PDA

View Full Version : Annoying a DM in one easy session

doliest
2008-12-12, 08:55 PM
I should note that I wasn't trying to annoy the DM, this is just how my character acted, read A jerk with a smart mouth. {Scrubbed}
So anyone else basically killed a game in one session?

Kizara
2008-12-12, 08:58 PM
Why did you come online to brag about how disruptive you were in your RL group?

Seeking validation?

I'll warn you now, most people here won't think that is cool, because it's not.

Also: Wall of Text = bad. Learn to use paragraphs/spacing.

doliest
2008-12-12, 09:01 PM
{Scrubbed}

SurlySeraph
2008-12-12, 09:02 PM
This thread isn't going to end well, is it?

doliest
2008-12-12, 09:04 PM
This thread isn't going to end well, is it?

I'm doliest, nothing I start ends well:smallwink:

{Scrubbed}

MisterSaturnine
2008-12-12, 09:19 PM
I'm doliest, nothing I start ends well:smallwink:

It's not my fault he assumes and skips the last line.

I'm guessing he skipped the last line because he didn't want to condone game disruption, not because he didn't read the last line.

AdamSmasher
2008-12-12, 09:22 PM
A. Yes, you WERE bragging. And if you didn't do it on purpose, you have no common sense.
B. I doubt he did, he was just dumbfounded by yours.
C. I doubt he did, he was just dumbfounded by yours.
D. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
E. You're wrong, but we noticed.
F. Way2comeback. You lost.

Anyway, I killed a game indirectly. We had a stupid cleric, and my character was overly cautious. It didn't mix well. Our characters approach a keep, and some enchantment hits each of us. One character gets affected, and he starts zombie walking towards the front door of the keep. My character figures the front door is trapped (Evil cult, they do that stuff) and tries to stop him.

At this point, the cleric decides it's a good idea to run towards the door an open it for no good reason, and the player calls me a p***y IRL. My character manages to talk him out of it.

After a few failed grapples and getting NOWHERE with tripping, my character dicedes to full attack the other PC with non-lethal damage. Right before he could open teh door. So what does the cleric do? "AAAAIIIIEEEEEE!!! CURE LIGHT WOUNDS!" Tries to revive him, right there, where he's one unstoppable round from opening the door.

This is AFTER my character explained that he wanted to carry the guy away before they revived him.

So what does my guy do? AoO to grab the cleric's hand and stop the somatic components. Player gets mad, accuses me of playing like a retard who just wants to smash everything nearby, and leaves the group. On the spot.

doliest
2008-12-12, 09:34 PM
A. Yes, you WERE bragging. And if you didn't do it on purpose, you have no common sense.

Anyway, I killed a game indirectly. We had a stupid cleric, and my character was overly cautious. It didn't mix well. Our characters approach a keep, and some enchantment hits each of us. One character gets affected, and he starts zombie walking towards the front door of the keep. My character figures the front door is trapped (Evil cult, they do that stuff) and tries to stop him.

At this point, the cleric decides it's a good idea to run towards the door an open it for no good reason, and the player calls me a p***y IRL. My character manages to talk him out of it.

After a few failed grapples and getting NOWHERE with tripping, my character dicedes to full attack the other PC with non-lethal damage. Right before he could open teh door. So what does the cleric do? "AAAAIIIIEEEEEE!!! CURE LIGHT WOUNDS!" Tries to revive him, right there, where he's one unstoppable round from opening the door.

This is AFTER my character explained that he wanted to carry the guy away before they revived him.

So what does my guy do? AoO to grab the cleric's hand and stop the somatic components. Player gets mad, accuses me of playing like a retard who just wants to smash everything nearby, and leaves the group. On the spot.

A. I've been told that, hones tly I was trying to stay in character which required me to act like a jerk.
B.-D. Ehhhhh
E.I just offer one reason he may have said that.
F.Way2comeback. You lost.

That's actually quite a funny story with a quite retarded cleric.

Kizara
2008-12-12, 09:34 PM

1) Thanks.

