PDA

View Full Version : Have a question about deathward

Immutep
2008-12-09, 05:56 PM
Ok, version 3.5 magic item compendium gives rules for a Deathward ability bonus for armour, which it says can be activated once per day. However, it totally fails to mention the duration of the benefit. If i was to interprit this litterally, it appears that the benefit lasts for the entire day (I'm almost certain this will not be the case) does anybody have a more up to date copy of this rule than me? How long are the effects supposed to last?

Seffbasilisk
2008-12-09, 06:01 PM
When in doubt, check the caster level for creating the item, then check the spell.

If it's CL 11 to make, and lasts 1min per level...then it lasts 11min.

Winged One
2008-12-09, 06:05 PM
The wording in my copy of the MIC seems to imply that it works only on the death effect or negative energy effect that you activate it in response to, but it doesn't actually say that. Going by Seff's rule, it lasts for 7 minutes

Blood_Lord
2008-12-09, 07:24 PM
You are missing two things.

1) It never says as the spell or anything. It says it gives you the immunities of the spell to a single effect. Not effects. So, it's one use.

2) Cost. A Quickened item of Deathward 1/day (add on some more cost for being an immediate action instead of swift) costs way more then a +1 to a weapon. There is no way that makes sense.