PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever totally called it?

Alysar
2008-12-14, 01:59 AM
We all have our little theories about what will happen in OotS sometime in the future. Have you ever posted a guess in the forums and had your guess turn out completely right?

Tell about it, and if you can, post a link to the comment where your posted your idea.

EyethatBinds
2008-12-14, 03:31 AM
I predicted what the MitD is, before he was famous.

Ron Miel
2008-12-14, 03:44 AM
I predicted Pete's betrayal back when he first appeared.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86939

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-14, 03:45 AM
I predicted the Oracle being able to see and hear Roy, but ignoring him because he didn't like the guy and even the part about him insulting Roy's mother.

I was also among the first to suggest V was a lich. I based this entirely upon this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0553.html), when I guessed that the cage contained V's phylactery and s/he put it in a cage for safekeeping. (Post 15) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79465)

I have also made several predictions invovling the shipping of 2-6 characters, none of which have Y chromosomes. I make wild and baseless speculation all the time. It's kinda my schtick.

You know what they say about a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters: one will eventually get his skinny little chum-chum wedged painfully in between the keys.

Greep
2008-12-14, 03:46 AM
I predicted Pete's betrayal back when he first appeared.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86939

also did this before seeing his thread :D

I've also called belkar heading towards chaotic neutral about 10 comics ago and got a lot of flak for it. Now it seems pretty obvious after his fight with crystal.

slayerx
2008-12-14, 03:59 AM
also did this before seeing his thread :D

I've also called belkar heading towards chaotic neutral about 10 comics ago and got a lot of flak for it. Now it seems pretty obvious after his fight with crystal.

not really... the whole point of Belkar's conversation 10 comics ago was that he was gonna ACT like a better person to keep everyone off his back. He doesn't actually believe in team work or anything he told crystal... he just believes faking team work will get him off the hook when he does evil things... hell he still considers "murder" a nice bonus

Really, what Belkar is doing now is no different than what Shojo did to make everyone think he was following the oath; just as Shojo wanted everyone to assume he followed the oath, Belkar wants others to assume he's neutral... in a sense, the fact that Belkar has tricked you into believe he has gone Neutral, means his plan is already working :smallwink:

Greep
2008-12-14, 04:20 AM
not really... the whole point of Belkar's conversation 10 comics ago was that he was gonna ACT like a better person to keep everyone off his back. He doesn't actually believe in team work or anything he told crystal... he just believes faking team work will get him off the hook when he does evil things... hell he still considers "murder" a nice bonus

Really, what Belkar is doing now is no different than what Shojo did to make everyone think he was following the oath; just as Shojo wanted everyone to assume he followed the oath, Belkar wants others to assume he's neutral... in a sense, the fact that Belkar has tricked you into believe he has gone Neutral, means his plan is already working :smallwink:

heh, well for the sake of not derailing the thread, I'll just say okay :D

I wonder if anyone saw V leaving right before haley contacted durkon

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-14, 04:22 AM

Not quite...he just left her alive becasue he wanted Haley to kill her instead. If Haley decides for some reason to spare Crystal's life and Belkar doesn't say something along the lines of "You mean you DON'T want my present? Fine, I'll keep it for myself. *Stabs Crystal*," then you'll have supporting evidence.

EDIT: Ninja'd. You're right. Let's not derail this thread.

Greep
2008-12-14, 04:34 AM
Not quite...he just left her alive becasue he wanted Haley to kill her instead. If Haley decides for some reason to spare Crystal's life and Belkar doesn't say something along the lines of "You mean you DON'T want my present? Fine, I'll keep it for myself. *Stabs Crystal*," then you'll have supporting evidence.

EDIT: Ninja'd. You're right. Let's not derail this thread.

heh, I'll make a thread on that myself muahaha.

oh geeze you want proof of our comments too? I'll get working on that :)

okay here we go, about 10th post on the page or so

whoo! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92409&highlight=pete&page=2)

I loved that thread :D

Kaytara
2008-12-14, 08:29 AM
At some point during the giant devil arc I said that I could see Vaarsuvius coming onto the stage and killing Kubota right in front of Elan, who would try to stop him. That's not much, though, lots of people thought that V might fly in and blast everyone to bits.

Assassin89
2008-12-14, 08:31 AM
I said that Crystal would prove not to be a threat after all and 616 has proved my point, although it was with Belkar.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-12-14, 08:54 AM
I figured out that the orcs would worship Banjo the Clown since he looked like their island. Pointy hat=mountain, buttons on hat=caves in the moutian, buttons on costume=reef surrounding the island.

But I also thought that the orcs would go against type and get along with the humans (actually, I'm still holding out that with Qarr gone, they may change their minds), and would end up helping the humans drive out the hobgoblins.

