PDA

View Full Version : Evolution 6.6 - The World

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-11, 12:05 PM
The island you were born on was a circle, in the direct center of the circle was a mountain. An incredibly large mountain. As of yet, no creature has gone to the mountain.

On this world several races are feeling what it's like to sentient.

5 EP

Alvatsot - Some quick sharp beaked birds have decided that you're their best prey.

Rogga - Rock thowers, large strong creatures that attack from a distance, have taken to throwing rocls at you.

Ernvuld - Lion like creatures commonly attack you.

Masstakran - A crreature seems to be killing and eating all the easy prey.

Tempesta - A similar race to your own only slightly smaller and not sentient, have been attacking you.

Zaaki - Small pests are damaging your wings.

Zakrull - Dog creatures rush after you, attracting predators and scaring prey.

slurpz
2008-12-11, 12:20 PM
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 1

The Zaali slowly open their eyes, and explore the world around them. By observing around them, and observing the sun, they see that they are near the water to the north of whatever it is that they are on. Some of the more adventurous Zaali tasted the water, and immediately spat it out, tasting the salt in the water. They decided to move away from the water that burns the tongue.

In the distance to the southeast, they see flat grassy areas with a few trees, their ideal environment, and so move en masse there. A few try out their wings to help them move faster, and notice that their wings feel incredibly itchy. Some of them tried rubbing against the ground to stop the itching, while others grabbed rocks and tried to scrape out the itchiness, but none of that worked. Eventually some of them realized that by using their hands and grooming one another, they can stop the itchiness. They find that the itchiness is caused by small little moving things that tasted good when eaten. Doing things together helped strengthen the Zaalian community bond.

Reaching the grasslands, the Zaali fan out, staying in packs of 10, a roughly equal ratio of males and females. Even with the packs so separated, they still stay within a general distance of each other. Each pack is based around a tree, which is where they drag their kills and food. At night, while the rest of the pack climbs up into the tree for a small shelter, a single male keeps watch. After his watch is over, he climbs into the tree and wakes up the next guard.

A couple Zaali begin to play around with rocks, slamming one into another. Sometimes, a rock would make a spark when struck by another rock. By making sparks near dry grasses, the Zaali managed to gain the ability to make rudimentary fires.

Also, when the rocks were struck hard enough, they would sometimes break. By refining this rock shaping and rock breaking process, they have managed to make rocks that can work as tools. Also, they found that they could use their arms to stabilize crude stone structures, while others of the race tried to build simple things out of rock. In the end, they managed to set up several crude stone walls around the outskirts of the grasslands, essentially marking the grassland territory as theirs.

While the Zaali relished the taste of meat, and the Zaalian hunters would stop at nothing to provide their pack with food, the Zaali females got busy collecting various plant parts. Through a process of trial and error, they eventually identified some plants as edible and other plants as poisonous.

+4 brains (able to make connections between cause and effect, able to start constructing), +1 grasping appendages (arms)

By becoming smarter and more adroit with their hands, the Zaali are able to pick out the pests from their wings.

The Zaali settle in the northeastern part of the island which is lush grasslands dotted with trees.

Image of environment:
http://www.nps.gov/band/naturescience/images/dale_montane_grassland.jpg

slurpz
2008-12-11, 12:25 PM
OOC: But extremely important!

Make sure to add in your evolutionary traits as +blah in dark green font. On the wiki this should be the color that is 4th from the left, and 3 down. This way, we'll know what you added, and that it doesn't take effect immediately (takes time to evolve).

{table]Race|Player
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali)| slurpz
Masstakran (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Masstakran)| Earl of Purple
Zakrull (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zakrull)| Cruxador
Tempestians (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Tempesta)| Turalisj
Ernvuld (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Ernvuld)| Quixotico
Roggae (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Rogga)| Johel
Alvatsoti (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Alvatsoti)| The_Glyphstone[/table]

Earl of Purple
2008-12-11, 01:13 PM
Masstakran

The masstakran were beginning to become hungry, due to the lack of prey. The existing nests decreased in size as masstakra grouped together to make new nests elsewhere with hopefully better hunting. During this time, they had to escape flooded tunnels occasionally, leading to a better knowledge of aquifers and groundwater. Also, in order to detect prey better, they were beggining to develop the ability to hear vibrations through the earth. Also during this time, the masstakrian tredition of eating weak or crippled hatchlings and unhatched eggs was established, so that food was not wasted.

Every new nest had a damp floor, ensuring a reliable source of water, and the language developed so the surviving hatchlings were better able to deal with the outside world, not that they'll see it. A sense of community was also developing, with a sense that all members of a nest own everything in the shared nest belonged to everybody, except those masstakra which weren't part of their nest.

+1 knowledge: aquifers (they know they're there and how to find them) +2 Tremour Sense, +2 language
The masstakran are in the south west of the island, in some plains.

slurpz
2008-12-11, 01:23 PM
OOC: Also make sure to put what you added and changed in spoiler text.

Johel
2008-12-11, 01:52 PM
Roggae

Rââz opened a eye when he felt somebody pulling one of his ears.
«-Truua, stop...Rââz tired.»
But the young female wouldn't stop. Rââz knew it well enough and, after a few more growls to frighten her, the Rogga decided that he had to move away from the lair's entrance to let the child in the open. It was the only way for him to get rid of his sister. So, Rââz stood up and dragged himself out of the way, following Truua as she went outside of the lair.
The light was particularly bright and one could see the High Rock from afar. Grass was tall and nearly dry. It was more tasty like that but all Roggae would rather have it short and green, as its actual state allowed predators to approach unnoticed. And Rââz, though already an adult, was not confident in his ability to protect the toddler. Yes, he was big for his age but still a dwarf in comparison to Früs, the old male who was (probably) his father.

“-One day, I'll be as strong and wise as him.”
But for now, even if he was eager to prove himself courageous and strong, he wasn't ready to face a whole pack of dire wolven without a good reason. He wasn't on Watch Shift and there was no good reason for him to wander further from the herd's lairs than Truua already was.

“-Truua. You come. The lair. Dangerous.”
He would gladly have said more but children of Truua's age would not understand it. Even him had some problem to produce the right sound for needed to communicate with adults. But he was trying, especially when the females were around. The fact that the young Rogga would leave the herd soon wasn't an excuse not to practice courtship. It was even a motivator : here, even with practice, he had no chance to find a mate, as everybody knew him too well. His qualities were well known but also his flaws. A new herd wouldn't know any but Rââz would show them only what he wanted. One day, he would even be able to tell tales like Früs was.
As he dreamed, the young male forgot about his sister. It was a old female on Watch Shift who caught the toddler in her True Hands and brought it back. The dark glance she threw at Rââz was meaningful.
“-Truua young. Not go out. Rââz adult. Rââz duty”
“-Sorry”

He didn't need to explain himself. No harm was done and he had learnt the lesson. But that wasn't the only thing he learnt that day. For example, he learnt that the Roggan armor was not indestructible like he had always thought. He had seen predators defeated by it and even the dire wolf knew better than to test the thick epidermal skin of the Roggae, especially the one of the elders. The few times Rââz had seen a injured Rogga were when the wounded had been hit on the belly, the forearms, the feet or the neck. Nothing could pierce the armor, nothing could defeat it. Or so he had thought so far. The boulder crashed on the female's flank, sending her rolling. She stood up, dazed, but a second, smaller rock hit her again and this time, she stopped moving.
Rââz turned his head to see where the rocks were coming from and so the Rock Throwers. He had heard Früs telling about them and how they could kill even the strongest Rogga with a few lucky shots. But of course, he had always thought the old male was making this up.
“-And now, I know he isn't...”

Rââz was an adult but still a dwarf compared to Früs and other fully grown-ups. He grabbed Truua and rushed into the lair while growling all the way.
“-DANGER !!! ROCKS !!!”
There was no grunt or roar to express the idea of throwing. The concept was known but, as it was neither a threat or a useful thing for the Roggae, they hadn't seen the need to vocalise it. But now, they would need it. For now it was a threat but Rââz, all coward he would look among his peers for hidding inside the children's lair, was already thinking about how useful it could be.

Here is for the RP part. This will spark an evolution and I'm going to RP it later (though in a shorter text. :smallwink: )
I just need to know :
-How big are the rocks ?
-How fast are the Rock Throwers ?
More questions in the OOC thread and by PM.

Turalisj
2008-12-11, 02:31 PM
http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Tempesta

The Tempestans looked around, the smell of ozone heavy around them. Something was wrong. There were small creatures around. Like them, but not them.

One of the Tempestans grabbed a sharp rock and threw it at the small creatures. That did not work. Another chased after one of the creatures, but it just ran into the thick trees. Finaly, the Tempestans grouped up into a large clump, letting the combined static create a loud humming sound.

+2 Brains, Electrical Manipulation +2, +1 Know(hunting tactics)

Cruxador
2008-12-11, 04:58 PM
The Zakrull reached the top of the pass. Below stretched a small valley. A river cut through, and there were some trees. Perhaps this place would be more hospitable. But no. The beasts were here too. There was a pack of them living in the valley. They would have to destroy them. The creatures took good food. Food was important.

+ 3 agility
+1 strength
+1 spines

Johel
2008-12-11, 07:24 PM
Rââz stood upon the hill. He was on Watch Shift with a third of the adults while another third was away to eat and drink. He looked at the savanna and tried to see them...in vain.

However, what he saw make him freeze in terror. Rock Throwers. Four of them. Since the first official encounter with them, these predators had been hunting the Roggae more and more. At Rââz's birth, the Matriarch had chosen him the name of a famous ancestor, a renowned defender of the herd, who had come from across the savanna, alone, more than thirty years from now. Rââz the Wise was how he was remembered.

He was called Rââz the Coward by other herds, including his native herd, but among this herd, all knew the true : Rââz was a visionary Rogga who had understood that the Roggae could not fight against the Rock Throwers yet. He had taught the children to flee rather than fight against these monsters. Because of this attitude, the herd was known as "The Running Herd" or "The Coward's herd" but its members didn't care : they lived while most herds were dying. And they lived because they had learned to dodge rather than endure, to flee rather than charge blindly...and to bid their time, as The Wise's successors were learning the way of the Rock Throwers.

When the predators saw Rââz, they advanced toward him, taking their time : Roggae weren't fast enough to really flee. Rââz was no exception but he was slightly faster...and could throw rocks.

He picked a stone on the ground, the size of his fist. The Rock Throwers didn't see it but did the same...with heavy rocks. They closed the distance, confident. Rââz began to walk away from them and to roar to alert the other Roggae on Watch Shift.
"-Rock Throwers !!"

When one of the predators finally reached the optimal throwing range, it aimed at Rââz...and didn't see the stone flying at his head. The three others turned to the left and saw a Rogga who had already grabbed another stone.
More stones were thrown from behind, as six Roggae were aimed for a second throw. Finally, Rââz threw his own. Surrounded, no Rock Thrower was left alive. The group gathered around the corpses.

"-Good."
"-No. We weak. Rock weak.
"-No. Rock Throwers dead. We dangerous.
"-We slow. We..."
He lacked words to express the distance, the range, the strength and speed of the stones and the precision.
"-We need fast stones."
Though the sentence could be confused, the others nodded. This ambush was a lucky one. Because they had the number and the surprise. They would need accuracy but also a way to increase their firepower. One of the Roggae asked a silent question by pointing the corpses. Blunt grunts answered : they would be left to rot. With luck, this would attract scavengers and those would make good targets to practice.

+1 Agility. Only the faster Roggae can actually flee far enough from the Rock Throwers to hide.
+1 Plant Knowledge. This continues to increase because of "Trial and error".
+1 Plant weaving. That's kind of linked to Plant Knowledge and will be developed in next post.
+2 "Throw objects". The Running Herd is the most successful for now. It will keep training with stones and ambush Rock Throwers whenever they can. This will also be useful against other predators.

The Glyphstone
2008-12-11, 07:38 PM
The Alvatsoti drift in their loose colonies through the skies, soaking in the blissful energy of the perpetual sunlight. The air currents buoy them from place to place, and occasional clumps of spores drift down to settle on the soil far, far below.

But despite their peaceful isolation, there are still dangers in the world. Things-that-poke attack the Alvatsoti, their sharp tips puncturing the outside layers of fleshy skin. Those who succeeded in downing an Alvatsot likely died soon afterward from poisoning, but that was no consolation to the unfortunate victim. They are nothing if not adaptable, though - among the suviving Alvatsoti, some have even more exceptionally sensitive eyespots, allowing them to detect incoming attackers sooner, and a corresponding improved accuracy with their spat gobules of acidic fluid, turning into more of an actual ranged projectile instead of a simple vomiting attack.

+2 Toxic Ranged Attack.
Bank the remaining 3 EP.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-12, 12:00 PM
The Zakrull reached the top of the pass. Below stretched a small valley. A river cut through, and there were some trees. Perhaps this place would be more hospitable. But no. The beasts were here too. There was a pack of them living in the valley. They would have to destroy them. The creatures took good food. Food was important.

((OOC: are the dog things nocturnal or diurnal? I need to know for how to resolve my attack.))

+ 3 agility
+1 strength
+1 spines

Same as you.

Quixotico
2008-12-12, 02:18 PM
Ernvuld

The Ernvuld, creatures of the foothills of the mountain, began to form tribes. They found the ways of language. They found how to make life easier through the use of tools. They found fear and pain when the creatures of the foothills began to treat their tribes like buffet lines.

And so, Ernvuldi genetics answered. The tougher, craftier survived. Their innate ability to generate a shocking current along their skin became even more important. Then answered the attacks with a fierce and proud unified voice, shouting out "Kirvindishoth!" Sadly, the rest of the world knew not what this meant, nor were many around to hear it.

Sorry for the absence. Work got insane. I finished out the beginning 30 EP, and here's the new 5 EP:

+1 Tough
+1 Tool Crafting
+1 Electric Shock
+2 Weapon Crafting

I'll get the rest of the descriptions filled out on the wiki today.

Johel
2008-12-12, 04:01 PM
Rock Throwers :
Agility: 1
:smalleek: So, I don't even had to increase the agility ? The Roggae could already outrun them. That's weird... but I'm not complaining.

slurpz
2008-12-12, 04:03 PM
Rock Throwers :
Agility: 1
:smalleek: So, I don't even had to increase the agility ? The Roggae could already outrun them. That's weird... but I'm not complaining.

I'm pretty sure that flying rocks go faster than most creatures run :smallwink:

Turalisj
2008-12-12, 04:13 PM
Ernvuld

The Ernvuld, creatures of the foothills of the mountain, began to form tribes. They found the ways of language. They found how to make life easier through the use of tools. They found fear and pain when the creatures of the foothills began to treat their tribes like buffet lines.

And so, Ernvuldi genetics answered. The tougher, craftier survived. Their innate ability to generate a shocking current along their skin became even more important. Then answered the attacks with a fierce and proud unified voice, shouting out "Kirvindishoth!" Sadly, the rest of the world knew not what this meant, nor were many around to hear it.

Sorry for the absence. Work got insane. I finished out the beginning 30 EP, and here's the new 5 EP:

+1 Tough
+1 Tool Crafting
+1 Electric Shock
+2 Weapon Crafting

I'll get the rest of the descriptions filled out on the wiki today.

I came copyright fraud!

slurpz
2008-12-12, 04:16 PM
I came copyright fraud!

You have no right to talk, you stoneworking-stealing person!

Quixotico
2008-12-12, 04:43 PM
I came copyright fraud!

Oy crap... Sorry, but I honestly have not read a single person's race or immortal. I haven't even had time to finish my species out whole.

However, I see a silver lining...

slurpz
2008-12-12, 04:44 PM
Oy crap... Sorry, but I honestly have not read a single person's race or immortal. I haven't even had time to finish my species out whole.

However, I see a silver lining...
It's okay. Races can have common aspects too...

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-12, 04:53 PM
The threats are still there but now they're lesser threats.

