PDA

View Full Version : RP challenges.

juggalotis
2008-12-11, 09:40 AM
Myself im a huge fan of players having to use their brain as much as their dice. love the challenging potentially lethal situations that dont involve combat as much as the fight itself. figured it would be cool to have a thread where everyone can post their most memorable rp challenge.

myself i remember the party being in a wizards tower and having to go across a giant chess board. each place we stepped on could potentially move the chess pieces. if either could "capture" us our square burst into flames.

Voldecanter
2008-12-11, 09:50 AM
I once had my pcs In an Inn in which there was a secret panel under the bed , once the panel opened it revealed a staircase , this staircase was enchanted by a powerful illusion though , and each step triggered another change in setting , place or creature that was unreal however the staircase still remained , once the pcs reached the last step though , they were found in the exact place they were when they had first stepped down to the first stair on the stair case and the only way to dispel the illusion was to say or disbeilve the illusion it'self the phrase "This isn't Real" came in very handy that night ! Although my pc's characters where very frightened the rest of the adventure , thinking that some master illusionist was going to try and drive them insane once again .

valadil
2008-12-11, 09:59 AM
Why just last night I had a prostitute accuse the party's chivalrous knight of getting her with child. He hadn't of course, but she explained that the mere rumor that he'd done the deed could be enough to cost him his knighthood. They settled on a small but weekly bribe. I wonder which PC she'll approach next.

potatocubed
2008-12-11, 10:04 AM
The biggest RP challenge I ever set up was kind of accidental. The characters were visiting a creepy dude with a selection of weird and wacky magic items lying about the place. Although they knew that nothing good was likely to come of it, they were desperately curious regarding what each one might do. The guy wasn't telling, though.

When he left the room to get them... I forget what, some McGuffin or other, they almost resisted temptation.

Almost. :smallbiggrin:

They only looked in the covered mirror which brought their reputations to life as stylised versions of themselves, though. They didn't unleash the bone-eating demon-construct or the storm in a bottle.

juggalotis
2008-12-11, 10:08 AM
Ah elardin there is nothing as fun as breaking their minds.........their characters minds of course.

brant167
2008-12-11, 10:09 AM
Had the pc’s (level 17ish) go against a demigod with the war, suffering, and summoning domains. They had to stop him from bringing his army though a few gates he had created. The demigod knew 14 days in advance when anything affecting his domains would happen. So the pc’s had to figure out a way to take his summoning portal down without chagrining in with a army, using any teleportation or summoning magic, and had to do it without causing anyone to suffer.

juggalotis
2008-12-11, 10:09 AM
lol i love anything bone eating. especially if eats just the bones and character stays alive somehow.