PDA

View Full Version : Astral Prjection+Anti-magic field = ????

AirTony7
2008-12-13, 09:32 PM
I was just wondering what would happen if a wizard's astral form were to walk into an anti-magic field?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-12-13, 09:34 PM
I was just wondering what would happen if a wizard's astral form were to walk into an anti-magic field?There are multiple possibilities, it's never RAW defined. Either it functions normally, the AP makes an SR check, the AP vanishes, the AP dies, the AP is dispelled, the AP cannot enter, or the Ap dies and his soul is lost forever. Pick one.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-13, 09:36 PM
I go with the AP can't pass through that area personally. Its a magical effect. AF blocks that.

DementedFellow
2008-12-13, 11:04 PM
There are multiple possibilities, it's never RAW defined. Either it functions normally, the AP makes an SR check, the AP vanishes, the AP dies, the AP is dispelled, the AP cannot enter, or the Ap dies and his soul is lost forever. Pick one.

I like the AP makes a SR check and if fails is soulless. :smallsmile:

herrhauptmann
2008-12-14, 01:09 AM
Don't summoned creatures wink out of existence while within an AMF? And if the AMF falls before the summoning duration is up, they return to existence in that same spot?

herrhauptmann
2008-12-14, 01:11 AM
Don't summoned creatures wink out of existence while within an AMF? And if the AMF falls before the summoning duration is up, they return to existence in that same spot?

I'd assume something similar with astral projection. If you wander into an AMF, you can't do anything until the AMF or your AP expires. Now if someone casts AMF on your body while you're using AMF, that'd be even worse. :)

Sir Giacomo
2008-12-14, 01:28 PM
There are multiple possibilities, it's never RAW defined. Either it functions normally, the AP makes an SR check, the AP vanishes, the AP dies, the AP is dispelled, the AP cannot enter, or the Ap dies and his soul is lost forever. Pick one.

It's true, the RAW leave a lot of interpretatiosn open.
I'd say AMF shuts down the AP, basically putting the AP character into uncharted territory. The AMF text says that summoned creatures simply vanish and then reappear again, never stating what happens to them in between (but the summoning provides an odd status to such summoned creatures, anyhow).
In the case of the AP I guess it is one of those rare occurances envisioned by the core rules when the astral chord is severed - while the spells do not explicitly say that, it is quite easy to come to that conclusion.

- Giacomo