PDA

View Full Version : Disciples of the True Way [IC]

Silverkiss
2008-12-10, 12:11 PM
Year 742, Spring 49 - Morning

You stand now in the great garden of the School of the True Way, your dream inches from your hand... After many perils, you finally reached here, and you are more than ready to start your training.

Sadly, things are not that simple.

Around you are dozens of other would-be disciples, and the Grandmaster just said that they will only be accepting four people. What will happen with the others ? What are the Trials of Death ? Lost in your thoughts, you barely hear the Grandmaster as he starts speaking again.

Grandmaster Gilgamesh the Sorcerer: "Before we continue, a last warning. Those of you who are afraid of death or have reconsidered the choice of joining this School may flee now, if they so wish. It is no shame, life is precious. Just leave, if you wish, no one will stop you."

A few minutes pass, and no one moves. It seems that everyone is intending to go on to the very end. The Grandmaster continues:

"Very well then. I will now give your instructions. The Trials of Death consist of a difficult task you will have to accomplish. You will be randomly separated into groups of four, and each group's task may be different than the next one's. All tasks will be completed inside an illusionary dimension that I will send you to. You will have to figure what task it is by yourselves. It will be easier to complete the tasks if you work together, but it is not required to do so. After a set time limit, I will dispel the illusionary dimension. If there are more than four people alive and conscious at that time, the disciples will be decided in a battle royale. Everyone understood ?" - The Grandmaster stops for a split-second, before continuing without giving anyone the chance to answer - "Good ! Off you go."

The Grandmaster quickly crouches, touching the ground with his hand and whispering something too low to be heard. You briefly see a huge black sphere expanding from the Grandmaster's hand, and then your vision blacks out. When you awaken, you are in what seems to be a cave, and there are three other people with you.

Exeson
2008-12-10, 12:20 PM
Ithelus grunts and leaps to his feet. He immediately moves so that his back is against a wall and adopts a defensive stance. After a moment he relaxes and addresses the others once the awake.

"Greetings, I'm Ithelus, nice to meet you." Despite his friendly attitude perceptive people notice that he is still fairly defensive. He slowly reaches into his bag and draws out a roll of cloth which he then unrolls. He takes out one of the stakes and tucks it into his belt. He returns the rest to his satchel.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-10, 02:26 PM
Razade

Razade stabdsm brushing himself off nodding to the others

"Yare, I am Razade, a pleasure to meet you Ithelus."

Razade then places a hand on the ground, pulling the cave floor with him as he stands once more, shaping it into a long legged bird like form.

"No time like the present hmmm?"

Razade then hops on the back of the strange creature, giving it a slight pat on its head

Exeson
2008-12-10, 02:53 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus chuckles and regards the bird. "Very interesting, are you an earth elementalist or merely trained in the ways of Shapeing? What else can you do?"

Innis Cabal
2008-12-10, 03:15 PM
Razade

Razade pats the head of the bird

"This is my most noble companion. Wark. To the other question...I am one with the Flesh of the Earth. Its power is granted to me...the elements of its blood are what I channel."

Exeson
2008-12-10, 03:34 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus nods, "very poetic... You think the other two are going to wake up any time soon?"

Innis Cabal
2008-12-10, 03:35 PM
Razade

Razade shrugs

"No need to rush them. Let them sleep longer. I am sure we will all be thankful of the rest soon."

Exeson
2008-12-10, 03:49 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus nods. "Fair's fair." He pulls the stake from his belt and starts to spin it around in his hand the he suddenly stops and returns the weapon to his belt. Taking a step or two forward he extends his hand towards Razade with a smile. "I'm forgetting my manners"

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-10, 04:20 PM
Kaelvan

The unusually broad elf nodded at the others, his face placid as he looked around at the odd place the Grandmaster had sent them to.

And I was forgetting mine. My name is Kaelvan, and I, also, am an elementalist. My proclivities lie in the transmutation of elements from one form to another, particularly in the realm of Earth, and of metals.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-10, 04:40 PM
Razade

Razade gives a look at the hand

"A human greeting?"

Razade then turns his head to look to the other speaker

"Good morning, was your rest well Kaelvan? It would seem we both have a good deal in common, as I as well focus on the element of earth. Perhaps we could discuss technical procecdures and rituals when our lives are slightly less in peril?"

Exeson
2008-12-10, 04:52 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus frowns as his offered hand is ignored. "Now I'm not sure about you but where I come from that is considered fairly rude,"

he then turn to Kaelvan, "Greetings," Hw then offers his hand to Kaelvan.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-10, 04:59 PM
Razade

Razade turns again to Ithelus

"Where I am from we do not do such....which is why I asked to what it was."

Razade offers his hand

"There was no meaning to offend, merely cultural inquiry ."

Exeson
2008-12-10, 05:09 PM
"Ah, sorry" Exeson takes the offered hand and shakes it. As he does this two tendrils creep out from his sleeve and begin to wind around Razade wrist if he does not notice them.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-10, 08:32 PM
Razade

Razade removes his hand after the shake, if he did notice the tendrils...he didn't seem to pay much mind to it.

"One more and we'll set off then? Anyone have anything to eat? Spare provisions? We will probably need it sometime. I myself am a fair cook, perhaps when we take a rest we can eat as well?"