2) You have a much better story. I was pretty amused by it, thanks for sharing. :)

Ridureyu
2008-12-12, 09:44 PM
I don't care. Playing a Castlevania RPG is by very nature awesome.

KeresM
2008-12-13, 10:54 AM
There was a magical item that could only be triggered by casting a 'continual light' spell on it. We were supposed to do this long drawn out adventure where we discovered this bit of information.

Only my character forgot to buy a torch.

Abd al-Azrad
2008-12-13, 11:18 AM
Keres, your flamethrower avatar reminded me of this story.

So, I had a group that hadn't played in a long time- partially because of a lingering competitiveness between me and one other player. We both liked to make power builds and try to show each other up, and this particular session, we made very similar Frenzied Berserkers (the PrC you're not supposed to have ONE of in a party, let alone TWO), only his was also a Forsaker (hates and destroys magic items to gain "nonmagical" persistent buffs).

Our third player, the fabled "girl gamer" of the group, made a pyromaniac. I don't think her build was actually relevant, she set stuff on fire and otherwise basically watched the two ragers massacre foes and try to stay 30+ feet apart from each other, while taunting each other for rolling poorly, or the like.

We enter a bizarre enclosed dungeon, actually a crashed spaceship (yeah, this group actually wasn't terribly good at anything other than ridiculous concepts and powergaming) and cut our way through the unusual construct guardians to find some odd crossbow-like device. The pyromaniac's UMD check reveals it can shoot fire in a cone- an item perfect, just perfect, for her. The Forsaker, thus, "realizes" that it MUST be a nonmagical device, tests this theory by literally taking the flamethrower from the hands of the other character and using it, retains his class features which he insists he would have lost immediately upon using it if the flamethrower was magical, uses that argument as proof that the item is both (a) nonmagical and (b) made especially for him by divine right, and demands that he keep it.

We look like we're about to start arguing, so the DM decides now is the time for us to come under attack. We all start making Will saves without explanation. We all pass (powergamers) and decide that without a target to kill, we should retreat. Fine, except the Forsaker ALSO decides that he won't retreat, because he needs to destroy all the magic items left in this bizarre dungeon. Literally seconds after picking up the most powerful one and claiming it as his birthright. So, the pyro and I retreat, he stays behind, making Will saves each round until he gets dominated by the Aboleth lurking nearby. Knowing OOC that this would happen. As an excuse to come and try to duel me, now that he has an advantage.

Long story short, he tracks us down and attacks the party, and is, I will admit, surprisingly effective. Also, the party is using nonlethal tactics against him, because IC, we want to keep him alive and working with us (he is our friend, after all), and OOC, we don't want to give him the satisfaction of a real fight. We fight this long running battle, 'til we finally get to a temple and have a cleric pry the flamethrower from his hands and remove the domination. Yay, problem solved!

...Except he then insists he be given back the flamethrower, because it was his, after all. Arguments ensue, until the pyro sneaks off with the thing and breaks it, to remove the power imbalance and return us to our normal, simmering resentment for each other.

All in all, I'd say it was a good four hours of party infighting in lieu of a game session. Or, alternately, a regular Thursday night.

AAAND, cue posts of "Too long, didn't read!" :smallwink:

Glyde
2008-12-13, 11:20 AM
{Scrubbed}

Kizara
2008-12-13, 12:11 PM
Keres, your flamethrower avatar reminded me of this story.

So, I had a group that hadn't played in a long time- partially because of a lingering competitiveness between me and one other player. We both liked to make power builds and try to show each other up, and this particular session, we made very similar Frenzied Berserkers (the PrC you're not supposed to have ONE of in a party, let alone TWO), only his was also a Forsaker (hates and destroys magic items to gain "nonmagical" persistent buffs).

Our third player, the fabled "girl gamer" of the group, made a pyromaniac. I don't think her build was actually relevant, she set stuff on fire and otherwise basically watched the two ragers massacre foes and try to stay 30+ feet apart from each other, while taunting each other for rolling poorly, or the like.

