with their cunning.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-12-29, 04:16 PM

Check out the films (except episodes 1-3, I guess, since they don't really do this): Obi-Wan doesn't go around holding Luke's hand. He trains Luke, and lets Luke and the other protagonists (who'd be the PCs) do their own stuff, while Obi-Wan does his thing. Any time they get somewhere, have the Jedi Master give the PC responsibility for something and go off on his own mysterious business.

Kiero
2008-12-29, 04:46 PM
Check out the films (except episodes 1-3, I guess, since they don't really do this): Obi-Wan doesn't go around holding Luke's hand. He trains Luke, and lets Luke and the other protagonists (who'd be the PCs) do their own stuff, while Obi-Wan does his thing. Any time they get somewhere, have the Jedi Master give the PC responsibility for something and go off on his own mysterious business.

Although equally in the films, Obi-wan plays Qui-Gonn's sidekick. And later on Anakin plays Obi-wan's sidekick (least until the sidekick is given a seemingly unimportant mission of his own).

TheCountAlucard
2008-12-29, 05:49 PM
Alternatively, get some more players, at least two, they'll make a big difference.

+1. Get some good friends over and play it as a group.