5 EP

Alvatsot - 7% increase

Rogga - 6% increase

Ernvuld - 6% increase

Masstakran - 6% increase

Tempesta - 7% increase

Zaali - 5% increase

Zakrull - 7% increase

Cruxador
2008-12-12, 05:59 PM
The Zakrull waited, up on the mountainside. But the creatures were awake during the night. If they attacked, they risked injury, if they didn't, there would be little left to hunt.
One of the Zakrull was willing to risk it. He had no name, for none of them did, and he could not explain, for none would understand, but he had decided. It was no good, they had to attack the creatures in their wakefulness. And so he attacked, leaving an attack scent in his wake. The others followed close behind. Down they rushed, onto the creatures, and they slew. Yet the day was not all fine, for the brave Zakrull who started the charge had fallen, and so had many others. The dogs continued to fight, but as the Zakrull returned to their cliffs, a bright light came upon a huge tree.
The dogs fled from it.
I'd wanted to do this on the first day, but oh well. My additions for this turn:
+2 Toughness
+1 Climb

By the way, is the percent growth before or after the formula (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Fertility)on the wiki? Seems like it's be after, but I notice the Tempestans have the same growth as the Zakrull and Alvasoti, despite having no Fertility Bonus (that I can see)

Also, what are my losses? I think I pretty clearly win at combat, but the calculator isn't working, so I don't really know what the numbers are. Also, I don't know how many dogs there are, seeing as this is just one little valley I'm clearing out. I need that number (and what size the dogs are) before I can calculate my total losses.

Johel
2008-12-12, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that flying rocks go faster than most creatures run :smallwink:

Yes, they do but the Rock Throwers are large creatures. The Roggae are in savanna, where large beasts can be seen from far away. If the Roggae move faster than Rock Throwers, it means they'll just have to leave the area and to hide.

Anyway, sorry for the OOC-only spoiler. I was going to edit but a friend called and I forgot about it. Here is the text.

Rock Throwers were still a threat but, as the Roggae learned more about them, it appeared the mighty predators were too slow to even catch a Rogga. The main advantage of the Rock Throwers was the incredible range, accuracy and strength with which they fired their rocks. However, the Roggae were already becoming faster and, as the Running Herd grew in number, its males migrated to other herds, sharing with them their genes but also the ideas and knowledges.

Roggae now ran away from Rock Throwers most of the time. But with their slowly improving aim, they wouldn't run from more common predators and all hoped that, one day, they would be able to hunt down Rock Throwers rather than setting involuntary and lucky ambushes. Some herds even began to hunt down the local scavengers, as these nasty beasts used to abduct unwatched children to eat them.

At the same time, the plant weaving improved and baskets, mats and ropes began to be used to carry larger quantity of fruits. As they spent more and more time crafting these items, the dexterity of the Roggae began to increase at the same rate that their plant weaving and throwing skills.

+1 "Plant Weaving"
+1 "Plant Knowledge"
+2 "Grasping Appendage (true hands)"
+1 "Throwing objects"

More RP tomorrow.

Turalisj
2008-12-12, 09:57 PM
The Tempestans were beginning to be annoyed at these small creatures. The Tempestans threw rocks at them, but they fled and returned. Then they tried to shock them, but they merely absorbed the electricity. Finaly, one of the Tempestans known as Bzzt, for he often shocked himself, came to one of the creatures in an attempt to pacify it. He brought with him a valuable prize- meat

Meanwhile, the many Raijin began to spread out. They moved northwards, seeking more food to expand their supplies.

Husbandry +1
Brains +2
Electrical Manipulation +2

slurpz
2008-12-13, 02:22 AM
Well, the Zaali are getting the least % increase, so at least -something- is right. :smalltongue: I vote we reduce the tempestians to +6%.
MAP (with race areas and colors!):
http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/f/evomap.jpg
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 2

Continuing to work on their stone walls, the Zaali found a dead end to the wall building. When the walls got too high, the stones would get unstable and collapse. Luckily, they were able to see that mud mixed with water allowed them to "glue" the rocks together.

8 of the 10 Zaalian packs decided to migrate southward, using their wings to glide across the water to set up a new hunting area.

100 + 5% = 105 Zaali.

+5 brains (pretty advanced grasp of ways to apply objects around them)

Cruxador
2008-12-13, 03:09 AM
Zakrull (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zakrull)

The Zakrull are happy that they destroyed the creatures. The creatures couldn't scare away prey, and the creatures themselves could be eaten, though they were very large for that purpose, and difficult to stomach.

But there were more of these things, they roved through the mountains, scaring away the food where they went. The Zakrull would find and eat these things. And they did.

But all was not good, for the beasts did not take well to being destroyed. They fought back, and though they could rarely catch Zakrull in their jaws, when they did it was torn to pieces in seconds. And so no few Zakrull died.

For killing 100 of them, I took 25.504891 casualties, rounded to 26. Total population is now at 81, and I'm waiting for that +4 I put into Toughness to kick in in two years.

Reath
2008-12-13, 03:26 AM
In the forests where the battle look place, an clearing had something... odd, in it. A stone tree, that seemed carved from the ground itself, stood there, taller than most of it's surrounding, and encircled by perfect stone blocks. In several other clearing were failed attempts at this accomplishment, and even in this clearing broken stone blocks lay littered in the small field. But what was important, was the Tree, which stood throught the battle. It was curious, because in some ways, it almost seemed realiztic, but at other points it was stylized.

And suddenly, just as the tree began to draw attention, a... a THING climbed atop it, standing on two legs, with pink skin, and covered in bulky, brilliant armor. For a moment, he simply stood, clapping, the sound of metal against metal rushing through the clearing... when suddenly, he rose into the air, and brilliant yellow light shone from his body, bathing the clearing as voices rang out in the mind of the Zakrull. "Hail! Hail! Brave warriors of the Mountains, valiant conquerers of the forests, maginficient rulers of this world- I applaud your performance in battle! You are great warriors, your people, worthy of my favor."

1st Miracle: Shinning light and lifting into the air. Impressive, but essentially useless otherwise. (Unless someones really sensitive to light.)

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-13, 06:25 AM
The Tempestans were beginning to be annoyed at these small creatures. The Tempestans threw rocks at them, but they fled and returned. Then they tried to shock them, but they merely absorbed the electricity. Finaly, one of the Tempestans known as Bzzt, for he often shocked himself, came to one of the creatures in an attempt to pacify it. He brought with him a valuable prize- meat

Meanwhile, the many Raijin began to spread out. They moved northwards, seeking more food to expand their supplies.

Husbandry +1
Brains +2
Electrical Manipulation +2

The creature rushes to the meat, though if you're there when he's finished he'll attack you too.

Johel
2008-12-13, 07:03 AM
Roggae

Salty. That was the taste of the Great River's water. And what a river !! Rââz the Traveler couldn't see the other bank from where he was.
Is there even one ? What mountain can give birth to such a river ? And why does it taste so bad ?!

Rââz's herd had been traveling far away from the savanna of their ancestors, who had begun this trip decades ago. Rââz enjoyed when the matriarch was telling stories of the past, stories her own mother had told her. He also loved the stories of the males, stories of other herds and of their adventures. All these stories, he would bring them with him when his turn to depart would come. But right now, he enjoyed the tide of the waves, letting himself push back and forth as the waves went.

Griia, the matriarch, roared to call back the young male, as water was already at his waist and he wouldn't be able to swim if it kept climbing. The Roggae weren't afraid of water but their experience with it was limited to shallow rivers where they could go fishing with their bare hands. Some herds had tried to use baskets to catch the fish but it hadn't been successful.

"-Rââz !! Come !! Too far !!"
“Too far”. A new word which had appeared, along with others, because of the stone throwing, as it was necessary to designate range.

On the sandy beach, a third of the herd was busy making baskets out of reed they had found along the Great River's sister, three days ago. Children were weaving ropes to knot the baskets on the adults back. Rââz was on Rest Shift and was supposed to do that kind of restful activity...but he wouldn't.

Ignoring the call, he kept playing in the sea.

A herd of about 15 roggae has reached the sea to the North-East of the Roggae territory.

Mephit
2008-12-13, 09:13 AM
Beyond the sea, beyond the sea,
Are kindly hearts and social glee:
But here for me they may not be;
My heart is gone beyond the sea
Mar fell and fell, and saw the world take shape below him. Much had changed. He looked at the place where his great library once stood, but even the rubble had disappeared by now. Well, that would have to be rebuilt, but there was no haste in that. First, he had to see what had awakened him again.
It didn't take long before he spotted the commotion that was going on on a small island in his Waters.
Ah, the mortals are back. That explained a lot.

While he was still falling and observing the world, he suddenly felt something pull on him. Nothing strong, but it was still there.
It was a small mortal, playing in the Ocean, and despite his slight distrust of mortals, he had to admit he was slightly charmed by him - Him? Was it a him? Yeah, it was.
Alright, he thought, time to take a closer look.

Weeeeeeeeeeee...

"Splash." A small body softly hit the surface of the water, about 30 foot away from Rââz's position. Oddly, though, the waves of the water rose up, but then simply fell back into the water, without even coming near to the Rogga. A second later, a figure emerged from the water. It was completely different from the Rogga, but it didn’t seem to either run from or to Rââz. The creature slowly tried nearing him, eventually stopping at a few feet away from the Rogga.
Then, all of sudden, [i]it spoke[i].
Hello. it said a bit hesitating. The creature looked a bit suspicious, but did not seem afraid or hostile towards Rââz.
Do you like the sea?

slurpz
2008-12-13, 09:53 AM
MAP:

Two packs decided to split off from the group on the bottom: one went northward, one went northwestward. Applying their knowledge of how to construct stone walls, the pack that is the most westward began building one that stretched the breadth of the land.

Current stats of wall: .5 m high, 2 m wide.

Johel
2008-12-13, 10:38 AM
Rââz snorted with curiosity and fear when the waves rose. He was surprised when the water just felt back in place, as if nothing had happened. Then the strange fish-like creature appeared and...spoke to him ?!! There was so many words. Sea ? What was...

"-Sea ?"
He looked around, then at the water...and splashed it.
"-Sea !! Great River ?! Yes, Rââz-like-Sea !!

He then paused, his enthusiasm clouded by worries and questions.
"-You speak Roggan ?!!"

To ask what the thing was, he would have to find a way to express it with Roggan grunts and hiss...and it was impossible. Roggae could count, they could imagine abstract concepts...but to express them was difficult. Questions were usually limited to the minimum. To ask what was this plant's name, a young Rogga would just touch the plant, look at the adult, roar "Plant", then touch it again. The adult was supposed to make the sound of the plant's name, then. But here, how could he ask the thing his name or what it was without touching it.

Earl of Purple
2008-12-13, 10:54 AM
Masstakran (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Masstakran)

One day, a young masstakra was surprised by a predatory creature whilst eating a large meal. The masstakra was eating the marrow from a jagged bone, and when the creature attacked, the masstakra killed it with the bone, and the just-past-hatchling masstakran were wearing rings made from the vertebrae of their first kill, and every very large kill since also supplied rings. Some of the young masstakra were begining to ask awkward questions, such as 'does the place with the Tasty-Things have a roof? What about walls?' within the limits of their language (sort of 'where Tasty-Things are, roof? Walls?). The fully-grown masstakra generally ignored the questions as they didn't know the answers.

The masstakran continue to expand, with a new nest of about twenty individuals towards the South. They now have five nests, each of which with touching territory.

107 individual masstakran, I think.
2 EP on Bonework, (one weapon, one jewellery, if possible) 1 EP in Brain, and 2 EP on Grasping Appendage (arms) to hold their new pointy bone daggers.

Mephit
2008-12-13, 11:16 AM
"-You speak Roggan ?!!"

To ask what the thing was, he would have to find a way to express it with Roggan grunts and hiss...and it was impossible. Roggae could count, they could imagine abstract concepts...but to express them was difficult. Questions were usually limited to the minimum. To ask what was this plant's name, a young Rogga would just touch the plant, look at the adult, roar "Plant", then touch it again. The adult was supposed to make the sound of the plant's name, then. But here, how could he ask the thing his name or what it was without touching it.

Mar thought about how he was going to answer that question for a few seconds. How was he going to explain this to the simple creature? He had hoped for a species with a higher intelligence.
But he had to work with what he had and after a while, the Immortal answered:
No, I speak think-language. You think the words I think.
He paused for a while, hoping the creature understood that.
I'm not a Roggan. I live here, in the Sea - the Great River.
Not necessarily true - but hey, he wasn't going to make this too complicated.
I'm the Sea's friend. I can ask it to help me, or help you.
As if to deny that, a big wave suddenly rose over the two. Mar looked at it, waved his hand, and the wave bent away from them, smashing into some rocks but leaving the duo unharmed.
Mar looked back at Rââz.
See?

As you may or mar not have suspected, Mar kind of used his miracle to both create the wave and bend it away here.

Johel
2008-12-13, 11:41 AM
Roggae

Rââz was in awe and so were the rest of the Roggae who, back on the beach, had though Rââz would drown each time the waves had risen. But the young male was still there, healthy, and the strange creature didn't seemed hostile.

The matriarch picked up a stone, just in case, then walked to Rââz and the creature, followed by the Roggae on Watch Shift.

The six Roggae arrived, each with large pebbles in their hands. They stared at Mar in silence. Then Griia grunted.
"-Rââz. Come."
But the young male didn't move. Still looking at the Immortal, he asked.
"-You Strong. Teach Rââz."

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-13, 01:04 PM
Poi: Poi had been lurking in the seas, not cared or seen by the immortals before now. A sort of Man-Shark are going after the Poi. The Men-Sharks can only breath under water, but are quick and have a ferocious bite.

Copacetic
2008-12-13, 01:23 PM
The Poi leader signalled to the Poi, and they take to land, hoping to escape the Shark man. The Poi knew they would have to return to the water.
So their their leader spoke to them of his plan. Pointing to the blob the knew was the lurking sharkman, he spoke.Sharkman Kill. He pointed at himself. He thne pointed at the sharkman again. Sharkman Fish. He mimed stabbing his pear in the water, as if to hunt fish. Lure. He then placed a bleeding, hardly alive fish in the shallow water.

So the Poi Gathered their spears, and waited in shallow water, hoping to attract the Shark man and kill it.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-13, 01:24 PM
One sharkman does take the bait and is proptly killed.

Gourtox
2008-12-13, 01:24 PM
Brian

Its time to meet some mortals. He looks inside of his pool and and sees a group of winged humanoids. Well that looks like a good place to start. His avatar appears in front of plain in front of him and a river behind him. He sees a group of those humanoids in a tree and starts heading south towards them. "Hello there. How are you today?" he says as he nears the tree and stops.

Copacetic
2008-12-13, 01:44 PM
One sharkman does take the bait and is proptly killed.

The Poi Leader drags the Sharkman out of the water and grabs a rock and smashes the carcass in the head as a sign of victory But the rock splits, reveling flakes of black rock that are rather sharp. The Females gather the stones, and inquistively attach them to a spear with some long, strong leaves. The Leader then takes a bite out of it, to signefiy it was now food. Males and females flocked to the carcass and take a bite. The flavor was strong, yet appatising. The Poi wanted more. So they reset the trap, with another fish drowning in its own blood, with the Poi waiting eagerly.

I get 5 EP, right? If thats the case.....
+3 strength
+2 Skill(stoneworking)

slurpz
2008-12-13, 01:48 PM
The Poi Leader drags the Sharkman out of the water and grabs a rock and smashes the carcass in the head as a sign of victory But the rock splits, reveling flakes of black rock that are rather sharp. The Females gather the stones, and inquistively attach them to a spear with some long, strong leaves. The Leader then takes a bite out of it, to signefiy it was now food. Males and females flocked to the carcass and take a bite. The flavor was strong, yet appatising. The Poi wanted more. So they reset the trap, with another fish drowning in its own blood, with the Poi waiting eagerly.

I get 5 EP, right? If thats the case.....
+3 strength
+2 Skill(stoneworking)
If you're going to attach stones to wood or other things, just stoneworking is not going to get you a weapon. You'd need points in spear too. Also check your wiki race thread...Johel commented on the same point.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-13, 01:49 PM
It works but it won't work again for a while. (a few hours)

Quixotico
2008-12-13, 01:56 PM
The Ernvuld attack the cat-like creatures, but it does not stop them. These creatures still raid their tribe's grounds. The weapons the Ernvuld have made were not useless; indeed they helped in hunting, but a different approach was required to protect their budding community.

