PDA

View Full Version : Eragon & My Immortal

Guts
2008-12-11, 11:29 PM
I just finished reading the rather mediocre and apparently rather famous Harry Potter fanfic 'My Immortal'. To continue on the 'Eragon vs' thing we had a few weeks ago, imagine what would happen if the main character of the fanfic was dropped in Umlautsia and similarly if Eragon was dropped into My Immortal.

Mando Knight
2008-12-11, 11:54 PM
The universe would implode upon the convergence of the poorly disguised Mary Sues, creating a multi-dimensional black hole that consumes the entire multiverse.

Jerthanis
2008-12-11, 11:56 PM
Well... Eragon would reveal that he was going by the name, "Eternal Darkness" now, and would be wearing very complicated clothing and listen to all the author's favorite music (or what the author considers favored music among a certain demographic. I'm unconvinced that My Immortal isn't parody)

And if Darkness Dementia Darktalon Blood Way fell into Eragon's world she'd... uh... Nothing ever happens in My Immortal except listening to music and having sex, so I'm not really sure what she'd do under any external stimuli. I guess she'd cry blood and cut her wrists at the idea that there isn't pop music in the new world she finds herself in. Although to be fair, the same bands existed anachronistically when she went back in time, so who knows.

Alternatively, Eragon would decide that the gothic protagonists of My Immortal were evil, since someone claiming you're evil is enough to justify your murder, and Eragon would speak the words of death and everyone from that fanfic would die. The characters from My Immortal would be overjoyed at the prospect.

Stupendous_Man
2008-12-12, 12:02 AM
I just finished reading the rather mediocre and apparently rather famous Harry Potter fanfic 'My Immortal'..

What is that?

revolver kobold
2008-12-12, 12:12 AM
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/My_Immortal

CAUTION: Click at your own risk... Probably not work safe either, not much of Encyclopedia Dramatica is...

Guts
2008-12-12, 12:21 AM
What is that?

http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/chapters122.htm

or if you prefer to have it read to you:http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2LmXUL5EuU

Mewtarthio
2008-12-12, 12:34 AM
I am perfectly convinced that it's a work of parody. If nothing else, the scene where she writes that she lost her "virility" to Draco (instead of her "virginity") looks like solid proof to me, as the author of the work would be far more familiar with the latter concept and would be unlikely to mistakenly use the word for the former--plus they're not even spelled or pronounced in a similar way. It would be like a little kid saying "fornicator" instead of "forest ranger."

warty goblin
2008-12-12, 12:37 AM
What horrible tragedy has happened to you recently for you to even consider such a horror?

My personal guess, this in some way means that the Stars Are Right, and Great Cthluthu rises. And the world is thankful.

Fri
2008-12-12, 03:41 AM
We have our own version of my immortal, you know.

Tengu's My Immortal: GITP Version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4644030&postcount=500)

Dhavaer
2008-12-12, 03:54 AM
I just googled 'worst fanfic ever'. My Immortal didn't come up until third place! (Fanfiction.net was 1st, some Inuyasha thing was second) This travesty must be rectified!

Verruckt
2008-12-12, 04:32 AM
Well, until today I had never flicked over to Media Discussions, seen a thread title, and then scrabbled for a gun to put in my mouth. Well done Guts, you have created a collision so awful it made me want to die.

Tengu_temp
2008-12-12, 05:10 AM
The universe would implode upon the convergence of the poorly disguised Mary Sues, creating a multi-dimensional black hole that consumes the entire multiverse.

I wasn't aware either of those even bothers to disguise its Mary-Sues.

Tengu's My Immortal: GITP Version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4644030&postcount=500)

I really must continue this work one day.
And what do you mean, "our own version of my immortal"? This is 100% original work, written by yours truly. Any similarity to other fanfics is purely accidental.

KKL
2008-12-12, 05:13 AM
I just finished reading the rather mediocre and apparently rather famous Harry Potter fanfic 'My Immortal'. To continue on the 'Eragon vs' thing we had a few weeks ago, imagine what would happen if the main character of the fanfic was dropped in Umlautsia and similarly if Eragon was dropped into My Immortal.

