PDA

View Full Version : Feat Template/Race

Ozkarian
2008-12-11, 01:08 PM
I'm joining an adventure(DnD 3.5) allowing LA up to +2; and I'm looking for a template or race that will grant me Combat Casting or Dodge so I don't have to waste a level feat on it. Anyone know any Race/Template supplemental rules to allow me one or both of those feats?

thanks

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-11, 01:11 PM
Well, you should never take Dodge. There's a lot of feats out there that say "counts as Dodge for the purpose of PrCs", you take one of those. Also, what are you building towards that needs both of those? I can't think of any caster PrC that needs Dodge, so that means it's for a Feat chain...Duskblade? Whip abusing 13th level and Whirlwind Attack with buffs/debuffs? Am I close? :smallwink:

On topic, no, not off the top of my head.

jcsw
2008-12-11, 01:38 PM
From Crystalkeep:

Humans
Strongheart Halflings

These have too much LA for your purposes:
Pixies
Vampires

Have you already taken two flaws? If you have and you still need feats, you have a really weird build.

Irreverent Fool
2008-12-11, 01:41 PM
The Fighter template is LA +2 and gives +2 BAB, saves, and two bonus feats from the fighter list.

obnoxious
sig

mikeejimbo
2008-12-11, 01:50 PM
The Fighter template is LA +2 and gives +2 BAB, saves, and two bonus feats from the fighter list.

obnoxious
sig

o i c wut u did thar.

Greg
2008-12-11, 01:52 PM

obnoxious
sig
We must use fire, or he will regenerate.

Can you tell us your build?

Darrin
2008-12-11, 03:00 PM
I'm joining an adventure(DnD 3.5) allowing LA up to +2; and I'm looking for a template or race that will grant me Combat Casting or Dodge so I don't have to waste a level feat on it. Anyone know any Race/Template supplemental rules to allow me one or both of those feats?

Most templates don't give feats.

Some races gain bonus feats, but I can't think of any that get either Combat Casting or Dodge. There are a couple monsters that gain Dodge or other bonus feats due to racial hit dice, but I can't think of any that gain Combat Casting.

A rough list of races (+0 LA) that grant bonus feats:

Human: bonus feat
Strongheart Halfling: bonus feat (FRCS)
Azurin: bonus feat (Magic of Incarnum)
Desert Half-Orc: Run (UA)
Desert Orc: Endurance (UA)
Frostblood Orc/Half-Orc: Endurance* (Dragon Magic)
Badlands Dwarf: Heat Endurance (Sandstorm)
Glacier Dwarf: Cold Endurance (Frostburn)
Elf: Martial Weapon proficiences
Jungle Halfing: Martial Weapon - Throwing Axe, Handaxe, Shortbow (UA)
Kobold: Martial Weapon - Light and Heavy Picks
Spikers: Martial Weapon - Armor Spikes (Planar Handbook)
Hellbred: Devil's Favor (Fiendish Codex II)
Spellscale: Can use Blood-Quickening meditation to pick up a variety of metamagic feats, but they don't count for meeting requirements/prerequisites. (Races of the Dragon)

* = If a Frostblood Orc/Half-Orc gains Endurance later, they can take any other feat they qualify for instead (great option if you're taking at least 3 levels of Ranger)

There's an article in Dragon #320, Silicon Sorcery: Warcraft III races, that may offer some interesting options

Exiled Dwarves: bonus feat
Declining Elves: Weapon Focus: melee and Weapon Focus: ranged
Techno Gnomes: Alertness
Unsheltered Halfings: Dodge at 1st level, and either Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, or Great Fortitude at 3rd level