Curious creatures, many an Ernga ventured about in exploration. Many came across natural defenses of flora that gave them ideas. Words had to be invented to explain these ideas, but the result was there. Ernvuld began manufacturing traps to set about their grounds in order to drive off the various threats that might not be spotted by guards.

+1 Brain to understand.
+1 Language to help others understand.
+3 Trap Crafting to help others understand that we do not like being eaten.

Also, I don't see the Ernvuld on the map. (Probably my fault.) They live in the foothills of the mountains, looks like there's room on the North side along the river.

Copacetic
2008-12-13, 02:08 PM
If you're going to attach stones to wood or other things, just stoneworking is not going to get you a weapon. You'd need points in spear too. Also check your wiki race thread...Johel commented on the same point.

But ..but...

Woodcrafting 6 The Poi have learned to shape sticks and tree-branchs into Spears and Shields :smalleek:

slurpz
2008-12-13, 02:14 PM
Ernvuld are on the map now.
Wiki is the main resource we use. If it isn't on the wiki, it isn't there.

Copacetic
2008-12-13, 02:20 PM
Wiki is the main resource we use. If it isn't on the wiki, it isn't there.

As I said there, I'm having a bit of difficulty using th wiki. Bear with me.:smallredface:

Johel
2008-12-13, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I was puzzled when I saw the Wiki page, too.
By the way, you have only spent 31 EP so far.
Better invest the rest of your EP in tech&skill to make up all those nice things your species just found.

And for everybody : 7 feet long is NOT large :smalltongue:

Slurpz : I assume the Central River on the map are Mississippi-like for the size, and that small, shallow rivers are running here and there from the Southern Lake. Is that ok ?

Roggae

While Griia's herd had traveled to the North West, finding the Sea, most of the other herds still lived in the savanna, migrating along the light forests and small rivers. The throwing ability had spread and now, Roggae could easily catch the juicy fruits which grew on the highest trees, and the need to outroot the tree first.

They kept scaring away scavengers, herbivores and small predators alike, doing so mainly to train their aim but also to get rid of competitors and threats. Big predators like the Rock Throwers were still a problem but the new generation of Roggae could now spot them far before they reached fire range. To hide among the tall grass or among the nearby trees wasn't a problem when you could dig holes here and there.

Thanks to their increasing carrying capacity, the Roggae could now harvest larger quantity of fruits and plants then travel for days, stopping only to rest and to eat. This allowed the smaller herds to explore more and more of their surrounding. Most the herds went East and South.

7 herds so far

one of 21, the Running Herd, which circles in the savanna.
four of 15, one of which is near the North West Bay
two of 12, one going East and the second going South.

slurpz
2008-12-13, 02:31 PM
Yes. I just put the two main rivers on the map because I didn't feel like drawing all the small little rivers.

Also, if you move your population, PM me to remind me, or else I might forget to update the map.

Cruxador
2008-12-13, 03:02 PM
The Zakrull saw the bright light in the Tree. It was the Sun! why was the Sun here? It was night! The Zakrull closed their eyes and looked not at the bright light. They smelt strange words. But it was not really a smell. The Sun! that was who it was. The Sun used a strange aroma that the Zakrull could barely understand. But they got some idea. The Sun was happy that the beasts had been driven off. The Sun made little sense, but it seemed it considered them to be one of its own.

+ 1 Brains
+1 Language
(I took away form my earlier spending to allow for this.)

Mephit
2008-12-13, 03:13 PM
Mar, Turn 2: The Roggae

Mar smiled. He enjoyed inquisitive mortals, those that wanted to learn.
And so he taught the Roggae, for him it seemed to take only a split-second of his endless lifespan, for the mortals it could've been hours or days.

With some patience - the Roggae weren't the quickest pupils he'd had - he explained them how to fish more effectively. The Roggae obviously weren't very agile and quick, so he decided to teach them a different method than simply using their claws. He showed them the tides at the shore and a shallow spot of water. When a sufficient amount of bait was placed there and the inlet was blocked off when the water was the highest, all the Rogga had to was wait. The water would lower, leaving the fish exposed on dry land, ready for them to pick up.

Later, Mar showed them something entirely different: Fire, the opposite of the Ocean.
Using twigs, some dry leaves, and a stick, he lit a small flame. With the help of the Rogga, it grew into an entire campfire.
Mar decided that he didn't want the Rogga to know how to make it just yet - he didn't feel they were responsible for that yet, but he did explain them how to keep the fire burning: They would have to supply dry wood, keep it away from water, not take it into the forest, etc.

Much later, Mar felt another tingle in his brain. It was time for him to leave.
He thanked Griia and Rââz - he had grown a bit fond of the latter one.
Stay close to the Sea, and you will see me again. he told them with a smile. Then he dived into the Sea again, and was gone.

I expect Mar knows something of his own domain - the Tides and what fish like - and I think he should know how to make a simple fire with Knowledge(Physics). Correc me if you think I'm wrong, though.

slurpz
2008-12-13, 03:46 PM
Brian

Its time to meet some mortals. He looks inside of his pool and and sees a group of winged humanoids. Well that looks like a good place to start. His avatar appears in front of plain in front of him and a river behind him. He sees a group of those humanoids in a tree and starts heading south towards them. "Hello there. How are you today?" he says as he nears the tree and stops.
MAP:

The Zaal near the base of the tree looked up at the top of the tree.
fcswlnisru uondwulnisru *right wing slash*

From the top of the tree: mnswhzfc lnvf lnfc *wing wave*

xezg pdnd isndfc naisndmn *double hand jerk*

Four heads peak out from the tree’s canopy.
rtndndna hzfc fcswhzfc *double hand jerk*
xezg pdnd isndfc fcswlnisna xezg swhzexqi vfqiqiis hzisbufcswlnisru rtlnnaqi lnfc *double hand jerk*
pdnd bundxr fcswlnisna swqi mnlnrtrt swxrkbfc xrvf *wing wave*
hzswsw lnfc fchzrtnavf *double hand jerk* lnfc fchzrtnavf *double hand jerk*

At that last remark, all of the Zaali quieted down. The Zaal at the base of the tree climbed into the tree, and all that could be heard from the outside is the muted flutter of wings and the wisp of voices. In a short while, 5 male Zaali climb down from the tree and begin heading towards the strange creature. 5 more heads, all female, pop out of the leaves, staring curiously. All 5 Zaali carry stone axes in their hands, slick with something. They lope easily towards the avatar, the wings trailing gracefully behind them. When they are separated from the strange creature by less than 20 meters, the lead Zaal says vffcndhw, ending with a slash of his right wing.

xezg hzwu *wings cross in front of him* iehzexexln *right wing slash* mnswnd hzkbqi bundxr *wing wave*

The four Zaali behind him brandish their stone axes menacingly and brace their legs, ready to spring at a signal from the front Zaal.

Gourtox
2008-12-13, 05:02 PM
Brian

"Hello Zavvi, nice to meet you. I am Brian." He observes the Zaali. "You are flying hunters that defend your territory. I like you guys already. Wow. flying hunters that defend their territory. Awesome! I wonder what other creatures roam this planet.

slurpz
2008-12-13, 05:13 PM
MAP:

yekblnhzis *wing wave*

The first Zaal, or Zavvi, looks back at the four standing behind him. The five Zaali exchange a series of hand gestures. As their backs are turned mainly away from you, you can't really catch any hand signals. You do catch a bunch of double hand jerks though.

Zavvi turns back to the god-creature.

mnqi *wings cross in front of him* hzkbqi fcswqi iehzhzrt *right wing slash* mnswhzfc pdnd bundxr mnhzisfc *wing wave*

Copacetic
2008-12-13, 05:46 PM
It works but it won't work again for a while. (a few hours)

The Poi descend on the dead sharkman, and devour it in seconds. Meanwhile, the females begin gathering up the flaky, black rock the Chief discovered and some palm fronds....

Mephit
2008-12-13, 06:01 PM
Mar, Turn 2 - The Poi

This time, Mar was planning on visiting the group of small islands to the noetheast of the main island. It was there that he felt something inside the sea, something...sentient.
He had used most of his power in this short period, a limitation that bugged him. But Mar knew that it didn't matter if you tried to get mortals to listen to reason or impressed them with magic.
They didn't listen either way.

There was another splash like the one at the Roggae tribe, near the shore of one of the islands. And again, the figure emerged from the water shortly afterwards. He looked around, searching for something.

I'm going to let what the Poi are doing to you, Frigs, so it's a short post. :smallsmile:
Edit: Sorry, I was already typing when you posted the above post.

Johel
2008-12-13, 06:07 PM
Roggae

Griia's herd spent a long period with the strange creature from the "Sea", as he had called the Great River. As this name sounded mysterious and cool, and as it could help to differentiate this Great River from future Great Rivers, the name was adopted. From now, this place would be known as "Sea"

But vocabulary was not the only gift of "Määr" to the Roggae. Fire was still to mysterious, scary and wild for them but many understood its possibilities after Mar made them try the roasted fish. But most importantly, it was the idea to TRAP fish that was a real breakthrough. Fish were sneaky animals which usually swam away when you tried to catch them. But if you could impede their moves, or at least limit them inside a small area...

Griia's herd didn't stay on the beach any longer. It had things to try in a nearby river and, more important, a few young males impatient to use their new knowledge to find a mate among other herds.
---------------------

The nets and baskets are used to carry stuff with ease. A basket or a net full of fruits can be hauled up with only one hand. Plants, fruits, fish, it's all the same : you pack it together and you can then pick it up easily.
That was Rââz's thought as he neared the shallow river with two large nets of thickly weaved fern. Such big nets had taken him two weeks to make and if it didn't worked, he would have to cut them into smaller ones, as carrying stuff in such large nets would be impractical.
"-Trôô Wait. Trôô hold net."
A young male with a wide scar across the back nodded. Rââz had explained his idea as best as he could and Trôô was willing to help but he was doubtful. Rââz, however, was the one who had talk to "Määr-of-Sea".
"-Trôô hold. Rââz go."

And so Rââz crossed the river, holding one side of the net while Trôô held the other. When they were doing so, two females were setting baskets made of vine in the water, first putting stone into them so they wouldn't be driven away but the stream, then putting rotten fruits and dead fish inside the baskets. After this, they stepped back, took the second net and imitated Rââz and Trôô.

It was not long before fish arrived, attracted by the taste of fruit and flesh. However, the basket prevented the bait to be taken but this, the fish couldn't know it. It was nearly the end of the Shift when Rââz nodded to the eldest of the females, who then grunted.
"-We advance. Hold net. Catch fish"
And, holding their nets, the Roggae began to advance toward the baskets, shrinking the space in which the fish were swimming. Each net had been ballasted with stones and so they scraped against the riverbed, preventing the fish to get away.

Rââz smiled. It worked.
The fish are sneaky and swim away when you try to catch them. But in Määr's special pool, they were easy to catch because they couldn't move. Like if they were dead. Like if they were in a net.
And now they were. Griia's herd ate a lot of fish from that day.

From now, it's just one herd which fishes like that. But next turn, I'm going to up the whole species ability to fish. Mephit, if you can teach the Roggae how to lit fire, I'm sure they'll worship you as a good spirit.

Copacetic
2008-12-13, 06:11 PM
Mar, Turn 2 - The Poi

This time, Mar was planning on visiting the group of small islands to the noetheast of the main island. It was there that he felt something inside the sea, something...sentient.
He had used most of his power in this short period, a limitation that bugged him. But Mar knew that it didn't matter if you tried to get mortals to listen to reason or impressed them with magic.
They didn't listen either way.

There was another splash like the one at the Roggae tribe, near the shore of one of the islands. And again, the figure emerged from the water shortly afterwards. He looked around, searching for something.

I'm going to let what the Poi are doing to you, Frigs, so it's a short post. :smallsmile:
Edit: Sorry, I was already typing when you posted the above post.

Don't be. I should be sorry for being such a ninja. *slaps hand* bad Frigs. Bad Frigs.:smalltongue:

The Poi pause, and there is silence. The Poi leader cautiosly aproachs Maur, and lets out a series of clicks. He levels his new obsidian-tipped spear at him, while several of the males gather around him.

Reath
2008-12-13, 06:50 PM
It would do.

Hue dimmed his lights and fled from the blinded Zakrull. They were stupid enough to assume he had simply dissapeared, and that worked greatly to his advantage. What disturbed the idiotic masses more than something they couldn't understand? Into the forest he went, to find a fitting place to rest. It took him some time, but before long he hand brought himself to rest atop a great rock. There he sat, bidding his time.

Hours passed, while all around him dew began to settle on rocks and dampen their prestige, he was better than that: The water evaded his person and simply held in the air around him. Certaintly, the water must be so awed by his prescence that they held in the air to watch him- what other explination was there?

When the light began to once more fade from his presence, the immortal broke open his eyes and drew a wild grin accross his face, before dissambling his form into all existance. He hovered, everything for a single moment, and coalesced in the tunnels of the Masstakran, himself a slithering creature, but wrapped in circlets of gold, and not slithering over the ground but supported on long, spindly legs that kept him off the surface: his body was too prestigeous to stay on the ground. With that, he began to stalk the tunnels, picking rocks and jewels from the walls to carry with him.

Gourtox
2008-12-13, 06:57 PM
Brian (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Brian), Turn 2

"What do I want? Why I want to help you of course. I want to help them, but how do I do it? I see they value strength. Well I shall teach them about something every hunter should know. Stealth. "I shall teach you about stealth, but not now for it is too light outside. If I can I would like to wait with you until night, as I call it comes. Night is when the sky goes dark.

slurpz
2008-12-13, 07:41 PM
MAP:

Zavvi seems to have an air of impatience.

fcswqi iehzhzrtln rund xrhw lnisfcnd fckbqiqivf hzfc islnruswfc *right wing slash*

Dismissing the odd creature, the lead Zaal turns around. As if his action were a signal, the other four Zaali males also turn around. All five Zaali lope back to the tree.

The original guard male has taken up his old place at the base of the tree.

Gourtox
2008-12-13, 09:47 PM
Brian, Turn 2

"I will show you the importance of stealth when you want it, but beware of those who do have stealth." He says running after them. He stops a few meters from the tree and just sits down.

slurpz
2008-12-13, 11:35 PM
MAP:

The Zaali had thought that they'd be left alone. The watch looked up with minor shock as he saw the creature moved closer yet again, saying that it'll teach the Zaali how to be sneaky.

The watch stands up, narrowing his eyes.

fcswqi iehzhzrtln hzkbqi vffckbndisru *double hand jerk* mnswbu yeqi vfisqihznabu mnswqiis hzgbqi vfndrtexqivf qiexqikbbufcswlnisru *wing wave*

I'm almost done with my translating program! It just can't handle the text in the *'s yet. :smallfrown:

El_Frenchie
2008-12-14, 12:47 AM
Ark, turn 2.0-2.5, The Roggae

A bright halo appears near a wandering group of Roggae. Something is falling from the sky! A black spot in the blue sky, growing bigger, bigger and bigger. It looks like a big rock, and it's coming really quickly. It lands a few feet away from the Roggae, but it doesn't destroy the Earth or lands in a fashion the Roggae have seen thrown or falling rocks. It slows down, then stops entirely, hovering over the ground, bits and pieces of rock floating around it, blue sparks periodically lashing out of it.

And as suddenly as it appeared, it spoke, keeping its distance to avoid scaring the group away.

"Hello. I am Ark. You?"

The thing didn't seem to have a mouth, or eyes. But the speech went through to the Roggae clearly enough. It hovered rather silently, a gentle hum in the air.

"I have things to teach you."

The eggatar suddenly starts moving sideways towards a nearby tree. It reaches upwards and snaps several branches off the tree, peeling them. It ties them together and "hangs it", or rather holds it above its head to show his point.

"I am a friendly spirit. I teach shelter, I help you."

With that the egg starts glowing brightly, as if pleased with itself.

Johel
2008-12-14, 06:03 AM
Roggae

Southern Herd

The Roggae had never seen such a thing before. Branch which tied themselves together ? What about walking trees and Rogga-eating bushes ? This place didn't seem a good one to settle. The Roggae were curious and courageous but not to the point of endangering their children.