We enter a bizarre enclosed dungeon, actually a crashed spaceship (yeah, this group actually wasn't terribly good at anything other than ridiculous concepts and powergaming) and cut our way through the unusual construct guardians to find some odd crossbow-like device. The pyromaniac's UMD check reveals it can shoot fire in a cone- an item perfect, just perfect, for her. The Forsaker, thus, "realizes" that it MUST be a nonmagical device, tests this theory by literally taking the flamethrower from the hands of the other character and using it, retains his class features which he insists he would have lost immediately upon using it if the flamethrower was magical, uses that argument as proof that the item is both (a) nonmagical and (b) made especially for him by divine right, and demands that he keep it.

We look like we're about to start arguing, so the DM decides now is the time for us to come under attack. We all start making Will saves without explanation. We all pass (powergamers) and decide that without a target to kill, we should retreat. Fine, except the Forsaker ALSO decides that he won't retreat, because he needs to destroy all the magic items left in this bizarre dungeon. Literally seconds after picking up the most powerful one and claiming it as his birthright. So, the pyro and I retreat, he stays behind, making Will saves each round until he gets dominated by the Aboleth lurking nearby. Knowing OOC that this would happen. As an excuse to come and try to duel me, now that he has an advantage.

Long story short, he tracks us down and attacks the party, and is, I will admit, surprisingly effective. Also, the party is using nonlethal tactics against him, because IC, we want to keep him alive and working with us (he is our friend, after all), and OOC, we don't want to give him the satisfaction of a real fight. We fight this long running battle, 'til we finally get to a temple and have a cleric pry the flamethrower from his hands and remove the domination. Yay, problem solved!

...Except he then insists he be given back the flamethrower, because it was his, after all. Arguments ensue, until the pyro sneaks off with the thing and breaks it, to remove the power imbalance and return us to our normal, simmering resentment for each other.

All in all, I'd say it was a good four hours of party infighting in lieu of a game session. Or, alternately, a regular Thursday night.

AAAND, cue posts of "Too long, didn't read!" :smallwink:

While not exactly funny, that was at least interesting and brought me a smile remembering my own early 'RPing' experiences.

kjones
2008-12-13, 12:22 PM
A. I've been told that, hones tly I was trying to stay in character which required me to act like a jerk.

"I'm just playing my character" is the weakest excuse for being a jerk imaginable. Did you ever consider, oh, I don't know, not playing a jerk of a character?

Cainen
2008-12-13, 12:49 PM
"I'm just playing my character" is the weakest excuse for being a jerk imaginable. Did you ever consider, oh, I don't know, not playing a jerk of a character?

Have you ever considered not telling someone what to play?

doliest
2008-12-13, 12:54 PM

Usually my charracters are a good deal nicer, but this one was intentionally designed as a loud-mouthed jerk. I'd also like to note that the flamethrower story was funny, although I do wonder why falling rocks didn't kill the flamethrower wielding psycho.:smallwink:

KeresM
2008-12-13, 12:57 PM

As a DM, no. If I had a player that acted like that, he'd quickly be invited to NEVER play at my table again.

Rule 0 - Don't be a jerk.

Intentionally designing a character as a loud-mouthed jerk is intending to be disruptive to everyone else's good time and that is unacceptable.

doliest
2008-12-13, 01:01 PM
As a DM, no. If I had a player that acted like that, he'd quickly be invited to NEVER play at my table again.

Rule 0 - Don't be a jerk.

Intentionally designing a character as a loud-mouthed jerk is intending to be disruptive to everyone else's good time and that is unacceptable.

I rarely am the one playing, and more often the one DMing, I like to make memorable characters which is why the last three chracters I have made have all died in one session, most of them because the DM can't stand them.

KeresM
2008-12-13, 01:12 PM
I rarely am the one playing, and more often the one DMing, I like to make memorable characters which is why the last three chracters I have made have all died in one session, most of them because the DM can't stand them.

