PDA

View Full Version : Dominions 3: The Awakening

Smight
2008-12-11, 04:28 AM
Are there any players of this game here interested in a game or two?

endoperez
2008-12-12, 03:07 AM
I'm regular on the official board at Shrapnel Games, and I'm afraid I'd play there if I get the time for it.

Are you looking for players spesifically from the Playground, or for a game in general?

Poison_Fish
2008-12-12, 02:22 PM
I play some myself as well, though I'm a bit behind the times as of late (Curse you savage 2 and disgaea 3).

endoperez
2008-12-12, 03:54 PM
Since I'm a big fan of the game and it's relatively obscure, here's a short description. Who knows, perhaps someone likes the demo and wants to try that in multiplayer.

Short description and some screenshots inside.

This is a fantasy strategy game where you, a would-be god, lead your chosen nation to conquer the world. There are dozens (!) of nations to choose from, and hundreds of spells, magic items and summonable creatures inspired by various myths. It plays like a wargame combined with Master of Magic.

That was the good. The bad are: user-interface, archaic graphics, and the difficulty in learning the basics. As an example, you give all the orders BEFORE the battle (not during it), and the armies move simultaneously (and thus can miss each other). While these make it a better multiplayer game, they also make it harder to learn.

Screenshots (I'm sorry for the quality):
Rain Priest of Mictlan of the Late era. The South-American nation has been conquered by froglike Atlantians, who left the seas to escape the insanity spreading from R'lyeh. R'lyeh is a playable nation, and insanity is a mechanic.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/Endoperez/atlantian.jpg

Rain Priest can hunt for blood slaves (used in casting Blood spells), research magic, lead armies or spread his god's dominion.
In combat, he can bless sacred units, banish undead and cast spells that require at most level 2 Water or level 1 Blood magic, such as Alteration 6 spell "Frozen Heart" (direct damage) or Evocation 2 spell "Rain" (quenches fires).

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/Endoperez/alteration6.jpg

There are several schools of magic. Alteration has many unit buffs and debuffs, but also some damage spells and summons.

If you're interested, download the demo, choose a big map, invest in economy (Order, Production, Growth, Luck) and have fun.