In their primitive mind, they couldn't link "Ark" to the miracle until they saw the branch hovering above the giant egg. It didn't took long for one of them to "understand" :
"-Ark is Wood !! Wood speak !! Wood give food !! Wood give egg !!"
The Roggae weren't carnivore but when they outrooted a tree, it was customary to raid the fallen nests. And eggs were among the tastiest meals after fruits.

But what was "Ark" exactly ? A dead tree ? the last matriarch use to tell that the ancestors were watching over their descendents. If it was true for the Roggae, maybe it was true for the tree ? But why would a dead tree offer a giant egg to the creatures who outrooted so many of its brothers ?

So many questions but nobody to answer. After all, who cared ? The whole Watch and Rest Shift began to shoot.
"-Ark give food !! Ark give egg !!"
And they advanced to the giant egg to eat it. stomach first, religion second.

6 adult Roggae charge the egg, using stones to break it when they are in contact. Eggs are like candy for them...

El_Frenchie
2008-12-14, 06:11 AM

As the Roggae advance on Ark, the avatar defends itself and counter-attacks by smashing into the Roggae with the wooden "roof".

"This Egg gives you bad stomach!"

Johel
2008-12-14, 06:24 AM
Roggae

Southern herd

I guess you hit to stun, not to kill. If you hit to kill, I'll edit.

The Roggae hit the ground as wood felt upon them. The two biggest specimens stood up after a few second, still wondering what had happened. The egg was still there but "Ark" spoke again in their head. They looked at each other, then at the rest of the herd, who was still stunned.

"-Egg danger"
"-No. Ark danger. S-p-i-r-i-t. Kill spirit."

They seized rocks and began to throw them at the tied branches. The rest of the herd imitated them until the one Rogga who had speak first about Ark stopped them.
"-Stop !! Wood not move !! Egg move !!"
"-Ark be Egg ?"
"-Yes. Ark be Egg."
"-Egg throw wood !!! Kill Egg !! Kill Ark !! Throw stone !!"

And then, they tried again, this time throwing rocks, stones and pebbles at the giant egg, with all the frustration they got from their earlier failure.

El_Frenchie
2008-12-14, 06:34 AM

Ark simply lowers the wooden barrier. It waits for its avatar to break then recalls it in a flash of light to his domain in the mountain.

Johel
2008-12-14, 06:54 AM
The tasty egg was theirs !! Or wasn't it ? The flash blinded the Roggae for a moment and, when they looked at the egg (or at least at where it was supposed to be), they saw nothing. They looked at each other...
"-Sss-pi-R-it."
"-Spirit. Ark be spirit."
"-Spirit leave. We leave. Spirit want we leave."
The "discussion" about what a spirit was exactly, where it did come from and what he wanted, if it was friendly, hostile or just playful... all of this went on until nightfall, when the Supply Shift came back.

Eventually, it was agreed the followings :

Ark was a spirit from beyond the grave. But was it the spirit of a tree, of a Rogga, of a bird or anything else ? mystery...
He feigned to give them food to lure them into its trick.
Spirits could be scared but, as they were already dead, they could not be killed.
"Ark the Trickster Egg" was in a good mood. After all, if he could throw branches, what prevented him to do the same with stones or even with Roggae ?

So, the best thing was to get back to the savanna of the North, where they could tell the other herds about those spirits.

Gourtox
2008-12-14, 07:20 AM
Brian, Turn 2

"Why be sneaky? I could show you a demonstration tonight if you want. If you agree I will stage an attack using stealth. I will not kill anyone, but some may end unconscios. He remains where he is sitting.

Mephit
2008-12-14, 07:42 AM
Mar, Turn 2 - The Poi

It took Mar a few seconds to figure out what was going on, but once he did, he lowered his own spear - Eel's Ray, once his most powerful artifact had lost most of its magical qualities, but Mar was certain that he would've been able to at least take a couple of them down.

Now, however, he lowered it and forced a smile on his face.
I'm not like the sharkman. I come in peace.
He said, projecting a feeling of calm and safety in their thoughts to explain the word peace.
I'm Mar. I live in the sea, like you.
He pointed at the water they were in to clarify.
I know the sea. I want to help...you? What are you?

Mar's impression of the creatures was that while more aggressive than the Roggae, they also seemed a bit smarter.
Mar was thankful for that. He saw a lot of potential in these amphibious creatures.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-14, 10:33 AM
Turn 3

5 EP

Alvatsot - 7% increase

Rogga - 6% increase

Ernvuld - 6% increase

Masstakran - 6% increase

Tempesta - 7% increase

Zaali - 5% increase

Zakrull - 7% increase

Turalisj
2008-12-14, 11:58 AM
Tempestan Turn 3

The Tempestans moved away from the smaller creatures, attacking them when they got too close.

The next generation of Tempestans were smarter and stronger than those before. They asked questions, questions that the elders could not give. They wondered things which the elders did not.

As the Raijin grew, they split up and spread out. Some of them went north, more moved southwest, and some looked to the great mass of water, wondering what was on the other side.

+2 Strength
+1 knowledge(tactics)
+1 language
+1 Grasping Appendages

Earl of Purple
2008-12-14, 11:58 AM
Turn 3

The masstakran are quite evenly spread out throughout their territory, with each of the four surrounding nests being the same distance (roughly) from the central nest, allowing adult females to easily move to another nest when they reach adulthood, but the males were rather protective about territory, so females increasingly had to express complex thoughts, such as 'I mean no harm, I have just left home'. After South Nest began to flood after very heavy rain, they learnt more about aquifers, and also a nest move slightly east where the soil was less likely to flood, but was harder to dig into.

+1 to aquifer knowledge, +2 language, +1 digging, 1 EP banked until I know what to do with it.
Population: 113 (I think), divided into five nests, South Nest, East Nest, North Nest, West Nest and Central Nest (also known as First Nest) and with about twenty-two in each (the calculator on my laptop says 22.6, so I think one may have twenty three in side. If so, that is Central Nest).

Copacetic
2008-12-14, 12:16 PM
EDK? Did the Poi fail at reproducing this turn?

Poi
Turn 3

The Poi leader waited for a moment, then pointed his spear upwards as a sign of peace. The Poi clicked and flapped their gills, and the Poi reutrned to their tasks. The Leader clicked at a follower, and he ran across the sands, he webbed feet flapping. The Poi leader then turned to Mar. Ocean Good. Ocean safe. Mar Ocean. Mar good. The Leader pointed to himself. Clok. Clok like Mar. Mar help Clok? Mar Help with a sweeping gesture, he indicated the 100+ Poi Poi? At that Point, the Runner returned, bearing a slab of raw fish, with a strong scent of salt and a necklace of Shark teeth, similar to the one Clok was wearing, woven from palm fronds. Clok Give Mar Sharkman. Sharkman tasty. Clok presented the gifts to Mar, nervously hoping for something in return. Meanwhile, the Females and refined the spear making process, and one had even turned the spear head sideways. The sound of a tree crashing in the distance was heard, followed by more clicking....

+1 stonecrafting
+1 Weaving
+3 Toughness

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-14, 12:20 PM
Poi: 6% * *

Johel
2008-12-14, 12:37 PM
Roggae

The second gathering
(first one was offscreen...)

As they kept exploring further and further away from their homeland, the Roggae accumulated knowledge and had to invent more and more words. Different dialects began to appear between the herds because many could do the same discovery and name it differently.

These differences weren't impossible to overcome, though. While it had been an habit for two herds to exchange their young males when meeting each other, these meeting had always been nothing but luck. Now, as the herds traveled back and forth on the same migration paths, it began customary for them to meet every few years in the homeland and to share stories.

The second of such gathering was a special one. Stories about Ark and Määr fascinated the children and worried the adults. Questions about the spirits and their origin began to arise between the elders while the young adults were courting, each male doing his best to impress the females before choosing which herd he would join. When the time to depart went, a new generation was ready to make his way into the Island.

+1 Brain and +1 Language
Because of the social interaction, constant trials, story telling and other brain-stimulating activities. + I want to get as many adjectives as I want. :smalltongue:
+2 Fishing
Thank you Mar. Griia's herd is coming back soon.
+1 Tool Crafting
They got claws and teeth to cut, they got hands and skill to weave. I bet they can do something a bit more complex than baskets, mats, ropes and nets.

slurpz
2008-12-14, 12:52 PM
The masstraken should be 6% both turns...they don't have any points in fertility.

Also...who are the Raijin?

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-14, 12:53 PM
Fertility is not the only thing that controls population growth.

Turalisj
2008-12-14, 01:09 PM
The masstraken should be 6% both turns...they don't have any points in fertility.

Also...who are the Raijin?

ooc: Read the description for the Tempestan... Raijin are just another name for tribe

Johel
2008-12-14, 01:09 PM
The masstakran have no natural predators. It means they only lose members when they die of old age, illness or accident while hunting or tunneling. They mainly hunt small prey so there is only hunting left.
So, that's a lot of positive inputs and only few outputs.

And "Raijins" are the Zakrull's packs

EDIT : Ninja by Turalisj... :smallmad:

slurpz
2008-12-14, 01:11 PM
ooc: Read the description for the Tempestan... Raijin are just another name for tribe
Oh that's kind of confusing...is it a plural name for it, or what?

EDIT: I fail at reading.

slurpz
2008-12-14, 01:40 PM
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 3

The Zaali continued to spread, with two more packs splitting off from the main group and moving southward. The southern most pack began building walls against the river, finding that these stone barriers doubled as a "block" against unwanted water rising.

The strangest thing happened. Each of the Zaali began to feel the presence of the Zaali closest to him or her in his or her mind. As they sought to strengthen those connections, they began to realize that their mental processes overlapped and made making connections and learning new things an easier process.

The other Zaalian packs continued to enlarge and fortify their walls.

Population: 105 + 5% = 110.25, rounded down to 110.

Brains +3 (beginning of mental awareness of others and the start of a group conscience), Agility +2

Cruxador
2008-12-14, 01:56 PM
The day after the Sun had come to the Zakrull, it took it's normal place in the sky. This was interesting It seemed the Sun slept high in the sky, during the day, but came to hunt on the earth during the night. The Zakrull too slept high up, though they were bound to the mountain-sides.
But there were other things the Zakrull did high up, and that was going on now. In the upper branched of the Tree, Zakrull were laying eggs. There had been a battle, and the Zakrull needed to replenish their numbers. And what better place to replenish losses from the Battle where the Sun had come, than the Tree of the Sun. Eggs were laid in the branches, more eggs than ever before, and the Zakrull receded to sleep on the trunk.

+5 Fertility
(I may shrink this number later if I want to spend my points elsewhere later in the turn)

Reath
2008-12-14, 04:32 PM
The spindly legged Masstakran stalked the halls, collecting jewels and jewels and stones. The master would like these, he would, of yes, he would. Faster and faster he would become better and better, and his master liked gifts, that he did. So he would bring them to him! But quickly, the servants must find the Slave-ones, tell them the prophecy, inform them their fate... Yes, it would come to be that all would fall in place, with just a little nudge of power...

The spindly legged Masstakran hissed, and he entered a chamber filled with the slave-ones. Foul beins they were! Living in filth, unknowing of thje Light Above! He would have to show them the Light.

"Burrowing ones!" His voice cried out into the minds of the Masstakrans, hissing and sinister. "You create these tunnels and shape the world, we applaud you! But what is here? Rocks? Jewels? You experience, but you do not experience the full. Yes, I am the messenger of a great being, and great being that can show you true Sense!" He tapped several Masstakrans. "You are chosen, Slithering Ones. Spread the message. There is a great one in the Sky. Worship him, and he will great you Pleasures beyond your mortal knowledge."

Earl of Purple
2008-12-14, 04:59 PM

A masstakran in the Center Nest slithered forwards. He said but two words. "What Sk-y?" Then another one, towards the back of the chamber, said "What je-wells?" Why you want rocks? What war-shipp? Who Burrowing Ones? Hue is suddenly asaulted with questions, too fast to answer any of them. He is also given a rock. Well, lots of rocks. Just handed to him, not thrown or anything.

I guess, when trying to convert some blind creatures which live underground, mentioning jewels, which are stones and there's lots of stones underground, isn't perhaps the best idea as they don't see any value in them (or anything else-no eyes). In fact, bone rings is as far as ornamentation goes.

Reath
2008-12-14, 08:33 PM
The spindly legged Masstakran paused, gathering the rocks being given to me, pausing at the questions before yelling- "STOP! No, please- stop! If you do not do as I say, The Master will hunt me- and he will hurt you, too! Please, please listen: You must bring a single animal to this chamber once a fortnight, and kill it, spilling it's blood in the name of the Master; Great power will come to you, or else- NO! The master, he is already angered! Listen to me, please, appease him!" With that, the chamber shuddered, a 'crackthoom' of sound rushing through the chambers and echoing through the halls, devastatingly ringing in the Masstakrans ears. And then... there was nothing. The Spindly Legged Masstakran was gone, and he left behind only a circle of stones where he had been in the center of the chamber.

Earl of Purple
2008-12-15, 09:33 AM
Turn 3

The masstakran of Center Nest where shocked by the Spindle-Legged Masstakra's words. They didn't know who he was, but they did what he asked without question. The ones touched by the Spindle-Legged Masstakra acted the same as usual. There was an overall consensus that the Spindle-Legged Masstakra was slightly insane, possibly because of this 'master' whatever one of those was. Due to the masstakran's measurement of time-basing the years on how long a hatchling took to grow up and the months on how long an egg took from laying to hatching- the sacrifice took place every three of the solar weeks.

Quixotico
2008-12-15, 12:06 PM
Ernvuld (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Ernvuld)
Round 3

Traps continue to enthrall Ernvuldi society. The smarter, better trapsmiths are revered. The smarter individuals thrive under this structure. The quality of the tools also improve to keep up with the need of the construction. Traps are used to gather food in addition to their defensive role.

A strange mutation has become apparent among the Ernvuld. Individuals have begun exhibiting the properties of both male and female. These individuals can mate either way, and their genes are becoming wide-spread in this manner. Each one of these Ernga can give birth and fertilize other Ernvuldi.

+1 Brain
+1 Grasping Appendages
+1 Tool Crafting
+1 Trap Crafting
Hermaphroditism... 1 point?

Johel
2008-12-15, 03:06 PM
Rogga

Rââz Who-Saw-Määr was now an old male, his armor as thick as an oak's bark. He had nearly no scars but, unlike most males of his age, he didn't needed them to be respected. In the new herd he belonged to, his fishing skill, his wisdom and his teaching skills were more valued than courage. Especially since the Roggae had now so few predators. He had always been the first to be seek by females and at least four children looked like him in the herd. Young males and children alike were in awe each time he told them the stories of his youth. But despite all this, his one wish remained unfulfilled. But not for long.

He had finally convinced the matriarch to travel to the Sea. All along the way, the Rogga had spoken of his first (and only) encounter with the mysterious creature who had taught him how to fish but also not to fear the fire, as it could be a tool for the one who knew how to handle it.

And it was to learn more about the fire, this strange thing, neither liquid nor solid, that Rââz was leading the herd to the Sea. Among the young generation, many were impatient to meet the famous " Sea Spirit", as some had begun to call Mar. Though Rââz had refused to see in Mar anything more than a very smart and benevolent animal, he was now slowly convinced that Mar was something bigger...or rather someone.
"If he comes, I must ask him more about the spirits. I must know who he is exactly."

slurpz
2008-12-15, 03:42 PM
You'd still need points in fire manipulation to use fire.

Gourtox
2008-12-15, 03:45 PM
Brian, Turn 3

"Alright if stealth doesn't seem appealing to you how about a test of strength?"

Johel
2008-12-15, 05:44 PM
You'd still need points in fire manipulation to use fire.
I know. That's why Roggae don't use fire yet. Some of the eldest know about potential uses like cooking, thanks to Mephit. But most don't.

slurpz
2008-12-15, 07:11 PM
Brian, Turn 3

"Alright if stealth doesn't seem appealing to you how about a test of strength?"
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 3

The Zaali in that north central pack are slightly baffled. They had never before met a creature who spoke and didn't understand a simple dismissal.

