PDA

View Full Version : Evil Soul Stealer

Cowboy_ninja
2008-12-13, 05:17 PM
I'm in a lvl 13 Evil dungeon.

i want to do something with souls. Stealing them, using them, destroying them, etc.

i'm looking at "Life Drinker" and "Soul Eater" from the BoVD. ( to qualify for both i just need to be a monstrous humanoid wiht the half vampire template)

anyhow. im stuck when it comes to stealing and preserving souls. I'm only lvl 13 and with these PrCs im not much of a caster to cast spells recomended from BoVD like soul bind (9th), trap the soul (8th).

what are other ways to steal and store souls. perhaps if i kill them THEN steal their soul?

any magic items that can help me?

i heard of a magic item called "dark altar stone". what book is that in? also i cant find the spell "imprison soul"

advice? comments?

Yukitsu
2008-12-13, 05:22 PM
Thinaun steal. Sleight of hand it into their pockets, then kill them. This results in their soul being sucked into the weapon, at which point you take it back out of the pocket and continue on your merry way. Completely mundane, costs 10 000 per, but you can re-use it.

hamishspence
2008-12-13, 05:26 PM
Complete Divine covers destroying souls (Sphere of Annihilation) damaging them (barghest ability) When it comes to storing them though, trickier.

the sword Blackrazor from Arms and Equipment Guide consumes souls, and can feed some of that energy to the wielder, removing negative levels bestowed on him. Victims need wish, True Res, Miracle to bring back (and still only 50% chance)

Larvae are Souls of a sort- so slain evil victims souls can be used in spells as components, if you can get hold of them (portal to Lower Planes, maybe)

Keld Denar
2008-12-13, 05:29 PM
Thinaun steal. Sleight of hand it into their pockets, then kill them. This results in their soul being sucked into the weapon, at which point you take it back out of the pocket and continue on your merry way. Completely mundane, costs 10 000 per, but you can re-use it.

Its in Complete Warrior...and alternatively, you could just STAB them with it. The only thing the Thinaum says it does though, is make it easier to Resurect you, and if your soul is stuck in the Thinaum, you can't be Rezed without it. You'd also have to find a way to "empty" the weapon after you slay someone with it. I got nothing there. BoVD has rules for using Souls to pay for the XP cost to craft items and/or cast spells, might want to look in there for something useful. I've never read the book, so this is kind of hearsay, but I think its there. Another good source book would be Exemplar's of Evil.

Remember, its a growth industry!

hamishspence
2008-12-13, 05:35 PM
Ghostwalk campaign setting has rules for Vampires who are also Monstrous Humanoids (for the Soul eater prestige class). They get a "tombstone" not a coffin, but no big differences. It is updated to 3.5 on Wizards site.

Yukitsu
2008-12-13, 05:38 PM
Its in Complete Warrior...and alternatively, you could just STAB them with it.

Wait, you can use weapons for killing? I thought you used save or dies for that. :smallconfused:

Cowboy_ninja
2008-12-13, 05:40 PM

what book is that in?

Yukitsu
2008-12-13, 05:44 PM
Complete warrior.

Keld Denar
2008-12-13, 06:07 PM
Wait, you can use weapons for killing? I thought you used save or dies for that. :smallconfused:

As a Souldrinker/Lifestealer, he better be using a weapon for killin. I can't imagine too many ways he has to force save or die effects on someone without access to the really good spells and respectable save DCs...One of those classes, and I forget which, allows you to channel your Energy Drain ability though a weapon. Why not use Thinaum?