Exeson
2008-12-11, 01:53 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus reaches into his satchel and pulls out some dried fish. "This is all I have, not the best tasting stuff but it is at least something to chew."

He hands over the fish to Razade. "I have half a mind to just scout out our surroundings, I'll be back in a bit."

Exeson pulls the stake out of his belt and twirls it in his hand. he then holds out his open hand in front of him and breathes deeply. He slowly flexes the digits and stalks away.

[OOC: Casting Stone Skin on his left hand, spike held in his right hand, scouting out our surroundings, heading towards the opening of the cave/ source of light.]

Innis Cabal
2008-12-11, 02:29 PM
Razade

Razade takes the fish and places it in his pack

"Don't wander to far. We're all in this togather so far. We need to use our heads and get through it. When the other one wakes we should discuss how we are to go about this"

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-11, 04:20 PM
Kaelvan

The elf nodded in agreement Aye... we should strive to work together. After all, not only will it be easier for us to complete the tasks together, but if any of the others make it through, we will be in the best situation if all of us are in condition to face them.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-11, 05:09 PM
Razade

Razade nodded

"Though, we must also discuss should we get seperated. We do not know what is ahead. All things must be taken into consideration."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-12, 05:54 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama blinked his eyes, returning to a world of light. "Mmm..." He sat up, slightly confused by the new surroundings and the voices that surround him. "Sorry about that..." He says, his voice a little weak as he gets to his feet, retrieving his hat from the ground when he does and properly fitting it onto his head. "I suppose I'm not used to sorcery. How silly I must seem."

He took a moment to adjust his dusty clothing and to look about for his walking stick before turning properly to face the others. "My name is Tadanori Oyama. Nice to meet you all."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-12, 06:47 PM
Razade

Razade places a hand over his mouth

"Oi oi! Ithelus, the last one is up. Shall we start planning?"

Razade then nods Tadanori

"Good morning. I am Razade. A pleasure to be sure."

Exeson
2008-12-13, 05:17 AM
Ithelus

Ithelus turns around and makes his way back to the group. Upon seeing Tadanori Oyama he steps forward and holds out his hand. "Ithelus, nice to meet you." If Tadanori Oyama holds onto his hand for too long the tendrils will begin to creep out from his sleeve and try to wrap around Tadanori Oyama's wrist.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-13, 11:57 AM
Razade

Razade pulls his mount to face the others

"Now then...the comming trials will surely be harsh. And though we have just met, we are in this togather. Should we split up, let us take a vow to meet one another on the other side of these trials. Our hopes lay in it no?

We do not know how many days this trial will take, I would suggest holding out on food and water untill it is absolutly needed. What did you find out there Ithelus?"

Exeson
2008-12-13, 12:43 PM
Ithelus's head turns, "not much at all really. I did not get too far down. I highly doubt the cave is natural, or it has at least been modified.... If indeed any of this actually exists and was not created by the Sorceror. The tunnel goes on for a bit, and the floor glows green. You cannot see the ceiling though, which makes me worried. I think there is a big hall at the end of the tunnel."

His head turns sharply as he notices the tendrils attempting to wrap around Tadanori's wrist. With a frown he takes away his hand.

"I think it is a good idea to not stand too close together, and to keep an order of march. I am a close to mid range fighter mainly, and I cannot be harmed, so I will take point."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-13, 01:05 PM
Razade

Razade nods

"I beleive that would be best. I specialize in ranged assult and elemental minipulation. The last thing we need to worry about is ourselves. I shall take center. Sadly my close ranged combat skills are...less then up to speed."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-13, 03:21 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama shook the offered hand but quickly withdraw from the bizzare feeling of tendrils on his skin.

"Delighted to meet you, Ithelus. I am Oyama and it seems we'll be working together. It seems like we're to be pitted against one another in these tests. I had rather hoped for something more along the lines of a written exam."

Oyama gives the ground a good thump with his walking stick. "Certainly seems real enough, doesn't it? Well, I suppose that will be sorcerery for you."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-13, 03:26 PM
Razade

Razade shakes his head

"We are the group of four, it would be best if we did not work against one another, as the man said. Even though the trial is ours to figure out, we must do so togather. Or fail togather. I for one...would truely love getting to the School."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-13, 03:36 PM
Tadanori Oyama

"I did not mean us four. I mean that we, as potentials, are to be placed against other potentials. It is not a prospect that I enjoy. I saw some of the individuals that surrounded me before we began and there are those among them who I would judge willing to take lives to ensure their passage of these trials.

Risking my own life was one thing, taking what belongs to someone else is quite another. I already begin to dislike this place. But seeing as we are together in this ordial, I will do what I can to assist."

Exeson
2008-12-13, 04:47 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus nodds, "Everyone dies at some point, hopefully people would move out of each other's paths but sometimes, as with these trials, interests are going to clash head-on, and then it is the one with the stronger will that will prevail. Taking a life is just the natural course of things."

He claps his hands together and rubs them. "Right, looks like things are about to kick off. As soon as we have march order sorted."

He reaches into his satchel and pulls out the roll of cloth again, this time he removes all of the spikes and places them one by one in his belt.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-13, 07:12 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama tilts his hat back, setting his eyes on Ithelus properly.

