PDA

View Full Version : Item creation and Skill bonuses. Boni?

Heliomance
2008-12-10, 09:24 AM
I've read through the magic item chapter in the DMG, and I can't find this info. What's the maximum skill bonus you're allowed to stick on an item before it becomes epic? And where are the limits for non-epic equipment given?

bosssmiley
2008-12-10, 09:28 AM
IIRC you can't create an item with a larger bonus than you have ranks in the skill. Even that is over-generous to the point of insanity though. +1 bonus per 2-3 caster levels is saner.

jcsw
2008-12-10, 09:47 AM
I've read through the magic item chapter in the DMG, and I can't find this info. What's the maximum skill bonus you're allowed to stick on an item before it becomes epic? And where are the limits for non-epic equipment given?

Reference: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm

kamikasei
2008-12-10, 10:10 AM

I forget where it's found - I can try and dig it up later - but the general rule is: no more than a +5 enhancement bonus on a weapon or armor, no more than a +10 equivalent in total bonuses, no more than +6 on a stat-booster, no more than +30 to a skill.