PDA

View Full Version : Stunning sneak attack

Yehomer
2008-12-11, 03:31 AM
I'm using a variant monk which gets less unarmed damage, but gets sneak attacks. If I'm using stunning fist, can I apply the sneak attack damage to the attack that stunned the enemy? Or I can't because he wasn't denied dexterity bonus when I attacked?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-11, 03:33 AM
The attack roll happened when they were still fully-functional, so no, you can't.

ericgrau
2008-12-11, 01:17 PM
Nope, but you can apply it to following attacks, for example if you have multiple attacks or make AoO's before your next turn.

WaterTengu
2008-12-11, 01:30 PM
or if you are doing a sneak attack, you could add the stun effect.

Darrin
2008-12-11, 01:31 PM
I'm using a variant monk which gets less unarmed damage, but gets sneak attacks. If I'm using stunning fist, can I apply the sneak attack damage to the attack that stunned the enemy? Or I can't because he wasn't denied dexterity bonus when I attacked?

Can't. Have to hit him first, target gets a save, *then* he's stunned and loses his dex bonus.

A Blurstrike weapon (+2 enhancement, RotW) can fix that. When activated (free action), allows you to treat the target of your first attack every round as if they were flat-footed. You can't always enchant your fists, but you can use a monk weapon, a gauntlet (need proficiency for it), or some other work-around.

Fax Celestis
2008-12-11, 01:35 PM
Can't. Have to hit him first, target gets a save, *then* he's stunned and loses his dex bonus.

A Blurstrike weapon (+2 enhancement, RotW) can fix that. When activated (free action), allows you to treat the target of your first attack every round as if they were flat-footed. You can't always enchant your fists, but you can use a monk weapon, a gauntlet (need proficiency for it), or some other work-around.
Can't stun through a gauntlet: not a special monk weapon.

NEO|Phyte
2008-12-11, 02:09 PM
Can't stun through a gauntlet: not a special monk weapon.

Ki Focus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#kiFocus)'ll fix that.