"Taking the lives of others to be part of the natural cycle of the world? That is horrifying. There are people attempting to win this event for not reason other than their own concerns, whatever they might be, and some will kill to see their desires made manifest.

The destruction of life for the satisfaction of a single individual. You believe that to be just?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-13, 07:53 PM
Kaelvan

The elf looked at Tadanori, his serene mask cracked only by the arching of a single eyebrow. Even as he spoke, he concentrated, making a lifting gesture and causing several chunks of rock to float upwards, transmuting into perfectly rounded orbs of glittering steel, which began to revolve around his head - useful either as offensive weapons, or, with appropriate changes of shape, defensive shields.

Think of it this way, my friend - everyone who has come to this academy has accepted the risks to their life and health. To make it this far, they have already overcome countless perils - I know that I myself have, if I may so without sounding arrogant. I agree that it would be best to spare them if we may - but to risk one's life is the greatest sign of dedication to one's cause. We fight to win. We fight for honor. We fight for a chance to become more than we are. I do not wish to kill anyone, but nor will I stay my hand in pursuit of my goal if I am forced to take another's life. They know the risks, and so do we. Now it is time to see who has the strength of mind, body, and will to transcend their limitations.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-13, 08:23 PM
Razade

Razade grins slightly, shaking his head

"The world does in fact work that way my friend. The death of one gives life to another. So it is in nature...so it is in all life. It is merely a cycle of rebirth in the world. Their is a large difference between killing to live and killing for satisfaction. In this event, we four must survive. If that means we must stop others in our way. Rest assured I value your life far above the others.

Should I have gone with another group, then it would be different. But fate has placed us togather. And for the time being we are more or less family in a world that -DOES- wish to harm us. We can talk philosophy after we survive. Agreed?"

Silverkiss
2008-12-13, 08:40 PM
As the conversation draws on, the group starts moving towards the hall that was spotted by Ithelus. The walls' and floor's greenish glow gives an eerie feeling to each of the four mean, but they press on, focused on the results of the trial. This was their only chance at furthering their own goals, and they would not let it go easily.

As they enter the hall, the conversation dies off. No one said anything more, because of the sheer greateness of the scene saw in the hall. First, as soon as they left the tunnel they were following, the group noticed that the hall was a huge room, where the walls couldn't be seen, lost in the darkness, much like the ceiling. However, the hall was not a common room, for it turned into a pit a few meters off the tunnel's entrance. Looking down from the higher ground of the hall, the group was seeing, at the bottom of the pit, a fierce battle. Some ten meters below, a knight clad in heavy platemail fought against a monstrous spider-like supernatural creature, trading blows from his sword and shield with the creature's armored legs.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-13, 09:02 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama prepared to counter the statements of his fellows but was forced to keep his tongue at the stunning sight before him. This truly was a strange place he found himself. Perhaps this whole affair had been a mistake from the start. People who killed, sorcery, and who knew what else? Still, it was awe inspiring. And he wanted to know how it came to be so on he must press.

The clatter of battle called Oyama's eyes from above to the pits where there was, indeed, a struggle taking place.

"Ah! He is in need of aid. If he is one of the others we may subdue him after the monster is vanquished."

Oyama raises his hands, spreading them slowly in the air before him. His lips moved as he spoke softly under his breath. The ground before the traveler began to change, tiny lines and patterns rising out of it, forming a small pattern. With each moment the pattern spread, slowly growing larger and more interwoven with itself.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-13, 09:05 PM
Razade

Razade holds up a hand, as if to stop the others

"Are we sure the "knight" is the one we must aid? Simply becuase its form is like ours? I suggest pacification before elimination"

Upong saying this, a large globe of earth seems to raise out of the ground at a wave of Razade's hand, a large swallow forming from the ground

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-13, 11:35 PM
Tadanori Oyama

The scroll work ended with a flurish that burst upwards, sending dust a few inches into the air in small puffs. A moment later there was a shutter and the ground under the symbol pushed upwards, stone and dust forced into a mobile form.

A long horn pierced the cavern floor, a long, broad head following behind. A heavy body on four stout legs shook itself free and shook its newly formed head. Oyama stepped around the hole left by the Bound and placed a hand on the earthen animal's flank. He liked this shape. He had only seen on of those rhinoceri beasts as drawn images but the image served its purpose.

Sweat had formed on Oyama's forehead and he used his other hand to wipe it away before it got into his eyes. "Most prudent. You are right, it is not wise to judge purely on appearances, it was Razade yes? I think that we should seperate them and discover the facts of the matter before we are forced to hear only the one side."

Exeson
2008-12-14, 04:32 AM
Ithelus

Ithelus merely grunts dismissively at his team-mates discussion about which of the two to aid. With a shout he slams his fist into the floor, and with a strained look on his face he mutters something intelligible but it is still obvious it is still some form of swear word or curse.

Large slabs of stone shoot out of the side of the pit, creating an improvised stairwell to the bottom.

"We can talk about ethics later, lets go!" He grunts and vaults down to the first 'Step'.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-14, 11:00 AM
Razade

Razade kicks the side of the bird, causing it to sprint agily down the stares after his comrade

"Really....impulsive...."

