PDA

View Full Version : [Monster]Orloch's Machinations

Angry_Bill
2005-09-05, 01:09 AM
In the middle of a cluttered round room, lit by an eerie greenish glow, are two pedastals. The air is heavy with the metallic smell of ozone laced with sulfur and something more foul than can described by words. On one pedastal sits a small wooden cage containing a chittering squirrlel. On the other is a pile of, well, junk - two iron disks, a small glass orb, something that looks like a bellows, a chain, and some spindly bits of metal and wire. From the shadows the sounds of arcane chanting rises in pitch and intensity and as the chant rises the sound of the squirrels chattering changes from that of a scared animal to that of an animal in pain. A loud crash resonates through the round room and afterwords a stillness ...

Lesser Machination

Size/Type:Tiny Construct
Hit Dice:1d10
Initiative:+4
Speed:60ft flying or 30ft ground based
Armor Class:+2
Base Attack/Grapple:+2/-6
Attack:
Full Attack:
Space/Reach:2.5 ft/0 ft
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities:
Saves:
Abilities:
Skills:Spot or Listen
Feats:improved initiative
Environment:varies
Organization:solitary or patrol (2-5)
Challenge Rating:<1
Treasure:none
Alignment:neutral with evil tendencies
Advancement:
Level Adjustment:

Description:There are two types of lesser machinations - scouts and servants.

Combat:Lesser machinations will avoid combat at all costs - attempting to flee if attacked. If cornered or explicitly ordered into combat Lesser Machinations attack by hurling themselves at their foes.

Obviously incomplete but it's late cut me some slack... to be created:

lesser machination - scout, servant

greater machination - worker, warrior

the great vinculum machination

I'll gladly take any comment or criticism especially on format and the crunchy bits this being my first contest and all.

Bill

Angry_Bill
2005-09-05, 01:09 AM
Placeholder.

Angry_Bill
2005-09-05, 01:10 AM
Also, placeholder.

Cantankerous
2005-09-05, 11:59 AM
I think you've got the definition of machination wrong.

Angry_Bill
2005-09-05, 12:28 PM
Main Entry: mach·i·na·tion

Pronunciation: "ma-k&-'nA-sh&n

Function: noun

2 : a scheming or crafty action or artful design intended to accomplish some usually evil end

That's the definition from Webster. This is all about the physical results of an artful design that most definately will be used for an evil end.

Bill

Cantankerous
2005-09-05, 12:35 PM
Then that's a hilarious pun.