So why bother? Sounds to me like you've had three strikes already. Be grateful you aren't out and stop being disruptive in your desire to be the center of attention.

Kizara
2008-12-13, 01:26 PM
So why bother? Sounds to me like you've had three strikes already. Be grateful you aren't out and stop being disruptive in your desire to be the center of attention.

His playgroup is probably like 14. Don't bother, its par for the course. Pity the 1-2 people there that actually have the maturity and desire for real roleplaying that have him as a DM.

Animefunkmaster
2008-12-13, 01:36 PM
{Scrubbed}

Eclipse
2008-12-13, 01:38 PM
Usually my charracters are a good deal nicer, but this one was intentionally designed as a loud-mouthed jerk. I'd also like to note that the flamethrower story was funny, although I do wonder why falling rocks didn't kill the flamethrower wielding psycho.:smallwink:

There is a difference between playing a jerk and playing a disruptive character. Playing a jerk is fine, as long as you can do it without being disruptive. Unfortunately, your story makes it sound as though you haven't mastered this art.

Like playing an evil character in a party based game, playing a jerk takes a certain level of roleplaying ability and requires some cooperation from everyone playing the game. Doing random things because you're playing a jerk, just like randomly slaughtering villagers and backstabbing the party because you're chaotic evil, isn't roleplaying, it's disruptive. An exception to this rule can be made only if the group has already bought into this type of game or character concept, or there are other plans between you and the DM to enhance the game for everyone playing.

mikej
2008-12-13, 01:43 PM
The DM isn't a mindless game console there for everyone else amusement, he wants to enjoy the game and have fun too. Be a little respectfull for other gamers and be thankfull you haven't been kick out of the game.

doliest
2008-12-13, 03:16 PM
Technically they can't kick me out beause I am the DM usually, and of the other players I wouldn't call them mature, since one tends to play a chaotic evil character while the other plays the same character every single time personality and alignment wise and I doubt he's ever played anything except for a human....honestly I don't get the hate for the story.

Egiam
2008-12-13, 03:48 PM
Playing a mildly annoying character sometimes works, if used in moderation. Once I was playing in a one shot adventure as an impulsive, trigger happy half-elf sorceror. It worked because my actions didn't directly affect the other players, and did not just annoy the DM. Examples:
-charging into melee
-using all spells in one encounter
-rping enthusiam to charge right in and impatience
-ignoring long in-character lectures about tactics from the team "roy"

So a "Belkar" works if you have a willing "Roy" and you are not bogging down the game with it. He died by arrows when he used up his spells on magic missles and forgot to cast mage armor.

Istari
2008-12-13, 04:01 PM
Give the guy a break, you don't know how his group works and maybe that's how the rest of the group is like(or something else)

the evil lime
2008-12-13, 04:14 PM
Well, I did once kill a game in one session, but I kinda think it was the GM's fault for allowing the character into play. Admittedly, I should have broken character to save the plot, but I figured he'd just kill me and tell me to re-gen or something...

We hadn't got a great deal of info on the homebrew setting we were to play in. We were told that there was an oppressive upper class who worship an oppressive god and the like. I decided to play one of these guys and to be a devout follower of my oppressive god. The others decided to play people who were innately against the oppression, by virtue of being its victims. Anyhow, circumstances conspired to give us the artifact that the rebels needed to begin their plot to overthrow the bad guys (of which I was one). I promptly returned it to the institution it had been stolen from. This kinda ended the campaign. At least, there were no more games.

only1doug
2008-12-13, 04:15 PM
Technically they can't kick me out beause I am the DM usually, and of the other players I wouldn't call them mature, since one tends to play a chaotic evil character while the other plays the same character every single time personality and alignment wise and I doubt he's ever played anything except for a human....honestly I don't get the hate for the story.

The "hate" for your story is because you don't seem to be approaching the game as if it is a privilege to be a part of your group, instead you portray your actions as if your friends should be grateful you choose to waste their time by allowing you to join them. In all the groups I've been in your behaviour as described would get you invited not to return.

