PDA

View Full Version : Good Premade Campaigns (3.5)

Deth Muncher
2008-12-10, 10:44 PM
Hey, so I'm wondering, what are some of the better premade campaigns in production? I've seen that Red Hand of Doom is pretty nice. I personally have the...I think 3e Ravenloft PHB, but I'm not evil enough to run Ravenloft with people.

EDIT: On this note, I also have...I think...Return to Castle Greyhawk. Which I was actually a part of, but the rest of my group was kinda lacking on that whole...maturity, and ability to comprehend story thing.

Waspinator
2008-12-10, 11:04 PM
You also might consider some of the stuff Paizo has done. Dungeon magazine had the Shackled City, Age of Worms, and Savage Tide campaigns and since then they have done Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne in Pathfinder magazine. Second Darkness also seems neat, but that one is in-progress.

bosssmiley
2008-12-11, 10:22 AM
Duplicate thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99053).
Search (or just looking down the page) is your friend.

Deth Muncher
2008-12-11, 06:06 PM
Duplicate thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99053).
Search (or just looking down the page) is your friend.

Not quite. Wheras that guy is looking for specifics in his campaign, I most decidedly am not, an am furthermore looking at more than just the levels. What I'd like to know is premades people have played and enjoyed.

Close, but no banana.

Gorbash
2008-12-11, 06:09 PM
I'm enjoying playing in Shackled City atm, my players are enjoying Savage Tide that I'm DMing and we're all looking forward to playing Age of Worms.

These are the best campaigns we ever played.

Paul H
2008-12-11, 07:16 PM
Hi

Night Below is an excellent 2nd Ed campaign that can be easily converted to 3.5. Wouldn't even try to convert to 4th Ed though.........

Cheers
Paul H

half eaten oreo
2008-12-11, 07:26 PM
I second (third/fourth?) the paizo campaigns. Currently DMing Rise of the Runelords and it's been a blast. Will probably start Second Darkness after the holidays.

Triaxx
2008-12-11, 08:11 PM
Baldur's Gate. No seriously, converting it to 3.5 is probably the most fun I've ever had with the game. BG2 is also fun.

Gorbash
2008-12-11, 08:33 PM
True, but one character would ridiculously overshadow the party...

Triaxx
2008-12-11, 09:49 PM
Given the explosively high number of them in the second expansion, I get around it by making everyone one, though most don't know it.

Epinephrine
2008-12-11, 10:20 PM
Running Age of Worms right now, and the players are enjoying it. You may have to patch it up a bit, I notice that some parts don't quite make sense, but it's certainly got them hooked.

UserClone
2008-12-11, 10:28 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say the Freeport series from Green Ronin. I only have the original trilogy (Death, Terror, and Madness in Freeport, respectively), but almost all the rest are on their way to me right now. As a bonus, they are all on clearance right now as far as I know - some of them as low as $2 or $5!

Waspinator
2008-12-12, 08:16 PM
You might also add the Barrow of the Forgotten King - Sinister Spire - Fortress of the Yuan-Ti trilogy to the list.

Edit: Also, if we start getting setting-specific, theres these:

Eberron: The trilogy of Shadows of the Last War - Whispers of the Vampire's Blade - Grasp of the Emerald Claw. Also, Eyes of the Lich Queen is pretty long.

Iron Kingdoms: The Witchfire Trilogy

AslanCross
2008-12-13, 07:02 AM
I'm playing Eyes of the Lich Queen right now. Pretty good adventure so far.

Sir Giacomo
2008-12-13, 07:09 AM
The witchfire trilogy so far was the best premade 3.5 stuff I saw. Very inspiring to also develop new plot lines and encounters of your own.
The Ravenloft remake for 3.5 is also very good.

- Giacomo

Seatbelt
2008-12-13, 07:34 PM
I had a blast running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Read the opening dialogue with the first track frm Sleepy Hollow. Right about the same time the dialogue gets spooky, the music jacks it up to incredibly creepy and it set the tone for the entire campaign.

Waspinator
2008-12-14, 05:16 AM
I haven't played it, but I've also heard good things about Dungeon Crawl Classics: Castle Whiterock, which is apparently a campaign-in-a-box.