Several other hand motions sends the swallow on his wrist racing to land between the two combantants, chirpping loudly.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-14, 12:04 PM
Tadanori Oyama

"I was like that myself ten years ago. Must be something about being young," Oyama replied, giving his creation a pat. The earthen beast tossed its head then trotted away, following Ithelus down the freshly formed stairs.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-14, 01:26 PM
Razade

Razade calls out to the two combatants

"Oi oi! Break ways, that bird is dangerous! Please cease your combat least you both end up dead!"

Exeson
2008-12-14, 03:23 PM
Ithelus

Once he reaches the bottom Ithelus adopts a fighting stance, he slowly breathes out. He then claps his hands together and the four spikes in his belt shoot up into the air and hover around his head, pointing towards the two combatants.

"I would do what the man says!" He shouts.

Silverkiss
2008-12-14, 08:27 PM
As the group reveals itself, the knight and the beast stop, looking at the newcomers. The man's eyes grow large with hope as they see Ithelus with his weapons ready, and he shouts to the group.

Knight: "Please, I beg of you, help me vanquish this monster ! He is the only thing keeping me from my freedom !"

Taking the opportunity, the monstrous spider lunges itself forward, hammering the knight with it's powerful armored legs, giving just enough room for the man to block the attacks with his shield.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-14, 08:36 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama whispered something and made a gesture towards the spider beast with his hand.

His crafted beast of earth and stone rushed ahead, intent on ramming the assaulting monster.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-14, 09:47 PM
Razade

"Unlight the seven springs"

With a single hand motion, the bird flew from the ground attaching itself to the spider

"Knight I would duck if I were you! Shatter, six fold sphere illusion!"

Upon the magical words, the bird explodes into a cacophany of sound, light and heat

Silverkiss
2008-12-15, 12:11 PM
The supernatural beast stops and shakes for a minute, before continuing it's relentless attack on the knight. Although it was a full blown attack, the creature's carapace seems to have absorbed all the impact.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-15, 12:39 PM
Tadanori Oyama

"How distressing. It seems direct aggression may not serve the purpose."

Oyama whispers anew and circles his hand in the air for a moment, redirecting his stone animal to interced between the knight and his aggressor.

Exeson
2008-12-15, 01:06 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus throws his hands forwards and the four spikes speed through the air, heading for the creature's eye. Ithelus then claps his hands together again and shouts. He begins to run forward but staggers for a moment before regaining his balance and heads at full tilt towards the beast. Without looking back Ithelus shouts back, "Razade! Make another explosion, bigger, much bigger, I will keep it occupied."

OOC: Sending the spikes out and aiming for the eyes, then using stone skin on my whole body and charging the beast to help the knight fight it hand to hand.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 02:27 PM
Razade

Razade nods once, pulling his mount to a halt

"Bigger? Very well. Everyone....you might want to move."

With a single slap to the back of the flightless bird, hte creature takes off into a dead sprint

"Reconcile. Second wave. Cast away the shattered dream! Embrace the grinning nightmare!"

The bird then erupts, much as the last.

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-15, 04:26 PM
Kaelvan

The tall elf had stood silently for a moment, watching the combatants below. With a sudden burst of motion, he moves with smooth, fluid passes, finishing by slamming one fist into the ground.

Earth's Unielding Grasp

With that, eight hands of stone, one for each of the spider's leg, burst out of the ground, each gripping fiercely on one of the monstrous arachnid's appendages. Even as they secured their grip, they transmuted, an additional spell of Kaelvan's turning them from rough stone to smooth, polished steel.

Exeson
2008-12-15, 05:08 PM
Ithelus

The blast throws Ithelus off his feet, sending him through the air a few feet. after a slight pause he staggers up again, looking a little dazed and his cloths a little singed but otherwise he seem none the worse for wear.

He adopts a defensive stance and regards the cloud of dust and smoke to see if the combined efforts of the team have managed to bring it down. Those perceptive enough to see will notice that Ithelus's skin went slightly darker as he was caught by the explosion. They may also notice that he is more the worse for wear than he is letting on.

Silverkiss
2008-12-15, 07:15 PM
Oyama moves to intercept the arachnid, and as it tryes to attack the sage the stone rhino parries the armored leg with his grand horn. Soon after Ithelus' nails throw themselves at the creature's eyes, distracting it. Then, using the opportunity, Kaelvan binds the monster to the ground with his eight metal hands, and Razade's creation explodes inches before touching the supernatural spider.

The blast knocks everyone back a little, even Kaelvan, who was far away. As the dust settles, the huge monster's body can be seen, still pinned to the ground by the metal hands, a leg completely destroyed and the carapace on the torso heavily cracked and damaged. The creature seems to be agonyzing, but it is still alive; it's endurance is enormous, truly a supernatural beast. That brings to everyone's mind how the knight managed to surviving fighting this thing alone.

The unknown man drops to the ground, resting for a while. He says, in a deep voice behind his helm;

Knight: "I thank you, strangers, for my freedom. For years I have been imprisioned here, hunted by this hideous creature, locked away from my home. But you are my saviours. I will make sure to pay you back for what you did here today."

The man rises from the ground, slowly walking towards the fallen, restrained monster.