In one Game I (as a player) had my PC kill another PC for his jerky behaviour after that PC's first session.

new PC arrives and to introduce him the GM has my friends character washed down the river to be saved by the new PC. (forced GM intro)
the new PC charges my friend 30 gold for saving him and forces an oath of loyalty. the new PC gives a intro speech saying how he hates thieves and will kill them if he ever finds one. everyone agrees (me especially, relevant as I'm playing the party rogue).

That night we sleep on deck of a river boat and the session ends. I speak to the GM privately: During the night i will cut the throat of (new PC) and retrieve his gold, I'll roll the corpse into the river and sleight of hand my friends 30 gold back to him. The GM agreed without the slightest pause.
the next week the GM starts the session with: everyone wakes up in the morning, except you (new PC), generate a new character. New PC was a bit upset but it was self inflicted really.

One of my previous GM's was just like you doliest, he preferred to GM and didn't like being a player so whenever someone else GM'd he'd act like a jerk and disrupt the game so that no one else would dare usurp his GM role.
e.g. during a starwars game he (without any justification) had his character go to the turret of the light freighter and open fire on a star-destroyer with very predictable results (hint no more light freighter).
Fortunately we had enough players that we could choose to exclude him when one of us wanted a go at GM'ing.

the only other game de-rail that i have been involved in was when our L4 party encountered a black dragon dead-end. the GM's railroad insisted that to proceed with the game we had to win the respect of the black dragon by impressing it with our fighting abilities.

our OOC knowledge said we could face the dragon and as long as we put up a respectable fight we would be spared.
Our characters fled the vicinity and never returned, they knew they weren't ready to face a dragon and they weren't going to trust the word of a black dragon.

Athaniar
2008-12-13, 04:20 PM
Actually, that insanity thing could have been a good hook for continuing: the other characters break him out the asylum and such. Honestly, I don't see much reason to insult the OP for the original story. His next post (#3), however, was just rude.

Jayabalard
2008-12-13, 04:22 PM
so, what exactly is your point? I think Kizara hit the nail on the head; either you're trying to brag, or are you looking for some sort of validation.

Athaniar
2008-12-13, 04:27 PM
I don't see it as bragging or validation, I see it as sharing.

doliest
2008-12-13, 04:47 PM
The "hate" for your story is because you don't seem to be approaching the game as if it is a privilege to be a part of your group, instead you portray your actions as if your friends should be grateful you choose to waste their time by allowing you to join them. In all the groups I've been in your behaviour as described would get you invited not to return.

One of my previous GM's was just like you doliest, he preferred to GM and didn't like being a player so whenever someone else GM'd he'd act like a jerk and disrupt the game so that no one else would dare usurp his GM role.
e.g. during a starwars game he (without any justification) had his character go to the turret of the light freighter and open fire on a star-destroyer with very predictable results (hint no more light freighter).
Fortunately we had enough players that we could choose to exclude him when one of us wanted a go at GM'ing.

A.Well I don't consider it a privilege, no, but that stems from my group all being friends for a while and I do spend a good deal of time making fun of them but that's sorta unrelated...
B.I don't really think that sounds like something I would do, particularly due to the fact that I wasn't trying to disrupt the game, I was just trying to stay in character.

Ecalsneerg
2008-12-13, 05:13 PM
B.I don't really think that sounds like something I would do, particularly due to the fact that I wasn't trying to disrupt the game, I was just trying to stay in character.
So, you stayed in character and played as a jerk, yet you weren't trying to be disruptive. The only way I can see that making sense is if you were forced to play as a jerk.

imp_fireball
2008-12-13, 05:24 PM
{Scrubbed}

{Scrubbed} One thing that the DM needs to learn is how to move the story along appropriately without stalling for time by having a friggen wizard challenge the jerk to a duel and then ultimately close down the game in one session. Railroading is bad, but much like nurturing children, it should be everything in moderation.

The realism of it is that a single jerk shouldn't affect the entire universe of a world, because otherwise it loses it's believability. A story that can't be bashed isn't strong enough to stand, in this sense.