Prowl
2008-12-14, 10:41 AM
Most of my speculation is wildly off the mark, but I was right on about Crystal not wanting to kill Haley so she could get free levels:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5328512#post5328512

Totally Guy
2008-12-14, 12:25 PM
I predicted Xykon taking back Roy's crown whilst atop the zombie dragon. Unfortunatly it's too old to link to. I don't think I've called it since.

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 02:41 PM
I said Rich Burlew made OOTS. Turns out I was right.

Assassin89
2008-12-14, 02:46 PM

*Face palms*
Stating the obvious does not count as calling an event

*prepares dagger to stab statement to death*

David Argall
2008-12-14, 03:58 PM
Well, I did manage to call Qarr as a devil, tho I didn't consider the idea of Mr. Big's size.

Neopolis
2008-12-14, 04:21 PM
But then what are the space cats for?:smallconfused:

Greep
2008-12-14, 04:51 PM
*Face palms*
Stating the obvious does not count as calling an event

*prepares dagger to stab statement to death*

dude, you stab everything! And you don't even have a weapon! What are you a morrowind player with your bound daggers? >.>

Kish
2008-12-14, 04:58 PM
I figured out that the orcs would worship Banjo the Clown since he looked like their island. Pointy hat=mountain, buttons on hat=caves in the moutian, buttons on costume=reef surrounding the island.

But I also thought that the orcs would go against type and get along with the humans (actually, I'm still holding out that with Qarr gone, they may change their minds), and would end up helping the humans drive out the hobgoblins.

That plot arc concluded with the orcs agreeing to trade with Hinjo, remember?

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-12-14, 09:30 PM
That plot arc concluded with the orcs agreeing to trade with Hinjo, remember?

Early Alzhimers... :smalleek:

I was too focused on Vaarsuvius leaving to remember that the orcs and humans ended up getting along. I WAS hoping for a day at the beach before they left, for obvious reasons!

The Linker
2008-12-14, 10:50 PM

Now, wait a minute. The first time we see the island (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0551.html), the details of the caves and reefs were not visible. It's only in the same panel that we find out why they're worshipping Banjo (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html) that we see them. Fess up! You're just pretending to call things! You just want to be popular! :smalltongue:

Alternate theories suggest you gleaned it simply from how the mountain looked like his hat. Ppth. We don't listen to those silly theories.

newcresty
2008-12-14, 11:42 PM
I predicted this thread ^^.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-15, 12:04 AM
dude, you stab everything! And you don't even have a weapon! What are you a morrowind player with your bound daggers? >.>

No, he is trying to start a meme. Just let him play around :)

Kaytara
2008-12-15, 12:55 AM
Now, wait a minute. The first time we see the island (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0551.html), the details of the caves and reefs were not visible. It's only in the same panel that we find out why they're worshipping Banjo (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html) that we see them. Fess up! You're just pretending to call things! You just want to be popular! :smalltongue:

Alternate theories suggest you gleaned it simply from how the mountain looked like his hat. Ppth. We don't listen to those silly theories.

Not to mention the fact that the orcs couldn't have had such a reason for worshipping Banjo, as they've never had the opportunity to look at their island from a bird perspective or from out of the ocean....

Tholok Razescar
2008-12-15, 02:19 AM
Not to mention the fact that the orcs couldn't have had such a reason for worshipping Banjo, as they've never had the opportunity to look at their island from a bird perspective or from out of the ocean....

Says you. Those half-and-other-half orc flying machines, man, are those crafty.

Sadly they keep plummeting to the ground because they're made of waxy goop and feathers.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-12-15, 09:11 AM

Say What?!?! Orcs and half orcs can see their island from the sea, we go out for fishing and surfing every day! The reef is where you get your biggest, if most dangerous waves, and as the wave lifts your board for the drop, you see the caves, reef and mountian all in one go!

And yes, I predicted it from the shape of the mountain, even before I saw the caves and reef. I was hoping (and still hold out hope) that Elan and several of the orcs would take a beach day. Elan is too much of a fun guy to turn down an opportunity to hang out on the beach, surf, play (American) football, and sing songs around a bonfire.

And if there are WoW type goblins around, I'd expect to see zepplins and/or kites being used to gain altitude. Actually, kites would be best, since ocean breezes can get quite strong.

[TS] Shadow
2008-12-15, 06:20 PM
I predicted that the Cleric of Loki would kick ass.

Linkavitch
2008-12-15, 08:28 PM
I predicted Belkar would die in the Crystal/Boz vrs. Belkar fight. But it turned out I'm a false prophet.

theinsulabot
2008-12-15, 10:15 PM
in this thread 4 down, i said V was spiraling downwards without roy's stabilizing influence. 25-30 panels later, he freaks out and ditches the party. i am willing to say that's close enough

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4423292#post4423292