Knight: "Now, it is time to end with this abomination's life."

The man slowly rises his sword, readying it for the final blow.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 07:26 PM
Razade

Razade makes a loud urking noise as a swallow suddenly hovers before the knights face, chirping loudly. He groans as he stands back to his feet

"Uuurg....to much that time. Stop sir knight! Killing this beast may soothe your soul..but by killing it you take its freedom just as it did for you. I know it is easy to fall to rage and revenge....surely...but does that sound right to you?"

Silverkiss
2008-12-15, 07:29 PM
The man halts his sword, but remains it in mid-air, and looks back at Razade. Although you can not see his face behind the helm, you can surely feel his intense stare, and the cold hate emanating from it.

"What good is it to keep this monster alive ? It is a mindless beast, and seeks only to eat the flesh of the living. No use can come from this creature, it can not be trained, and if left free then defeating it here was for nothing."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 07:31 PM
Razade

Razade gazes back through his hair

"All creatures no matter what they are have meaning in the balance of nature."

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-15, 07:33 PM
Kaelvan

Kaelvan nodded in agreement To simply kill a creature for following its nature serves no purpose.

Silverkiss
2008-12-15, 07:35 PM
The man bursts in laught;

Knight: "Hahahaha ! You are doomed, if you have that attitude towards your enemies. No matter. I don't care for your beliefs."

The knight turns around again, raising his sword. He intends to slam it down on the spider's head, killing it in one swift blow.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 07:38 PM
Razade

The bird was a last resort, landing on the knights shoulder. Razade strained his mind, the ground suddenly surged under the mans legs, the ground becoming uneven

"Forgive me spirits of this world."

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-15, 07:43 PM
Kaelvan

The elf arched an eyebrow, a slight smile on his lips as the hands of steel released the spider and surged upward, two attaching themselves to each of the knight's limbs

Silverkiss
2008-12-15, 08:03 PM
As the ground trembles beneath the man's feet, making him loose balance, Kaelvan's hands quickly grab him.

Knight: "So, it has come to this. To be locked away by the very people who released me in the first place."

A strange, dark aura starts to build around the man, distorting the very air around him.

Knight: "You really think you can restrain this with this much power ? You are not prepared ! YOU ARE NOT PREPARED !"

The aura suddenly swells inside of the man, and he lets it out in a burst of energy. The sheer force of the attack gives such presure that the arachnid monster, unconscious, is throw off a few meters, and so is the group, as both the small explosive bird and the metal hands are throw away. The man's armor darkens, and parts of it start to melt, turning into a dark, liquid-like substance that runs through his body. He turns his face, now without a helm, to the group, and his face can be seen; a fleshless skull, long robbed from it's humanity.

"Now, my children, it is time for me to pay back my debt. I shall kill you here, and consume you so you can eternally fuel me ! Rejoice ! Ahahahaha !"

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-15, 08:07 PM
Tadanori Oyama

"Skies above!" Oyama stumbled back, the spectical before him too much. He had, a moment before, been about to protest but it seemed his fellows where right in their actions.

This was beyond him alone. Closing his eyes, his lips whispering softly, he hoped that his new friends where as adept as they appeared. As he whispered tiny dots of green light began to twinkle close to him.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 08:15 PM
Razade

Razade stumbled back, his mind was reeling but this now was clearly life or death, his left arm hung limpy, clearly knocked out of its socket. The bird that had just moments perched on the beasts shoulder flew high into the air slowly starting to spin.

"Fellow's....if I pass out. Please do well to leave me. Should I die. Bury me somewhere nice."

The air in the cave suddenly grew hot, and with his still good hand he began to trace a symbol air.

"Burn Vermillion. Heaven's descend."

Above the now...strange knight a large cloud began to form. Blood ran from Razade's eyes as the cloud clapped a single clap of thunder. Suddenly lightning arched from the cloud, first to the metal bands discarded by the knight, causing them to glow a bright chery red. The next blot struck the Knight dead on. The air flooding with the smell of ozone as the storm cloud slowly started to disapate.

Exeson
2008-12-16, 02:04 AM
Ithelus

"You should have just let him kill it!" He turns to the knight, "Please, we did not know! if such a terrible curse is upon you then we shall set you free without hesitation!"

[[ If the knight proves to be unresponsive to his plea the Ithelus will sigh. "I had hoped that I would be able to keep this hidden for longer," With a slow motion he unbuttons his trench coat and throws off the garment. He then rips off his shirt too, exposing his bare chest. His muscles are very well defined and conditioned, and his skin rather pale, but it is the stitches threat criss-cross his torso and arms that are most striking. At the ends, near the hand the threads seem almost alive, moving in the air. Ithelus mutters a few words and the tendrils begin to elongate. ]]

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-16, 12:48 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama finished his whispers and snapped his hand close, pulling his fist close to his chest. The tiny motes of light about him rushed away leaving green streaks in the air behind them. Each one struck into the moss and alges clinging to the walls (not his usual material of choice but it would serve).

In a slightly disgusting display, sections of plant growth struck with the light suddenly tore loss from the stone and took to the air, the clumps gathering shape and form as they fell and then flew. Within a moment dozens of what appeared to be hand sized moths filled the air around Oyama.