Zavvi advanced once again, with the four males in the pack.

hzbuqi buqivf *hand wave* vffckbqiisrufcsw

The four Zaali behind Zavvi thump their right leg powerfully against the ground three times. Zavvi then lifted up his head and uttered a sound that pierced the air. All of the wildlife quieted down, and even after the call ended, you can still hear a slight echo trembling in the air.

After a couple moments, a slight rumble could be heard. The rumble got louder and louder until you realize that the rumble was caused by the feet of advancing Zaali. All of the Zaalian males had dropped what they were doing and advanced to the call of Zavvi. Coming closer, they encircled the strange creature. All of the Zaali males present were brandishing their axes, ready to leap in at moment's notice. You realize that a Zaal warrior standing upright with his wings spread looks a lot more intimidating than a Zaal simply running across flat ground on all fours, wings pressed back.

The Ernvuld and Masstakran hear the Zaalian trumpet in the distance.

Gourtox
2008-12-15, 08:00 PM
Brian, Turn 3
Bold means talking really loud. Bold with an ! means yelling really loud. Also I'm not sure how you return to the mountain, but I think it is in a flash of light. If it isn't tell me.
"I see your force is great." He looks up at the sun to check the time. "I willl lose if I fight you of that I'm sure. I must return to my home and then I have to hunt. So let me leve you with this. You Zaali are a strong race and I respect you for that. I will lose if I fight you that you made sure. I also shall commend you for that, but Imust leave now and go hunt." He then returns to the mountain in a short flashh of light.

Earl of Purple
2008-12-16, 09:33 AM
Turn 3

The masstakran of North Nest hear a strange noise. It sparks much discussion between the individual masstakra of the nest, each speculating as to what it may be. Some say it is a noise created by a section of the Tasty-Thing's Nest's roof falling in. Others think it is a great Danger-Thing roaring, and yet others believe that the noise was created by a flood.

The masstakran of Central Nest also hear the noise, and they know it is the Strange-Masstakra's master coming for them, so they sacrifice more often, now sacrificing once a Masstakrian Week (an average of about 1.5 sacrifices every solar week). The masstakran of East, West and South Nest did not pay much attention to the noise, each thinking it was a disused tunnel somewhere collapsing.

The noise is the Zaali threatening Brian, but the masstakran don't know that. It has, however, sparked legends of a very large Danger-Thing in North Nest, and increased the sacrifices in Central Nest.

Johel
2008-12-16, 04:57 PM
New turn already ? I didn't see any message from Emperor but...
Also, does anybody know if Mephit is still playing ? I need Mar's teaching :smalltongue:
Here is how the Roggae have improved.

Rogga

Running Herd

"-Hold Rope."
The order was not really necessary but the matriarch loved to boss the Roggae around. It was one of her privileges but also a responsibility : in the mind of the herd, any failure was hers first. And the crafting of new ropes was essential to the herd's success.

Though the smaller herds had migrated to find new lands, the Running herd and some others remained in the savanna of their homeland. After all, there was plenty of fruits and as soon as the fish began to go down from the lake, it was not necessary to travel anymore, the herds living on their fruit reserve while fishing all day long.

The fishing had indeed improved : two nets, each closing one side of a river to form a lock. Inside the lock were tall baskets filled with stones but also rotten fruits, rest of fish or even a carcass. In the nets, holes had been left to tie special willow "tunnels" with wide and smooth entrance but narrow exit barded with pointy dead reeds. As a fish would seek the bait, it would search the entrance of the lock, find it and, as its body would bend the tunnel's exit, force its way into the lock...where it was impossible to get out, as the fish could not even enter one of the tunnel. Should it tried that it would hurt itself. At the end of their Supply Shift, the Roggae had only to collect the trapped fish with only a minimum of effort.

However, while it was easier to find food, the logistic behind the system was taking more time than before. Ropes, for example, needed to be weaved in large quantities. A task any Rogga was bound to do. Sharp stones were also necessary to cut the plants, as the Roggae's claws weren't precise enough for this work anymore. Because the Roggae didn't know how to make stones sharper, they had to search broken ones along the cliffs or on the river's banks. Large canvas were also set to dry the willow and reed under the sun and to protect them from the rains.

slurpz
2008-12-16, 05:00 PM
Emperor really should start the new turn.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-17, 11:44 AM
Turn 4

The moon is getting greener.

5 EP

Alvatsot - 7% increase

Rogga - 6% increase

Ernvuld - 6% increase

Masstakran - 6% increase

Tempesta - 7% increase

Zaali - 5% increase

Zakrull - 7% increase

Poi: 6% increase
The Aephids also entered the world.

slurpz
2008-12-17, 12:30 PM
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 4

The Zaali continue working on their walls. A couple of the smarter Zaali realized that they could apply the same principle to their trees. This quickly spread through the consciences of the Zaali one by one as they focused their ability on thinking to each other. Thought travels much more quickly than sound does, and doesn't reveal anything to outsiders. As a result, each tree was completely surrounded by a thick stone wall, 1m thick, .5m tall, with one opening. This allowed them to glide out of the top of the tree if need by, without exposing the base of the tree to more than one route of attack. The Zaali in the tree slept more soundly at night.

As the Zaali continued to hone their minds, some of them realized that they could lift things with just their minds. Those who were able to manifest this trait were at first ostracized from society, as the Zaali valued direct brute strength, but that concept dropped when one of the hunters who had developed telekinesis went hunting and came back with one of the largest recorded kills, using nothing but the power of his brain. He had apparently lifted a rock and sent it flying at the beast's head.

Other people were also able to manifest psionic traits such as being able to read minds. While the Zaali were not a race prone to lying and deceit, the fact that they were no longer able to keep secrets from the telepaths greatly disconcerted them. To complicate this problem, the telepaths themselves leaked what they saw into the consciences of the rest of the Zaali, as they themselves could not stop the development of the Zaalian group awareness.

One additional pack split from the conglomerate behind the three walls to venture near the delta. They were pleasantly surprised when they observed the plentiful plant life and fertile soil.

Yet another pack moved out east and stopped when they reached the river. They saw that there was a forest on the opposite side, and they saw things moving around in the distance. To their surprise, unlike other creatures they have hunted and killed in the past, these creatures seemed to move around with a set purpose.

The southwestern most pack decided to travel more southwest. They reach the river junction and easily glide over it. They hear a crashing sound in the distance and move closer to investigate.

Population: 110 + 5% = 115

Brains +2, Hive Mind +1, Innate Telepathy +1, Innate Telekinesis +1

The Glyphstone
2008-12-17, 02:22 PM
High above the surface, isolated from the squabblings and machinations of the land-dweller things, the Alvatsoti continue to drift peacefully through the air. For a long while, they have remained the same, but now they begin to change. The eyespots lining their top sides, sensitive to both light and movement, now begin to appear along their edges and underside as well, allowing them a complete view of their surroundings in three dimensions. As their brain tissues become more complex to handle this new input without losing their ability to process distance, they now grow curious about the land beneath them now that they can see it. Some of the more 'adventurous' Alvatsoti descend to lower altitudes, where they can view the ground from a safe distance and observe what goes on there. The more conservative Alvastoti remain high above, now far safer from the winged-things-that-poke than they were before.

Bank EP from turns 2 and 3, for 13 in bank.
turn 4, spend my bank points +2 for All-Round Vision, spend remaining 3 points in Brain (now Brain 6). With Vision 7, optimized for distance and movement, plus the all-round vision, I should be able to spy on the surface without danger - you might be able to see me, but without similar vision levels, I'd just be indistinct dots or blobs.

Johel
2008-12-17, 03:25 PM
Rogga

When the practice of drying reed and willow on canvas was well-spread, many Roggae saw the potential use of it on themselves. After all, if a canvas could protect raw materials from the rain and wind, it could do the same for a Rogga. At first, it was only used to protect the entrance of the lairs, which could become very muddy otherwise. Then it was converted into true tents for the adults to be shielded from the weather. And finally, tents were worn. Simple cloacks at first, the canvas quickly become true cloths. As they didn't had to waste time digging and could even travel during rains, the Roggae went back to their nomadic roots. The era of great migrations was back. The herds moved further away from the homeland.

One of the two northern herds followed the coastline to the East, hoping for the legendary "Määr" to come back. Despite Rââz Who-Saw-Määr's death, the story of the Sea spirit was still popular but, unless said spirit would show himself soon, it would eventually become nothing but a tale for children.

The other decided to follow the Sea's Sister, the large river which crossed the lands. Though to deep to be a fishing ground, the Sea's Sister was still full of fish and it was possible to lure some near the banks.

In the south, the two small herds had fused into a big one, the Egg Herd, named as such to please "Ark the Trickster" and protect the Roggae from his magic. Yes, magic, as the southern herds believed deeply in the spirits and in the way they affected the material world. Some were even speaking of a "spiritual" world where the dead were traveling endlessly, having transcended their body's limits and now looking over the living Roggae.

The Running Herd was now a large family of 30 Roggae. It still remained in the homeland, traveling from one river to another. Though it did not make a lot of discoveries, it served for each herd as a beacon for the Gathering. For this reason, the Running Herd was a mix of all customs, believes and knowledges.

The two last herds went straight to the north, reasoning that, if Määr was not found East, he should then lay west of the bay where he had appeared.

Population : 119, split among 6 herds

Sea Herd (North-East, along the coast, 16)
Sea's Sister Herd (North-East, along the main river, 16)
Running Herd (Center, 30)
Egg Herd (South, 25)
the two Northern Herds (North, 16 x 2)
Brain +1 and Language +1, as social awareness increases with the global welfare, thanks to the improved fishing skills.
Tool crafting +1 : the need for logistic forces the Roggae to innovate to produce more items of ever improving quality.
Cloth making +1 : they are experts at weaving plants, are making nets and canvas. I guess it's the next step. Stack with Plants weaving, as most cloths are made out of plant fibbers.
Plant knowledge +1 : the Roggae's whole “technology” is based on plants. They should at least know a few things about it. Next step is Curative knowledge...

Earl of Purple
2008-12-17, 03:26 PM
Turn 4

The masstakran of Center Nest continue to sacrifice at the increased rate, and individual masstakra begin to move to other nests and spread their belief, and it is discovered that bone daggers kill better than bare hands and jaws. The legend of the Great Danger-Beast also spreads throughout the nests, causing the race to associate the two so the Great Danger-Beast became the herald of the Strange-Masstakra's master, and some begin to believe that the vertebrae of a predator will ward off the Great Danger-Beast. This leads to an increase in creative thought and bonecraft, as they scratch crude designs into the rings. They also increase in digging proficiency in order to catch food easier.

+2 brains, +1 digging, +1 bonecraft (jewellery), +1 bonecraft (weapons). Adds up to six, banked 1 EP last turn now used. Population: 131 (I think), new Nest founded to the North. Central Nest now 1st Nest, old North Nest now Middle Nest and new Nest is North Nest

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-17, 03:27 PM
Aephids
Turn 4

The Aephidian Hive begins to Click and Whirr with new life. Most of the workers begin to dig out more tunnels, and they carry the queens Eggs into the birthing chambers. Those who are not carrying the Eggs venture out, searching for meat and fruits, to take and feed to the Queen. Those too young to work are laying outside of the Spawnholes, absorbing precious light and becoming greener and more energized. Those who are working find their Chitin armor to be somewhat tougher, and those who use their native tongue find their brains to enlarge a small bit. These traits are favorable and pass on to newer generations.

((I guess the Aephid Hunt team might find the Alvasoti))

slurpz
2008-12-17, 03:45 PM
Okay, movement is getting complicated. Please PM me or draw how you'd like to move your population. Johel sent me a PM that looked like this:

Hi,

Can you move the Roggae on the map as follow ?

The North-Eastern herd, 16 Roggae, the one which met Mar, (let's call it "Sea Herd") is following the coastline to the North-East and remains close to it.
The Eastern herd, 16 Roggae, is moving North, following the main river's stream. It might meet the Sea Herd.
Two herds, each of around 16 Roggae, are moving in the peninsula, in the North-West.
The two small southern herds have fused in a single herd of 25 Roggae and are travelling South.

It would help a lot.

Copacetic
2008-12-17, 04:38 PM
Poi
Turn 4

The Poi have turned their new-found knowledge of lures and weaving into simple fishing poles: By tying a piece of unwanted fish meat to a simple pole, one poi would hold it out over the water, while one was waiting nearby with a fishing spear. Fish would come, get scewered, and become dinner. As the poi spend more and more time above water, they find themselves returning less and less. As such, many had begun weaving sticks, leaves and grass together to form crude wigwams.

+1 brains, +2 Grasping apendage, +2 Lungs.

And the Map is excelent, thank you slurpz.

Gourtox
2008-12-17, 05:25 PM
Brian, Turn 4

Brian's avatar appears near the Zaali tree and starts walking towards it, but once again stops once he gets near it. He stands waiting for the Zaali to come out.

slurpz
2008-12-17, 05:26 PM
Brian, Turn 4

Brian's avatar appears near the Zaalitree and start walking towards it ,but once again stops once he gets near it. He stands waiting for the Zaali to come out.
Which pack is he nearest? (Refer to the map)

Gourtox
2008-12-17, 05:30 PM
The one he visited before I beleive that is the main one south of the river.

slurpz
2008-12-17, 05:56 PM
MAP:

The Zaali see the strange creature appear near them again, but on the whole, have no reaction to it. They continue building the wall around the tree, only looking up once in a while to make sure that the creature doesn't make any hostile actions or step closer to the tree.

Gourtox
2008-12-17, 06:03 PM
Brian, Trun 4

"Where is Zaavi? Tt is time for the hunt.

Cruxador
2008-12-17, 06:10 PM
The Zakrull waited. The dog-beasts had been attacked before. The last time it had gone poorly. This time it would not. Zakrull were on the walls of the valley, and on the trunk of the Tree. Overhead, eggs hung, like fruits, ripe. They would hatch soon. The small Zakrulli forms could be seen through the transparent eggs. Down on the ground, the dogs chased away smaller creatures. Creatures that could be food. This had gone on long enough. One of the Zakrull, hanging on the trunk, had had enough. He let out an attack odor, and leapt down upon the dogs. The rest of the Zakrull on the Tree followed. On the cliff-face, the other Zakrull saw the sudden charge. Some were confused by this, but not all were. An attack scent permeated the air, and these Zakrull too, fell upon the dogs.
It was a massacre. Dogs were impaled on Zakrulli spines before they could move. Angry jaws met thin air. Corpses lay about the field, the few remaining dogs fled.

Dog casualties: 59.67715
Zakrull Casualties: 0.3782244

+1 agility
+2 Toughness
+1 Strength
+1 Spines

slurpz
2008-12-17, 06:46 PM
Brian, Trun 4

"Where is Zaavi? Tt is time for the hunt.
MAP:

The closest Zaal looked up at the strange creature.

fcswqi swxrisfc *wing wave*

A more grizzled Zaal crept down from the top of the tree. You recognize him to be the leader of the pack.

yekblnhzis *hand wave* vffckbhzisruqi uokbqihzfcxrkbqi *hand wave* fcswqi swxrisfc lnvf hzrtmnhzbuvf

He takes a look back at the Zaali behind him, who have all paused in their endeavors. At his glance, the rest of the pack continues to work.

Even as he talks, in the distance you see two Zaalian males coming to the tree, their backs burdened with game.

fcswqikbqi lnvf isnd fclnwuqi jyndkb swxrisfclnisru *squiggly hand motion* swxrisfclnisru lnvf hzrtmnhzbuvf

Gourtox
2008-12-17, 06:53 PM
Brian, Turn 4

"Ah, but this is a special hunt on a special creature. Follow me." He walks towards their southern wall, but stops when he reaches it waiting for the Zaali to follow.

slurpz
2008-12-17, 06:57 PM
MAP:

Zavvi gestures behind him.

mnqi iehzhzrtln hzkbqi yexrvfbu

With that, he signals dismissal, and turns around to go back up the tree.

Gourtox
2008-12-17, 07:12 PM
Brian, Turn 4

"Okay then, but be warned this hunt will be done by myself and it will be against a massive beast." He crouches down and then jumps over the wall clearing it by a meter. He walks out onto the plains until he spots his kill. He places himself so that when this animal charges it will hit the Zaali's wall. He fires his arrow at the beast to get it's attention. The beast then charged at him and Brian braced himself to dodge. He threw himself away at the last moment timing it so that he was just barely hit by the beasts foot. The beast then hit the wall.

