PDA

View Full Version : Map of DOOM!!! MUAHAHAHA

golentan
2008-12-13, 03:03 PM
Okay, so having had a campaign fall to pieces due to finals, the destruction of my computer, and projected balance issues with setting specific material, I've decided to do a post-apocalypse mech setting. The trouble is the campaign map. I've found this, (http://www.wyrmworld.com/wsw/setting.html) and the google earth feature is really nice, but I'm looking for more options.

Basically, I'm looking for maps which show regions with marked off cities (destroyed and/or new/rebuilt), blast zones, and any changed terrain. I can throw in borders and villages and other simple features on my own, but I'm not good at doing maps.

The basic setting is after reaching the stars, a civil war erupted on the home planet about 60 years ago. When the last missile was lobbed forty years ago, the population was reduced to about 100 million. This balkanized in the hands of warlords and leftover militia, using power armor and mechs to claim territory and set up a government. Due to the availability of cheap fusion and micro factories, technology is still fairly advanced for those with the favor of their warlords (PL6 in d20 modern terms), but has still fallen a long way. Old relics (PL7 to low 8) exist, mostly sealed away in bunkers or held by local leaders. The mars colonies are intact, and have put up a big "Keep off the Grass" sign over Earth. They're officially in charge, but with limited manpower have little impact on day to day life. Weapons used in the war include nuclear, biological, chemical, gravitic, and nano.

Sorry and thank you in advance.

bosssmiley
2008-12-13, 03:16 PM
Map of Gamma World's Meriga (http://www.sorvan.com/games/gammaworld/gwmap.gif)

Print. Pencil in modifications. Don't let the players know you're using a map of America. :smallwink:

golentan
2008-12-13, 03:32 PM
That's a NICE map. But I was looking for something regional (A state, for example, or something a couple hundred miles across).

Looking back, I realize looking back I didn't really specify that.

Does gamma world have any smaller regions mapped out?

chiasaur11
2008-12-13, 03:52 PM
Hmm... Would the first Fallout game's map do it?

Just thinking here.

Deth Muncher
2008-12-13, 04:10 PM
This method requires:

-1 gaming store that supports WH40k, and well stocked with its own terrain, specifically buildingsand craters
-1 camera
-M4d ph0+0 5k1llz

Arrange a gaming table with post-apocalyptic terrain.
Take a picture of it from above it (using a chair or ladder)
Rearrange the terrain.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Now, with some time invested into it, you've got a bunch of pictures of bombed citys. What to do next? Shoop them together.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2008-12-13, 05:46 PM
Get a topographic map of whichever state you want to set the game in. There are many different styles, so pick out one that's easily understandable and you're all set.

only1doug
2008-12-13, 06:31 PM
As noted by others using existing maps is a good start. If you feel you need an in game justification for using pre-apocalyptic maps with handdrawn modifications the its simple: the pre-apocalyptic maps are plentiful but post-apocalyptic maps are much less detailed. so everyone modifies the existing maps instead of starting fresh.