"Hinder as you can," Oyama said as one of the creations drifted closeby. In a flurry the moths scattered, some moving to fly about the others, prepared to attempt to absorb whatever banes may come their way.

Silverkiss
2008-12-16, 01:12 PM
The lighting strikes at the knight, discharging a great ammount of energy on him. As he kneels in pain, so does Razade, feeling the strain of launching huge ammounts of karma in such a small time interval.

Lighting still cracks around the once-human's body, but he rises from the ground, smiling. His shield has melted, turned into the grotesque black substance covering his body, but his blade is still as sharp as it was. He holds it with both hands, and charges at the group as Oyama prepares defensive measures and Ithelus shows his secret technique.

Exeson
2008-12-16, 01:39 PM
Ithelus

The tendrils continue to elongate. Ithelus slowly passes his hands through some motions and chants under his breath. His movements seem to blur, as if an after image of his motions stays in your eyes. He then Charges at the knight, leaving behind a serious of manifestations in your mind. As he nears the knight he shouts out and the four stakes zoom from the unconscious spider straight towards the Knight's back. Taking advantage of the confusion of the after-images and the distraction of the stakes, Ithelus hurls himself at the knight, the tendrils attempting to wrap around the knight and draw him in close to Ithelus.

OOC: If Ithelus succeeds in ensnaring the knight he will use his sacrificial spike technique to literally turn himself into a human pin-cushion to impale the knight. Either way afterwards he will probably collapse from the over-use of karma.

Silverkiss
2008-12-16, 05:48 PM
The undead knight charges readily to clash with Ithelus, bloodlust flooding from his dead eyes. As he aproaches, he lets out a maniacal laughter, and prepares to attack. As the spikes come to greet his back, he instinctively jumps, turning around and deflecting the metal nails with a fierce blow from his sword.

Bad choice.

The stitch-tendrils grab the arms, legs and the neck of the undead man, pulling him back. Ithelus grabs the man with his arms, fully restraining him. Then the rest of the group can clearly sense the great ammount being stored inside Ithelus' body.

With a shout, Ithelus releases all the karma; the scene that follows is full of gore. Dark-red stakes tear through the knight's chest, stomach and legs, making the once-human scream in anger and pain. The screams are joined by Ithelus' as the bloody spikes retract just to pierce again, in different spots. After a few minutes of this agonyzing torture, Ithelus' grip is released, and he falls on his back, loosing consciousness slowly, as the undead falls forward, face to the ground.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-16, 05:49 PM
Razade

Razade dash's(well...as much as one who just had the snot drained out of him can) over to his companion placing a hand under his jaw, checking for a pulse

Exeson
2008-12-16, 06:00 PM
Ithelus

Razade moves over to Ithelus's torn body. His whole torso is covered in deep red holes where the solidified blood was pushed out. A few of the solid spikes still protrude from his stomach, as he fell unconscious before he could liquify them again. Some of the holes have formed into gashes as the skin itself ripped. A dark pool slowly seeps from his body and stains the surrounding earth. Razade feels a faint pulse, erratic, but still present.

Ithelus moans slowly and opens his eyes. His purple one is bloodshot and looks inflamed. "Did I get... the bastard? ... Maybe I was too... Drastic..." He mumbles. His eyes then close slowly. Still moving of their own accord the stitches unwrap from the knight and return to Ithelus's body. without moving Ithelus mumbles, "In my bag... needle and thread... If you can keep me going... until I get some karma back... I can fix the rest."

He does not move after that, although a faint pulse can still be felt.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-16, 06:02 PM
Razade

Razade gives a slight sigh of relief

"Well then...yes, you got the bastard. Told you it wasn't all that it seemed. You did good. You also saved us all a good deal of trouble. You have my thanks. I can only wonder what else this place has in store for us."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-16, 06:13 PM
Tadanori Oyamap

"Amazing, if distrubing, show, Ithelus," Oyama said, walking over to the downed man. He waved his hand and a dozen of the fungal moths fluttered down, alighting upon the man. "They are truely meant to absorb magical malices, but I hope they can serve this purpose for the time being." The moths moved to the wounds which covered the man, laying themselves flat and tight against the wounds, some beginning to take on the color of the blood as they attempted to stonch the injuries.

"I shall set to work on him. I am no master with the thread, especially on flesh, but I mend my clothes well enough."

Exeson
2008-12-16, 06:25 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus's eyes slowly open and he looks up at his allies. He smiles faintly and opens his mouth but no words come out. He suddenly moves frantically and attempts to sit up but moans in pain and slips back into unconsciousness.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-16, 06:32 PM
Razade

Razade sighs, slowly assembling another mount.

"You can put him on that when your done. I'm spent for now"

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-16, 06:42 PM
Tadanori Oyamap

"I can imagine so. Impressive exploding and all that. But there is the question of the other now." Oyama gestured towatds the spider beast formerly the target of much of their efforts. More of his moths had settled on the beast, prepared to do their duty should it attack just as they still fluttered about himself and the others. "A bit of a problem, still, I think."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-16, 06:48 PM
Razade

Razade shrugged

"If the beast was attacking the knight....are we sure it is evil? Are we to beleive a creature such as the Knight as to what the nature of that spider truely is? After all, not moments ago we thought it the true monster."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-16, 07:01 PM
Tadanori Oyama

"Observations on the state of being aside, we require a plan of action. I am not suggesting we simply slay the beast, merely that we plan accordingly. It may be natural for it to attack strangers to these caves and, if that is the case, than I do not wish to be a victim."