IMO, I would of created a scheming rogue-kinda jerk rather then an immature jerk (both with low wis, though it shouldn't change the course of the entire game, really), which would've likely been more adventure-esque.

-----------

The thread host was trying to have fun, that's all there is to it. And in any case, the GM could always rehash the same universe but with a different setting for a next session to shorten out the wait time.

BobVosh
2008-12-13, 05:29 PM
Ohhhh, he's disruptive! He's a douche! One thing that the DM needs to learn is how to move the story along appropriately without stalling for time by having a friggen wizard challenge the jerk to a duel and then ultimately close down the game in one session. Railroading is bad, but much like nurturing children, it should be everything in moderation.

The realism of it is that a single jerk shouldn't affect the entire universe of a world, because otherwise it loses it's believability. A story that can't be bashed isn't strong enough to stand, in this sense.

IMO, I would of created a scheming rogue-kinda jerk rather then an immature jerk (both with low wis, though it shouldn't change the course of the entire game, really), which would've likely been more adventure-esque.

If you can't change the story...why would you want to play?

kjones
2008-12-13, 06:02 PM

I guess I shouldn't have been quite so harsh, but I can't stand players who justify disruptive behavior by saying that they're just "playing their character". If you're having fun at the expense of everyone else at the table (including the DM, who's there to have fun just like you are), then that's not OK.

My point is, there are ways to play a character who is a jerk without being a jerk yourself... but that's not what this guy is doing.

Animefunkmaster
2008-12-13, 06:51 PM
A.Well I don't consider it a privilege, no, but that stems from my group all being friends for a while and I do spend a good deal of time making fun of them but that's sorta unrelated...

I fail to see how that is unrelated (Especially since you wrote it out for us to see). I count myself as lucky that I do not know you.

The hate for your story is because (it seems) many of us are nice to our friends and don't see 'ending a session by DM annoyance' in a positive light. I agree that any DM that only railroads a plot is asking for the game to be shut down (in all my years of dming I think I have had a single game go exactly how I planned); but again, it isn't something that should be congratulated on doing.

Might as well just murdered a PC for no reason because its what your character (which completely doesn't reflect you in any way) would do.

A player who goes out of his way to bash a universe does not deserve to be in the universe to begin with (especially considering the DM has spent far more hours of his time for the sole purpose of the players enjoyment). Like it or not, most of dnd is group based... if you can't play a character who is insane/jerkish and still find some reason to keep the game going, you should reconsider your character.

AslanCross
2008-12-13, 06:55 PM
Things that annoy me when I DM:
1. Not paying attention. It's especially bad in my campaign, where people space out during combat and don't really notice that their party members are getting torn to shreds because they don't act as a team.

2. Asking unrelated questions. As much as I like my players, sometimes they tend to go off-tangent (as in, talking about biology homework, or how stupid their classmate was, or something).

Things that I've seen fellow party members do to annoy the DM:
1. Ask for the nearest brothel in every town. Seriously, you may be roleplaying, but you're roleplaying a profligate spender with a small budget (having spent most of your money on magical gear), not an adventurer.

2. Telling other players what to do in an OOC manner (you should cast this spell instead of that one! despite not knowing anything about magic, for example). It's metagamey, OOC, and generally disruptive.

doliest
2008-12-13, 07:05 PM
I fail to see how that is unrelated (Especially since you wrote it out for us to see). I count myself as lucky that I do not know you.

The hate for your story is because (it seems) many of us are nice to our friends and don't see 'ending a session by DM annoyance' in a positive light. I agree that any DM that only railroads a plot is asking for the game to be shut down (in all my years of dming I think I have had a single game go exactly how I planned); but again, it isn't something that should be congratulated on doing.

Might as well just murdered a PC for no reason because its what your character (which completely doesn't reflect you in any way) would do.

A player who goes out of his way to bash a universe does not deserve to be in the universe to begin with (especially considering the DM has spent far more hours of his time for the sole purpose of the players enjoyment). Like it or not, most of dnd is group based... if you can't play a character who is insane/jerkish and still find some reason to keep the game going, you should reconsider your character.

