PDA

View Full Version : [Monster] The Deadly Sins

Doklahar
2005-09-01, 07:58 PM
The Deadly Sins are assassins and warriors built for one purpose: The complete annihilation of their creators' enemies. They are all built for differing situations, and all prefer to kill by use of one of the deadly sins (pride, envy, anger, avarice, sadness, gluttony, lust). An eighth being exists among these seven. This one is the strongest of the eight, and it is the most feared of them all. It has the ability to detect which sins a victim has done, and bring forth a fitting punishment to torture and kill them.

The abilities that are possessed by all of The Deadly Sins are as follows:
-Undead Traits: All of The Deadly Sins count as undead.
-Telepathy: Range equal to Dreadfuls’ HD x5.

Sinhounds
Size and Type: Medium undead (incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 20d12+20 (150hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 50 ft., Fly 50ft. (Perfect)
Armor Class: 27 (+10 Dex, +7 deflection), touch 27, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+17
Attack: Incorporeal Bite +20 (1d6+Bite of Sin)
Full Attack: Incorporeal Bite +20 (1d6+Bite of Sin)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Detect Sin, Bite of Sin, Shrouds of Sin, Create Spawn, Aura of Sin
Special Qualities: Undead traits, Incorporeal traits, Sin Incarnate, Telepathy 100ft.
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +16, Will +16
Abilities: Str -, Dex 30, Con -, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 24
Skills: Listen +27, Spot +27, Survival +27, Intimidate +30, Bluff +30, Sense Motive +27
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Toughness (Bonus feat, Libris Mortis), Track, Ability Focus (Bite of Sin), Ability Focus (Aura of Sin), Ability Focus (Shrouds of Sin)
Environment: Anywhere
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 20
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 21-40 HD (Medium), 41-80 HD (Large), 81+ (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
Combat: The Sinhound hunts and kills its victims by staying hidden in the shadows and using its Detect Sins ability, then coming out into the open and using its powerful abilities to quickly subdue its enemies, at which point it goes to work on its victims....
-Detect Sin (Su): At will, a Sinhound can use this ability to detect sins that have been commited by the target. Will save negates, DC equal to 10 + ½ Sinhounds HD + Cha modifier. The target must be within 60ft. of the Sinhound for this ability to work. This is a mind affecting effect.
-Bite of Sin (Su): The Sinhounds bite carries a powerful effect. This bite deals 1d6 damage and forces the target to make a will save or suffer the effects of the Sinhounds Sin aura. This ability only affects creatures with HD equal to or less than the Sinhounds. Will save DC 29, DC equal to 10 + ½ Sinhounds HD + Cha. This is a mind affecting effect.
-Aura of Sin (Ex): Sphere with a radius of 5ft/HD, will save to resist equal to 10 + ½ Sinhounds’ HD + Sinhounds’ Charisma modifier. Those that fail the save are dazed for 1 round, and those that make the save are shaken. This comes from the targets getting a flash of an image of a sin that they have or will commit. This ability will affect any character or monster with HD equal to or less than the Sinhounds'. This is a mind affecting effect.
-Shrouds of Sin (Su): This ability is usable at will. This ability creates the effects of a Major Image Spell, but the effects are 50% real. This degree of realness is like the realness from a Shadow Conjuration spell. A target may make a save to disbelieve the illusion aspect of this power, but will still suffer 50% of the effects. The Will save DC for this ability is equal to 10 + ½ Sinhounds HD + Cha modifier, Will save DC 29. The DC increases by 4 if the Dreadhound knows the targets specific sins (via the Detect sin ability). This is a mind affecting effect.
-Sin Incarnate (Ex): All Sinhounds are essences of pure Sin. As such, they are granted immunity to positive energy, and are granted +4 Turn Resistence. Also, their Sin effects can effect all creatures, even those normally immune to mind affecting affects.

Doklahar
2005-09-01, 07:59 PM
Reserved...