He glanced at the spider. "Granted it has not made to harm us since Kaelvan released it but I wish to be sure before laying our heads down."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-16, 07:07 PM
Razade

Razade nodded

"I suggest we restrain it and wait for it to awaken...if it is a monster then we leave it. If not we have done it a service and we let it go."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-16, 07:15 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama retrieved the thread and needle from Ithelus' bag, as the man had instructed. This was going to be an unpleasent task.

"Agreed. Kaelvan, will you be able to bind the beast once more?"

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-17, 10:07 PM
Kaelvan

Kaelvan nodded. He touched the ground, and with a series of gestures tapped the ground. He had been stunned, too slow to act during the fight with the knight, and he was ashamed. Perhaps he was not as prepared as he had thought. A series of metal Hands enclosed the spider-beast's legs once more.

There. They will weaken after some time, that the beast will not starve to death - but it should give us time to complete the trial.

Silverkiss
2008-12-17, 10:12 PM
As Kaelvan turned to the spider and binded it again, he noticed something strange. The others noticed it too, and turned to see. Left unchecked in the ground, a dark aura was forming around the knight's body. Faintly, but steadily, you could sense his karma growing, and now you could clearly see the holes made by Ithelus closing, regenerating.

Death Knight: "Too young. Too inexperienced. You failed to notice the only opportunity to defeat me, thinking I was already done for. Now you have doomed yourselves."

The undead arises from the ground, reclaiming his sword and slowly turning to the group. His eyes showed intense hatred.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-17, 11:59 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama looked up at the voice, icy cold rushing through his flesh. Foolish! He had been foolish. They were drained and unready and their enemy appeared as empowered as before.

He acted on a whim, a half guess of an idea sparking in his mind: What healed the living, may harm the dead.

Throwing his hand forward, towards the advancing knight, Oyama shouted "Heal him!" and in a fluttering cloud the fungus moths left their perches about the party and upon the spider to rush towards the knight. The moths could take harm for him and his, perhaps they could syphen the harm out of this foul enemy.

Silverkiss
2008-12-18, 08:44 PM
As the life-force moths throwed themselves against the undead knight, sprinkling him with healing power, he quickly grabbed his sword, and tried to strike at the flying magical creatures. They were too fast for him, however, and he only managed to miss as the moths drew more and more power out of him.

Death Knight: "ENOUGH !"

With the shout, the knight slashed his blade in the air, sending forth a wave of purple energy that dissipated the healing creatures. With a grin, he turned to the group.

Death Knight: "Now... Give me your strenght, my precious 'saviors' ! Hahahaha !"

With steady steps, holding his blade high in the air, the death knight slowly aproached the group.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-18, 08:49 PM
Razade

"Keep it up. Clearly he does not care for such magic! Hold him off, I shall follow suit with our good friend down there"

Razade brush's the hair from his face, thrusting his arms into the air as he sets into a low stance, his breathing growing shallow as more blood leaks from his ears as he begins to channel his magic

"Kaelven. Get ready!"

Razade's hands slowly begin to glow, the ground underneath his feet growing warm, slowly cracking from the heat

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-18, 08:55 PM
Kaelvan

Kaelvan nodded, slowly starting to channel his elements, preparing to follow suit with Razade's plan.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-18, 08:58 PM
Razade

Razade suddenly drops his hands, the ground under the knight suddenly turning to marshy sand before trying to crawl up its body. His voice is tight as he begins to channel more energy, his whole body quivering from the strain

"Make it Metal once it stop or if it starts to struggle"

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-18, 09:04 PM
Kaelvan

The stoic elf nodded - as soon as the creature began to struggle, it would find itself no longer encased in soft earth, but in unyielding bonds of metal.

Silverkiss
2008-12-18, 09:09 PM
Working with incredible speed and accuracy despite the circunstances, Razade and Kaelvan work together to bind the undead knight. Slowly, the sand starts to creep on the abomination's legs, changing into metal as it does so. When the metal alloy is encasing everything up to the knight's waist and he isn't able to shake it off, he sees that there is no more choice to him.

Death Knight: "It seems that being freed wasn't my destiny, after all. I can not complain, I never thought I would leave these cursed grounds anyway." - He makes a pause - "Now what, kids ? Do you truly believe that any method or magic you know can kill me ?" - The group can see a grin appear in his face.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-18, 09:17 PM
Razade

Razade staggers over to Kaelvan, placing a hand over his shoulder, his voice strained yet impassive

"We would have helped you had you simply listened to us. Now you seek to slay us. You seemed to not like the moths. And now you can not move. Let me assure you we may be battered and bruised, I have a contingancy should you reseist. I am sure we will find a way to put you to rest. Tadanori....would you please?"

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-18, 09:48 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama nodded, his hat falling off his his head as he did. Amber eyes narrowed he stood properly and spread his hands wide, speaking swiftly and quietly, summoning all the force about him that he could manage. It was like trying to see everything in the cavern at the same time from all angles, his mind swam through an ocean of life and space as green lights danced around him.