Turalisj
2008-12-17, 11:18 PM
Tempesta

The Tempestan continued spreading southward and northward. The ones to the north found a massive river, an endless expanse of water. The ones to the south found a wide river with a bounty of fish.

The Raijin formed into 2 larger Raijin for both protection and ease of hunting. To the north went sixty Tempestan, to the south went sixty as well. The northern group called themselves simply Lumo, while the southern ones called themselves the Umbro.

Saving up EP this turn

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-18, 08:11 PM
The Older Aephidians(Known as the Kootik) begin to make themselves more useful than simply relaying messages and soaking in the sun. They think of ways to better themselves, with little success. Some think of Singular Cells, and others think of Resource Control but all of these thoughts are considered "against the Queen."

slurpz
2008-12-18, 10:00 PM
MAP:

The Zaali were disconcerted to hear a sounds of a giant *WHOMPH* accompanied by the shaking of their entire wall, but outside of some fallen bricks, the wall stayed mostly intact, except for the section of the wall that the beast hit. There, the wall had taken on a depressed shape, the structural integrity of the wall compromised. The Zaali would need to repair that section of the wall. The beast however, was stunned by its impact against hard immovable rock and lay on its side on the ground.

The males of the 3 packs of Zaali streamed out from the walls, whooping. Taking advantage of the stunned beast, one entire pack leaped onto the beast's flank and slashed at it viciously. Two Zaali went around to the beast's hindlegs and hamstringed it. The beast moaned from the pain and thrashed its head violently. One Zaal was caught too close to the horns and crumpled to the ground, winded and bleeding. Two Zaali pulled the wounded Zaal back and started tending to his wounds.

Another pack of Zaali went around the beast's midsection and began making bloody gashes across the beast's abdomen. Another two Zaali hamstringed the front legs. Three more Zaali braved the horns of the beast and went straight for the jugular. Another Zaal got too close to the horns and was flung violently in the air. Luckily, he managed to stabilize himself slightly with his wings, and hit the ground hard, but not at lethal force.

Surprisingly still able to move its legs in its death throes, the beast managed to kick yet another Zaal. Two more Zaali dragged him out of the way before more damage could be afflicted. Then the beast moved no more. The three wounded Zaali were carried in, through the holes in the wall, by no less than ten other Zaali, already talking of the mighty beast kill.

Half of the remaining Zaali began cutting strips of flesh from the beast, while the rest began repairs to the wall.

Johel
2008-12-19, 03:58 PM
Rogga

North-West

The Sea herd and the River herd continued to walk north, visiting often each other as they traveled. The stories, customs and believes of these two herds became nearly identical and only the paint on their cloth could now differentiate their members. This and their physical appearance.

The Roggae of the River herd, well fed thanks to the rich banks where they fished, were large and fat, with a joyful temper and a carefree personality. Their life consisted in long walks to find useful plants and tasty fruits. When the time to get back to their camp came, the Roggae on Supply Shift went to the nets and harvested their catch. This was a relatively peaceful lifestyle, without real worry about tomorrow.

The Roggae of the Sea herd, on the other hand, had far more difficulties to find enough fruits and fish to sustain themselves. The sea was supposed to be beautiful but few fish came that close of the coast, where the risk of beaching was high. As for the fruits, most of the coastal region was devoid of forests. The only reason why the Sea herd sticked to the coastline was the faith of its members. They all wanted to find “Määr the Sea Spirit”. The situation wasn't dire, as it was still possible to eat more common plants. But those weren't as nutritive as the fruits and the fish.

Many Roggae began to scavenge on a regular basis. But this went further when a Rogga killed and ate a small rodent. So far, never had a Rogga kill to eat. Of course, decades ago, they had begun to throw stones at other animals to train their aim, scaring away both predators and competitors. But they rarely killed their “preys”. But now, understanding the potential, they would hunt. At first, they were successful, as most prey weren't worried about the clumsy mammals. But after a while, animals staid at a safe distance from them. A distance longer than the Roggae's throwing range.

This problem was answered by the creation of a simple but very efficient weapon. Merely a way to increase the length of a hunter's arm, it allowed him to throw stones with more strength and speed, though accuracy decreased at first. The design was simple : three braided hemp ropes tied to a pouch of flax where the stone was loaded. By swinging the ropes together, the hunter could increase the momentum until it reached enough speed to hit the target with strength.

This weapon was the sling and even if a lot of practice was needed to become proficient with it, the increased range and firepower it gave was worth it. The discovery was shared with the River herd which, unlike the faith-driven Sea herd, would to join the next Gathering.

The Roggae invent the sling.
They are not good at using it yet but they have it and use it to kill small preys like rabbits, rats, ect...
For now, it's only two herds.
Next turn, the knowledge will spread to the whole species.

slurpz
2008-12-19, 04:35 PM
Uh...you know you need a range of 10 (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Range) right? So no, you can't make the sling yet.

Quixotico
2008-12-19, 05:42 PM
Round 4

The smarter, craftier Ernvuld continue to thrive. The tools get better, the skills follow, and soon crude structures begin to dot the landscape of the Ernvuldi territory. Minimal shelter and protection as they give, it is an important step in their society.

Furthermore, through the combination of their magnetic sense and their electroshock ability, the Ernvuld have discovered the ability to make parts of their skin into weak electromagnets. The impact on their culture is weak now, only allowing them to manipulate small bits of ferrous metal, but big things could be in store.

The green moon interests the Ernvuld. They are not superstitious as a species, however, and ponder the change. Their language denies them much speculation amid themselves, as limited as it is. Nevertheless, a small number of Ernvuld take it upon themselves to celebrate the green moon with night rituals of rhythmic humming and cooing. The night song under the green moon gains a special significance in their culture.

+1 Brain
+1 Grasping Appendages
+1 Tool Crafting
+1 Structure Crafting
+1 Electromagnetism

Johel
2008-12-19, 06:57 PM
Uh...you know you need a range of 10 right? So no, you can't make the sling yet.
"Range" in itself should not be something we gonna put EP in. It does not sound like either a biological, spiritual or even cultural thing.

I would have discussed a point like "you don't have the strength to" or "you don't have the dexterity/grasping appendage to" or even "you need more Throw Objects rank".

I asked the DM in a PM at the very beginning of the game about what would be right to get a sling and I have the required abilities and skills.

"Range" is a parameter to resolve battle, not a EP ability to sunk EP in. I don't think the "Range" EP I would put for my sling should be stacked with the range of a missile or something. You get my point ?

Now, I agree that

strength,
training,
intelligence,
dexterity
technology

are required to create and use a weapon like a sling.

The Roggae are expert plant weavers and are very dexterous. They've been making ropes for now 2 turns without any complain.
The Roggae are not THE brain but if they are smart enough to throw a rock, to make ropes into a net or to craft cloth, I guess they can understand that longer arms = longer range, especially when throwing.
The Roggae are not very strong but they are still strong enough to throw stones or so I thought. Nobody complained when I said they were throwing them without having any "Range" EP.
The Roggae only lack training, in fact. But they still know how to throw stone and make basic tools related to their lifestyle. Training is going to come soon, don't worry. :smallamused:

Gourtox
2008-12-19, 09:34 PM
Brian, Turn 4

He walks by the carcass towards the leader of the Zaali and takes his arrow out of the flesh of the beast as he walks past. "I'm sorry for any damage the beast may have caused, but I see that you are very skilled at hunting. Although I could have killed the beast myself, but it would have taken a bit longer. Anyways what are you going to do with the remains of the beast?" he says to the leader.

I'm not sure how to respond exactly, but I did what I thought would be a good reply.

slurpz
2008-12-20, 01:10 AM
MAP:

The Zaalian hunters start to skin the beast as the Zaalian females take over the task of cutting the meat from the bones.

The grizzled Zaal stares back at the strange creature.

mnqi qihzfc lnfc fcswqiis rtqihzexqi yendisqivf

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-20, 03:47 AM
Turn 5

The moon gets greener.

A plague effects your races stopping their populations from increasing.

Turalisj
2008-12-20, 04:28 AM
Tempesta

The Tempestans didn't understand. For some reason, few offspring were born. Those that were, were weak and did not survive a week. The eldest of the Tempestans did all they could, they sacrificed meat to the clouds in hopes of an answer.

Meanwhile, a group of Tempestan learned how to speak in a more coherent style. Other learned how to fashion stronger and better tools for cleaning off meat.

The Raijin began to build circles made of many stones, where meat would be kept. They built them about half the height of a full grown Tempestan, and wide enough so twenty of the tribespeople could grasp hand to hand and praise the storms for their gift. Here would offerings to the storms be brought, so that good hunting be had.

+3 Language
+3 Iron Spikes
+2 Toughness
+2 Stoneworking

Starting 3 stone circles, each about .5m tall, 20m wide.

Copacetic
2008-12-20, 10:42 AM
POI
Turn V

The Poi were saddened by the lack of babies. But the lack of spawn to feed meant more time was spent building and leass was spent fishing. The Poi's little huts grew Larger and Stronger, resisting Rain and and Wind. But something amazing had happened. A member of the Poi had collected Five large logs, and Tied them together. Imagine there surprise when it floated! Now, they could float over deep water(Where all the large fish were), spearing fish without having to chase them down! Before, if one wanted to catch a fish bigger than 2 inches, one had to brave the sharkmen and other nasties, than chase it through the water for a few hours to catch it. Now all they would to do has spear it and throw it in the basket. Clok the Cheif was pleased, and promoted the Poi who had made this wonderful thing. Klukkoclo to his second in command.

+2 Brain
+1 Weaving
+2 Language

Gourtox
2008-12-20, 11:24 AM
Brian, Turn 5

This isn't working well. It seems that getting the Zaali to worship me will be dificult. I must gain more powers be fore trying again to get them to atleast honor me. Once again he returns to the mountan.

The Glyphstone
2008-12-20, 11:29 AM
Alvatsoti, Turn 5

It was noted that there were no new seedlings drifting up to join the colonies, and the Alvatsoti wondered why. Had some new creature from the ground found their seed pods destroyed them? Were they alive, but trapped on the ground without enough lift to rise into the sky to join their fellows. There was much discussion amongst the Alvatstoti towards this end, with an accompanying rise in their linguistic complexity to discuss the matter in question.

+3 Language
+2 Brain

Cruxador
2008-12-20, 12:14 PM
The feelings amongst the Zakrull were mixed. The eggs had hatched. There were young Zakrull scurrying about the tops of the Tree. But the Zakrull were having another problem. Many of them were becoming weak and slow. There were many Zakrull falling off the cliff sides during the day. The valley was awash with the smell of worry. The Zakrull tried to understand what was happening, and tried to convey their rudimentary guesses at it to each other. Perhaps the Sun did not approve of something that had happened. Perhaps the Moon did not approve of the Zakrull paying attention to the Sun. Perhaps it was the stars. Perhaps something else entirely was going on. The Zakrull were trying what they could to fix it. Some of the Zakrull climbed to the top of the Tree, or the tops of nearby mountains, and let loose great aromas begging the help of the Sun or Moon or Stars.

+1 Brains
+1 Language
+3 Dance of the Stars

Hue now gets about 60% of the worship.

slurpz
2008-12-20, 03:33 PM
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 5

The Zaali pack neared the crashing noise, and to their great surprise and delight, they saw a wall of water flying from the sky. The pack immediately fell to their knees and prostrated themselves. A few moments later, they noticed that the crashing water never moved, so they sheepishly picked themselves up and started examining what they called "Uokbhzvfswlnisru Rtlnhzkb" more closely (the name loosely translates to "Crashing Liar").

At the base of the wall of water, they found splintered wood, that had managed to stick itself in the ground. The wood had been driving into rock by the force of the water, and was strong enough to hold the weight of 2 Zaali!

((editing later))

Population: 115

Brains +1, Toughness +1, Woodworking +2, Hive Mind +1

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-20, 07:17 PM
((What About Our EvoPoints? 5?))

slurpz
2008-12-20, 07:23 PM
((What About Our EvoPoints? 5?))
Everyone else assumed it was 5, so I just assumed so.

Gourtox
2008-12-20, 09:03 PM
Brian, Turn 5

He materalized on the island with the most Poi on it. He walked over to a group of Poi and said "Hello my name is Brian."

Copacetic
2008-12-20, 09:06 PM
The Poi were shocked, and made a clicked frantically. Soon, a group of warriors arrived, most important were The Chieftain, Clok, And His Second in command, Klukkoclo, denoted by his armband of Shark-teeth. Clok, walked forward. Who you? You Like Maur? Appear? Who You?

Gourtox
2008-12-20, 09:17 PM
Brian,Turn 5

"I'm Brian and yes I'm like Maur. I'm what you would call a god. And we gods can appear like that."

Copacetic
2008-12-20, 09:46 PM
Poi
Turn 5

Clok signals a runner, and he dashes off to find the gifts for Maur. He returns, bearing a shark-fish necklace like Cloks and huge chunk of raw-fish meat, which smells exotic. You Like Maur. Maur said he help Po. Me Clok. Clok Help Brian. Brian Help Clok? Brian Help Poi? Clok presents the gifts to Brian.

Gourtox
2008-12-20, 10:18 PM
Brian, Turn 5

He takes the necklace and puts it on. He also takes the meat and asks "Do you cook your meat?"

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-20, 10:36 PM
Aephidian Species
Turn Fifen
+2 Knowledge: Flora
+1 Graspers
+2 Construction

The Aephidian Hive begins to stand still. Without a birth of new Koo's(young) a section of the hive lays Idly in the sun, basking for food. They think and think and soon enough in boredom, a Word not-known in the Aephidian Tongue, they walk into brushes and forests and look at the plants, eat them and see effects if any. They look at their heat, see if some are warmer, or colder.

Some begin to bring fallen trees and those which were cut down into the tunnels, and they secure the walls. They use their tools more often now and their hands become more dexterous. They learn how do build, more so reinforce, and they make the Hive a safer place because of it.

Johel
2008-12-21, 09:37 AM
Turn 5
Rogga

Time was harsh for the Roggae, as many of the southern Roggae, mainly children, had died from a mysterious disease. The Gathering had helped the plague to spread to every herds. This had forced the Roggae to seek a cure and even if their efforts were fruitless, they increased their medicinal knowledge so that more mundane diseases and infections were now better treated.

Cloth and tools became more precise and, as the sling allowed the Roggae to eat meat on a regular basis, they now used also bones for their tools. They also began to understand how to break stones to make them sharper and they did the same for the bones. However, as their focus was still primary on plants and wood, their overall skill was not impressive.

The Great River Herd walked by the banks of the Sea's Sister, Tüür, a young female, saw something on the other side. The Great River was too large and its stream too fast to even hope to cross it and for this reason, most Roggae didn't bothered to look at the other side. However, they knew that other animals were living there. But what Tüür saw was not an animal.

"-Fraug !! Look !! Dirt walk !!"
And indeed, far away, on the other bank, small things were moving. Strange creatures without fur or precise form, they were just there, moving slowly among the bushes. The Roggae had already seen a lot of creatures but none of them was made of...dirt !! Fraug was a rational thing female. She was to become the matriarch and had to think that way. But like many Roggae, she believed in spirits.

"-Dirt which walk. Not possible. It be doing of Spirits."
"-Määr ? Ark ?"
"-Maybe Ark. Not Määr. Määr be Sea Spirit. Dirt be not Sea."
"-They be other spirits ?"
"-Maybe. Maybe not."
"-Maybe Great River be limit."
"-Limit ?"

The word "limit" was mainly use for throwing, to designate the distance at which a Rogga could still throw a stone but beyond which he could not. It was also use to designate how far the children were allowed to go from the lair or how far the Supply Shift was supposed to go from the lair. To use it without telling what limit was confusing. Tüür explained.

