What the title says. :smallbiggrin:

Get back to 4chan. :smallannoyed:

InaVegt
2008-12-10, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I just lost the game, you meany.

evisiron
2008-12-10, 05:36 PM
Not bad.

Although you are a bit late. How long ago was that XKCD put on the web?

Jack Squat
2008-12-10, 05:38 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/anti_mind_virus.png

OT: I may have to rent that, it looks pretty good.

Renegade Paladin
2008-12-10, 07:02 PM
Get back to 4chan. :smallannoyed:
That'd be kind of hard, since I've never been there. :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2008-12-10, 07:04 PM
That'd be kind of hard, since I've never been there. :smalltongue:

You'd fit right in.

Moff Chumley
2008-12-10, 07:17 PM
Roflewoot. lolemgeebubuque.

(This being the appropriate response to the OP.)

Zarrexaij
2008-12-10, 07:19 PM
I see what you did there.

Renegade Paladin
2008-12-10, 07:42 PM
You know, when my brother did this to me, I didn't even lose right away. I'm so good at the Game that even when I see the phrase "The Game," it doesn't immediately spring to mind. I didn't lose until I said I didn't get it and he linked to the Wikipedia article on the Game. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and I just lost.

Fostire
2008-12-10, 09:23 PM
What the title says. :smallbiggrin:

Wasn't it you the one who made an awesome rick roll disguised as a metallica thread?

Uncle Festy
2008-12-10, 09:34 PM
Grarah.
Hate you.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-10, 09:34 PM
Curses. My hat goes of to you, good sir. I have indeed 'lost the game'.

blackfox
2008-12-10, 10:15 PM
:smallannoyed:
Losing BlackFox just lost.

Icewalker
2008-12-10, 10:38 PM
That's...awesome.

Well done.

Mr. Moon
2008-12-10, 10:39 PM
*smirks*
Heh.

pingcode20
2008-12-10, 10:43 PM
Well played, well played.

zeratul
2008-12-10, 11:35 PM
Still not as good as the metallica rickroll bro :smalltongue:

Setra
2008-12-10, 11:58 PM
Ha! I did not lose the game.

Because I did not "remember" it. I "recalled" it ... What? Who said I'm not allowed to use technical loopholes?

Dispozition
2008-12-11, 01:22 AM
Snap. That is all.

Edan
2008-12-11, 01:37 AM
Does this count?

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6908/lostthegamewx1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Yes, I am just jumping on the bandwagon.

thubby
2008-12-11, 01:57 AM
my 21 year streak, gone! :smallfrown:

Mordokai
2008-12-11, 03:11 AM
Ha! I did not lose the game.

Because I did not "remember" it. I "recalled" it ... What? Who said I'm not allowed to use technical loopholes?

*shakes hand*

Well done! It was the same with me :smallbiggrin:

_Zoot_
2008-12-11, 03:30 AM

Nice, very nice......

Shadowcaller
2008-12-11, 03:34 AM
What is this "game" everyone keepts talking about?:smallconfused:

InaVegt
2008-12-11, 03:37 AM
What is this game everyone keepts talking about?:smallconfused:

Rule 1: If you know about the game, you're playing the game.
Rule 2: If someone asks you about the game, you have to explain it.
Rule 3: Any time you think of, remember, recall, or any similar word, the game, you lose it, and have to announce publicly.

And, no, there is no way to win the game, XKCD does not have the authority to make anyone win, no matter how awesome the webcomic is.

averagejoe
2008-12-11, 03:38 AM
What is this game everyone keepts talking about?:smallconfused:

The game. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game))

My post is much longer than my character count would indicate.

Edit: ninja'd

And, no, there is no way to win the game, XKCD does not have the authority to make anyone win, no matter how awesome the webcomic is.

By that token, who the hell has the authority to make me lose, or even decide that I'm playing? I bet they don't have a nifty webcomic, whoever they are. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2008-12-11, 03:41 AM
Rule 3: Any time you think of, remember, recall, or any similar word, the game, you lose it, and have to announce publicly.

Then whats the point of the game when you can't win it? Is not the definition of a game: "a contest with rules to determine a winner"?

Don't sound like a "real" game to me...

InaVegt
2008-12-11, 03:45 AM
Then whats the point of the game when you can't win it? Is not the definition of a game: "a contest with rules to determine a winner"?

It's a mind game, I bet the guy who invented it is laughing his pants of.

Also, by that definition, dungeons and dragons isn't a game either.

averagejoe
2008-12-11, 03:47 AM

It's mostly just a silly internet thing. I actually find it quite fascinating from a sociological standpoint (not that I'm a sociologist), but at times do find it to be somewhat tiresome. Then again, I'm not the competitive type, and fail to see why losing actually matters. (Or, I would, if anyone could convince me that I was playing, which they haven't yet. Either state of mind is basically equivalent as far as game-strategy goes.)

Shadowcaller
2008-12-11, 03:52 AM
It's a mind game, I bet the guy who invented it is laughing his pants of.

Also, by that definition, dungeons and dragons isn't a game either.

Well I don't think DnD is a game in the classic sense. However there is often a overgripping goal of the campaign that could count as a "victory", the players often (I'm not saying ALWAYS) need some kind of finish to the story they are playing otherwise the game might go on forever.

But then again I have never played DnD so I may in fact have no idea what I'm talking about:smallcool:

Silence
2008-12-11, 08:37 AM
Excellent play, young one. Now that you've already lost, no reason not to explore these interesting technicalities in the game. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Renegade Paladin
2008-12-11, 01:00 PM
I would guess from the fact that the link is light brown, indicating that I've already visited that page, that it's something I've seen before. And since I haven't watched any YouTube videos on the Game, I can only presume that that's the good ol' rickroll. Nice try, kid. :smalltongue:

Setra
2008-12-11, 01:15 PM

You lie. The exact ruling states you only lose when you "remember" it.

Therefore I have not lost. Not to mention if I never announce losing, I can never lose again because I have yet to resume until I do.

Coidzor
2008-12-11, 01:24 PM
Or you could punch the people in your life who are obsessed with it in the face. Did wonders for me back in highschool and finally got the guy to start dating, of all things.

It was a very weird win-win situation in that I got to punch someone in the face and he got a girlfriend out of it.

And no one has ever bothered me about the game to my face again...

Boo
2008-12-11, 02:07 PM
Well I don't think DnD is a game in the classic sense. However there is often a overgripping goal of the campaign that could count as a "victory", the players often (I'm not saying ALWAYS) need some kind of finish to the story they are playing otherwise the game might go on forever.

But then again I have never played DnD so I may in fact have no idea what I'm talking about:smallcool:

The point of The Game is to not lose the game, and in some small sense win it that way. You can never fully win, but it is a game nonetheless. You're being far to technical with the definition of the word "game". If I were playing hoops with friends, and there were no points to keep score of, would it not still be a game?