They fight crime.

Drascin
2008-12-12, 05:16 AM

Oh, Goddess. I wasn't aware of that one. That is just... wrong. Truly a Tengu piece if there ever was one.

Oslecamo
2008-12-12, 05:42 AM
I wasn't aware either of those even bothers to disguise its Mary-Sues.

Well, you see, Eragorn is a much funnier book is you read it as if the main hero is an easily manipulable idiotic selfish arrogant bastard who got chosen by a selfish idiotic arrogant bloodthirsty dragon who chose Eragorn as it's rider because he's easy to control and lets her do whatever she wants.:smallbiggrin:

The "rebels" are trying to take over the power for themselves, claiming to be the good guys, of course, and Eragorn drools all over the elf girl because nobody told him that you can get women for gold in most towns.

The elves are meanwhile carefully piting the human factions against each other so when they're finished they can jump in and claim whatever's left. :smalltongue:

Now, as for immortal, I really didn't read it, but if they don't know how to counter death words, then they're screwed.

EDIT: MY EYES! THEY BURN! Those two togheter? I tought it was only a legend!

Need moar tentacles and massive battles.

DomaDoma
2008-12-12, 08:45 AM
I am perfectly convinced that it's a work of parody. If nothing else, the scene where she writes that she lost her "virility" to Draco (instead of her "virginity") looks like solid proof to me, as the author of the work would be far more familiar with the latter concept and would be unlikely to mistakenly use the word for the former--plus they're not even spelled or pronounced in a similar way. It would be like a little kid saying "fornicator" instead of "forest ranger."

Never mind that - it uses the ones-as-exclamation-points strawmanning. And it doesn't start doing that until quite a few chapters in, when the author might be getting worried that people thought they were for real. At the same time the spelling makes a marked further deterioration. I mean, sheesh.

hanzo66
2008-12-12, 05:57 PM
The group are soon joined along by a character written by David Gonterman, DJ Croft, Anita Blake and all other super Sues via some sort of Sue Sense that makes them flock to each other. They then open of a pink void which devours them all into a places where they're forced to read their own stories.

Meanwhile a group of Magnificent Bastards hi-five each other, having joined up to rid the Mary Sues (while hoping for god sakes that they don't end up in the Void of Pink Doom). LeLouch and Kane argue whether to order Pizza Hut or Domino's for the celebration, Vetinari and Xanatos compare plans they make for any situations while Ocelot and Aizen play Halo 3.

Mr. Scaly
2008-12-12, 07:32 PM
...And then all are eaten by some ravenous monster thing that cares for neither Sueishness nor brilliant schemes.

Moff Chumley
2008-12-12, 07:39 PM
...And then all are eaten by some ravenous monster thing that cares for neither Sueishness nor brilliant schemes.

Well, the Sues get eaten. The Ravenous Monster Thing tm is slain by the awesome.

doliest
2008-12-12, 07:44 PM
Well I'm guessing whatever-her-name-is's grammar would improve since eragon is a published work, while eragon's mood would worsen and he would kill himself.

Lord of Rapture
2008-12-12, 09:48 PM
The group are soon joined along by a character written by David Gonterman, DJ Croft, Anita Blake and all other super Sues via some sort of Sue Sense that makes them flock to each other. They then open of a pink void which devours them all into a places where they're forced to read their own stories.

Meanwhile a group of Magnificent Bastards hi-five each other, having joined up to rid the Mary Sues (while hoping for god sakes that they don't end up in the Void of Pink Doom). LeLouch and Kane argue whether to order Pizza Hut or Domino's for the celebration, Vetinari and Xanatos compare plans they make for any situations while Ocelot and Aizen play Halo 3.

Win.

And Aizen is actually Light Yagami is disguise. Johan Liebert and Hannibal Lecter are casually gloating over the Pink Void of Doom while sipping martinis over the corpses of the Sues' writers, while Frank Fontaine and Etna swap stories of their victories over the campfire.