PDA

View Full Version : A new DM's plea for help

Elswyyr
2008-12-13, 11:55 AM
I've played d&d for not a very long time, and now i want to see everything from the other point of view. I've got players, I've got a campaign (Scales of War from D&D Insider), and now there's only one problem remaining. I can't figure out how I'll make dungeon tiles. I considered buying premade ones, but i thought it was a bit expensive. Does anyone have some advice about how to make your own tiles? I'm so close to starting a campaign, and I can't wait to get this last little detail done with.

Maltore
2008-12-13, 12:06 PM
Near the back of the Dungeon Master's Guide, there are pages with dungeon tiles that you are free to copy. Personally, I have one of those vinyl table cloths, on which I've drawn squares with a permanent marker, and every session I just draw out the dungeon with a non-permanent marker.

Elswyyr
2008-12-13, 12:07 PM
Near the back of the Dungeon Master's Guide, there are pages with dungeon tiles that you are free to copy. Personally, I have one of those vinyl table cloths, on which I've drawn squares with a permanent marker, and every session I just draw out the dungeon with a non-permanent marker.
Actually, I don't think I've got this prob anymore. I've got an old 3rd ed DMG, and it has lots of dungeon tiles for all occations. Hooray! Lock this thread as you see fit.

Yahzi
2008-12-13, 12:09 PM
I can't figure out how I'll make dungeon tiles.
I can't help you. I've run games for 25 years, and never, ever been in a situation where dungeon tiles would have been worth using.