PDA

View Full Version : A shameless plug for the Giant.

daggaz
2008-12-10, 07:56 AM
So, I was in the gamer's shop the other day, and lo and behold, what do I see? OOTS merchandise! All the way out here in little tiny Denmark!!!

Without a second thought, I picked up "On the Origin of PCs" and "Start of Darkness," and I have only one regret. I read them both in the same day, there is no more =(.

Origins was definitely cool, but Start of Darkness has got to be one of the best RP comics I've read in a long time. AWESOME plot line, Giant!! And the jokes were nonstop as well. I gotta say, the part where Xykon gets his lichdom (no spoilers here, you all know he wasnt born like that) was freaking incredible!!!

Anyhow, it was definitely worth paying double for (stupid economy), and if you haven't read these books, you are seriously missing out! Now I am just saving some extra bucks for the board game. 75$, and I dont know too many people who will play it with me, but....MUST....HAVE.....

Thanks a ton, Rich!!!
-a very pleased fan

Cizak
2008-12-10, 09:43 AM
Lucky you. Now I've just gotta find those books in Sweden...

Grushvak
2008-12-10, 09:46 AM
Don't worry about the board game, you'll find people to play with. It's a bit hard to get into, but once your friends know the rules, they'll be harrassing you to bring it over whenever you're around.

FeAnPi
2008-12-10, 09:46 AM
... or in Italy...

Or, actually, in Sardinia, the mighty island where you cannot even find italian RPGs.

Tass
2008-12-10, 09:49 AM
So, I was in the gamer's shop the other day, and lo and behold, what do I see? OOTS merchandise! All the way out here in little tiny Denmark!!!

Without a second thought, I picked up "On the Origin of PCs" and "Start of Darkness," and I have only one regret. I read them both in the same day, there is no more =(.

Origins was definitely cool, but Start of Darkness has got to be one of the best RP comics I've read in a long time. AWESOME plot line, Giant!! And the jokes were nonstop as well. I gotta say, the part where Xykon gets his lichdom (no spoilers here, you all know he wasnt born like that) was freaking incredible!!!

Anyhow, it was definitely worth paying double for (stupid economy), and if you haven't read these books, you are seriously missing out! Now I am just saving some extra bucks for the board game. 75$, and I dont know too many people who will play it with me, but....MUST....HAVE.....

Thanks a ton, Rich!!!
-a very pleased fan

Nice! Hvor? I Faraos cigarer? Jeg vil gerne spille med dig.

Jan Mattys
2008-12-10, 09:53 AM
... or in Italy...

Or, actually, in Sardinia, the mighty island where you cannot even find italian RPGs.

I ordered both Origins and Start of Darkness from APE shop http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html to Bologna.

time of arrival: 8 days.

SteveMB
2008-12-10, 10:02 AM
Don't worry about the board game, you'll find people to play with. It's a bit hard to get into, but once your friends know the rules, they'll be harrassing you to bring it over whenever you're around.

The real difficulty is finding enough time; it's a fairly long game. Other than that, you should be able to find players if there's a population of gamers in your area to begin with.

babson99
2008-12-10, 10:13 AM
Getting a bit off-topic here, but I spent 3.5 years in the United Arab Emirates (specifically Dubai), and there was one game store that sold Warhammer stuff, mostly, with a couple of dusty Player's Handbooks lying around. The store had what might be the single laziest and stupidest employee I've ever known, which for Dubai is saying something. When he wasn't sleeping, he was refusing to special order anything -- like, say, a Monster Manual. I'm not even sure he understood what the shop sold. It's not often that I'm happy to see a game store close, but I was when that one did.

Ordering gaming books from Amazon et al. was iffy, because all the talk of wizardry made customs officials uncomfortable, and they tended to confiscate things that made them uncomfortable. Eventually I just bought the books when I was in the US on vacation and brought them back with me.

rayne_dragon
2008-12-10, 10:14 AM

As people have said, you should have no trouble finding players, you just need... a whole day and a large flat area to play. I spent six hours playing it with just two players and no backstabbing. Its the kind of game that plays faster if everyone works together.

daggaz
2008-12-10, 10:28 AM
Nice! Hvor? I Faraos cigarer? Jeg vil gerne spille med dig.

Ja, netop! =) Jeg leder også efter folk, der spiller tabletop..

Translation(direct): Yes, exactly! =) I look also after people, who play tabletop.

Btw Cizak, that Faraos shop is in Copenhagen Center. Go down Strøget until you get to Jørks Passage, go thru the passage, take a right. Its like the second or third shop on your right.

FeAnPi
2008-12-10, 10:34 AM
I ordered both Origins and Start of Darkness from APE shop http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html to Bologna.

time of arrival: 8 days.

Thanks. Now i know what I'll sook ask as a gift.

(I feared huge expedition times, but 8 days... even if they will became 12, who cares)