"-Spirits be dead Roggae. Living Roggae be this side."
She showed their side of the Great River.
"-Dead Roggae be other side. Side of spirits ?"
The old female looked at the young one. She was smarter than most for her age and thought deeper than any. But she was a dreamer and that was a bad thing. However, her idea of a spirit world and living world separated by a river... Hadn't Määr come out of the Sea, which was just a very big river ? Was he living on the other side ? Stories about Ark were too twisted to be accurate but Fraug could at least recount three of them where the Trickster Egg had been acting on rivers, helping the fish and cursing the fishers. So yes, there was a link between the rivers and the spirit.
"-You be right. Dirt which walk be spirits. Earth spirits."

+1 Brain and +1 Language The usual increase of social interaction
+1 Cloth making More and more complex parts.
+1 Curative knowledge Medical application for plants.
+1 Tool crafting Use stones and bones, can shape them roughly but not like if they had a specific category for it.

Earl of Purple
2008-12-21, 01:20 PM
Turn 5

The masstakran were worried by the lack of eggs and hatchlings, with most of those born too weak to survive, causing their mothers to eat them. The masstakran of First Nest begin to sacrifice once a day, as do the others worshipping Strange-Masstakra's Master, and more masstarkra are worshipping him more than ever. Some masstakra are noticing that they can, if they think they are about to get hurt, toughen their skin, but only for a brief time. They also become better at digging, and are capable to move their bodies when attacking faster.

+2 digging, +2 agility, +1 Earth Magic (Stoneskin). About half of the masstakra sacrifice to Hue, as they think the lack of hatchlings is his punishment.

Copacetic
2008-12-21, 01:39 PM
Brian, Turn 5

He takes the necklace and puts it on. He also takes the meat and asks "Do you cook your meat?"

Clok seems pleased by Brian Acceptence, but also puzzled. Cook? What You Mean, Cook?

Quixotico
2008-12-21, 02:01 PM
Round 5

The plague rips through the Ernvuld, killing off the weak and old. The steady growth the species had enjoyed until now was halted in s standstill of death and new life. Yet, in spite of such circumstances, or perhaps directly because, the inventiveness of the creatures marches forth.

The green moon becomes quite significant during this time. Rather than blame the moon for the plague, the Ernvuld sympathize with it. It, too, looks sick. The Night Song Under the Green Moon is a center of attention. The rhythmic humming and cooing can be heard rising and falling each night.

And to this end, Ernga discover many a great thing; Most importantly, fire! Small fires of dried wood and quick tinder keep them warm and safe at night. And, watching the stars each night, a few put two and two together... literally. The first steps into math take place in the form of a base-six numeric system. With math and the song, the language flourishes, too.

Assuming the 5 EP that everyone else has gone with...

+1 Brain
+1 Language
+1 Fire Manipulation
+1 Structure Crafting
+1 Knowledge:Math

Gourtox
2008-12-21, 06:53 PM
Brian, Turn 5

"Cook is something you do to food. Anyways I'm assuming you have something I could do I propose a deal."

Copacetic
2008-12-21, 09:57 PM
Poi
Turn 5

The Poi clicked and shock their gills. This Brian was offering to help them. Show us this "Cook". Show us Cook, Brian.

Gourtox
2008-12-21, 10:09 PM
Brian, Turn 5

"All right then. He then makes a fire and shows them how to cook meat. "Now will you make sacrifices to me at this spot once a month?"

Copacetic
2008-12-21, 10:25 PM
Poi
Turn 5

Clok Agree. The Poi were mystified with fire, and imediatly scewered and started coking their fish. As a sign of good faith, Clok took a knife and hacked off the head of a large tuna in the name of Brian, and cooked the meat.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-23, 05:24 AM
Turn 6

The plague seemed to stop but great monstorous beasts, not quite alive with the smell of rotten meat prey on you instead.

5 EP

Rogga; 2%
Everyone else: 1%

Earl of Purple
2008-12-23, 10:27 AM
Turn 6

The masstakran are having trouble. Due to the fact they live communally but are largely solitary, they are having a bit of trouble with the Dead-Smellers. It is largely only chance that has protected their Nests thus far. The majority of masstakra now are becoming more wary, and keep their bone daggers very, very close. Those who do not are becoming an ever-decreasing minority. The masstakra are developing abilities to help them survive, able to smell danger even better to help them evade the Dead-Smellers, and able to locate prey moving better too. Their daggers are also getting longer so as to keep the masstakra out of reach but still attack.

+2 smell, +2 tremor sense, +1 bonework (weapons). Population currently 132, no new nests founded, First Nest has the most population. Roughly twenty in each nest.

Copacetic
2008-12-23, 10:43 AM
POI
Turn VI

The Poi are delighted by Brian's gift of fire, and sacrifice to him as he requested. But a question goes out to Brian as well, spoken on the voice of a thousand prayers. Brian... why are they killing Brian? Why are there Beasts who hurt and kill us? Why is there that Sickness? Why?
But the Poi also develop means to control the fire they found, and also learn how to weave finer rope, and turn into into nets. Boats are also becoming quite popular.

+2 Weaving
+2 Boatmaking
+1 Fire Manipulation

Cruxador
2008-12-23, 01:23 PM
The Zakrull stayed up on the cliffsides. Perhaps the Sun was angry. Perhaps the Moon, who they had never met, had sent these things. It didn't matter. The Zakrull stayed up in the tree as much as possible, but they needed food. They had to go search for food, and when they did, they took heavy losses. During the rest of the time, the Zakrull remained up on the tree, hiding as best as possible. They danced to the stars, seeking the power to be rid of the beasts.

Can I get some stats on these zombies?

+3 Camouflage
+2 Dance of the Stars

Johel
2008-12-23, 04:54 PM
Yes, stats would be nice. At least agility to now if we can run away from it. And strength to know if it's safe to fight it mano-a-mano.

Rogga

The Egg Herd

Rââz Good-Eye aimed at the walking monstruosity, the stench of the beast sickening him as the wind blowed in his face. The first stone missed its target but the second one hit and, with the sound of cracking bones, the beast stopped, several ribs broken.

"-Danger !! Danger !!"
Even if the Rogga language was now for the most part fluent, the old habits died hard and the ancient warning was still in use.
It didn't took long for 4 other Roggae to appear near Rââz. Soon, a shower of stones began to fall around the monster, the occasional hits breaking bones or at least slowing him down. One powerful throw from Hugra, a "big boned" female, rolled it over. As it wasn't moving anymore, hitting it was easier. Five minutes later, when the beast's skull was nothing but pulp, the Roggae approached.

With any other predator, this bloody mess would have been avoided. But with those... why should they take the risk ? Many Roggae had already pay the price with these new predators. Creeping at night, they were quiet and restless and the smell of their rotting flesh was usually the only warning of their presence. Their ravaged body was of no use for the Roggae, except maybe the bones but was a bone worth a bite ?

Turalisj
2008-12-23, 06:08 PM
Tempestans Turn Six

Something was wrong. The dead were not dead. Their flesh was rotting, but they still moved. Yet, they did not feel like a Tempestan. They had no electric signature. The three Raijin did not know what to do. The Raijin began burning their dead as an offering to the storm-spirits within their circles.

Meanwhile, those Tempestan who were not hunting or dealing with the strange creatures learned how to build. It was those Tempestan who worked on the stone circles that began to understand the basics of construction.

+2 Grasping
+2 Agility
+1 Sight

Gourtox
2008-12-23, 06:15 PM
Brian, Turn 6

He returns to the mountains after he sees the undead.Umi what have you started?

The Glyphstone
2008-12-23, 11:20 PM
Alvatsoti, Turn 6

Under attack again, this time by flying-things-that-poke that are grey and sickly-looking, with an odd odor to them. To Alvatsoti, lack of color means death, so they conclude that these creatures are dead and wish to share their dead-ness with the living. But living is better than dead, and more potent acid will fend off the dead and allow the living to prosper.

+2 Toxin
+2 Toxic Ranged Attack
+1 Brain

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-23, 11:26 PM
Turn Six
Aephidians

At this point in the Aephidian Timeline, a new born is raised to be a new queen. The hive is clicking and Whirring to the sound of a new ruler, and the queen as of now trains her for rule.
"K'ill Ki'lik!"
-New Queen-
The old queen clicks and whirrs to the hive, and it seems a new life is in the tribe. Their Chitin armor is finally a hereditary Trait in the hive, and they are much more tougher from this advancement. They seem a bit smarter as they now recognize ground, water and air are different entities.

Clicks and Whirrs are actually heard less in the hive as they are no longer needed to hear the edge of the cave, a heatvision-esque pupil are now a common sight in the hive, and the Aephidians can see each other, and they are proud of their size and stature.

slurpz
2008-12-24, 01:18 AM
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 6

Basic points here, in a rush:

Zaali turn to plants to answers to zombie attack, able to sort of guide plants to grow in a specified way.

Stone axes are able to be mounted on wood now. Linked with wood staves with plants. Poison on axes now deal a mild poison damage. (Botany, stonecrafting, and woodworking all count as technologies behind stone axes now).

On a whole, Zaalian toughness grows because weakest Zaali are killed off.

Sorry out for 4 days due to ski trip. I also haven't updated last entry.

Population of Zaali: 116

Brains +1, Botany +2, Toughness +2

Gourtox
2008-12-24, 07:11 AM
Brian, Turn 6

He appears on the same island as last time and walks towards a group of Poi.

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-24, 08:42 AM
The Aephidians simply do not allow the Dead Ones into or around the hive, and they do not eat or kill them. They find this is the easiest way to kill them, or simply enough to not be killed themselves.

Cruxador
2008-12-24, 02:57 PM
The Zakrull lifted their bodies to the Stars, the Moon, the Sun. But it was no good. the Rotten things still remained. They came at the base of the tree. The Zakrull used the high ground, but the things still could take them. It seemed likely that casualties would be high. Why had the Firmament forsaken them?

Copacetic
2008-12-25, 06:07 PM
Brian, Turn 6

He appears on the same island as last time and walks towards a group of Poi.
Poi
Turn VI

Clok approaches him. Brian?

Gourtox
2008-12-25, 08:22 PM
Brian, Turn 6

"Yes Clok it is me. I see you are having troubles with smething. What can I do to help you?"

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-26, 01:57 PM
Turn 7

The beasts stop, the plagues stop. Fertility is higher than its ever been. A voice enter each creature once in their life time. "I stopped the beasts. I stopped the plague. Follow me and share my power."

5 EP

10% increase

Earl of Purple
2008-12-26, 03:39 PM
Turn 7

The masstakran revel in the abundance of hatchlings. The masstakrans believe the voice is that of the master of Strange-Mastakra, so the entire population are sacrificing. The voice sounds nothing like that of the Strange-Masstakra, but since all who had met the strange being were dead and it was not Strange-Masstakra but Strange-Masstakra's master who was clearly talking to them, it didn't matter much to them anyway. The masstakra found a new Nest to the South (Hill Nest), in the hills. When digging it out, some use their bone daggers, which are still increasing in length, to break rocks. This leads to an increased knowledge of rock types and weaknesses.

+ 1 bonework (weaponry), + 2 Knowledge (geology), +2 bonework (tools). 100% sacrifice, but whilst Hue gets the credit, only 40% of the worship is actually to him as they believe the voice's owner IS Hue. There are now seven nests, and there are 145 individual masstakra overall, with, as usual, about twenty in each nest.

Johel
2008-12-26, 06:04 PM
Rogga

As the strange voice did not identify itself, the Roggae didn't know exactly which "spirits" might be responsible for the disapearance of the undeads. Some worshipped Mar, others worshipped Ark, the "Earth spirits" from above the Great River or generally any phenomenon which could be mistaken for a etheral power.

During the dark years of the plague and the undeads, the Roggae had had to be creative and ressourceful to survive. Now, their mastery of the sling was slowly improving as more and more skilled hunters appeared among the herds.
The bone and stone, though still unworked, were used increasingly, be it as knife, nail, hammer, ballast or merely decoration. Logically, the hides of animals were used to make better cloth and bags. The Roggae learned how to skin animals properly but also how to work the hide so it wouldn't rot.
The hunts were merely a way to gain bones, hides and other useful materials while getting rid of the predators, scavengers, vermin and even competitors. The red meat itself was of course appreciated but it was more of a sidedish than the main course : fruits and fish.

North
The Sea Herd had reached further in the North than any Roggae before, where the forests became thicker. Sticking to the seaside, the Sea Herd did not explore deeply into the forests but it nonetheless found dozen of new plants while still practicing the sling.

The River Herd, slowed by its continual return to the south, lost contact with the Sea Herd but arrived at a marvellous place where the Great River seemed to fall into the center of the earth. The bottom of this pit was hidden by a thick mist of vapor while a mysterious roaring sound could be heard. The Roggae set a camp near the waterfall, as well as net along the left bank. In a few weeks, they would head back to the homeland for the next gathering.

Center
The Northern Herds, after reaching the far north of the peninsula, went back and now, with the Running Herd, were fully established in the homeland, travelling back and forth across the savanna.

South
The Egg Herd kept traveling south. It found the bank of a river larger than any they had seen. As its water was fresh, the Roggae deduced it couldn't be the Sea and so, they named it the "Sea's Sister", as it was the name the Great River had beared for generations. They kept walking along the "beach" of the Sea's Sister.

+2 Brain and +2 Language
The social interaction, the need to name new places and things, the survival imperative to be smart to live through the plague and the undeads.
+2 Hide work
They now can skin animals properly. It's not a neat job but at least, it won't rot because of the fleshy bits or because somebody forgot to dry the leather between two rains.
+1 Tool crafting and +1 Cloth making
More use for the stones, the bones, the branches and the plants.
+1 Use Sling
They're learning to aim.
+1 Curative knowledge
More medicinal use.

The Glyphstone
2008-12-26, 07:36 PM
Alvatsoti, Turn 7

The Alvatsoti hear the voice, but it barely registers are important to them - they are creatures of sight and light, and a bodiless voice from nowhere matters little to their lives, despite whatever it might say.

With the new population boom, a number of minor and beneficial traits begin to develop amongst newly hatched seedlings. Some find their internal toxins still gaining potency, though at a lower rate now that the threat of danger is gone, others find that the seeds they sow are tougher and hardier. Still others discover a new way to touch the world, reaching out with their minds at things they cannot see, like great invisible tendrils far stronger than the pathetic fringe decorating their edges. Most interesting, however, is a new feature rapidly spreading amongst the newest crop of Alvatsoti - previously, they had communicated through a combination of colors, patterns, and pheremones, transmitting information and data. Now, though, they could transmit more, actual samples of their internal DNA wafted through the air and absorbed as those same pheremones had been.

Population increased to 136.102.
+1 Toxin
+2 Fertility
+2 Telekinesis
the "DNA swapping' isn't an ability I'm investing EP in, but a belated retcon that explains how an asexual budding species is developing species-wide beneficial mutations.

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-12-26, 10:04 PM
((My construction is now, 2, does that increase my Fertility?))

The Aephidian Hive is Abuzz with new life as many new Koot's come to life beyond their larva stage. The Koot'ks, those who are old, become interested more in herbs, and what good they can do to the Aephidian body.

The construction on the tunnel walls become stronger than they once were, and now withstand the Te'Ti'Tk's (big booms) that occur in the mines. and some Aephidians begin to realize that they are becoming more resilient to them.

In response to the voice, they Aephidians simply believe the queen has found a new way to speak to them.

+1 Medicine: Herbs
+4 Fertility

Quixotico
2008-12-26, 11:06 PM
Round 6&7

Just as the plague begins to subside, the dead walk. The Ernvuld believe this is the plague incarnate. They use fire to ward off the rotten creatures and build new, better weapons of war. As metal becomes more prominent in their constructs, those with the ability to sift it out become valuable. And the scholars continue to discover the power of numbers.

And then the shambling dead were gone. The plague was gone. And populations surged again. Math and fire were still keystones of interest, and the construct of real huts was just beginning. And then there was the voice, and the Ernvuld begin to question their sanity as a species.

Sorry, holidays have been busy...

Round 6
+1 Brain
+1 Fire Manipulation
+1 Electromagnetism
+1 Weapon Crafting

Round 7
+1 Brain
+1 Fire Manipulation
+1 Tool Crafting
+1 Structure Crafting

Also, does the hermaphroditic ability give the Ernvuld any bonus to reproduction?

