PDA

View Full Version : Kratos v.s Dante v.s Ryu Hayabusa

tokonaut
2008-12-11, 02:13 PM
I had a rather heated argument witha friend recently in which he while playing god of war on god mode i had said the game was to easy which launched into an argument over which of these video game characters' game was the hardest to beat on the hardest diffiuulty.

I for one say ninja gaiden is the hardest, my friend says god of war is the hardest.

what is your opinion?

Saithis Bladewing
2008-12-12, 02:38 AM
Ninja Gaiden.

'Tis awesome. 'Nuff said. (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/viewer.php?id=445123&key=YgHxHuXzdtOzhxbStiOGY4MDUxNmY5QjIwNjIrNV9xM2Iw OTE7QjcxQlYxOzJWNjJiMDI4ZjUrVnFfOTQxbTk5MDk0MjcyOQ %3D%3D) (Mild language warning. :P)

SurlySeraph
2008-12-12, 02:57 AM
Ninja Gaiden is a bitch and a half. I'm not sure whether it's harder than Devil May Cry or not - I haven't played it as much - but both are definitely harder than God of War.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-12-12, 03:18 AM
I found DMC easy compared to the hardest difficulty of Ninja Gaiden...

hanzo66
2008-12-12, 06:11 PM
God of War is more for the Casual Gamer, which leads it to get lots of heat from people who play DMC or Ninja Gaiden for being a sissy's game. Likely a player who can play Dante/Nero Must Die can do God of War without much of a problem.

Ninja Gaiden itself is quite a problem. I've heard that the Second game is more cheap than genuinely difficult.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-12-13, 08:57 AM
One could say IWBTG is harder than both, but then you have to decide whether 'cheap' really qualifies as difficult or not.

Quxelopqr
2008-12-14, 07:33 PM
I dunno about IWBTG, I've managed to beat that (only on hard, but still) whereas I've never even come close to beating a ninja gaiden game.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-12-14, 07:59 PM
The hardest difficulty of IWBTG trumps anything else I've ever tried. No save points ANYWHERE? It's just stupidly ridiculous.

chiasaur11
2008-12-14, 08:06 PM
The hardest difficulty of IWBTG trumps anything else I've ever tried. No save points ANYWHERE? It's just stupidly ridiculous.

Try the unreleased "Penn and Teller's Smoke and Mirrors" on impossible.

It's even harder to beat than impossible mode IWBTGTMTG.

Quxelopqr
2008-12-14, 09:29 PM
True, impossible TWBTGTMTG is very close to impossible. I can't imagine having to start over every time I died in that game. Something harder then that sounds interesting though...I may have to check that out.

Destro_Yersul
2008-12-14, 10:23 PM
Yeah. Even on Hard Ninja Gaiden is silly. Very hard is stupid, and Master Ninja is patently ridiculous.

IWBTG is tough and extremely unforgiving, and I can't imagine anyone actually managing to beat it on impossible, but then it's called impossible for a reason. :smalltongue:

tokonaut
2008-12-15, 01:53 PM
what is IWTBG and IWBTGTMTG.

chiasaur11
2008-12-15, 01:56 PM
what is IWTBG and IWBTGTMTG.

I wanna be the guy, the movie, the game.

It's a downloadable game that's legendary for its insane difficulty.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-15, 07:34 PM
I wanna be the guy, the movie, the game.

It's a downloadable game that's legendary for its insane difficulty.

I Wanna Be The Guy is not a game. It is a crime against humanity.

Setra
2008-12-15, 09:56 PM
I had a rather heated argument witha friend recently in which he while playing god of war on god mode i had said the game was to easy which launched into an argument over which of these video game characters' game was the hardest to beat on the hardest diffiuulty.

I for one say ninja gaiden is the hardest, my friend says god of war is the hardest.

what is your opinion?
God of War, to me, is a joke compared to the other two options... neither of which I can beat on the hardest setting.

I vote the Original Ninja Gaiden on the Nes.

Kris Strife
2008-12-16, 02:18 PM
Answer: Anything on the Atari 2600. Go on, let me know when you beat the last level of Beserk.

Of the three listed, DMC 3, English version, regular edition. Its normal mode was the hard mode from the Japanese version.

Lord of Rapture
2008-12-20, 08:01 PM
I Wanna Be The Guy is not a game. It is a crime against humanity.

You said that on a different thread already. With the exact same words.
Just so you know.

SMEE
2008-12-20, 09:18 PM
Having played all of them recently, I have to say Ninja Gaiden is the hardest one hands down.

But I have to say that Ninja Gaiden Hard mode is not too hard. It's more like challenging enough and fun to play.
Very Hard and Master Ninja, on the other hand... *shudders*

Job
2008-12-20, 09:38 PM
Ninja Gaiden.

'Tis awesome. 'Nuff said. (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/viewer.php?id=445123&key=YgHxHuXzdtOzhxbStiOGY4MDUxNmY5QjIwNjIrNV9xM2Iw OTE7QjcxQlYxOzJWNjJiMDI4ZjUrVnFfOTQxbTk5MDk0MjcyOQ %3D%3D) (Mild language warning. :P)

I tend not to check Newgrounds for a verity of reasons, but the last look the ninja gives is awesome beyond words.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-21, 01:32 PM
You said that on a different thread already. With the exact same words.
Just so you know.

I know. It was as true then as it is now.

Mr._Blinky
2008-12-21, 01:50 PM
If I recall correctly, only four people in the world have ever beaten Master Ninja on Ninja Gaiden, all of them Korean. Having played or seen all three games played, I can definitely say the Ninja Gaiden is the hardest, then DMC 3, and then God of War in a distant third. Honestly, no matter what your friend says, the difficulty of GoW isn't even on the same level as either of the other two by a wide margin.

chiasaur11
2008-12-21, 02:45 PM
If I recall correctly, only four people in the world have ever beaten Master Ninja on Ninja Gaiden, all of them Korean. Having played or seen all three games played, I can definitely say the Ninja Gaiden is the hardest, then DMC 3, and then God of War in a distant third. Honestly, no matter what your friend says, the difficulty of GoW isn't even on the same level as either of the other two by a wide margin.

I think you're confusing Master Ninja difficulty with the TV show Ninja Warrior.

Which makes most of the stuff here look like a walk in the park.