{Scrubbed}

FoE
2008-12-13, 07:20 PM
{Scrubbed}

Then why are you friends with them? :smallconfused:

You know, you don't have any basis to defend yourself. You ruined the game, along with whatever hard work your friends put into their characters and the campaign. It was bad roleplaying on your part. {Scrubbed}

As for me, I once gamed in this Rifts homebrew knockoff with a guy whose character was originally a farmer but had to go into adventuring. I don't remember the character's name, but he had a pitchfork for a weaspon. That part was kind of funny.

But the player wouldn't shut up. He kept going on and on about his farming background, and singing the verse "I'm a poor, poor farmer ..." He was useless in combat, and actually hit my character when he was aiming for someone else. I had enough and attacked him. No one else jumped in to help him. Sadly, his character managed to get away, but the rest of the evening continued without the player, thankfully.

Maltore
2008-12-13, 07:23 PM
My very first D&D experience:

My boyfriend had told me about this exciting hobby of his called 'Dungeons and Dragons', which sounded really cool so I asked whether I could come and watch a session. He and all his friends were highly enthousiastic, because a girl that's interested in D&D = valuable property.

So I'm enjoying the show, the party has to rest, and the two barbarians are standing guard. One of the barbarian players was absent, and the DM turns to me and says "how about you play him, it's an easy character: he's dumb and he hits stuff, either hard or very hard." I agree.

The other, dwarven barbarian and I have some fun chatting about the time we built a house out of the carcass of a dire elephant, when the DM asks me to make a roll. I roll, it's a six, and he takes me into the kitchen to show me the picture of my 'new best friend', the Erinyes who just charmed me. We return, the Erinyes appears in the forest clearing with some cronies, and the dwarven barbarian, rather than waking up the party, charges her.

Now the DM turns to me and says: "he's attacking this pretty lady, what are you going to do?" My response: "I get angry! I rage! And I attack him! Chaaaaaarge!" At that point, all the players still thought it was sort of funny, and complimented me on my roleplaying. One critical hit and a failed roll for massive damage later, however, ... yeah, you get it, I caused a party wipe. They still let me join, though.

doliest
2008-12-13, 07:26 PM
Then why are you friends with them? :smallconfused:

You know, you don't have any basis to defend yourself. You clearly acted disruptively and you ruined the game, along with whatever hard work your friends put into their characters and the campaign. It was bad roleplaying on your part, and it was bad gaming. Call your friends jerks if you like, but I say it's a pot calling a kettle black.

A.Because I mock someone and/or am creeped out by someone does not mean I cannot be friends with anyone.
B.Don't you dare tell me what I do and don't know!:smalltongue:It was only badgaming if you expand the definition of badgaming to include something that wasn't bad gaming! I've never understood the pot/kettle thing but then I've never seen either.

Edit;Maltore that story was 'charming'.

FoE
2008-12-13, 07:30 PM
The pot and the kettle are both black. Hence, it is hypocritical for the pot to call the kettle black. And for you to call your friends jerks ...

doliest
2008-12-13, 07:32 PM
The pot and the kettle are both black. Hence, it is hypocritical for the pot to call the kettle black. And for you to call your friends jerks ...

I wouldn't call it hypocritical since they are jerks and I am not.

Aneantir
2008-12-13, 07:33 PM

I've always preferred the "Desert to the grain of sand" version of the saying. Same message, but it's more direct and easy to catch on to.

Aneantir
2008-12-13, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't call it hypocritical since they are jerks and I am not.

Yes, yes you are a jerk in the situation you stated. Your childish behaviour caused the game to come to a crashing halt, ruining the fun for everyone involved. That was grade A jerk, right there. Until you learn how to play such characters in moderation, I would recommend not playing them at all.

doliest
2008-12-13, 07:42 PM
Yes, yes you are a jerk in the situation you stated. Your childish behaviour caused the game to come to a crashing halt, ruining the fun for everyone involved. That was grade A jerk, right there. Until you learn how to play such characters in moderation, I would recommend not playing them at all.

