I claim it first. :smallbiggrin:

Latch
2008-12-13, 08:55 PM
Dibs! No! Wait! Argh!!!:smallbiggrin:

tanonx
2008-12-13, 08:59 PM
Dibs! No! Wait! Argh!!!:smallbiggrin:

Oh, you poor dumb pickle... Dude. First offical use. :P

First usage rights, some restrictions may apply, see stores for details. Side effects may include groaning, screaming, bleeding from the ears and a sneaking suspicion the entire world is holding one over on you. Ask your docrot if OYPDPW is right for you!

Latch
2008-12-13, 09:18 PM
Oh, you poor dumb pickle... Dude. First offical use. :P

First usage rights, some restrictions may apply, see stores for details. Side effects may include groaning, screaming, bleeding from the ears and a sneaking suspicion the entire world is holding one over on you. Ask your docrot if OYPDPW is right for you!

...:smalleek:...

...Okay...I am in awe.

By the way, wouldn't "Come back here and kill me, you coward!" be a better one? Dibs, by the way.:smalltongue:

TheSummoner
2008-12-13, 09:25 PM
In that case, I claim

"Well FINE! I don't need you to kill me! I know lots of people waiting to kill me!"

Latch
2008-12-13, 09:26 PM
With some care, this could develop into the next memeplex: making memes out of individual comic strips!:smallcool:

someonenonotyou
2008-12-14, 12:39 AM
With some care, this could develop into the next memeplex: making memes out of individual comic strips!:smallcool:
Oh, you poor dumb pickle-woman that would never work
hey i like it its offical new meme in the internet:smallbiggrin:

Liwen
2008-12-14, 12:44 AM
Please don't use the meme dumb pickle woman on me because my question really does sounds stupid, but what's a meme?

Some kind of overboring quote overused over and over over the Internet with the overbearing effet of overly overpwning those who own well overdue sums of ovens?

"Brains detonation in 5 4 3...." ouch

Kin Silvion
2008-12-14, 12:46 AM
Why not make "I Am A Sexy Shoeless God Of War" a Meme? It would be so much more epic.

keeperoflore
2008-12-14, 12:59 AM
ok then, i call "What the hell does "nemesis" mean, anyway??"

Hydro Globus
2008-12-14, 01:09 AM
Some kind of overboring quote overused over and over over the Internet with the overbearing effet of overly overpwning those who own well overdue sums of ovens?

Pretty much, yes.

Chronos
2008-12-14, 01:15 AM
Please don't use the meme dumb pickle woman on me because my question really does sounds stupid, but what's a meme?The short answer is that it's an idea. The longer answer is that it's an idea which is transferred from person to person, competing against other ideas, mutating, and becoming more or less prevalent, in much the same way that genes compete. It can be a conversational shorthand or pop culture reference, as it's often used to mean around here, but it can also be something like a new way to weave a basket, or a religion, or a style of clothing,.

Scion_of_Darkness
2008-12-14, 01:24 AM
The short answer is that it's an idea. The longer answer is that it's an idea which is transferred from person to person, competing against other ideas, mutating, and becoming more or less prevalent, in much the same way that genes compete. It can be a conversational shorthand or pop culture reference, as it's often used to mean around here, but it can also be something like a new way to weave a basket, or a religion, or a style of clothing,.

Nicely said. I would have gone with "A virus of the mind" more than anything else though.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-14, 01:37 AM
The short answer is that it's an idea. The longer answer is that it's an idea which is transferred from person to person, competing against other ideas, mutating, and becoming more or less prevalent, in much the same way that genes compete. It can be a conversational shorthand or pop culture reference, as it's often used to mean around here, but it can also be something like a new way to weave a basket, or a religion, or a style of clothing,.

I like Liwen's definition better. :)
I would also sig that but I don't seem to be able to stuff more then (300? 500?) characters in my sig, not even with spoiler tags.

FrankNorman
2008-12-14, 01:51 AM
A "meme" is an idea (or set of ideas) that propagates itself around by means of the people who share it.
The word is a 20th-century neologism.

TARINunit9
2008-12-14, 03:30 AM
This is a dangerous, flame-war-inducing topic! For the well-being of my fellow forums-people, I must derail it! But how?...

IMMA FIREN MAH LAZER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, if that's the best I can do, than I SERIOUSLY need to take a break from the internet for a few days!!

FoE
2008-12-14, 03:34 AM
The problem is, you can't make a meme just by saying "X is a meme." It has to take on a life of its own.

Now cower before my BROOKLYN RAGE!

zillion ninjas
2008-12-14, 03:45 AM
The problem is, you can't make a meme just by saying "X is a meme." It has to take on a life of its own.

desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu ...

(What? You're all thinking it...)

Greep
2008-12-14, 03:53 AM

Now cower before my BROOKLYN RAGE!

yeah declaring something a meme is a surefire way to not make it a meme. Not claiming :P

Yendor
2008-12-14, 05:10 AM

Or to put it another way, MEMES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

ref
2008-12-14, 06:36 AM
Liwen: is that Atreyu?

mikeejimbo
2008-12-14, 01:39 PM

Not that this stops people from trying, of course.

derfy
2008-12-14, 03:51 PM
What about Milhouse?

Assassin89
2008-12-14, 04:03 PM
What about Milhouse?

There is no Milhouse in Order of the Stick
*Stabs nonsensical statement*

a meme will show up, but suggesting one should not cause it to become a meme.