Copacetic
2008-12-27, 07:55 PM
Poi
Turn VII

The Poi looked at Brian with Wonder. He had offered to solve there problems, Then solved them without even asking what they were. What power! And the Poi were growing, faster than before. Every Poi on the Collected islands bowed in reverence. Clok is humbled. All Hail Brian.\

I might have some issues connecting, so I might disappear for a while.
+1 Brains
+2 Bone Carving
+1 Shell-Carving
+1 Agility

Gourtox
2008-12-27, 08:14 PM
Briian, Turn 7

I'm not sure what happened, but if they want to thank me I guess I'll accept it. "Anything I can do to help you people I will, but I must be going and when I return I will have a gift for the Poi." He returns to the mountain.

slurpz
2008-12-28, 05:14 AM
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 7

((To be announced))

All entries will be updated soon! Map will be updated soon!

Population: 128

Brains +1, Botany +2, Telekinesis +2

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-30, 11:40 AM
Turn 8

The voice starts to suggest creating poisons or use poisons.

10%

5 EP

Copacetic
2008-12-30, 01:10 PM
POI
Turn VIII

The Poi continued their worship of Brian, now now building fairly simple shrines out of piles of sand topped with shell or intricate bone carvings. When the voice echoed out, The Poi scrambled to meet his demands, gathering plants and trying to find poisonous ones.

+1 Brains
+1 Fertility
+3 Botany

Gourtox
2008-12-30, 01:48 PM
Brian, Turn 8

He appears on the island of the Poi."Is Clok here?"

slurpz
2008-12-30, 02:02 PM
MAP:
Zaali (http://1evo3.pbwiki.com/Zaali), Turn 8

((Insert imagination here))

Brains +1, Botany +2, Hive Mind +1, Telekinesis +1

Johel
2008-12-30, 04:18 PM
Slurpz, I let you introduce the Zaali and the Roggae in the post n°169.
Don't forget the map :smallwink:.
I'll go on with the Tempestans.

Rogga

The spirits were talking more often than usual. But they still hadn't identified themselves. Kroum Who-Heal-Bones, an old female from the Running Herd, was wondering if she should listen to the mysterious voices. She was the most learned in the way of medecine and probably knew more about plants than any Rogga. This wasn't a small feat, given the place plants held in Roggan society. She searched for toxic plants and began to experiment for cures. What use could Roggae have for poison ? There was already plenty of ways to kill. But to cure was more important.

The Roggae lived well. Starvation was unheard of and illness were but occasionnal tragedies. With plenty of food and a good health, most children grew into tall and strong specimens.

The Sea Herd

They were just there : a small band of tall spiky creatures, with strange horns on the top of their head. Huurt had been watching them for a good hour now and he had done the same yesterday. Määr be praised, he had never seen such creatures before. Walking on two legs ? The Roggae were able to stand on two feet, yes, but to walk with such ease... And this cracking sound he heard every minute or so... What was it ?

"-Frii say we can not go further."
"-Frii say many things. I want go further."
"I", "We". So far, the Roggae had always used their individual names to define themselves. But for ten years already, it was common among the young Roggae to use strange word like this to communicate more fluently. It had first been the "We" to designate a small group rather than an single Rogga or the whole herd. As such group could be as small as one Rogga, another word had appeared. And soon, many others.

"-She like it not."
"-She will never know it."
Huurt smiled as the second sentry looked at the sky.
Without waiting for him to answer, the young Rogga advanced toward the strange creatures, his sling in on hand, a stone in another. If the things were dangerous, he would make them flee. But right now, he was curious...

+1 Language and +1 Brain : You know why...
+1 Curative knowledge : With their actual knowledge of plants (botany), they already know which plant is toxic and which is not. So, they search for poisons but only to find cures.
+1 Strength and +1 Thoughness : I know, it's an effect rather than a cause but I'm sure you'll all agree that offspring grows bigger when you take good care of them.

Copacetic
2008-12-30, 06:43 PM
Brian, Turn 8

He appears on the island of the Poi."Is Clok here?"

POI
Turn VIII

The Poi Bow low, placing their foreheads on the sand. Clok approaches Brian, his head held down. Clok is here, Holy Brian. What does Holy Brian Desire of Clok? Name it, and it shall be done. The Poi remain kneeled.

Gourtox
2008-12-30, 10:25 PM
Brian, Turn 8

"Clok, are you the leader of the Poi? Answering that question is all I require of you for the moment."

Nemesis67
2008-12-31, 02:54 AM
Umi, Turn 8

Umi had come to the world to observe, to plot ways to rule it, yet when the undead came, things he had created long ago to save the mountain, he had to intervene. But then, intervention came from another and nearly all of the things vanished. The few remaining were hunted down by Umi, dispatched with brutal efficiency, and their remains burned and buried. "Finally", Umi thought to himself, "that chapter of my life has ended." It seemed that he had already forgotten of the mausoleum he had built long ago to cage such creatures, which was filled with many more of them.

And yet, Umi debated on the usefulness of undead like those. Things that force the races to adapt or perish. As a result, the species of the world had been forged into more powerful beings. But before he began testing them, Umi had to gather a few worshipers. And so Umi traveled the world, observing the races, watching their society and paying close attention to their battles, hunting, and their crafts. He quickly took a liking to the Ernvuld, the Zaali, and the Zakrull, all relatively adept at warfare already. And he decided to leave his old friend and ally Brian to have the Poi. Their relatively peaceful civilization did not appeal to Umi anyway.

Before proceeding, he decided to gather his thoughts and form a plan of conquest, if you will. He remembered well the consequences of his first meddlings, which ended in the creatures he had taught how to wage war using the knowledge against him and his Immortal brethren. He had to be careful this time, or at least be sure to escape the war against the Immortals, if it came to that.

While he's trying to be secretive, it's possible he's discovered by the mortals. He's not too sneaky, more used to charge straight into everything. But his earlier failure has made him somewhat more careful.

Copacetic
2008-12-31, 12:29 PM
Brian, Turn 8

"Clok, are you the leader of the Poi? Answering that question is all I require of you for the moment."

POI
Turn VIII

Yes, Clock is Leader of Poi. Would Brian stay as my honoured guest?

Gourtox
2008-12-31, 01:30 PM
Brian, Turn 8

"Maybe for a while Clock, but that's not why I'm here. I came here to give you the spear. I come here to give the Poi a gift. The Spear of The Poi. It shall be passed down from leader to leader. I choose Clock as the leader of the Poi and those who argue my choice will deal wih me." He gives the spear to Clock. "Now you said something about an honoured guest mighty leader of the Poi?"

The spear of the Poi looks like the spears the Poi use, but it is an exceptionally made strong, light metal and wood.

Copacetic
2008-12-31, 07:18 PM
POI
Turn VIII

Clok Unceremoniously throws his old spear into the surf, and referently holds The Spear of The Poi in his hands. Brian Honors Clok. Clok is grateful. Come, Brian, Honored Guest. Clok clicks a few commands at a group of Poi, and they run off. Clok gestures towards the biggest hut, Which was woven delicately out of twigs and leafs on the top. A crude bonfire is made outside. Fish is being roasted on it. Brian, Please come inside. Clok clicks at one of the Roasters, and he immediatly stands up and offers his fish to Brian. Food for the guest.

Gourtox
2009-01-01, 01:05 AM
Brian, Turn 8

He follows Clock and takes the fish when offered. "Thank you Clock, I am truly honored to be your guest." He whispers, "Now do I take the first bite or do you?"

Earl of Purple
2009-01-01, 06:43 AM
Turn 8

The masstakra, in their seven nests, once again hear the voice. They trust the voice, but do not understand why it is trying to help them, after all, Strange-Masstakra said that its master wanted to destroy the masstakrain race, not help it. Besides, what are these 'poisons'? Nevertheless, it seems that the Strange-Masstakra's master had almost kick-started evolution-the bacteria dwelling inside individual masstakra to help it feed is developing a toxic excretion. The masstakra of Hill Nest are continuing to mine in their tunnels, looking for something which might be the poisons Strange-Masstakra's-Master wants.

2 EP in Toxic Bite, 3 EP in Mining. They are also looking for toxins in the hills around and above Hill Nest. 159 masstakra, with 22 in each nest. No new nests founded. Same divisions of worship as last turn, unless Hue can do something about it.

Copacetic
2009-01-01, 11:34 AM
Brian, Turn 8

He follows Clock and takes the fish when offered. "Thank you Clock, I am truly honored to be your guest." He whispers, "Now do I take the first bite or do you?"

POI
Turn VIII

Clok whispers back Brian takes first Bite.

The Glyphstone
2009-01-01, 05:18 PM
Again, there are noises in the air, with nothing visible to create them. The noises carry ideas in their rythmn, but ideas that the Alvatsoti can make no sense of. They do not eat, and have no concept of 'poison' - the toxic acid they produce for defense drives things-that-poke away, but there is no one to show it has the same effects when eaten. They can only conclude that the wind noises are either imaginary or stupid, and proceed in their development as they had before.

+2 Fertility
+2 Telekinesis
+1 Toxin

Quixotico
2009-01-02, 01:09 AM
Round 8

The tribes meet and gather for the first time in many years. Many Ernvuld mingle and share. And then, the tribes split.

In that time of togetherness, they discussed the meaning of the voice. They all heard it... and thus they obeyed it. They gathered the animals and plants that hurt to eat. They mashed them together to create something putrid. They smeared it on the business-ends of their weapons, but not the weapons used to hunt food. They're simple, but not stupid.

And they rallied behind a leader. He Who Speaks Well Great Ideas was given control of the two tribes' futures. He Who Speaks Well Great Ideas took many days to think. He had, at last, a great idea, and in a well spoken speech, spelled out the plan.

The great warriors of old, three of them, were each to spread out with some of the Ernvuld and settle their tribes. He Who Speaks Well Great Ideas would remain here, and oversee the central tribe, a place where the Ernvuld could gather and share ideas and goods.

And so it came to pass.

+1 Brain
+1 Fire Manipulation
+1 Tool Crafting
+1 Poison Crafting

Gourtox
2009-01-02, 07:28 AM
Brian, Turn 8

He takes a big bite out of the fish.

Copacetic
2009-01-02, 10:28 PM
Brian, Turn 8

He takes a big bite out of the fish.

POI
Turn VIII

The Poi Cheer, and Clok ushers him into the wooden hut-thing. More Poi arrive and Brian is presented with more Fish, some Pretty Shells, and a another necklace of shark teeth. Even More Poi arrive, and Brian is pressed with bowls of sweet coconut milk and another gifts, followed by various requests such as blessing the FisherPoi.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-03, 08:17 AM
Turn 9

A great Dragon comes from inside the mountain and sits on top of it. It has green skin and looks at the rest of the world. The voice speaks again. "Go to the top of the mountain."

5%

5 EP

The Glyphstone
2009-01-03, 09:20 AM
Alvatsoti, Turn 9

The mountain. They knew of the mountain, though they had never found reason to go there. It was the only piece of the land below that reached up to them, rather than forcing them to go down to it. Perhaps this voice was that of the mountain, calling them to visit - so think some of the younger, more adventurous Alvatsoti, having inherited in bulk the curiosity that led their ancestors to explore the ground below.

+1 Maneuverability
+1 Speed
+1 Brain
+1 Toxin
+1 Toxic Ranged Attack

Earl of Purple
2009-01-03, 10:33 AM
Turn 9

The masstakran hear the voice again. They don't know where the mountain is, and most don't trust the voice enough to go to this 'mountain' anyway. After all, didn't Strange-Masstakra say that his Master wished to destroy the Masstakrian race? The masstakra are worried, and put more faith into their bone rings, which seems to work.

The masstakran of Hill Nest are still mining the hills, looking for anything interesting, after all, even if they hadn't found any of this 'poison' doesn't mean its not there in the hills.

Now 190 masstakra (unless I have miscounted, if so, please tell me) divided into 9 nests, one south of Hill Nest, one to the East. They are Mine Nest (south of Hill Nest) and South East Nest (East of Hill Nest). +1 EP in Earth Magic (stoneskin), +2 EP in Mining, +1 EP in Knowledge (geology), +1 EP in Bonework (jewellery).

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-03, 10:35 AM
Masstakren

They find, a soft purple metal.

Johel
2009-01-03, 10:53 AM
Rogga

The mountains, for most Roggae, were only a distant location. A place they couldn't reach, anyway, because of the Great River and the Sea's Sister.

The River Herd

However, the River Herd seemed to have found a way. As they were exploring the waterfall surrounding, they discovered that what they had thought was a bottomless pit where water felt was in fact nothing but a high cliff. And there, a small ford stood, result of the slow accumulation of sediments as the Great River flowed out of the waterfall's pool to go east.

Said ford was only crossable during the driest moments of the years but, as the River Herd staid near the Waterfall, they eventually found out. Still, the crossing was not safe : the stream was fast, accelerating as it went past the ford. And so, the biggest of the Roggae tried to cross, solid ropes tied around their upper arms while the second set held long sticks, used to probe the riverbed and to secure the balance of the Roggae.

Three of the Roggae were dragged away by the stream but two of them reached the other side, where they tied the ropes to a nearby tree. The next crossings were easier and, as more and more ropes were used, many strange and large "rope bridge" was eventually built. It looked like a twisted web, with four main ropes tied from one bank to another, each as thick as a Rogga's leg and each connected to the next by hundreds of smaller ones. Other ropes had a basket with heavy stones at one end, the other end being tied to the main rope. The Great River would only be crossable during dry periods but at least it was now safe, as long as the River Herd replaced and maintained the ropes.

It wasn't long before a net and fishing baskets were added to the whole thing, with heavy stones and branches to consolidate the work. The Fishing Web was in place, with his three corridors where fish could be catch easily, the fast flow of the river being the only inconvenience.

But already, some young Roggae were looking at the mountain.

+1 Tool crafting and +2 Fishing: they are learning to combine plants, stones, wood and bones to make useful things like the Fishing Web.
+1 Hide work and +1 Cloth making : practice make you better. No breakthrough or big innovation, just better overall quality.

Slurpz : I let you introduce the Zaali to the Roggae. The River Herd is on the Zaali territory but the Roggae are not true hunters (they hunt to get rid of predators and competitors but that's it) and limit themselves to the surrounding of the river (which provide most of their food)

Copacetic
2009-01-03, 07:19 PM
POI
Turn IX

[to be edited in a later date(Preferbly when I'm not so tired)]

+1 Wood-Crafting
+1 Strength
+1 Botany
+2 Brains

Turalisj
2009-01-04, 01:00 AM
Tempestan Turn 9

<to be edited in when I feel like it...>

+3 Strength
+3 Brains
+2 Toughnes
+4 Construction
+3 Grasping

Carrion_Humanoid
2009-01-04, 09:08 AM
Turn 9
The Aephidian Hive Stirs in this outrageous non-Aephidian thoughts coursing through their minds! How dare this creature do such a thing! The queen of the hive sends out 10 of the strongest, quickest Aephidian Warriors to the winged beast.

+1 Brain
+2 Tool Focus Fire
+2 Toughness

Earl of Purple
2009-01-04, 12:41 PM
Turn 9

The masstakra have found something! Some masstakra are trying it out, seeing what it tastes like, feels like, smells like and its malleability. They soon find out it is bent easily, smells and tastes like nothing else they know and feels cold to the touch.

All of the above traits are common to all metals, and the tests used were used by medieval alchemists when they weren't looking for immortality and the secret of turning lead to gold, and since some metals are poisonous, alchemists didn't usually last that long. Metal will probably soon be quite common throughout masstakrian territory. Also, is the metal poisonous, and are there any other significant/unusual traits it has?

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-04, 12:47 PM
Not poisonous, no other traits.

Gourtox
2009-01-04, 02:21 PM
Brian, Turn 9

"Thank you for your kindness, but I must leave now." He returns to the mountain.

Johel
2009-01-11, 01:09 PM
Is the game dead or something ?

Nobody updated the "reserved" posts.
EDK didn't give any description about the dragon.

Are people even still reading this ? :smalleek:

The Glyphstone
2009-01-11, 04:06 PM
I am...sort of...

slurpz
2009-01-11, 09:56 PM
Mm, a little busy, at the moment.

Carrion_Humanoid
2009-01-12, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I'm still here. . .