PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the OotS-Shirts

Mariel Dragon
2008-12-13, 05:51 AM
Yes, they are nice. I just listed all I wanted to have and wound up with ~300$ worth of shirts. Until I saw, that you can only pay with credit card. Why not at least PayPal? Would it be hard to implement being able to pay somehow else? I'd even send cash form here (Germany) to from wherever in America they ship, to have one of this shirts.

Second suggestion:
I've seen some people discuss, what shirts they would like to have. While adding such special shirts like the Zombie-Recycle-Shirt would be impossible this way, would it be so hard to add those two possiblilites:
1. Choose a character and a quote of them what is definetly in the comic (SoD and OOPC included). Then choose a pic of the character from a predefined list with different emotions (e.g. Haley normal, Haley with Treasure, Haley shouting...) and get that on a shirt. Completely possible, as long as the character has said that exact line. The customer would have to provide the page/panel to verify it. This is to counteract people running around with a Haley-Shirt saying: "I like to f*** Elan" or some other inappropriate things.
2. Just choose a page/panel and get that panel on a shirt. With the option to get a different panel on the back.

Both options should come with all sizes, including maternity and so on to provide Kazumi-pregnancy-jokes and so on.

/discuss

xelliea
2008-12-13, 06:19 AM
intresting, i like the sound of it

Hydro Globus
2008-12-13, 10:45 AM
Yeah, good idea. *Goes, rereads the archives again.*

NerfTW
2008-12-13, 11:02 AM
That's an incredible amount of overhead for the very small profit margin on shirts. Basically, Rich would have to make each of those image/text combos to order, and send them to Cafe Press. Then Cafe Press would put it up for sale and you'd buy it. There's no way for him to custom make the shirt for each order, just put it up for sale.

Basically, as long as he uses Cafe Press, this idea is difficult if not impossible.

There might be a way to accomplish it, but it would still require a massive amount of work just to get the base images into some sort of system useable by whatever company is making the shirts.

Mariel Dragon
2008-12-13, 01:15 PM
That's an incredible amount of overhead for the very small profit margin on shirts. Basically, Rich would have to make each of those image/text combos to order, and send them to Cafe Press. Then Cafe Press would put it up for sale and you'd buy it. There's no way for him to custom make the shirt for each order, just put it up for sale.

Basically, as long as he uses Cafe Press, this idea is difficult if not impossible.

There might be a way to accomplish it, but it would still require a massive amount of work just to get the base images into some sort of system useable by whatever company is making the shirts.
Hmm, yeah, I have not thought this through. If I just had the permission to print a shirt with a picture cut out the comic here at my local copyshop and send Rich money for that...hmm, maybe there is some other way to do this

SPoD
2008-12-13, 05:28 PM
Rich has no control over what payment methods CafePress takes, either. You would be better off going to their forums and complaining about it to them.

Also, it seems to me that your idea for an infinite number of t-shirt combinations doesn't actually benefit Rich that much, compared to just putting out a batch of t-shirts every year. How many people would be interested in that (assuming it was possible) that WOULDN'T be interested in at least one of the 200+ designs he has already made? Not enough to make the time and effort worth it, I would imagine.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-14, 01:06 AM
Ah come on! Please don't ruin Mariel Dragon's awesome idea with something like... thinking!

Please?