Doklahar
Revulsion Worms (Gluttony)
Size and Type: Diminutive undead
Hit Dice: 13d12+13 (98hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 20 ft., Burrow 20ft.
Armor Class: 24 (+5 Dex, +4 Size, +5 natural), touch 19, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/-9
Attack: Bite +11 (1d2-3 + Attach)
Full Attack: Bite +11 (1d2-3 + Attach)
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Attach, Infestation, Indigestion
Special Qualities: Undead traits, Telepathy 65ft.
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +8
Abilities: Str 4, Dex 20, Con -, Int 8, Wis10, Cha 20
Skills: Hide +33, Move Silently +21, Escape Artist +21
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Improved Initiative, Improved Turn Resistance (+4, Libris Mortis), Improved Toughness (Libris Mortis), Dodge
Environment: Anywhere
Organization: Solitary or Swarm (2-5)
Challenge Rating: 13
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 14+ HD (Diminutive)
Level Adjustment: —
Combat: The Revulsion Worms tactics are very strait forward. It hides near where its victim is known to go, and then it shoots out and latches onto them. It then draws itself through the enemies’ skin, and works its way into the chest cavity. And that’s where it goes to work…
-Attach: When a Revulsion Worm makes a successful bite attack, he attaches to the targets flesh. During each round, the Revulsion Worm deals automatic bite damage, as well as 1d2 Con damage. When 2 Con damage is dealt, the worm has opened a hole and on its next round, can use its infestation ability. The worm can be ripped off by making a successful opposed strength check (The worm is treated as having a strength score of 22 for this). Successful removal of the worm deals 1d6+5 damage and 1 Con damage as the worms mandibles shred the targets flesh. A worm has a 25% on further bite attacks to hit this torn spot, and gain immediate entry.
-Infestation: A worm within a body deals 1d3 Con damage a round for 3 rounds, if the worm isn’t removed by this time, it will be firmly set within the targets ribcage and chest cavity, and will enact its Indigestion ability. The worm can be removed by dealing 5 slashing damage to the target and then taking a standard action to make a strength check to remove it, see Attach.
-Indigestion: Once the worm is inside of the chest cavity, almost nothing can remove it. Each round it deals 1 vile damage (damage that can only be healed by magic in areas under the effects of a Consecrate or Hallow) and forces the target to make a will save, DC equal to 10 + ½ Revulsion Worms HD + Cha modifier. A failed save causes the infested creature to go under the effects of the Insanity spell with the following changes:

01-20 causes the target to attack itself, dealing 75% of damage to itself and 25% of damage to the worm.
21-30 allows the target to act normally
31-80 causes the target to run around in circles as the sheer horror of having the worm in them overwhelms them.
81-100 causes the target to attack the closest creature, and the worm is ignored for this.

To remove the worm once it has begun its Indigestion ability requires the use of a level 7 or higher healing spell, Limited Wish, Miracle, or Wish.

Doklahar
Reserved...

Doklahar
2005-09-01, 08:00 PM
Reserved...

Doklahar
Reserved...

Doklahar
Reserved...

Doklahar
Reserved...

CharPixie
2005-09-02, 03:03 PM
So, it can create shadow matter with the Major Image Spell?

Doklahar
2005-09-02, 03:34 PM
Yeah, it basicly pulls energy from the shadow plane to bring to life its victoms worst fears.

Cantankerous
2005-09-02, 06:28 PM
It's a nice concept, but:

a) Wow, seven monsters based on the whole evil-dark-fear thingie. Consistent, very thematic, but a little... repetitive, maybe?

b) Feel free to embold text as per the entry guidelines. And correct your grammar and spelling.

Doklahar
2005-09-02, 10:57 PM
Thanx for the advice Cantankerous. I had relised this and I am now planing on having each one use a different feeling/emotion as their basis. I already have one for fear, one for sickening. The others will include things like anger, pain, and apathy.

Everyman
2005-09-03, 12:42 PM
Nice concept. I'd expect lust, gluttony, and other sins though. I wouldn't think pain (in itself) as a sin.

Anywho, my real concern is Detect Sin. What exactly does it do? I know you said it allows the creature to detect the sins of others, but how does that work in terms of the game? It seems a little to vague and broad right now to be very useful. I like the concept though. Maybe it can focus on RECENT sins? That way you don't have to worry about an entire lifetime, where you may (or may not have) sinned on a regular basis.

Sucros
2005-09-03, 03:55 PM
I almost used the same theme. Making seven monsters was what put me off. Still, I'm looking forwards to seeing what you make of them, especially pride.

Knot_Yew
2005-09-20, 12:43 AM
i have a question what if a creature has not sinned or its sins where forgiven by a cleric with the appropiate spell?