Okay, now I'm offended, I am more than capable of playing in moderation atleast until the other players do something to annoy me like work diligently to force me out of the game for a couple of sessions, then I work out an overlycomplicated way to kill all of their characters.....that's not a joke I did that once.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-13, 07:47 PM
{Scrubbed}

doliest
2008-12-13, 07:49 PM
{Scrubbed}

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-13, 07:54 PM
I decided your post needed fixing, so I did it for you.I've posted once, with that. How was any of it trolling? Meanwhile, you stated that anyone who is a furry deserves all of your mocking and jerkery. That's offensive to me, as I have several friends who are furries and deserve far more respect than you showed your "friends".

Aneantir
2008-12-13, 07:57 PM
I've posted once, with that. How was any of it trolling? Meanwhile, you stated that anyone who is a furry deserves all of your mocking and jerkery. That's offensive to me, as I have several friends who are furries and deserve far more respect than you showed your "friends".

I agree with this entirely. Also, I'm fairly certain that discriminating against any group of people is considered a bannable offense, so, doliest, you may wish to refrain from doing so in the future.

doliest
2008-12-13, 07:58 PM
I've posted once, with that. How was any of it trolling? Meanwhile, you stated that anyone who is a furry deserves all of your mocking and jerkery. That's offensive to me, as I have several friends who are furries and deserve far more respect than you showed your "friends".

A.It wasn't, but I wasn't going to leave a part calling me a troll unedited, heavens no.
B.Jerks and/or furries first of all, second of all I refuse to respect people who dress up like animals for fun.

I'm technically not discriminating against anyone if the forum, I'm discriminating against people I know in real life.

Edited to keep in rules and still respect my opinions.

Aneantir
2008-12-13, 08:04 PM
I'm technically not discriminating against anyone if the forum, I'm discriminating against people I know in real life.

Discrimination is discrimination. You are discriminating against a group of people who many forum-goers have as friends, and some people here may even be furries themselves.

Please, stop breaking the forum rules. It is offensive to many members, and no good can come of you doing so.

doliest
2008-12-13, 08:08 PM
Discrimination is discrimination. You are discriminating against a group of people who many forum-goers have as friends, and some people here may even be furries themselves.

Please, stop breaking the forum rules. It is offensive to many members, and no good can come of you doing so.

Which is why I edited my post, and my OP and my friends are kinda off the point of the thread, pandering to my need to read something funny.

The_JJ
2008-12-13, 08:13 PM
Re: all the playah hatin' (never thought I'd be able to say that legitimately...)

It's childish and immature if he disrupted his group. I've played with groups before where that crazy crap is all part of the fun. Exagerated caricitures of charactors doing stupid stuff just to see how the DM reacts. It can be fun to play Belkar.

Personally, I don't think it has to much potencial, but for a one off session, it's ok. I think the problem here is that most of us who are so intrested in RP games as to post on here are very invested in the games.

We don't have the right to judge how he and his group plays. If it was fun, then that's fine. If it did piss his DM and fellow players off, they need to be the ones to call him on it. A bad play can ruin a game, but getting your charactor killed is not nessesarily ruining a game.

Now stop flaming before the mods ban you all. :smallbiggrin:

Anywhoo... I feel obligated to post a story here. Okay, here goes. There is a spell in this system my group used to run called 'Elemental Wall' Which allowed the user to creat a 10x10x1 wall of *insert element here.* One of our mages (in game even) had not failed chemistry. So, during a sea battle, he decides to make a wall of cessium. And plonk it into the ocean next to the Admiral's flagship (a giant blobbly thing was eating the ship...)

Fortunately, the party was spread out and the olnly charactor actually on the ship (mine) had swimming as a racial power, so he was able to dive overboard.

Fun times.

Roland St. Jude
2008-12-13, 08:20 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Thread locked for inherent and apparent difficulties.