In a flash of emerald trailing color the lights dashed away, each captive spirit merging with the materials at hand and taking the form in Oyama's spell shaped mind. Dozens of new moths circled above, likely all the living plant matter within this section of the cavern.

Oyama brought his hand up and pointed at the bound knight, "Forget this pain that you know in your dreams. Return to your proper role." His eyes widened and he snapped his fingers into a fist, drawing his hand back then casting it across his chest in a banishing motion. "Begone! You soulless creature!"

As one, the moths desended.

Silverkiss
2008-12-18, 09:54 PM
As the moths swarmed over the death knight and he screamed in pain, he still found time to laugh.

Death Knight: "Tell me, 'heroes', how do you plan on leaving this place ? Your fate will be far worse than mine, left to starve and die here, alone and forgotten ! Hahahaha !"

Innis Cabal
2008-12-18, 09:55 PM
Razade

Razade coughs, covering his mouth

"If that means we have failed the trial. Then we deserve to end here, for we were not qualified for the path ahead of us. But one thing will always be true. We came here ready to die. We'd not have come otherwise."

Silverkiss
2008-12-18, 09:58 PM
"Hahaha... You talk bold, but you're just a child. I don't know what nonsensical 'trial' you're talking about. What I do know is that this is an alternate dimension meant to imprision me forever. And it should be impossible to get out."

WhiteKnight777
2008-12-18, 10:03 PM
Kaelvan

Kaelvan gave vent to a grunting laugh You certainly jabber on a great deal, for a poor dead thing.

Silverkiss
2008-12-18, 10:05 PM
The death knight laughs, and for a second you catch a glimpse of humanity passing through his face. But it is soon gone, and the undead's voice is cold;

"You are correct, at this rate this hateful moths will destroy me, and I'll be a poor dead thing. So I have nothing to lose, right ?"

Innis Cabal
2008-12-18, 11:52 PM
Razade

"You just said no magic we possess can kill you. If something is holding your spirit here then you simply should have let us know that. And chances are...you will say that spider perhaps? But you were not what you appeared to be, we have no reason to beleive that the same can not be said for the spider.

You have no reason to tell us the truth, we clearly have made up our mind to do you in. But that is simply the route of life. One must die to save another, it is simple nature at its best. But. If you truely wish to save that unlife of yours, then it would be in your best interest to tell us what we can do to help, so that we all may leave, and that we may pass the trial we have been placed under.

Surely you can see the logic of this? Togather we can leave. Alone and divided we will die. You far sooner then us. We clearly had the power to stop you, or if we do not you are clearly holding back. If its the former then where you failed we might not. If it is the latter then there is a reason and I would like to know what that is."

Razade's face is a mask of impassive fatigue, his eyes peering from behind his hair like a hawks.

Silverkiss
2008-12-20, 01:25 PM
The undead knight simply laughs.

"He he he. Oh well. I *know* how to leave this place, I just *couldn't*. The same man that imprisioned me placed me under a Geis, a strong magical spell prohibiting me to leave this place. If you free me, I will tell you how to escape this place."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-20, 07:41 PM
Razade

Razade stood, his energy slowly returning to him

"How can I trust you? And how can you trust me?"

Silverkiss
2008-12-20, 08:57 PM
"I have nothing to gain by fooling you now. It is clear that, in my current condition, I am weaker than you. And I will never be able to leave this place alone. Won't you trust this knight's word ?"

Innis Cabal
2008-12-20, 10:03 PM
Razade

Razade looks at his allies

"Well?"

Exeson
2008-12-31, 03:47 AM
Ithelus

Ithelus coughs slightly and opens his eyes. "I say kill the bastard... but I'm fairly... Irational..."

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-31, 11:48 AM
Tadanori Oyama

"I am not in the habit of lending faith to the dead," Oyama kept his hands raised, though he doubted he could summon forth more of the moths than he already controlled for sometime. "But this is a situation where we will require all the aid we can gather."

Innis Cabal
2008-12-31, 07:09 PM
Razade

Razade bows

"If all are in agreement. We have a common goal. Shall we?"

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-31, 08:43 PM
Tadanori Oyama

Oyama lowers his hands, resending most of the moths from the strange being. The ones that fall away quickly crumble back into their base materials, forming a ring of cavern plant life.

Silverkiss
2009-01-04, 11:23 AM
The undead knight smiles as best as he can.

"Good then."

As he gets to his feet after being released from the metal case, he seeks for his sword and sheates it again at his waist. He points his finger to the great spider-creature, seemingly passed away, and says;

"I must kill him if we are to leave this place."

WhiteKnight777
2009-01-04, 01:47 PM
Kaelvan

Kaelvan looks at the others questioningly, seeming disturbed for the first time as face asks their opinions.

Innis Cabal
2009-01-05, 05:47 PM
Razade

Razade sighs slightly, running a hand through his hair

"If it can not be helped"

Exeson
2009-01-07, 05:20 PM
Ithelus

Ithelus half heatedly raises his hand and one of the metal spikes begins to rise off the floor. He then winces and grunts as the spike falls to the floor again. With his other hand he begins to probe the areas of flesh that have been stitched together so far.